• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Owners of "Breaking Bad" house put up a fence to stop pizza throwers

What the hell at those reviews. What do people expect? Smiling faces when you come to bother them at their home. Let's see how you like it if dozens of people come by all day long.

This part stood out to me: "I'm so glad i did not do the guided tour and gave this Bitch a single cent!!!" Wonder if the owners get a cut of that then, but I doubt it.

Also, the people suddenly saying how shitty the house is. Why do you want to visit it then. Just don't. This is embarrassing.

It's also a house where people regularly throw pizzas on the roof. Would you buy that house?

airplane-departing.jpeg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I live a block away. It's fucking ridiculous. The house also sits directly on top of a 3-way stop T intersection. Easily half the time you drive by someone is stopped at the intersection just idling or having people get out to take a picture.

I've even seen a small tour van before. It's pathetic. And only gets worse this time of year. Tons of people come by for Halloween and ask for directions.

The house also has a pretty massive black iron fence around the whole front yard with a no trespassing sign. New younger couple just moved in less than a year ago. Wonder how long they'll last.
Well at least that one is kinda ironic.

Funny how putting up a fence is apparently a big deal in the US, considered being "locked up", even. In most other countries it's just a basic security measure, the default. It must be nice, feeling so safe.

Ramma2

Funny how putting up a fence is apparently a big deal in the US, considered being "locked up", even. In most other countries it's just a basic security measure, the default. It must be nice, feeling so safe.

Home is safe, go to elementary school or college or work or concerts and get shot. It's a trade off.

Zoe

Fences are standard in the back. In the front your doors should be enough security.

I know it's from the show, but who the fuck buys a pizza just to throw it onto someone's roof? What kind of maniac do you need to be?

Also, I think stopping and taking selfies infront of the property should be 100% fine and something the home owners just need to deal with... but people going on their property or being rude to them, throwing pizza and stealing rocks or whatever, obviously not remotely fine.

But yeah, people who stay on the sidewalk or the road or whatever? You can't really expect that not to happen.

Don't throw away pizza though people. Jesus.

I’d charge for that attraction and have pizzas you could buy if you didn’t bring your own. At premium though.
Tiered packages. I could film you as you do it.

guys wait

what if the owners build a chute on the roof so that the pizzas slide down into their kitchen ready to be eaten 😋

free food and no mess left on your property 😸

Holy shit, I had no idea people would be acting so entitled.
Second yelp "review" of their home:

scum of humanity said:
Take a look at what the witch sent me
Scroll down and see.

Holy wicked wench!!! Skip this place and the nasty people who live here.
I'm so glad i did not do the guided tour and gave this Bitch a single cent!!!

So the guided tours are 75 bucks, I looked online for self guided tours and found one I decided to try, first stop, the house.

I was stoked driving there, upon arrival I saw a few other cars in the area that were also taking pictures. I parked my car and saw a few people sitting in the driveway. I began to walk across the street towards the house. I was going to ask if it was OK for me to snap a few photos of the house. I had taken maybe two steps when a lady with nasty red hair and a crackly voice yelled at me "don't come over here, take the picture from across the street!!!" I immediately apologized and explained my intentions were to ask politely if it was ok.... because I'm not an asshole unless provoked.

Well this wench starts yelling at other people not come anywhere near her property or on the (public) street. This lady was so dam rude! I, of course got mad. She had no reason be a bitch. None of the people there were on her property or stepping or touching anything we were all in the public street and she continued to yell at us. I (loudly) told a gal next to me we were fine because it was public property. The lady yelled at me "you better get back godam it" (I was in the middle of the street not even on the sidewalk) the lady's kids were there too, they kept telling her "mom, stop... it's fine" and she kept babbling away.....poor grown ass guys looked embarrassed as all hell. And honestly i was embarrassed for them.

I wonder if she was this much of a bitch when she was getting paid for the use of her house?
Trust me I get it, it's her house. Lots of people probably come by. But I one was noteven on or near the sidewalk. She keeps that shit up she's gonna give herself a heart attack and die.

You can see my pictures how far I was from her house so she had no reason to complain.

I included the link on the bottom for the self guided tour, I'd say skip this place at least until we get an update that this lady has died or moved away. Good luck!!

The only recourse for that poor woman is to sell her house.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
This is a genuine question from an ignorant Brit.

Would it be legal to shoot someone who was trespassing on your property and throwing pizza on the roof in that state?

If so, get a big gun sign...

You're referring to Castle Laws/Stand Your Ground laws. If I remember correctly, for most states they only apply if you feel in danger of a threat to your life from an intruder on your property. I don't know if a hastily-lobbed pizza could be constituted as a threat to your life; unless maybe it had pineapple on it, in which case I'm sure the owner could get off on Justifiable Homicide.

jonezer4

3 minute video explaining the story

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/fence-goes-up-around-home-used-in-breaking-bad/4629815/

Why do fanbases always go to the extreme with stuff? It's just sad stuff!

It's not that "fanbases" go to extremes. 1 out of x people are extreme...ly stupid, selfish, insensitive, etc. The more popular your show attracts, the more extremely stupid people will be in your fanbase, and the more likely it is for infuriating stuff like this to happen.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
It's not that "fanbases" go to extremes. 1 out of x people are extreme...ly stupid, selfish, insensitive, etc. The more popular your show attracts, the more extremely stupid people will be in your fanbase, and the more likely it is for infuriating stuff like this to happen.

This. You can try and make a thing that doesn't appeal to stupid people, but two things will happen:

1. Your thing won't be successful, and
2. Stupid people will still like it anyway

This isn't even new. I was reading the wiki article for Star Wars: A New Hope, and I remember reading that it became so popular that Harrison Ford had half his shirt ripped off by fans when he went to a shop to buy something.

That would honestly get annoying too and then you have the extra fun of feeling like a heel if you aren't all thankful for the pizza they brought.

To be fair they probably drove a long way to that house and I'd be pissed if they had their garage opened and ruined the shot.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
A few thoughts.

This is a decidedly different tone than the anime tourism thread a couple of weeks ago.

Lol Fandom.

Not as many self-righteous Breaking Bad haters proclaiming to boycott the show, as opposed to the Rick and Morty haters. What's the key difference here?

A few thoughts.

This is a decidedly different tone than the anime tourism thread a couple of weeks ago.

Lol Fandom.

Not as many self-righteous Breaking Bad haters proclaiming to boycott the show, as opposed to the Rick and Morty haters. What's the key difference here?
...That Breaking Bad is over and Rick and Morty isn't and will probably have at least several more seasons? Would be pretty silly to boycott something that's already over. (That and the Rick and Morty, if you're referencing what I think you are, directly involved tweets by one of the writers of the show going after a McDonald's employee and calling her a slave and stuff, where this is purely about the behavior of fans, so it would be silly to blame any of the staff of Breaking Bad for this.)

..Or am I missing a /s here or something?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
...That Breaking Bad is over and Rick and Morty isn't and will probably have at least several more seasons? Would be pretty silly to boycott something that's already over. (That and the Rick and Morty, if you're referencing what I think you are, directly involved tweets by one of the writers of the show going after a McDonald's employee and calling her a slave and stuff, where this is purely about the behavior of fans, so it would be silly to blame any of the staff of Breaking Bad for this.)

..Or am I missing a /s here or something?
You can still "be done with a show" even if it isn't airing anymore. As in, stop promoting it, don't buy any future associated merchandise, etc.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Furthermore, the whole I don't like the show cuz the fans suck attitude has been a thing since before season 3 even started, not due to Harmon's misguided (which he has since apologized for) tweet.

To be fair, this attitude is not exclusive to R&M. Other shows experienced this too, like My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. I'm looking too compare/contrast these different situations.

Ah, the good ol' White residence. Being the breaking bad fan I am, I was fortunate to check this place out during my 5-day business trip to Albuquerque.

My suggestion for the best photo op - check this place out during the wee hours of the morning (I'm talking 5-6AM early). Why you ask? Because during "regular" times the homeowners will be awake and sitting outside in chairs, with cars parked in their driveway and their garage door open. Not to mention the amount of car traffic and tourists that occur during this time.

For those that feel adventurous: This place has 24-hour surveillance so respect the owners so Do NOT throw pizza or step in their property. You don't like it when people trash your house, so why should you trash someone else's?

Overall, this place is definitely one of those "must" visit places in Albuquerque if you're a huge breaking bad fan, and I highly recommend it to anyone that visits this beautiful city.

This is just creepy

Vince Gilligan/AMC should work with this family to bulldoze the old house and put up a new one. I wonder if that would end the pizza party.

From the reviews, it seems that some have encountered happy owners while most have encountered cranky owners.

I visited here after breakfast one day with my lady and her pops. We drove by, turned around, and drove back by. Since it was 9:30 AM, I thought to myself... "No way the owners are sitting out this early." Was I wrong? The dude was sitting outside. He wasn't rude to us driving by and looking towards the house, but I also wasn't eager to step out of the car and snap a photo after seeing one of the owners sitting outside that early in the morning.

This is a tough one. On one hand, it's Walter's house. On the other hand, if it's a tossup on what type of owners you're getting, it's not worth it. The guy sitting outside didn't run us off but we also didn't stop for a picture either. They've made a few modifications to the house to make it look different. Pair that with them always having the garage door open and it doesn't even look like the same house at all.

I get it. It's a house and not a museum but I'm curious on why the owners run people off? Were they there before the show started or after the show was over? You're living in a landmark house from television history! Why not embrace it? You could even open up the house for tours and generate revenue from it. Every other part of the city where Breaking Bad filmed has embraced that tv show except for this place. Ok... and maybe the place where Jesse stayed in season 2.

It just doesn't make any sense. Do these people even work?! With all the effort they're putting into keeping people away, you'd think they'd embrace the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.

In short, I'm glad that Walt and Skyler's house is an actual house. That's cool. I hope in the future the owners sell or turn it into a museum that resembles the house from the show. There are plenty of other Breaking Bad places to visit in Albuquerque. This can be skipped.

These yelpers need help

My hubby and I drove by around 9 am on a Saturday. We immediately saw the owner wife and husband camped out on the front lawn with their ginormous Rottweiler and had food and drinks next to them. They also had their garage opened. We felt awkward so we parked across the street to take a picture. We took quite a few pictures and the owner lady screamed "How many freaking pictures do you need?! Geeze!" LOL we laughed and left shortly after. I'm guessing they must be retired or something bc I read they are out there on their lawn every single day all day... like everyone else says, they should just move...

Lady was out front of her dumpy 1970's house complaining about all the BB fans bothering her. I told her to sell her house if she really didn't like all the attention. She said she would rather not have all the tourists from all over the world bother her. THEN,... GO INSIDE and watch TV, knit, or read a book like normal retired people do, Old hag!! Very rude and attention seeker. Go lay out by your pool in the back yard and let people take a picture of your old house. We are Water & Skylar White fans. Not some annoying crabby New Yorker fan. Rude lady!!!

"They should just move"... It's their fucking house.

Don't bother. I'm a very respectful person and so is my girlfriend. My gf and I drove from New York to Phoenix where I got a new job and on the way we decided to stop by cause we both love the show. We pulled up on the opposite side of the road and as soon as i stepped outside the car this old lady put her garage door up and yelled out "youre blocking someones driveway and if youre going to take pictures take it across the street" My cousin who was driving hadnt even had time to put the car in park. Trying to show that we are nice reasonable people i told my cousin to park far away and when i stayed in the middle of the street for my gf to take the picture because I didnt want to rustle any feathers by standing on the public sidewalk. She yells out "its a house, get over it" i didnt say anything. We snapped 1 good pic and 2 bad ones cause i started walking back to the car so they came out blurred. My gf was so upset she told the lady that if she didnt like it she could sell the house to which she replied go to hell. I jumped back in my car and while she mumbled something i told the lady i wish i had a pizza. My gf and i are very soft spoken mannerly people and she didnt have any reason to be upset by respectful visitors. Why live in a landmark house if you dont like the attention really?

I say dont go because they put up gates in front the front door and a red no tresspassing sign in the yard. Im sure they had their problems but the house doesnt look like the show anymore really which is dissapointing

We are super respectful people, super soft mannered, so of course my girlfriend told her if she didn't like us here she should just sell the house and move, we're respectful like that

I just left there and I have to say at 1st she was really rude but as I talked her off the ledge lol she lightened up & was willing to talk to me and told me a few fun stories. I guess I caught her on a good day? anyways it's worth going to see just be polite & keep it moving oh and DON'T block her or anyones driveway!!!! She will shoo you away saying it's just a house! NO LADY IT ISN'T that pissed me off cause she knows it isn't just a house. Ugh so nasty & it's too bad she ruins this cool experience for people.

No it literally is just a house, you are not entitled to an experience, it is her house, she's not ruining your experience, you're ruining her day to day life.

To the owner, if she ever reads this: I get that a lot of visitors come to check out your house, and you're probably bothered because the hype didn't end after the show did, like you thought it would. But it would probably be in your best interest to lighten up, especially since there are people (like myself and my friends) that mean no harm. And I'm sure that your prolonged curtness will probably result in pizzas being tossed randomly onto your roof. Just saying.

Be nice or people will vandalize... just saying.

The amount of sell if if you don't like it, it's not just a house to us "Breaking Bad" fans and she should know that, the amount of she ruined our experience, the amount of she got paid so she should shut up, the amount of it's a shitty house anyway (classicism in regards to something you're dying to see is charming) is fucked up. She probably has to sit out there because if she didn't more people would steal stuff, vandalize, throw pizzas. Her presence probably protects her house.

These fucking people are nuts. That yelp page is unreal

see5harp

I have no respect for anyone who judges a show based on some insignificant percentage of the fanbase instead of judging it on its own merits.

Top Bottom