• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Toki767

That seems fair. Nightcrawler play any better than Daredevil? (ugh)

Nightcrawler is amazing.

Got through his cosmic trial with ease because he has like 5 or 6 moves that can do 100% critical hits and he's invisible the majority of the time.

He is a slow start though as he spends a lot of resources before he gets to like level 40.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Nightcrawler is amazing.

Got through his cosmic trial with ease because he has like 5 or 6 moves that can do 100% critical hits and he's invisible the majority of the time.

He is a slow start though as he spends a lot of resources before he gets to like level 40.

Sounds good to me. And he can teleport - played Deadpool, Scarlet Witch and finally Doom on PC so I'm spoiled on the travel power.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm a VIP apparently, but can't remember spending any money?

I think I bought War Machine? Nice to get given NC and 5 splinters a day, still feel like the game is super barebones and the costumes behind lootboxes is total bullshit

Toki767

I'm a VIP apparently, but can't remember spending any money?

I think I bought War Machine? Nice to get given NC and 5 splinters a day, still feel like the game is super barebones and the costumes behind lootboxes is total bullshit

War Machine was a exclusive to a founder's pack so yeah, if you have him, you bought him.

I'm feeling really burned by the RNG loot box system, yesterday I hit level 60 with another character and I dreaded opening it, knowing full well it would be crappy returns, which it was. I want to play your game Bazillion, I was happy to give you money but after getting jack shit from $20, I can't justify any more, so now to get the character that I want, I'm rushing through the game trying to hit level 60 with all the cheap character in the hopes that I'll get enough marvellous essence to purchase Gwen.

I worked it out last week, Spider-Gwen was $15 on the old system, between unlocked/$20 worth of loot boxes, I believe I'd opened about 15, if I don't want to spend another penny and I continue to have terrible luck, I'd have to hit level 60 with fourteen more characters to have 140 marvellous essence. As evidenced by every other person unlocking her on this page, if you have average luck, I'm sure the system is fine but if you have bad luck, it completely fucks you over.

I'm feeling really burned by the RNG loot box system, yesterday I hit level 60 with another character and I dreaded opening it, knowing full well it would be crappy returns, which it was. I want to play your game Bazillion, I was happy to give you money but after getting jack shit from $20, I can't justify any more, so now to get the character that I want, I'm rushing through the game trying to hit level 60 with all the cheap character in the hopes that I'll get enough marvellous essence to purchase Gwen.

I worked it out last week, Spider-Gwen was $15 on the old system, between unlocked/$20 worth of loot boxes, I believe I'd opened about 15, if I don't want to spend another penny and I continue to have terrible luck, I'd have to hit level 60 with fourteen more characters to have 140 marvellous essence. As evidenced by every other person unlocking her on this page, if you have average luck, I'm sure the system is fine but if you have bad luck, it completely fucks you over.

I was going to warn you that you only had until tomorrow to get Spider-Gwen, because they were taking her costume out of the lootbox rotation and store, but I guess they've extended it for some unknown amount of time.

Is Spider-Gwen gonna be buyable by any method at some point soon?

Like with the Ms Marvel costume, not a fan of stuff being basically impossible to get. RNG is bad enough.

Toki767

Like with the Ms Marvel costume, not a fan of stuff being basically impossible to get. RNG is bad enough.

Only with essence it seems.

I'm curious why they haven't rotated out any costumes. They said they were going to do that every so often but it's been a while now.

I was lucky enough that I had a couple loot boxes give the 25 and 40 essence payouts when I opened them so I bought Gwen right away.

Sitting on like 250 essence now. I only really want the Ms Marvel costume and maybe the Dark Phoenix Jean skin.

Toki767

Any other ways? Want to spend as little money as possible

You also get a loot box on your first character that hits like level 5, 12, 20, and 35 I think.

Basically your first character can earn 5 loot boxes. Every character after that only gets 1 at level 60.

No other current ways to get loot boxes for free, but they are supposedly going to add more ways in the future (with the most obvious method being prestiging I imagine).

Lashley

You also get a loot box on your first character that hits like level 5, 12, 20, and 35 I think.

Basically your first character can earn 5 loot boxes. Every character after that only gets 1 at level 60.

No other current ways to get loot boxes for free, but they are supposedly going to add more ways in the future (with the most obvious method being prestiging I imagine).

Not too bad then

Why is helm of the all father only 25 marks while all the other ones are 300 marks? Does it suck?
Also, what's the best legendary for Spider-Man? The choices are overwhelming.

Why is helm of the all father only 25 marks while all the other ones are 300 marks? Does it suck?
Also, what's the best legendary for Spider-Man? The choices are overwhelming.

I use the axe if Ares. I also have my spiderman using the jumping spider build. Your choice of legendary usually depends on your build. Nothing wrong with the shield either

Menome

I've just stopped playing because of it. I was willing to continually buy costumes over time for characters, and had a couple of thousand G ready, but this switch to loot-box bollocks killed my enthusiasm.

Lashley

I've just stopped playing because of it. I was willing to continually buy costumes over time for characters, and had a couple of thousand G ready, but this switch to loot-box bollocks killed my enthusiasm.
Yep it's pure greed. It isn't like this on PC, but obviously the success of loot boxes in the likes of Overwatch has turned their greedy heads.

Gaz has slowly turned to shit since Brevik left.

Yep it's pure greed. It isn't like this on PC, but obviously the success of loot boxes in the likes of Overwatch has turned their greedy heads.

They're adapting it for the PC. They're not retroactively changing anything, but all the new Spider-Man costumes were locked behind fortune cards.

With the way the game/Gazillion is structured now, they basically have to farm whales to keep the game afloat. Not that I'm defending it; you can see a long trail of bad decisions that brought them to this point.

I bought 500G for the VIP benefits, but it'll be the last I spend, won't gamble on RNG boxes and the pricing on things is a joke. 140 Essence for Spider Gwen, Essence only from loot boxes, the last one I opened gave me 3 Essence.

It's like a rough Ultimate Alliance, except that gave you dozens of characters and Alts for £40, while this wants £15 for a single character and 1 costume, or at the current rate for non buyable ones about 40 loot boxes, roughly £60. For a costume.

Maybe I should just buy the UA remasters.

SirKhalid

I read that the PC was a failure economically for Gaz. I am not really surprise by these changes.

Finally bought Spider-Man. Now I'm scared to death on picking a legendary. I don't want to get a wrong one. These things take time to get.

Toki767

Finally bought Spider-Man. Now I'm scared to death on picking a legendary. I don't want to get a wrong one. These things take time to get.

I use the Winged Sandals myself.

Got through cosmic trial fairly easily.

I know a lot of people like using either the Axe or Shield though.

If anyone was thinking about getting some costumes from Spider-Man loot box now it's the time. The box will be gone soon and the costumes from Marvelous Essence vendor along with it.

On August 1 (Dated has changed, confirmations coming soon), the Spider-Man Loot Box will be swapped out for the new Loot Box. Costumes from the Spider-Man Loot Box will also be swapped out with the costumes contained from the new Loot Box on Moondragon in August.
The costumes that will be replaced are...
Spider-Man - Starktech Suit
Spider-Man - Homemade (Hood Up)
Spider-Man - Homemade (Hood Down)
Spider-Man - Back in Black
Spider-Man - Spider-Gwen
Spider-Man - Spider-Man Amazing Costume
Iron Man - Mark 47

If anyone was thinking about getting some costumes from Spider-Man loot box now it's the time. The box will be gone soon and the costumes from Marvelous Essence vendor along with it.
Fuck Gaz, ain't gambling. Just make me drop the game sooner and not recommend it if they block access to stuff.

Fuck Gaz, ain't gambling. Just make me drop the game sooner and not recommend it if they block access to stuff.

They won't, it will be back at some point, maybe in a few months or more, once they're done with other loot boxes. They will rotate costumes in the Marvelous loot box that will always be available but they will also have themed loot boxes like Spider-Man, that will be available for a period of time. While the box is available the costumes will be available to buy from Marvelous Essence Vendor so there is a time to get them either through luck with boxes or MEV.

It's so easy to get characters in this game for free that I don't mind throwing some cash to get loot boxes. They have to make some money after all.

Samus4145

Are the boxes retroactive, because I surely didn't find any in my account for my level 20 character.

They won't, it will be back at some point, maybe in a few months or more, once they're done with other loot boxes. They will rotate costumes in the Marvelous loot box that will always be available but they will also have themed loot boxes like Spider-Man, that will be available for a period of time. While the box is available the costumes will be available to buy from Marvelous Essence Vendor so there is a time to get them either through luck with boxes or MEV.

It's so easy to get characters in this game for free that I don't mind throwing some cash to get loot boxes. They have to make some money after all.

Marvelous Essence comes from the gambling boxes, so it not like it any different, and if you look a few posts up at the rate I've been getting it I would need about £60 worth of boxes. All to get one costume.

Gaz are whale hunting and the game is shittier as a result.

And wait months? Screw that, deny access now and I won't be playing then or ever again.

When they made the announcement about the boxes being added I went from someone who was playing every day got 3 characters to 60 in the 1st 4 days of open beta to not playing and not having it installed. I pretty much stopped posting on the forums and just hate thinking about this game. I bought ALL the founders packs, all of them before the changes and felt beyond burned. I loved the game on PC, but on console I thought it would be perfect. They said "Oh it will be fine there will be more ways to earn boxes!" and as far as I know they still haven't.

Lashley

Costumes aren't everything. Some of you are being overly dramatic about it.

Hardly. It's a shitty business practice, made even more shitty by the fact you can, or could, just buy the costume you wanted on PC. Not this loot box bullshit.

Hardly. It's a shitty business practice, made even more shitty by the fact you can, or could, just buy the costume you wanted on PC. Not this loot box bullshit.

This...exactly this! It has less to do about the costumes and more about them not giving a damn about what we think as a consumer AND changing the complete monetization model of the game midstream. Now you can't even buy the new characters with G, you have to wait 30 days to even buy with the premium currency you already paid real cash for. You have to buy them with cash cash.

Is the pc version really that different than the PS4 version? I've never actually looked into it.

Now its very different. The skills have different tags on PC (it's like Diablo 3 where you are trying to stack +explosion +claw) and as stated the monetization is totally different. PC you buy G and you use that to buy heroes and costumes. On console all costumes from from loot boxes (now, that changed after the game entered open beta) heroes can be bought with G unless they are new then you have to wait 30 days OR buy it with cash cash (not g cash, but actual cash)

This...exactly this! It has less to do about the costumes and more about them not giving a damn about what we think as a consumer AND changing the complete monetization model of the game midstream. Now you can't even buy the new characters with G, you have to wait 30 days to even buy with the premium currency you already paid real cash for. You have to buy them with cash cash.

If you think MHO is bad try Neverwinter, then you will know what really bad means.

Costumes don't have real gameplay benefits, no stats etc. It's a simple way to get money from the players that are willing to gamble for them. I know people don't like loot boxes but you can buy a lot of stuff without ever getting boxes. Boosters, storage space, ultimate upgrades, you can buy all that without getting a single box. Costumes don't make or break this game, you can play all of it without getting them.

I played a lot of F2P games, and MHO isn't really that bad compared to other games. I know simple $10 per costume would be much better option but then, it's one time buy per costume, so it won't make them as much money as boxes.

As I said, all for people that want to spend money. I'm not sure what the drop rate are for costumes, but I bought 50 boxes and got like 15 costumes, way over 1K Marvelous Essence and bunch of boosters. I bought a lot more costumes for ME and got to use the boosters and ultimate upgrades. If I bought all of that separately and pay $10 per costume I would have to spend over $300 if not more and I spent only $100. I don't know, maybe I got super lucky but at the end it was a good deal for me. I don't mind spending money on games I like so what do I know.

If you think MHO is bad try Neverwinter, then you will know what really bad means.

Costumes don't have real gameplay benefits, no stats etc. It's a simple way to get money from the players that are willing to gamble for them. I know people don't like loot boxes but you can buy a lot of stuff without ever getting boxes. Boosters, storage space, ultimate upgrades, you can buy all that without getting a single box. Costumes don't make or break this game, you can play all of it without getting them.

I played a lot of F2P games, and MHO isn't really that bad compared to other games. I know simple $10 per costume would be much better option but then, it's one time buy per costume, so it won't make them as much money as boxes.

As I said, all for people that want to spend money. I'm not sure what the drop rate are for costumes, but I bought 50 boxes and got like 15 costumes, way over 1K Marvelous Essence and bunch of boosters. I bought a lot more costumes for ME and got to use the boosters and ultimate upgrades. If I bought all of that separately and pay $10 per costume I would have to spend over $300 if not more and I spent only $100. I don't know, maybe I got super lucky but at the end it was a good deal for me. I don't mind spending money on games I like so what do I know.

comparing a soggy shit sandwich to a shit sandwich and saying one is better than the other is a losing battle. I clearly didn't mind spending money on this game. I dropped 140 bucks on the console version before it even went into beta. But when they changed everything midstream that's a show of bad faith. That's my trouble

Costumes aren't everything. Some of you are being overly dramatic about it.

There isn't really much else to the game, you play a character you like in a costume you like, is no real end game, just grinding for better stuff so you can grind even more stuff faster.

I played it for months, what sucked about that was time gating progress and the awful matchmaking for raids causing them to fail the moment healer or tank left.

Nothing like MHO problems. Sucked for different reasons.

Well, I think after leveling up 5 heroes I've reached the point where I'm questioning what the point is. To get a new character I'd have to farm quite a few essences.

I didn't even attempt the cosmic trial but I'm assuming that's the last thing to do in the game. I'm not even sure what prestige is.

Well, I think after leveling up 5 heroes I've reached the point where I'm questioning what the point is. To get a new character I'd have to farm quite a few essences.

I didn't even attempt the cosmic trial but I'm assuming that's the last thing to do in the game. I'm not even sure what prestige is.

Prestige resets a character to level 1. The point of doing it to get a coloured name.

Top Bottom