• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Toki767

Well got my Spider-Gwen costume from essence from 8 free loot boxes so far. I've also gotten the Squirrel Girl costume and Captain America costume.
DDmJrf_UQAIfOYE.jpg

SirKhalid

So I just spent 5$.I said I would not spent anything but this is a pretty good deal. I am curious to see if they are going to have multiple VIP tier like mobile games.

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.co...account-status-for-playstation-4-and-xbox-one

Greetings everyone,

Announcing VIP Account Status, a permanent account upgrade for Marvel Heroes Omega on
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This new feature is planned to release with our next update.

So how do you gain VIP Account Status? It's simple!

Purchase any Marvel Heroes Omega pack through the PSN Store and/or Xbox Marketplace.
Purchase any amount of Gs through the PSN Store, Xbox Marketplace, or in-game store on either platform
Once you have done either of the above, your account will automatically be upgraded to VIP Account Status. Also, if you have completed either of the above prior to our next patch, your account will be automatically upgraded to VIP Account Status upon the release of the patch.

VIP Account Status benefits include:

Nightcrawler playable Hero unlocked (VIP timed exclusive)
Permanent +5% Bonus Experience
Permanent +5% Bonus Credits
Receive a Marvelous Loot Box as a free one-time bonus
10 extra storage slots
5 Eternity Splinters every day you log in

I just downloaded this yesterday and it looks like a lot of fun. Even tho it's free to play it's not as bad as Neverwinter is when it comes to milking players, I like it so far. I got The Avengers pack and use the G to get more inventory space and it looks like there isn't much more I need to buy to get by.

Superkewl

Gold Member
So I just spent 5$.I said I would not spent anything but this is a pretty good deal. I am curious to see if they are going to have multiple VIP tier like mobile games.

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.co...account-status-for-playstation-4-and-xbox-one

I already uninstalled this as I was not crazy about the omission of the random hero token for 200 splinters the PC version used to have. The march to 500-750 splinters is such a slog, however I did purchase Captain America, so may reinstall to try out Nightcrawler, as I did enjoy him on the PC side back in the day.

Tobor

What does VIP timed exclusive for Nightcrawler mean? Do we lose access at some point?

EDIT: looking at the forums, it means we get him first, then regular players can get him after the exclusive period is over.

So yay! Free character! And Nightcrawler is one of my favorites.

KaYotiX

Banned
Dropped $ on Deadpool and he is pretty fun to play as. Game is alot of fun and easy to just drop in and play for 30-45 mins at a time.

My 4yr old son is enjoying it also and is catching on to the mechanics of the game. May buy Wolverine or Cyclops next.

Spent $5 so I could get VIP status.
Then I spent the coins on a Spider-Man box and got Spider-Gwen and I spent the rest of the coins on getting 50 more inventory spaces.
Now to actually unlock Spider-Man.

Overall I'm satisfied though.

You should be over the moon with those rewards, I spent $20 on Spider-Man loot boxes with the sole intention to unlock her and the best I got was 25 Marvellous Essence which still puts me way out the ballpark to be able to afford her.

Yeah, it's the costume I wanted the most.
This is actually the first time I've ever spent money on a f2p game. I've always been against it, but I've had a lot of fun with this one.

So I already leveled a character to 60, do I keep playing with him or do I level up another character?
The only thing I'm chasing are eternal splinters so I can unlock Spider-Man. So whatever gets me those the fastest.

zorbsie

Is there an Xbox One GAF club for this game? Would like to play this with others. Found a danger room that had "rich enemies" yesterday. Gained 230k coins out of mission. Not bad at all. If anyone wants to join up and do some coop stuff let me know.

So I already leveled a character to 60, do I keep playing with him or do I level up another character?
The only thing I'm chasing are eternal splinters so I can unlock Spider-Man. So whatever gets me those the fastest.

Splinters drop at the same rate regardless of the content you're playing, so long as you're engaging with enemies etc (they don't drop if you're idling in a hub, for example).

Been waiting ages for it to appear on the Australian Xbox store. They even had pics of it under the Free Games tab but the pics are now gone...and the game is still nowhere to be seen :(

eastx

Been waiting ages for it to appear on the Australian Xbox store. They even had pics of it under the Free Games tab but the pics are now gone...and the game is still nowhere to be seen :(

So just change your console's region and download it already. That five minutes of effort is surely a lot better than waiting around unfulfilled.

sense

Spent $10 to open a few Spider-Man loot boxes and get the vip memebership as well. Wanted to get the spider gwen costume and got that on my final loot box so I am happy. Gameplay is average so don't plan on spending anymore but might jump in from time to time to play a few missions.

D i Z

Just started playing this about three weeks ago. My only regret was blowing 20 bucks on loot boxes instead of purchasing a few characters that I want.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah, it's the costume I wanted the most.
This is actually the first time I've ever spent money on a f2p game. I've always been against it, but I've had a lot of fun with this one.

The pc version was the first f2p game I spent money on as well. I had the same reasoning for doing so. I felt a bit guilty for playing it for so long, and enjoying it so much that paying for something that would make my time in it easier (storage stashes) would be worth, even if it was only to support the game.

Ploid 3.0

Just started playing this about three weeks ago. My only regret was blowing 20 bucks on loot boxes instead of purchasing a few characters that I want.

Can you just straight up buy storage space in this version? I wouldn't touch that loot box stuff. It sounds like too much of a gamble. On PC the loot boxes are probably comparable to their fortune cards, and those are garbage for getting the good stuff.

D i Z

Can you just straight up buy storage space in this version? I wouldn't touch that loot box stuff. It sounds like too much of a gamble. On PC the loot boxes are probably comparable to their fortune cards, and those are garbage for getting the good stuff.

Yeah you can buy storage and inventory space. I wouldn't bother with Inventory unless you really can't stand dropping stuff off or unloading at vendors frequently. I was happy enough with storage as my first purchase with a couple of characters. My second, more storage and some loot boxes left me feeling shafted. Won't be buying boxes ever again.

That heroic trial is kind of hard. What am I supppsed to do to be able to beat it?
I'm already level 60 so I've been doing legendary missions, but all I can get is level 60 gear and obviously I can't level up anymore. I make no progress besides an infinity point or 2. How am I supposed to get stronger and beat the heroic trial now?

To be honest, all the vendors and currency is also a mystery to me. I have about $400,000 and have no idea what I'm supposed to spend it on.

Man I'm so stupid, I wanted to unbound my legendary piece from Captain America and give it to Hawkeye but I did not know it will reset all the level on it and It was almost max level. Fuck, now I have to start all over again with it :(

That heroic trial is kind of hard. What am I supppsed to do to be able to beat it?
I'm already level 60 so I've been doing legendary missions, but all I can get is level 60 gear and obviously I can't level up anymore. I make no progress besides an infinity point or 2. How am I supposed to get stronger and beat the heroic trial now?

To be honest, all the vendors and currency is also a mystery to me. I have about $400,000 and have no idea what I'm supposed to spend it on.

Save the money, you gonna need a lot of it. I just spent 10mil just to reroll one artifact lol

For now, do the operations on Normal and get the best gear you can on that difficulty level, you will get some artifacts along the way too. Farm Legendary Marks and get yourself a legendary piece and work on Relics as well, those will drop in operations a lot. Upgrade your vendors to max level as you gonna need that later on.

When your gear is good enough you can go beat heroic trial and then farm operations on heroic difficulty to get the best heroic gear and do super heroic trail and so on till you can beat cosmic trial. Those trial are not that hard and you don't even need a super gear to beat them.

As far as currencies go:

G is something you buy with real money and you can spend it on characters, boosters, loot boxes, storage, anything from the game store.
Eternity Splinters drops from enemies, loot boxes, Shield Supply boxes and you are also given 5 each day if you're vip. You spend those to buy characters without spending real money or to level up your ultimate powers.
Credits is just a standard currency in the game that you use to buy crafting materials with, reroll the artifacts, items etc, It's used by the vendors in the game.
Marvelous Essence drops only from the loot boxes and it's used to buy costumes and boosters from the Marvelous Essence Vendor
Legendary Marks you get from legendary missions and they also drop from the bosses if you use currency boosters. Marks are use to buy Legendary items and installation kits that you use to upgrade your gear.
Time Lost Relic is used to get stuff from the Relic vendor. You get one Time Lost relic each time you trade 100relic of the same kind with her. you can save 5 of them and get the complete relic of your choice.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I don't know a lot myself as I've been playing the game for only few days but will try to help with whatever I can.

Just Heroic? It's doable very low level with some heroes, by 60 you should have no trouble. Try different power set, use summons if you got them. Lot of staying out of line of sight helps while summons kill.

Just Heroic? It's doable very low level with some heroes, by 60 you should have no trouble. Try different power set, use summons if you got them. Lot of staying out of line of sight helps while summons kill.

Never mind, I just beat it. I hadn't tried it besides that first time with Starlord.
But I beat it easily with Daredevil. I got some heroic and cosmic gear.
I wonder why it never dropped for Starlord.

How do you get the Cap Marvel classic costume?

It not for sale for G's, not in any loot box, not in the Essence vendor.

Only way it seems is the Avengers bungle for 5000G, which gets you a bunch of characters and their costumes.

I just want the Ms Marvel classic so not spending money on that bundle.

There is something I am missing, right?

How do you get the Cap Marvel classic costume?

It not for sale for G's, not in any loot box, not in the Essence vendor.

Only way it seems is the Avengers bungle for 5000G, which gets you a bunch of characters and their costumes.

I just want the Ms Marvel classic so not spending money on that bundle.

There is something I am missing, right?

For now the only way to get it, is to buy The Avengers launch Bundle, no other way. Maybe they will make the costume available at the Marvelous Essence Vendor in a future. I want black Captain America costume but there is no way to get it, like at all, not even a bundle with the costume.

Why are Medallions so much different stat wise versus PC version? Gear on PC is so much better, they can equip 4 artifacts and bunch of extra stuff. We don't have any of that . Even synergies are different. It's almost like they don't want people to be too powerful.

For now the only way to get it, is to buy The Avengers launch Bundle, no other way. Maybe they will make the costume available at the Marvelous Essence Vendor in a future. I want black Captain America costume but there is no way to get it, like at all, not even a bundle with the costume.
Very odd, why block content?

Just started a second character. Do they really make you share character inventories? That is ridiculous.

Top Bottom