• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: Reveal Trailer At 11 PM PDT, March 26th

RaptorGTA

Must haves:
Battlerecorder
Spectator
Commander

Remove:
Suppression

That is all the e-sports community asks these days.

I like the idea of suppression. I dont know if i fully agree on how it was implemented in BF3 but overall I think it simulated and made a valid tactic to "cover fire". Did it annoy the hell out of me..ofcourse..but i would hate to see it go. Least make it a server option.

But the 3 you mentioned are a must.

I am really looking forward to seeing this.. BF3 didn't quite do it for me, but I suspect that was because I played it on the 360. I am hoping this game looks awesome and fresh, and the next gen versions will eliminate the current gen issues.

That said, I think the real question is whether or not this game will have a Dinosaurs mode.

Darkkn

Pretty hyped for this. BF3 was great among military shooters and i think DICE delivered well on the Premium DLC, so i have still good taste on my mouth after all said and done with BF3.

Hopefully they have more interesting locations for maps this time. I really liked some of the DLC maps visually, like the Swiss hotel suite. Huge map based on (un-destroyed)modern city, like Shanghai would be sick.

Sub combat was cool in bf1942. You had to stalk big ships, submerge carefully and sinking destroyers and carriers was satisfying...after sinking the ships you could resurface and gun down the remaining survivors trying to swim to shore

still wondering how naval combat is going to work given that ship-to-ship combat has been basically phased out post world war II

i guess boats could be like floating artillery platforms that just launch cruise missiles or something

Akainu

Well I guess they will just videogame it (sub combat) anyway. Assassin's Creed 3 did it with naval combat. How big is Battlefield on realism I've only played the first hour of 3?

Makoto

How big is Battlefield on realism I've only played the first hour of 3?
Plants vs. Zombies has more realism than BF3.

So I find it funny that people are taking real life sub combat and using that as a indicator of what BF4's possible naval combat will be like.

Awaits Submarines that control like airplanes or won't be possible to control them. The rule of COD 101.
This is what I'm expecting given what DICE did to the gunship in AK. Which is going to be disappointing.

RoKKeR

If the hands-on reports are in fact true then I could possibly fathom the reveal being...multiplayer? It definitely feels like this is going to be a big, big reveal, both for the public and the press, and I hope that they don't waste it on SP.

I'm very restrained in my expectations. I'm just hoping it plays better on consoles.

Assuming this a joke.
Haha yeah it was. Mr. Williams was really good in The Wire and is also good in Boardwalk Empire. I'm only two episodes into Boardwalk S3, need to finish it off sometime.

Yea, and this is how it looks inside;
Kind of surreal seeing DICE on the theater seats like that. Glad to see them having great success, now hopefully with BF4 they give us long time BF players a bit more of the older BF games gameplay that we crave.

What time is this thing being shown??

Wouldnt 11 pm pdt on the 26th be like 2 am tomorrow for east coasters? What the hell is the point of revealing something at 2 in the morning?

derFeef

What time is this thing being shown??

Wouldnt 11 pm pdt on the 26th be like 2 am tomorrow for east coasters? What the hell is the point of revealing something at 2 in the morning?

Hard to please everyone.

t1364364000z4.png

Hopefully we'll find out if the most interesting part of the Chinese rumor, the PS4/next Xbox versions running at 1080p/60fps, is actually true.

Timezones how do they work

it 6am reveal i think here in UK so yeah

I think I understand perfectly well how timezones work. 11 pm itself is damn late for a reveal much less 2 am on the east coast and before breakfast for most of Europe. Is this reveal timed specifically for Australians and no one else?

I think I understand perfectly well how timezones work. 11 pm itself is damn late for a reveal much less 2 am on the east coast and before breakfast for most of Europe. Is this reveal timed specifically for Australians and no one else?

You'll still be able to see the trailer when you wake up 6 hours later right?

Portugeezer

What time is 11pm PDT in the UK (I would google but sometimes even those results are off by 1 hr)? Wondering if I should stay up because I got work tomorrow.

Edit: oh 6 am? Da fuq? No wonder DICE who are based in Europe said 27th.

georgc

Awaits Submarines that control like airplanes or won't be possible to control them. The rule of COD 101.

Way too complex :p

Being a good chopper pilot is complex also there are many thing going on at once and need to be taken care of. If they could make the sub like this it would be amazing

Cudder

so will the EA ninjas be able to keep BF4 info and media under wraps until late tonight? Doubtful.

I mean, the trailer is supposed to be revealed to the public in just over 12 hours anyway, they've already won imo, with it being so close to the reveal time anyway.

Must haves:
Battlerecorder
Spectator
Commander

Remove:
Suppression

That is all the e-sports community asks these days.
...aaaand done. Supression was implemented just fine before the horrible game-breaking patch that ruined it. If this hasn't been adjusted, you can count me out. Otherwise, I'll probably be there day one.

I am looking forward to a good solid hour reveal of a guy asking everyone in the audience "So what are you going to put on your dog tags?"

Naked Lunch

...aaaand done. Supression was implemented just fine before the horrible game-breaking patch that ruined it. If this hasn't been adjusted, you can count me out. Otherwise, I'll probably be there day one.

Suppression was hyper beefed in the Spring of 2012 but patched back to launch levels in the summer/fall of 2012 yo.

Suppression basically makes it so you cant be a rambo and point and shoot at every threat engaging you - its more about positioning and knowing when to retreat. The entire game is based around taking cover and firing back. It still needs some work though.

Suppression was hyper beefed in the Spring of 2012 but patched back to launch levels in the summer/fall of 2012 yo.

Suppression basically makes it so you cant be a rambo and point and shoot at every threat engaging you - its more about positioning and knowing when to retreat. The entire game is based around taking cover and firing back. It still needs some work though.

Nope. Lower than it was when they broke it, but no where near launch levels.

Zeppelin

I'm hyped. I poured like 300 hours into BF3 before I finally got fed up with some of the bugs. They will have my money on Day 1.

I loved suppression. Cool way of visually creating a psychological condition. But from the beginning, I knew people would dislike it. Certain gamers hate having control taken away from them or having a condition imposed on them that limits their abilities.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I loved suppression. Cool way of visually creating a psychological condition. But from the beginning, I knew people would dislike it. Certain gamers hate having control taken away from them or having a condition imposed on them that limits their abilities.

No shit. Poison Status Ailment in RPGs? The same fucking thing... :D

Makoto

I like suppression too and in my experiences have found it to be effective. In fact, suppression is one of the few things I can't fault BF3 for. The concept of suppressing a target in a modern arcade-shooter has never really been given a serious try. In that sense, DICE was ambitious and ambitious DICE is best DICE.

Top Bottom