• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: Reveal Trailer At 11 PM PDT, March 26th

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Suppression is good but it should only affect gun sway. So stupid to see your bullets spread out like a shotgun compared to where youre aiming. Also if two people start shooting each other with small arms it's pretty stupid that the guy missing is often rewarded because the other person is hitting not suppressing.
That would allow skilled opponents with ranged weapons to still return accurate fire, unless the amount of sway was ridiculous. Suppression is hardly reliable as is, and any nerf of that magnitude would make it completely useless.

Hit flinch should be in though.

rdrr gnr

That would allow skilled opponents with ranged weapons to still return accurate fire, unless the amount of sway was ridiculous. Suppression is hardly reliable as is, and any nerf of that magnitude would make it completely useless.

Hit flinch should be in though.
Oh, please, God no. Flinch heads shots.

Edit: DP

RoKKeR

Little bits and pieces flooding in over Twitter. These guys know their stuff, and have provided solid information for the past two weeks on BF4.

https://twitter.com/jrb1x/status/316623342016798721
Improved, more efficient destruction #BF4

https://twitter.com/jrb1x/status/316628070809350144
Goodbye, Frostbite 2.0 - #BF4. No further comment.

https://twitter.com/cnibz/status/316630743642148864
@BenMorrow1 Yes, there will be no Frostbite 2 or Frostbite 2.5

https://twitter.com/cnibz/status/316631831606865920
Complete new design on the official Battlefield site tomorrow, along with game play trailer and information. #BF4 more soon.

https://twitter.com/cnibz/status/316632183009861632
I hope you're ready for a GPU upgrade. #BF4

That's all for now.

ibwABaB4DGVXda.gif

RoKKeR

The one thing I don't get is that the Frostbite 2 logo is clearly displayed on the BF4 site, contradicting what those guys have said. Not that they'd come out and spoil the surprise with a simple logo, but...

...anticipation reaching critical levels.

Spl1nter

The one thing I don't get is that the Frostbite 2 logo is clearly displayed on the BF4 site, contradicting what those guys have said. Not that they'd come out and spoil the surprise with a simple logo, but...

...anticipation reaching critical levels.

I think it might be in reference to the amount of change in destruction/graphics/scale etc. Than again could just be fb 3.0. Name changes are so silly, more just public pr.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I noticed that most of their devs shifted to calling it "Frostbite".

Also Frostbite uses Havok, so I imagine the more efficient/improved destruction is based on this:

Havok said:
San Francisco – March 12, 2013– Havok™, a leading provider of interactive 3D game technology, today announced the launch of a major new version of its industry-leading Havok Physics technology. The release is the culmination of more than 5 years of internal R&D effort. It features significant technical innovations in performance, memory utilization, usability and simulation quality, and represents a major leap forward in physics simulation for games.

Designed from the ground up for the computing architectures that will define games for the next decade, this release targets next-generation home consoles, mobile and PC while continuing to offer full support for current generation consoles.

“This release of Havok Physics marks the third major iteration of our physics technology since the company was founded 15 years ago. Although Havok Physics is widely recognized as the industry’s leading physics solution, our R&D team is constantly striving to innovate and push the technology further,” said Andrew Bond, Vice President of Technology for Havok. “The result is a new engine core built around fully continuous simulation that enables maximum physical fidelity with unprecedented performance speeds. Beta versions of the technology have been in the hands of a number of leading developers for some time and we have seen dramatic performance gains with simulations running twice as fast or more, and using up to 10 times less memory. Additionally the new core’s performance is extremely predictable, eliminating performance spikes. We are genuinely excited to see how game designers will harness the additional power that we are offering with this release.”

"At 2K Czech, our games demand a physics solution that can scale efficiently and handle highly detailed interactive environments. Having recently moved to the next generation of Havok Physics, we’ve been blown away by how Havok’s new physics technology is able to make highly efficient utilization of all available hardware cores with a very lean runtime memory footprint," said Laurent Gorga, Technical Director at 2K Czech. "This combination allows us to deliver the high quality simulation at the scale we need and we are really looking forward to making some incredible games with the new technology."

Havok is currently scheduling meetings for technical reviews of its latest Physics technology at GDC March 27th– March 29th, Business Suite #400.
Source: http://www.havok.com/news-and-press/releases/havok-unleashes-next-gen-physics

KageMaru

Hopefully this is an actual trailer and not some teaser.

I'm guess the footage will be from the PC version but I'd love to see it running on the PS4 or even "Next gen".

Dave_6

Hmm. I might actually end up being happy that I sold the 4GB 670 I had and haven't built my PC yet (all I have is a case, RAM and an SSD).

I'm taking their "destruction" comments with a grain of salt after what they said when BF3 was announced.

"They" did not say anything yet.

It's pretty obvious they will though. They know BF:BC 1&2 destruction is a fan favorite and they used that to promote BF3 early on.

Odrion

Banned
Remember when people thought that they were future proofing this upcoming fall with 670s?

KyleN

Banned

Why would you even post that? Nothing they post is facts. They are just attentionwhores and want everyone to sign up at BattlefieldHoe.

RoKKeR

RoKKeR

Why would you even post that? Nothing they post is facts. They are just attentionwhores and want everyone to sign up at BattlefieldHoe.
Do you know for sure? I'm not even saying they are confirmed facts, just posting what I see. Despite the website they represent, they have been fairly reliable. KyleN if you know otherwise I'll gladly stand corrected.

RoKKeR

Yah, we should take everything the press says with a grain of salt, this is worse than than the Xbox E3 event where everyone got a free Xbox.
...what? It's common industry practice to give press members souvenirs from media events, I've seen it many times before. Just because they get free dog tags doesn't mean what they say about the game is any less credible, is it?

derFeef

...what? It's common industry practice to give press members souvenirs from media events, I've seen it many times before. Just because they get free dog tags doesn't mean what they say about the game is any less credible, is it?

I was joking, did think was clear with the xbox part ;)

Arnie

I wouldn't trust the press anyway. Not in a nefarious 'oh they're accepting goodybags' kind of way, just because they don't know Battlefield half as well as we do, so I'll digest the footage and information and make decisions for myself on whether the series is going in the right direction, and whether Battlefield 4 is indeed necessary so soon after BF3.

The press thought Gears 2 was a good game.

Top Bottom