• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Owners of "Breaking Bad" house put up a fence to stop pizza throwers

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Millions of people around the world over know the Northeast Heights home as the one owned by teacher-turned-meth kingpin Walter White in the AMC show "Breaking Bad," but it's not. It belongs to real humans.

After years of taking vandalisms, trespassing and general rudeness in stride, the real-life homeowners have said enough, it's off limits. For Joanne Quintana, it's been a pretty ridiculous four years.

"We feel like we can't leave because when we, do something happens and that's ridiculous," she said.

On a weekly basis, Quintana said she loses count of how many people come to the house. Over the first Balloon Fiesta weekend, she estimates it climbed into the hundreds. In 15 minutes, a KOB news crew counted nearly 10 tourists.

They can get nasty. Some even steal rocks from the landscaping as souvenirs.

"They feel the need to tell us to close our garage, get out of the picture, you know -- tell us what to do on our own property," Quintana said.

That fence should be completed soon, but Quintana said people have already tried to climb around the construction to get a picture.

"We don't want to gate ourselves in," Quintana said. "We're the ones who's being locked up. We did nothing wrong."

3 minute video explaining the story

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/fence-goes-up-around-home-used-in-breaking-bad/4629815/

Frances Padilla had no idea what she was getting herself into when she agreed to let her home of 40 years become the fictional residence of the turbulent White family. On a monthly basis well over 400 cars, filled to the brim with BB fans, pull up to her curb and pile out just to take pictures of themselves wearing dad-sunglasses and black bowler hats.

Why do fanbases always go to the extreme with stuff? It's just sad stuff!

I truly struggle to see how this is fulfilling. This is not the same thing as visiting the Overlook Hotel or the Star Trek TNG set. You're literally annoying someone else just to say "Heh! It's just like the show!"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I believe Bryan Cranston (might have been another actor) had to come out to tell people to stop being assholes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Saul Goodman needs to throw a pizza covered in Szechuan Sauce somewhere, maybe on the White House lawn.

1. Have cop sit outside in car
2. Pizza thrower throws pizza on house
3. Arrested and fined a high fee (not jailed, obviously) for littering and vandalism to private property
4. Put story on news
5. Repeat a few times
6. Eventually it will stop

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did they know what house they bought? If they knew beforehand, you can't conplain.

They owned the house before the shoot, it was rented out for it.

1. Have cop sit outside in car
2. Pizza thrower throws pizza on house
3. Arrested and fined a high fee (not jailed, obviously) for littering and vandalism to private property
4. Put story on news
5. Repeat a few times
6. Eventually it will stop

Cops aren't usually ones for staking out what they'd classify as "harmless pranks".

Previous

check out my new Swatch
People are dicks for stealing stuff and throwing pizzas... but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't go and take a selfie from the road in front of the house if I ever visit Albuquerque.

I can't imagine what will happen to the house if these folks ever decide to sell. I'd hate to be the realtor holding the open house :/

excessive fandom is just something that just utterly escapes me.

People who have nothing better to do with their time except to disturb others'

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Why not sell the house and move?

Wouldnt it sell for much more due to being famous?

She's been living there since '73

Frances Padilla had no idea what she was getting herself into when she agreed to let her home of 40 years become the fictional residence of the turbulent White family. On a monthly basis well over 400 cars, filled to the brim with BB fans, pull up to her curb and pile out just to take pictures of themselves wearing dad-sunglasses and black bowler hats.

Did they know what house they bought? If they knew beforehand, you can't conplain.

Well 1, they owned the house beforehand. 2. So what if they bought the house after the fact? Can't people just not throw pizzas on rooftops? Can't people not freak the fuck out over nugget sauce?

nomis

Can we take the rick and morty assholes and the breaking bad assholes and put them on a rocket into the sun please

They shouldn't have to do it but remodeling the house exterior would hopefully solve the problem.

7qNTrHN.gif

Xe4

Banned
I feel bad for those people. It's a nice house, in a pretty decent neighborhood. I've been around it both before and after Breaking Bad got big. I wouldn't want to move out either, and dickwads are making it difficult for them to live there.

Sad state of affairs.

sfedai0

Banned
People's fanaticism with their favorite shows really boggles the mind. Who the hell would want to go to New Mexico to look at a unremarkable suburban house. They really have too much time on their hands.

I wonder does anything like this happen with the Laura Palmer house in Twin Peaks.

To be fair I don't think there are any shots of it in the old series, just the film and season 3.

BlastCore

Banned
At this point I'd just sell it. Some rich fanboy will buy it for 5 times the asking price.

Ain't worth it dealing with a rabid fanbase.

Top Bottom