• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yard Sale / Thrift Store Finds Thread

Downhome

Why the hell was that shirt worth $400?

The vintage brand and artwork, and the fact that they are highly desired by some sort of Taiwanese sub-culture. The vast majority of them go to Taiwan or to someone from there that lives in the US.

Search "3D Emblem t-shirt" on eBay then sort high to low.

Some of them go for thousands.

Some great finds in June/July

$10 for the Nintendo 3DS Xl

9R3ZtHt.jpg

$15 for the GBA SP with Pokemon Blue

19894553_10209628800225843_4840101693094574154_n.jpg

$5 for this Gamecube lot. Not pictured: Super Mario Strikers, Gamecube Gameboy Player disc. A half hour after this find I got a Gamecube System (Pokemon XD version) with 4 controllers including the Wavebird for $10.

9lgyjeZ.jpg

Olengie

My favorite local Mom and Pop Thrift is closing forever early September. Incredibly sad to hear that since it was honestly one of the best places for deals in my area. The other Thrift Store I liked moved and became a Vintage Boutique, a shadow of its former self. ><

They could be moving but I doubt it.

Xtyle

Didn't realize this thread existed.
Would love to hear your treasure finding stories. I myself haven't done any thrift shopping yet but I am tempted to do it (for large potential return).

image.php
[/url][/IMG]

Got this mechanical gaming keyboard for $4 from Goodwill while they were selling several generic keyboards for $8.

Got a pile of Blu rays at the local Vinnes a couple of days ago. All $1 each, Rome Season 1, Attack the Block, Walter Mitty, Two Towers, Gatsby and a couple of others, all in perfect shape.

Olengie

Picked up Shenmue II for a $1 at a local Thrift Store by my local library. They dont get games a lot whenever I stop by but I was surprised to see this one just sitting there

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Threads like this have made me visit a few Good Wills and I've yet to see anything halfway decent. It's always just clothes and old shitty books.

Downhome

Yeah a lot of vintage tees were at best 50/50 or even 80/20. 100% cotton came later.

Yeah, easy tell to help confirm if a shirt is true vintage or not. Even more so is the tri-blend, like is one of the tags I just posted. It's much harder to find those though. I haven't found too terribly many of them.

badrang

Threads like this have made me visit a few Good Wills and I've yet to see anything halfway decent. It's always just clothes and old shitty books.

I went to my local goodwill, and the only thing of note were the 20 copies of Titanic for vhs lol.

First time I've found current gen games in a while. $25 total!!!

Not too many yard sales left, but I'm still able to find a few good deals

dfDsAvm.jpg

Another Facebook purchase. $85. GC, 4 controllers, 8 games, memory card. Disc in black case is Luigi's Mansion.

4v5DuUO.jpg

Last edited:

cruets

slim pickings from yard sales yesterday. picked up a unopened box of fleer 1989 baseball cards. lets see if i can get a rookie griffey or billy ripkin fuck face card

Last edited:
Top Bottom