• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Owners of "Breaking Bad" house put up a fence to stop pizza throwers

Shitty behavior once you know it's actually someone's home . But I am curious they rented it out or filming ? How did that work did they not live there at time ? Moved out during certain days to allow filming ? I'm so confused . Is this sort of thing common ?

It's very common. Rent the house, pay for license rights, pay the owners' hotel stay while shooting. One can get $40,000+ depending on the project.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
People are sooooo soooo SO weird.

There's been reports of people pizza-ing this house for years. Since that episode aired.

It's ONE little scene of a 62 hour show. Why would recreating that be interesting or funny --or worth your time or money! Besides it being illegal harassment and vandalism even.

And like I said, it's sooo common. Like...almost every day someone is like "Dude! I could be the 500th person to throw a pizza on that roof! Sweet!"

And every time it gets reported on it just makes more people want to do it somehow. People are so weird.

I'M PICKLE RICK JAMES BITCH!

CHC

Buy a fake pizza, put it on the roof permanently.

Problem solved.

I'm kidding - I hate "fans."

Madness

They can get nasty. Some even steal rocks from the landscaping as souvenirs.

"They feel the need to tell us to close our garage, get out of the picture, you know -- tell us what to do on our own property," 

jb842SL.jpg

It's probably shithead fans like this who said the owner came out as soon as he had the pizza box open. I would honestly fuck up anyone who stole rocks from the landscaping. Can see why they want a fence up. I am a giant Saul or Breaking Bad fan. I would probably take a picture from across the street if I was ever in that area but never go on some star tour,or enter their property etc. Even then,I would debate why I need the picture. Some people just need to make fandom about themselves.

Kuros

Shitty behavior once you know it's actually someone's home . But I am curious they rented it out or filming ? How did that work did they not live there at time ? Moved out during certain days to allow filming ? I'm so confused . Is this sort of thing common ?

The inside shots were a set. The house doesn't look anything like the internals from Breaking Bad. And the exterior shoots where the house was used will likely have been filmed all in one block where the homeowners will likely have had a really nice free holiday courtesy of AMC along with a very very large rental fee.

jts

...hate me...
The inside shots were a set. The house doesn't look anything like the internals from Breaking Bad. And the exterior shoots where the house was used will likely have been filmed all in one block where the homeowners will likely have had a really nice free holiday courtesy of AMC along with a very very large rental fee.
You mean one block for the whole show? No way, with how much the characters and their appearances changed throughout the years and seasons, and wasn’t the writing continuous as well?

I could see one block per season/year.

Know a "friend" on FB who went to one of the Back to the Future homes to take pictures, and was posting how rude the owners were to him as he was trying to take photos of their house and with his memorabilia selfies. I was like, you are a jerk, respect the home owners property and wishes.

Fuchsdh

Speaking of shitty fandoms...

Sad to hear that this is still occurring with the show in the rear view mirror for them.

Kuros

You mean one block for the whole show? No way, with how much the characters and their appearances changed throughout the years and seasons, and wasn’t the writing continuous as well?

I could see one block per season/year.

One block a season obviously :)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Put up a giant sign on the lawn to ruin every shot.

"I'm a loser who drives out of the way to take a picture of the house from a TV show. I'm so pathetic! I need a life"

MUnited83

For you.
People are crazy. I think there's a house that was featured on a show from like the 70s or 80s that still gets a bunch load of people every month.

smisk

Lol, I was just in ABQ this weekend. My cousins drove past WW's house and mentioned there being a sign up saying they had cameras.

Talk to the people who own the Amityville house. They even remodelled it, but the fans keep coming decades later.

coDLGDd.jpg

Same thing happened to the goonies house and the one from mrs.doubtfire.
No matter what they do the fans keep coming and eventually the owners simply move but the fans keep coming.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Talk to the people who own the Amityville house. They even remodelled it, but the fans keep coming decades later.

coDLGDd.jpg

I live a block away. It's fucking ridiculous. The house also sits directly on top of a 3-way stop T intersection. Easily half the time you drive by someone is stopped at the intersection just idling or having people get out to take a picture.

I've even seen a small tour van before. It's pathetic. And only gets worse this time of year. Tons of people come by for Halloween and ask for directions.

The house also has a pretty massive black iron fence around the whole front yard with a no trespassing sign. New younger couple just moved in less than a year ago. Wonder how long they'll last.

Plum

Same thing happened to the goonies house and the one from mrs.doubtfire.
No matter what they do the fans keep coming and eventually the owners simply move but the fans keep coming.

I can't imagine the frustration one must have if they live, or have to drive through, Abbey Road. Having to stop so people can break every convention of road safety to take a shitty picture of themselves walking across a road must suck quite badly.

I'm sure some neighbors who were pissed about production vehicles being on their street for years are now like "Well, serves em right!" Otherwise the neighbors could probably get together to help them out and just accost fans driving up and down the street. If this happened in my neighborhood I'd intentionally ruin people's photos, like by constantly walking my dog in front of the house wearing weird costumes or something.

Just gotta do something odd.

Paint "Jesus Saves" on the roof
Giant yard sign for "VOTE TRUMP 2024!"
Paint a giant picture of E.T. on your garage doors.
Cover the garage door in reflective aluminium foil and point a large flood light at it at all times to ruin photos with over exposure
Have a naked cardboard cutout of yourself standing in the window
Park a giant RV in the driveway

If it were me, I'd try to keep monetizing the hell out of it. Try to get licenses from the city every weekend to park food trucks in my driveway, or make hot dogs and hamburgers. Setup a farm stand or dog petting zoo. Host a charity wrestling event.

I'd imagine throwing pizza at the house is some form of illegal dumping, so if they attached cameras to the property and recorded the license plates of anybody who throws pizza, they might be able to fight back if the town followed up. Have the city council pass a law that throwing pizza in that city comes with a $100,000 fine.

"They feel the need to tell us to close our garage, get out of the picture, you know -- tell us what to do on our own property," Quintana said.

Are you serious? How do people think this is ok? I would absolutely go off on someone if they tried telling that to me if I lived there.

Dingens

I mean... owning such a famous house I'm sure they could've sold it for quite a lot above what it's actually worst... probably

[...]
Why do fanbases always go to the extreme with stuff? It's just sad stuff!

reading on gaf gave me the impression that fans in the US are more extreme than anywhere else. I wonder if that's just me or if there's something to it.
Maybe it's because they lack the football (soccer) culture other countries have which usually absorb the most crazy individuals?

Why don't they just install a pressure-sensitive trap door that releases the pizza down a chute to their kitchen?

Boom, unlimited free pizza.

What is it about stupid, obnoxious fans of media that make them do these things? This along with the Rick & Morty fans causing commotion over a fucking McDonalds dipping sauce. What goes through your head that you convince yourself this is acceptable?

zeemumu

Throw that pizza filled with Szechuan-laced needles onto the roof of a house in Burkitsville to force the homeowner off of social media for not favoring your ship of Shrek and Shadow...Hodor.

What is it about stupid, obnoxious fans of media that make them do these things? This along with the Rick & Morty fans causing commotion over a fucking McDonalds dipping sauce. What goes through your head that you convince yourself this is acceptable?
Commitment to the gag to a degree that is affecting others' lives negatively.

There's saying a funny line, then there's chastising other fans for not being as into it as you, then there's physically re-enacting shit, then theres death threats, then theres aggressively stalking members of the cast dye to an inability to distinguish the actor/actress from their character

Top Bottom