• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Now my first hero hit 60 and am going to start attempting the cosmic trial, I'm not sure what else I should be doing.

What's 'the grind' I should be going for to get better gear? The guides I googled for pc were almost unintelligible.

Basically you want to kill bosses in terminals and patrol zones (I guess Midtown is the only patrol on console?) on the highest difficulty you can. I'm an old pc player, and I suspect that any specific advice I give you will be out of date on console.

Is it possible to get alt costumes for free in any way? All I can see is buying them with real cash currency or from loot boxes which also need same currency.

Rahvar

I'mlevel 53 with Scarlet Witch atm. What should I be doing? Trying to get to 60 and then what? How do I get more legendary shards?

Edit: What should I do with vendors? Donations and what should I craft etc?

Did they ever fix the movement nerf where they gave dashes 3 second cooldowns? I have several max level characters but I stopped playing the game altogether with that update since the mobility nerf made the game feel so slow.

Famassu

Did they ever fix the movement nerf where they gave dashes 3 second cooldowns? I have several max level characters but I stopped playing the game altogether with that update since the mobility nerf made the game feel so slow.
Evade rolls/dashes are limited (to like 3 "charges") before a short-ish cooldown if you spam them, but there is an unlimited sprint in the game that is plenty fast to get around.

Alo0oy

Banned
I picked Jean Grey as my starter, and she's at level 29 now. Why doesn't the squishy ranged caster have a single nuke ability yet? I feel like I'm either misunderstanding the mechanics, or Jean Grey is really underwhelming.

All her skills are AoE ranged attacks that do decent damage against goons, but she doesn't have a nuke and/or single target attacks.

I picked Jean Grey as my starter, and she's at level 29 now. Why doesn't the squishy ranged caster have a single nuke ability yet? I feel like I'm either misunderstanding the mechanics, or Jean Grey is really underwhelming.

All her skills are AoE ranged attacks that do decent damage against goons, but she doesn't have a nuke and/or single target attacks.

Check her talents. Talents can alter your base abilities drastically. She probably has some talents that turn some of her abilities into potent single target nukes.

Alo0oy

Banned
Check her talents. Talents can alter your base abilities drastically. She probably has some talents that turn some of her abilities into potent single target nukes.

I don't think I can access her talents yet. But I'll keep that in mind once I reach the level requirements. She's so boring to play now.

Rahvar

I can't find the bots for the legendary quest bots on the loose! Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Also for the super heroic trial. I keep reading that I should have puplr gear, but from what I can see from the UI the purple gear doesn't drop until after I finish the trial...

Matty77

I can't find the bots for the legendary quest bots on the loose! Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Also for the super heroic trial. I keep reading that I should have puplr gear, but from what I can see from the UI the purple gear doesn't drop until after I finish the trial...
If you mean the crab shack, once you get there from the waypoint go down on the map until you find the skinny bridge, once you've crossed it there are some containers the bots spill out of and it's a standard kill them all mission.

I find though that sometimes you have to wait for the instance to reset.

ch4fx_

1.06 patch notes --

ITEM CHANGES

Catalysts will no longer drop with Mental, Physical or Energy damage types. These affixes have been replaced with Cooldown, Signature and Ultimate affixes.
Removed several incorrect affixes from Hero item affix pools:

Jean Grey can no longer roll Melee Damage
Rocket Raccoon no longer rolls Energy Damage
Gambit no longer rolls Force Damage
Fixed issues with Hulkbuster Munitions and Anti-Reality Grenade artifact tooltips.
HERO CHANGES

DOCTOR STRANGE

Astral Projection's Daggers of Daveroth damage has been fixed to now properly deal 25% of Doctor Strange's Daggers of Daveroth.

Fixed an issue with the Controlled Power talent causing Mysticism to not generate.

Fixed an issue with the Guardian Seraphim talent not triggering talents tied to Shield of the Seraphim or spending Mystic Energy.

JEAN GREY

Jean Grey's Expel Phoenix Force power now uses the correct visual (purple instead of orange).

ICEMAN

Fixed an issue with Iceman's Ice Slick continuously re-applying the Freeze effect with each tick rather than only on initial cast.

IRON MAN

Fixed an issue with Iron Man's Coolant Blast not being able to be activated.

SQUIRREL GIRL

Squirrel Girl's Baffling Dialogue cooldown increased to 20 seconds.

Fixed an issue with Squirrel Girls' For Monkey Joe! talent not providing the correct amount of bonuses to powers that gain benefits based on summoned squirrels.

Clarified tooltip of Squirrel Girl's Swell the Scurry talent.

MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES & BUG FIXES

Minor performance improvements while playing in Midtown Patrol.

There is now a 5 second delay when using an emote before the same emote can be activated.

Travel powers can no longer be repeatedly activated by rapidly tapping the hotkey while in HQs.

There is now a “Wait” option in the confirmation dialog after completing a Danger Room scenario mission to allow you to close the dialogue to continue looting before progressing to the next mission.

Players will now properly receive the 525 Eternity Splinter reward from the tutorial if they enter the game via a party invite that causes them to skip the Times Square tutorial section.

Buff Timers in the Buff Panel with a duration over 2 hours will now also show minutes and seconds remaining instead of just hours

Modified the Bonus Item Find bar to always show on the HUD.

HYDRA Heavy Gunners will now drop the correct loot for their rank and for the player's difficulty setting.

Mandarin’s flame in the Cosmic Gate encounter will now stop dealing damage as soon as the player moves out of the area, rather than continuing to burn for a short duration.

Players will receive the Overhead Indicators tutorial message upon entering Avengers Tower and not at the start of Times Square tutorial.

Fixed an issue in the power panel where, after assigning a slot, the power you return to did not show up as selected.

Fixed an issue where the Medkit cooldown for player 2 was actually showing the cooldown for player 1 during co-op play.

Fixed an issue where the boosts on the Player 1 HUD would overlap with other UI when the PS4's Display Area settings were set to anything besides 90%.

Fixed issue where the wrong loot was dropping from the Rock Ketchup! side portal in Dimensions Collide Operation.

Fixed an issue where the lore missions for "History of Mutants" and "Secrets of Mutant Town" would not activate.

Fixed an issue where Prestige-related Trophies would fail to be awarded if the player activated their Prestige from the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier HQ.

Fixed an issue where pressing the Bodyslider power and travel power would cause a desync issue on the client.

Fixed an issue where a player could activate a movement power while quickly pressing and releasing the left analog stick and the hero would continue running in a direction.

Fixed an issue where some melee powers would make the Hero path to the target even if it wasn't directly in front of them.

Fixed an issue where players disconnected during the Raft cinematic would be unable to progress the Raft mission upon logging back in.

Fixed an issue which would cause the gamepad button display for expanding Inventory capacity to not initially appear until it was updated.

Fixed an issue that prevented travel powers performed by other players from orienting correctly under certain circumstances.

Fixed an issue that prevented the usage of emotes while playing as Captain America.

Fixed an issue where some tutorial title text were cut off in other languages.

Adjusted description of Trophy 'All In A Day's Work' to complete Alerts instead of Special Events.

Resolved typos in loading screen tips.

From reddit

Toki767

Cosmic Trial is so easy after they fixed the Mandarin.

Beat it pretty easily with a fresh level 60 Thor who didn't have level 60 gear or cosmic gear.

Kyolux

Cosmic Trial is so easy after they fixed the Mandarin.

Beat it pretty easily with a fresh level 60 Thor who didn't have level 60 gear or cosmic gear.

I need to make a better spider-man setup it seems. Tried it last night. Ran out of time with Mandarin still at half health.

Wait they removed the crazy high damage dot from Mandarin's flamethrower attack? Wow thats gonna make getting through the cosmic trials on some of my alternate chars WAY easier. Getting hit by that attack before was basically a guaranteed death for anyone except the tanky heroes. Super frustrating.

I'm playing on a pro and outside Patrols with fuck tons of particles/abilities going off it runs pretty smoothly for me. Do you have boost mode on?

I guess I'm just used to the PC one running a lot better from what I remembered. It was majors stuttering in the "lobby" area and hitching to a lesser degree in the starter area

Okay so with buddies online this is a really great game to play and chat during. I'm having a blast and tearing things up with Cyclops, but man, I have no idea how you melee focused characters do it. I just like not getting hit too much lol. I think I want to try Starlord next, he has a cool mechanic with the gun/ammo it looks like.

I'm confused about a lot of the stuff happening around me, but nothing is prohibiting my group and me from progressing in the story, but we're curious to know:

1. What should we be spending our currency on?
2. For crafting (so many vendors) should we be saving materials, inventory space seems precious, or just selling them early on?
3. Anybody have some tips or not so obvious things to do or look out for? Thanks!

I guess I'm just used to the PC one running a lot better from what I remembered. It was majors stuttering in the "lobby" area and hitching to a lesser degree in the starter area

The stutter in the Lobby area is fleeting and seems to be a result of loading from the HDD more than anything else. I can't say I experienced any stuttering in the starter area at all though.

Okay so with buddies online this is a really great game to play and chat during. I'm having a blast and tearing things up with Cyclops, but man, I have no idea how you melee focused characters do it. I just like not getting hit too much lol. I think I want to try Starlord next, he has a cool mechanic with the gun/ammo it looks like.

I'm confused about a lot of the stuff happening around me, but nothing is prohibiting my group and me from progressing in the story, but we're curious to know:

1. What should we be spending our currency on?
2. For crafting (so many vendors) should we be saving materials, inventory space seems precious, or just selling them early on?
3. Anybody have some tips or not so obvious things to do or look out for? Thanks!

1. You don't really need to spend your currency on anything but if you do want to I'd recommend spending it on the materials from the acquisition officer that allow you to purchase research packs from the other vendor as they give a TON of reputation to level up your other vendor types until you hit max.

2. Honestly until you hit max level on your characters and your vendors (either by donating gear you dont want or purchasing the research packs from the other vendor) just store them in your bank. They are of almost no use until endgame. The exception to this would be the materials that soloely exist for sale or donations like credit chests and cosmic essences. If you get those its best to just go ahead and either donate or sell those to vendors to free up the storage space. Otherwise just store all your materials in your storage box to free up space in your character inventory.

3. Some tips:

- Focus on completing the story all the way through with one character first as once you do and reach max level you will unlock inifnity points, operations and other endgame things for all other heros. Infinity points are especially useful asthey are essentially bonus stats that you accrue with any additional exp you acquire after unlocking them. This will apply to all heros so if you want to level up a second hero you would also be accruing infinity points in the process.

- Complete your difficulty trials as soon as you are able. You can access them form the shield transporter pads. The Heroic trial unlocks at level 11 and the Super Heroic unlocks after beating Heroic. Completing these allow you to activate higher difficulty levels that provide you with much more experience, credits and better gear. Once you hit max lvl you unlock the Cosmic trial which will unlock your endgame difficulty option that allows for the most powerful tier of loot to drop.

- After you hit about level 30 you unlock your talents. Pay close attention to tehse as they cna completely alter the way you hero's abilities work and interact with each other.

- Once you hit lvl 25 and 50 with an individual hero you unlock synergy bonuses. These range from things like bonus health, damage, or defense to things like health or hero resources on hit. You can then activate these bonuses on other heros. They can be very helpful.

- There are powerful special items can be purchased with a special type of currency called valor points. These can be acquired by performing legendary quests (an option unlocked after completing the story with a given hero) You cn dramtaically increase the number of Valor POints you get by consuming currency boosts from the store which allow you to gain this currency as a drop from any boss type enemy you defeat as well as increasing the number you get upon completion of legendary quests. The best of these items all cost 300 valor points and must be leveled up with experience to unlock their perks so you want to buy one for your main hero as soon as you are able so you can level it up. Take a look at the items available at the vendor and see which one best suits your hero and playstyle.

- While you are playing you will gradually accrue relics. These stack up to 100 and increase in effectiveness with each additional fragment accrued. These do not bind to a hero when equipped so you cna freely unequip them and give them to any new hero you wish to level up or try out. At max stack they can provide a very large boost to attack or defense for new heros especially early on and can help you make short work of most earlier content.

-You unlock your ultimate ability at max level. This is basically meant as a long cooldown super powerful ability and its effectiveness and cooldown can be improved with ultimate power tokens. These tokens are extremely rare drops from reward chests fro endgame operations and danger room missions and can also be found in purchased loot crates. What many dont ealize is that these tokens also improve your signature ability as well. Your signature ability is the ability you unlock at level thirty. Each rank you improve your ultimate it also boosts your signature in some regard. The difference can be quite substantial with 5-10 ranks especially if your signature ability is a key part of your damage rotation. So even if your ultimate isnt really that appealing or useful for you its often worth it to boost it specifically to improve your signature skill.​

Hope this helps! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

The stutter in the Lobby area is fleeting and seems to be a result of loading from the HDD more than anything else. I can't say I experienced any stuttering in the starter area at all though.

Maybe just lag? Dunno what it is, but it's noticeable. Oh, and are the villains missing just because it's beta?

Maybe just lag? Dunno what it is, but it's noticeable. Oh, and are the villains missing just because it's beta?

What character are you playing as? I've noticed some characters have some awkward animation priorities when it comes to using some abilities (like Rocker Racoon for example). Perhaps try using a different character and see if it performs any better for ya.

I'm not sure about the villains. All I know is that they've said they'll be releasing more characters.

JSoup

Banned
So, what are the restrictions on trying a character vs. unlocking one?
I see I have the option and I was able to grind out a few levels on patrol with a character I was just trying.

So, what are the restrictions on trying a character vs. unlocking one?
I see I have the option and I was able to grind out a few levels on patrol with a character I was just trying.

I believe trying a character means you'll hit a level cap at lvl 10 until the hero has been purchased via in game currency or money but I haven't actually used the try a hero function myself so I'm not 100% positive what the level cap is. It might be higher.

What character are you playing as? I've noticed some characters have some awkward animation priorities when it comes to using some abilities (like Rocker Racoon for example). Perhaps try using a different character and see if it performs any better for ya.

I'm not sure about the villains. All I know is that they've said they'll be releasing more characters.

I was playing iceman. He seems really buggy. Like, his golem thing just doesn't appear sometimes and one of his powers will be doing the animation and nothing comes out haha. I think it just gets laggy when there's a lot of crap going on. I played a bit more and it was mostly stable until a crowd of players showed up

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So this has been out a while...

Do they still support the PC version? And if I don't have a Pro, should I bother with this or just go back to PC?

Toki767

So this has been out a while...

Do they still support the PC version? And if I don't have a Pro, should I bother with this or just go back to PC?

The PC version is much more robust.

I don't believe there are actually any Pro enhancements. This version plays pretty differently though from what I hear.

Boost mode though.

Yea I had boost mode enabled and didn't realize how much of a difference t made for this game until I tried disabling it. It really smooths out performance in places with lots of other heros or particle effects going on. Really noticeable difference. If I had been playing without it on from the start it would've definitely impacted my enjoyment of the game. Hard to believe they'd release a beta with such pronounced performance issue on standard HW.

Yea I had boost mode enabled and didn't realize how much of a difference t made for this game until I tried disabling it. It really smooths out performance in places with lots of other heros or particle effects going on. Really noticeable difference. If I had been playing without it on from the start it would've definitely impacted my enjoyment of the game. Hard to believe they'd release a beta with such pronounced performance issue on standard HW.

Oooh I have had it turned on the entire time. Scared to see the other side lol

Oooh I have had it turned on the entire time. Scared to see the other side lol

Yea don't turn it off! haha The frame rate drops are pretty nuts in some areas. Definitely one of those games that makes me glad boost mode is a thing.

BTW how have you been doing on progress so far? Have you been sticking with any one hero in particular and trying to wrap up the story?

gappvembe

I'm curious about this game, so maybe someone can answer some quick questions:

1. Is this game online only (want to play on consoles)? I have shit satellite internet: 10gb a month :/. So no online games for me. I do have unlimited from 12-5am, yet minus maybe one day a week, I am not up during that time.

2. I really only want to play as Beast (he's my favorite character). How much will that cost me? Is he only in the $60 X-Men pack? Are there alternate costumes too?

Thanks?

I'm curious about this game, so maybe someone can answer some quick questions:

1. Is this game online only (want to play on consoles)? I have shit satellite internet: 10gb a month :/. So no online games for me. I do have unlimited from 12-5am, yet minus maybe one day a week, I am not up during that time.

2. I really only want to play as Beast (he's my favorite character). How much will that cost me? Is he only in the $60 X-Men pack? Are there alternate costumes too?

Thanks?

1. It is online only but the way in which they handle their server side data collection means that it uses surprisingly little data. I think you'd be just fine playing a few hours before your 12-5 unlimited time 3-4 times a week.

2. You get one hero of your choice for free after finishing the tutorial so you can just choose beast then and unlock him for free right off the bat. Future heros will cost money or in game currency called eternity splinters you can accrue from killing enemies in game. I had accrued enough after completing my first full story olaythrourgh to purchase an additional hero.

However it's worth mentioning that if you want to unlock other costumes for each hero you'll likely ending up paying for those as they are INCREDIBLY rare drops in the game currently so do keep that in mind. That said they are just purely aesthetic in this version unlike the PC version so they don't really impact gameplay at all.

1. It is online only but the way in which they handle their server side data collection means that it uses surprisingly little data. I think you'd be just fine playing a few hours before your 12-5 unlimited time 3-4 times a week.

2. You get one hero of your choice for free after finishing the tutorial so you can just choose beast then and unlock him for free right off the bat. Future heros will cost money or in game currency called eternity splinters you can accrue from killing enemies in game. I had accrued enough after completing my first full story olaythrourgh to purchase an additional hero.

However it's worth mentioning that if you want to unlock other costumes for each hero you'll likely ending up paying for those as they are INCREDIBLY rare drops in the game currently so do keep that in mind. That said they are just purely aesthetic in this version unlike the PC version so they don't really impact gameplay at all.

They're just as aesthetic in the PC version.

They're just as aesthetic in the PC version.

Oh really? When I first started playing on PC back when the game initially came out the costumes had random perks and whatnot attached. I stopped playing on PC ages ago (computer issues and then just sort of fell out of interest) so I just assumed that had continued but I guess a whole lot ha changed over the years so that makes sense. Thanks for the correction.

Top Bottom