• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

If you like laser effects, he's kinda neat to level. With some gear that returns skill power per kill, you can basically walk into a pack, switch on his spiral Marvel Now blast and just stand there as each mob gets focused down in order.

Nah, I went with Iceman. Leveled him up enough to summon more than one ice buddy now, so I can just sit back and spam Ice Beam lol

k1t4j

From the 5 Heroes I got through Cosmic Trial, Wolverine was the latest and the most troublesome. I would either get blown up or would run out of time, slightly frustrating experience, in the end it took me around 5-10 tries but I got him there.

I bought his Old Man Logan costume, which is in my opinion one of the best looking costumes available. Simple, but matches his personality and his ride :)

Also feels good being the only Wolverine in cosmic patrol most of the time, I maybe seen 2-3 wolverines since I have been playing Cosmic Patrol with my other heroes.

Now I'm trying to gear up and then maybe I'll prestige him for the trophies.

EDIT: What legendaries you guys are using? I bought the Sword one that boosts attack and bleeding powers.

ch4fx_

What should I be doing to get better gear?

I'm at level 60 & ive cleared my first trial to unlock heroic difficulty, but I can't progress through the next trial yet. I've been doing legendary missions for the marks, and running through Midtown from time to time, but I'm having trouble finding gear better than what I currently have equipped.

ev0

On the PC version, whats the fastest way to level now? Story?
I just want to get all my characters to 60.

Since Uniques are worthless now for exchange/recipes, I vendored them all and I have so much Stash space now. No need to get another, which I'm not sure Gaz wants heh

Toki767

What should I be doing to get better gear?

I'm at level 60 & ive cleared my first trial to unlock heroic difficulty, but I can't progress through the next trial yet. I've been doing legendary missions for the marks, and running through Midtown from time to time, but I'm having trouble finding gear better than what I currently have equipped.

Ideally, you should have done the Heroic trial when it first opens up at level 11, then the Super Heroic trial immediately after or at level 20 or 30 when you unlock your signature power.

Doing Super Heroic at level 60 is generally a bad idea.

Ideally, you should have done the Heroic trial when it first opens up at level 11, then the Super Heroic trial immediately after or at level 20 or 30 when you unlock your signature power.

I couldn't get Spider-Man past it til i hit 60. But I'll apply that approach going forward

On PS4, I can't seem to get the cosmic trial to appear. I tried it a few days ago, but since last night it literally isn't listed on the trials screen...is this a glitch?

Toki767

On PS4, I can't seem to get the cosmic trial to appear. I tried it a few days ago, but since last night it literally isn't listed on the trials screen...is this a glitch?

Cosmic Trial only opens up at level 60 after you've completed the Heroic and Super Heroic trials.

k1t4j

After some google search I found out if you prestige you keep the bonus XP and synergies... Now after I prestige Wolverine twice for the trophy i noticed they gave me 5 splinters and 1 random boost each time (got an XP one and a supply crate one).

After I get home I'm going to prestige my other 10 lv 60's for the splinters and a chance at more boosts :D

Holy crap there are a lot of different currencies in this game.
I'm level 13, am I ever going to get currency to purchase characters? Or is real money the only way?

Toki767

Holy crap there are a lot of different currencies in this game.
I'm level 13, am I ever going to get currency to purchase characters? Or is real money the only way?

Eternity splinters drop roughly every 5-6 minutes when you kill an enemy.

So if you play long enough, you can unlock any character you want.

Ploid 3.0

On the PC version, whats the fastest way to level now? Story?
I just want to get all my characters to 60.

Since Uniques are worthless now for exchange/recipes, I vendored them all and I have so much Stash space now. No need to get another, which I'm not sure Gaz wants heh

Yep, story.

Ploid 3.0

Eternity splinters drop roughly every 5-6 minutes when you kill an enemy.

So if you play long enough, you can unlock any character you want.

When I want nothing but splinters I set a stop watch to alert me to get a splinter. It would be bad on PS4 to leave it running (you don't have to stay logged in but it's 6 minutes) but on PC I just have it running in the background and collect every 6 minutes. It's the same for any event item too, like now with anniversary cake slices.

Rocket Raccoon is SO much fun to play. Especially after playing such a thoroughly melee centric lower damage character like Colossus. Think I might make him my new main.

Anyone have any suggestions on other heroes that are really fun mechanically speaking? Tried Magik and she was ok. Also played Luke Cage and while he can put out a TON of damage I find myself dying really often whilst playing as him so I'm not a big fan. Was thinking about giving Hulk a try next but I'm not sure who I want to try after that. Blade perhaps? Heard he was really fun. Are there any other heroes y'all would recommend for someone who really enjoyed the way Rocket Raccoon plays?

Aselith

Rocket Raccoon is SO much fun to play. Especially after playing such a thoroughly melee centric lower damage character like Colossus. Think I might make him my new main.

Anyone have any suggestions on other heroes that are really fun mechanically speaking? Tried Magik and she was ok. Also played Luke Cage and while he can put out a TON of damage I find myself dying really often whilst playing as him so I'm not a big fan. Was thinking about giving Hulk a try next but I'm not sure who I want to try after that. Blade perhaps? Heard he was really fun. Are there any other heroes y'all would recommend for someone who really enjoyed the way Rocket Raccoon plays?

I've been playing Nova and he's really fun especially when you get his signature power.

SScorpio

I played Rocket as my first char on PC. I also had a lot of fun with Squirrel Girl, just as long as you can take all the puns and facts about nuts.

ch4fx_

Late reply, but thanks for the tips. I cleared the super heroic trial with War Machine last night at level 40 - a little higher than suggested, but at least I'm making progress. Hopefully now that I'm getting purple gear, the cosmic trials won't be too bad.
i fucking hope

Really enjoying this game & I can't wait to see what they add in the future (mainly MORE characters, pls). Have they mentioned anything about a "roadmap" for the content they're bringing over to consoles?

Also - regarding legendary items...

From what I can tell, most (all) of them cost 300 legendary marks. Thus far, it seems like I get 1 mark per legendary mission I complete. Am I missing a way to earn multiple marks at once, or is the grind that fucking real?

Kyolux

Also - regarding legendary items...

From what I can tell, most (all) of them cost 300 legendary marks. Thus far, it seems like I get 1 mark per legendary mission I complete. Am I missing a way to earn multiple marks at once, or is the grind that fucking real?

Should be 2 to 4 per missions. You get an extra one as a daily bonus per character.

ch4fx_

Should be 2 to 4 per missions. You get an extra one as a daily bonus per character.

Nice, thank you! I guess I was reading the "extra one" for the daily bonus & assumed that was the reward for the mission themselves. That definitely makes getting 300 doable.

Hitting my eighth level 60 tonight, so two more to go before I start trophy hunting and the prestige train. The 100% experience boost should help tremendously. I'm definitely going to level Blade as one of those for his synergy. Still undecided on the other.

I'm leaning towards Spider-Man, Rocket, or Iron Fist for the prestige and trophy hunt. Rocket is the most solid of the bunch, but I just adore how Spidey plays. I'd be all over Iron Fist, but I already got him to cosmic prestige on PC and dread repeating that tour.

Maybesew

Is there any reason to play in a group as I'm leveling? I've been playing on normal as ice man, and hit 38 last night. having run, but wondering if i am missing out

So is this a f2p game on PS4 or is it free because it's a beta? Will there be a paid version later on?

Its F2P I been playing it since it was launched on PC. I would advice if you have a good enough PC to play that version there is more characters and it has the Fantastic Four playable.

Billfisto

I really wish they'd start talking about new characters and costumes. None of the stuff currently in the game really strikes a chord with me. Gimme UDON Taskmaster or Toxin Venom and I'll start spending some money, Gaz.

Toki767

I really wish they'd start talking about new characters and costumes. None of the stuff currently in the game really strikes a chord with me. Gimme UDON Taskmaster or Toxin Venom and I'll start spending some money, Gaz.

Black Cat so far is confirmed as the next new character.

Dalek

Should I be trying to do the Heroic trial as soon as I can and then switch to that? I'm using Cyclops and just beat his Heroic trial at level 16. Now I should make the default difficulty to Heroic, right?

Toki767

Should I be trying to do the Heroic trial as soon as I can and then switch to that? I'm using Cyclops and just beat his Heroic trial at level 16. Now I should make the default difficulty to Heroic, right?

Yep.

Best course of action is to beat Heroic trial when it unlocks at level 11, then switch to that difficulty.

Then clear Super Heroic as soon as possible (will still be easy in your teens and 20s but you may want to wait until 30 to gain your signature power) and switch to that.

Cosmic is locked until level 60.

Maybesew

Yep.

Best course of action is to beat Heroic trial when it unlocks at level 11, then switch to that difficulty.

Then clear Super Heroic as soon as possible (will still be easy in your teens and 20s but you may want to wait until 30 to gain your signature power) and switch to that.

I had no idea about any of this. Is this in the training room?

Toki767

I had no idea about any of this. Is this in the training room?

Simply go to a waypoint and select Trial.

Once you've beaten a Trial, you can press Square when selecting a chapter or operation and then toggle the difficulty there.

It's important to note that difficulty in story and operations, no matter what difficulty, scales to your level and the amount of people in your party. So in essence, it's easiest to do things solo at high difficulty.

In Patrol, difficulty scales to the amount of people attacking a boss in that instance.

Dalek

Yep.

Hmmm. I tried it at level 26 and got clobbered.

Toki767

Hmmm. I tried it at level 26 and got clobbered.

You may want to wait till you're 30 then since you have access to your Signature Power.

What character are you playing as? It could be that you're just not playing it an efficient way. Or your gear is bad.

Dalek

You may want to wait till you're 30 then since you have access to your Signature Power.

What character are you playing as? It could be that you're just not playing it an efficient way. Or your gear is bad.

Cyclops. Could be I have bad gear I guess. Just going through the story missions.

ValeYard

Now my first hero hit 60 and am going to start attempting the cosmic trial, I'm not sure what else I should be doing.

What's 'the grind' I should be going for to get better gear? The guides I googled for pc were almost unintelligible.

Top Bottom