• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Owners of "Breaking Bad" house put up a fence to stop pizza throwers

I truly struggle to see how this is fulfilling. This is not the same thing as visiting the Overlook Hotel or the Star Trek TNG set. You're literally annoying someone else just to say "Heh! It's just like the show!"

On our honeymoon in Australia earlier this year, my wife and I visited this place...

2016-07-15_1502.jpg

One of the most fun days of the whole trip - although no one has any idea what it is!

I'd never in a million years go to someone's house though.

Shahadan

They should paint it another color and slightly alter the appearance to make taking a picture meaningless.

Or people can be less shitty

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This was happening back in the 70s, when the people who owned the Mary Tyler Moore house had to basically turn the hose on tourists. lol

Alx

Would the fans still come if he made some cosmetic changes to the house ? Add some windows, paint it a different colour (if it's allowed... seems like all the houses in the neighbourhood look the same). It would be better than a fence I guess.

Compsiox

Banned
V
Would the fans still come if he made some cosmetic changes to the house ? Add some windows, paint it a different colour (if it's allowed... seems like all the houses in the neighbourhood look the same). It would be better than a fence I guess.

All they need now is a moat.

Think about how many millions of people watched Breaking Bad. Take the craziest, most obsessive 0.1% of that. It's thousands of people. Add in the assorted dumbasses who don't know any better and it must be unbearable.

jts

...hate me...
Sic some vicious dogs on those visitors. Especially on people asking to close the garage and get out of the picture. Fucking hell.

Maengun1

People are sooooo soooo SO weird.

There's been reports of people pizza-ing this house for years. Since that episode aired.

It's ONE little scene of a 62 hour show. Why would recreating that be interesting or funny --or worth your time or money! Besides it being illegal harassment and vandalism even.

And like I said, it's sooo common. Like...almost every day someone is like "Dude! I could be the 500th person to throw a pizza on that roof! Sweet!"

And every time it gets reported on it just makes more people want to do it somehow. People are so weird.

There's been reports of people pizza-ing this house for years. Since that episode aired.

It's ONE little scene of a 62 hour show. Why would recreating that be interesting or funny --or worth your time or money! Besides it being illegal harassment and vandalism even.

And like I said, it's sooo common. Like...almost every day someone is like "Dude! I could be the 500th person to throw a pizza on that roof! Sweet!"

And every time it gets reported on it just makes more people want to do it somehow. People are so weird.

Fandom makes some people wacked out.

People really can be selfish idiots.

On our honeymoon in Australia earlier this year, my wife and I visited this place...

2016-07-15_1502.jpg

One of the most fun days of the whole trip - although no one has any idea what it is!

I'd never in a million years go to someone's house though.
That's great! What is that building now? At the time of filming the show I thought it was part of the TV studios or am I wrong?

cyba89

I guess the owners are lucky people chose that scene to recreate and not the one where Jesse wants to burn the house. :p

This is a genuine question from an ignorant Brit.

Would it be legal to shoot someone who was trespassing on your property and throwing pizza on the roof in that state?

If so, get a big gun sign...

Savitar

How many damn pizza's have they had to scrap off by now, must be insane. And to be told to get out of the way on your own property?! Those fans are assholes.

Drazgul

That's nothing compared to the headaches of this cantina's owner when the place gets blown up regularly.

NfKH0aR.png

The window replacements alone cost a fortune!

airjoca

Turn the house into a Breaking Bad museum, advertise it everywhere, charge for tickets, use that extra cash to buy a new and better house.

Ishan

Shitty behavior once you know it's actually someone's home . But I am curious they rented it out or filming ? How did that work did they not live there at time ? Moved out during certain days to allow filming ? I'm so confused . Is this sort of thing common ?

Izuna

Banned
Shitty behavior once you know it's actually someone's home . But I am curious they rented it out or filming ? How did that work did they not live there at time ? Moved out during certain days to allow filming ? I'm so confused . Is this sort of thing common ?

The outside of the house isn't the set you see inside. Usually anyway.

I truly struggle to see how this is fulfilling. This is not the same thing as visiting the Overlook Hotel or the Star Trek TNG set. You're literally annoying someone else just to say "Heh! It's just like the show!"
It's the same thing at the Walking Dead Alexandria set. All those houses are real with people living there.

Carl

The pizza throwers are fucking idiots but I don't see a problem with people taking pictures outside the house.

Top Bottom