• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

mackaveli

No uniques on console. You're basically looking for well-rolled cosmics and artifacts, and having a leveled legendary. Then it's grinding for infinity points. Console is missing almost the entire endgame the PC version has, which I think is their biggest downfall right now, even including their pricing structure.

Omega items are supposed to be put in down the line as a new carrot to grind for (that will also replace uniques on PC), but how well that will be implemented remains to be seen.

No Uru or upgrades on console. The Uru's are kind of replaced by one of the vendors, who offers buffs on gear you can grind for that are similar to the PC versions enchants.

Thanks for the info.

No uniques? Only level 70 legendary? No Uru?

I kind of want to download this version now just to see how different it is.

It's somehow simpler and more complicated all at the same time.

Relics have been reduced to 100 from 1000, but now there are "complete" relics and an entirely new relic currency.

Uru and the enchanter are gone, as well as raids and raid items, but there's 4 entirely new vendors to level with entirely new crafting mechanics. They added a tutorial to the open beta, but it's not exactly thorough.

You don't actually want to donate items to vendors on console, you want to sell everything, use the credits to buy research crafting mats (that replenish every 30 minutes) and turn those in to one of the four vendors to buy materials that level up the other three. This also gets you blueprints that will let you craft some of the PC's event items, like the Armor artifacts. Currently only one of the three vendors has these blueprints in the game though.

There are still at least six different currencies in the game, and at least a dozen entirely new crafting materials.

Uniques are gone, leaving only cosmic items, but instead of physical/energy/mental, there's about 13 different damage types like guns, fire, ice, magic, and claw.

All patrols except for Midtown are removed. Terminals are still in. Danger room is in, and gives merits, but I didn't see at a glance what the merits are actually used for. There is no danger room vendor, unless I missed him entirely.

Some heroes have had their powers retooled specifically on the console version, a lot of cases for the worse. Synergies are still in but many of them have been changed. Bonus XP for leveling heroes has been cut in half. Splinter prices are more expensive and shuffled around. No level 80 legendaries. Another difficulty added before you get to cosmic, and at least one new rarity color that doesn't need to exist. Also it runs poorly.

hank_tree

Question:

I downloaded the Beta and started a game with Deadpool.

Do I keep him now for good or will I have to get my own character later on?

Will there be another reset or will character delopment stay as it is?

If it was the closed beta and you unlocked Deadpool using eternity splinters then your progress has been reset, but you will get enough splinters to buy one character after the tutorial.

If it was the open beta period then there is no reset incoming so you will still have deadpool forever.

evilsin

Anyone know why this is not available in Russia on PS4 and will it ever be? I mean I can play it on PC but I would love to go couch co-op with my bro.

It only gave me tbe 400 splinters for the tutorial. Am i supposed to get bonus splinters or is that for new people. I had bought an xmen pack for the beta before.

Dunlop

I started the open beta this morning, but there was an update that the game is now in headstart and account info will be wiped...but mine wasn't.

reading comprehension fail on my end?

Menome

I started the open beta this morning, but there was an update that the game is now in headstart and account info will be wiped...but mine wasn't.

reading comprehension fail on my end?

There was a character wipe last week. No more wipes from now on.

abundant

So it looks like Gaz changed the Prestige system, basically taking away all the benefits you'd get on the PC.

- there's no XP boost. *Correction, you do get a box that includes and XP boost.
- there's no bonus costume.
- they changed the coloring of you name to little hash marks placed by your name, essentially taking away the bragging rights one would get if they Prestige.

So the only benefit for choosing to Prestige are two trophies.

abundant

cool thanks,

I'm kind of luke warm to the game so far, chose Magik and am just face rolling everything

The game is extremely easy, more so with certain heroes, on the base difficulty level. You have to complete trails in order to unlock harder difficulties.

SummitAve

Banned
Trying to get into this on PS4 but the performance is really killing it for me right now. Everything feels so clunky and slow, and nothing I'm seeing is really justifying that.

abundant

Go to one of those teleports and choose the TRIAL option then if you finish it you can bum up the difficulty of everything up a notch. It comes with a 75% bonus XP too :)

Just know that the Heroic difficulty is ridiculously easy as well, outside of the final boss fights with Dr. Doom and Loki. Super Heroic is too tough for anyone that's at a low level, so you'll get through most/all of the campaign before you can even handle that Trail (with the exception of a few OP heroes).

bombshell

At what point does the difficulty spike up in this game? I only played for a few hours but I barely lost any health.

As soon as you hit level 11 you can play the heroic trial (is single player only) to unlock heroic difficulty for all missions, which in turn unlocks super heroic trial to unlock super heroic difficulty etc.

I found normal piss easy like you (playing in party of 2), upping it to heroic is more difficult for us for sure (we just started chapter 4). I have not tried super heroic trial yet to unlock next difficulty.

Toki767

I'm still stuck on Magik's Cosmic trial.

I started Spider-Man and got him to level 60 and I can't even beat his Super Heroic trial.

Feel like I need to pick someone easy next just to have someone to beat the Cosmic trial and be able to farm Cosmic patrol.

abundant

I'm still stuck on Magik's Cosmic trial.

I started Spider-Man and got him to level 60 and I can't even beat his Super Heroic trial.

Feel like I need to pick someone easy next just to have someone to beat the Cosmic trial and be able to farm Cosmic patrol.

From what I've read, outside a few heroes like Dr. Strange, Iceman, and Scarlet Witch, you'll need to have the proper gear to beat the Cosmic trial.

Toki767

From what I've read, outside a few heroes like Dr. Strange, Iceman, and Scarlet Witch, you'll need to have the proper gear to beat the Cosmic trial.

Yeah, which seems like it'll be almost impossible without either a set of Cosmic items already or a fairly maxed out legendary item.

The trial leading to the current endgame makes this acceptable for now, but those Cosmic patrols are going to be really empty.

I'm currently leveling up Daredevil and he's kind of eh so far.

Kyolux

My first try of cosmic trial with Kitty was going so well I got careless and only had Skull left down to under 20% when he one shotted me. Since then I can't even beat Mandarin.

mackaveli

One question : Can we share the Legendary quests within a party ?

No. Can't abandon quests either which sucks if you get stuck on a quest and can't find a certain boss for one of the quests.

For cosmic trial:

I beat Cosmic with Jean Grey with all purples etc., No legendary. Not sure if its suppose to be easy or not with her. It did take me 10 tries or so.

I did use a guide for skills on marvelheroes.info as I had no idea what skills to use.

Also I read that you should try and find critical and brutal damage increase helps.

Also don't go all glass cannon which I initially did. I went more like 50/50 on offense / defense and that seemed to help me beat the trial.

Save your ultimate for the last 5 or 6 mobs that are with red skull I found helped.

Leveling up different heroes for the synergies and since there's not much end game content yet. Spidey, Punisher, Daredevil at 60, with Rocket Raccoon at 52.

Spider-Man is a blast to play just as he was on PC, for anyone wondering. I suspect he's somewhat undertuned in damage, but his animations are fantastic.

Rocket is also every bit as fun as I remembered. I really want to play Blade, but I'll keep working through the heroes from the packs first. Either Iron Fist or Star-Lord next.

Hyun Sai

A Gazillion response in the official forums just implied the console players are too stupid to figure out the prestige color system and that's why we got the ugly badge in place of it.

How out of touch those guys can be really ?

k1t4j

Leveling up different heroes for the synergies and since there's not much end game content yet. Spidey, Punisher, Daredevil at 60, with Rocket Raccoon at 52.

Spider-Man is a blast to play just as he was on PC, for anyone wondering. I suspect he's somewhat undertuned in damage, but his animations are fantastic.

Rocket is also every bit as fun as I remembered. I really want to play Blade, but I'll keep working through the heroes from the packs first. Either Iron Fist or Star-Lord next.

Same here, so far I got, 60 Hulk, 60 Daredevil, 60 Spider Man, 60 Blade, 50 War Machine, 50 Kitty Pride, 50 Cpt American, 50 Black widow, 50 colossus.

Cpt america was a slog, he's squishy and average damage output, on the other hand Blade blazes through the content....

Nudull

Banned
Re-leveling Deadpool and Doctor Strange + leveling Daredevil. Thought about getting Nova, but I heard half of his stuff but nerfed, so...eh.

abundant

A Gazillion response in the official forums just implied the console players are too stupid to figure out the prestige color system and that's why we got the ugly badge in place of it.

How out of touch those guys can be really ?

Yeah they claimed it was to help players that are colorblind, but that excuses is total bullshit when you realize that the loot rarity system is based off of colors and the game doesn't even have a colorblind option. The majority of players that post on their forum want Gaz to bring back the colored system.

Kyolux

Yeah they claimed it was to help players that are colorblind, but that excuses is total bullshit when you realize that the loot rarity system is based off of colors and the game doesn't even have a colorblind option. The majority of players that post on their forum want Gaz to bring back the colored system.

It may be colorbased. But it still says the item's rarity in the description, and you can also sort by rarity.

This may be because of my job where accessibility is always a priority, but I think it's a good reason. A shame though, because I did like colors better, the icon needs to be something less lame.

abundant

It may be colorbased. But it still says the item's rarity in the description, and you can also sort by rarity.

This may be because of my job where accessibility is always a priority, but I think it's a good reason. A shame though, because I did like colors better, the icon needs to be something less lame.

The simple solution is to do both hash marks and colors.

k1t4j

Feel like I'm never going to beat a Cosmic Trial lol

I have done it with Hulk & Blade. With gear straight out of the story mode.

Stay on the move, bring an AOE or two and Mandarin is the hardest of the two bosses. Stay clear from the cone AOE that burns you, that shit does loads of damage and if it hits you I think its 100% death guaranteed.

Also play around with the talents, with both Blade and Hulk I had to change my active skills and Talents from the ones I used in story.

That's my noob(ish) advice

Toki767

I have done it with Hulk & Blade. With gear straight out of the story mode.

Stay on the move, bring an AOE or two and Mandarin is the hardest of the two bosses. Stay clear from the cone AOE that burns you, that shit does loads of damage and if it hits you I think its 100% death guaranteed.

Also play around with the talents, with both Blade and Hulk I had to change my active skills and Talents from the ones I used in story.

That's my noob(ish) advice

So far I've tried Magik but with her I practically have to kite around everything and leave damage to my summons. I ran out of time before I could beat Mandarin.

I also tried Daredevil who is alright for the most part but I can't handle all the mobs.

I couldn't even beat Super Heroic with Spider-Man lol

Currently leveling up Jean now. Hopefully I'll have better luck with her since she's the one I wanted to play as the most and I finally got enough splinters to buy her after originally buying Magik.

I can afford a legendary item now as I have 300 marks, but I'm unsure what I should even be buying.

Kyolux

For Toki:
Beat Cosmic trial with Magik earlier, trick is to stay calm all the way through.

Need some decent gear of course. Talents were all in the middle except first one was top one.

Skills I used were Dark Pact, dodge, fangs, brand, signature, and all 3 summon skills. I had a yellow megaterodactyl or something as the custom summon. Not sure if what it is changes anything.

As for more play strats, I took my time, played it safe more than risky. Dark Pact I think can save you from the Mandarin's fire.

Hope this helps ya.

Mika, has your friend played through the prologue?

The simple solution is to do both hash marks and colors.

Fair enough. That would be the best option indeed.

Toki767

For Toki:
Beat Cosmic trial with Magik earlier, trick is to stay calm all the way through.

Need some decent gear of course. Talents were all in the middle except first one was top one.

Skills I used were Dark Pact, dodge, fangs, brand, signature, and all 3 summon skills. I had a yellow megaterodactyl or something as the custom summon. Not sure if what it is changes anything.

As for more play strats, I took my time, played it safe more than risky. Dark Pact I think can save you from the Mandarin's fire.

I don't understand how Dark Pact works.

When I see other people use it they summon much bigger demons than the ones I'm able to summon when I use it. Am I doing something wrong there?

Edit:

Oh wow your strategy actually worked. I had no cosmic items and no legendaries either. Not even all purple gear. The soul fangs really helped a lot I think. Usually I'm used to doing melee so it helped a lot just staying far away. Thanks for the tip!

Kyolux

I don't understand how Dark Pact works.

When I see other people use it they summon much bigger demons than the ones I'm able to summon when I use it. Am I doing something wrong there?

Edit:

Oh wow your strategy actually worked. I had no cosmic items and no legendaries either. Not even all purple gear. The soul fangs really helped a lot I think. Usually I'm used to doing melee so it helped a lot just staying far away. Thanks for the tip!

Nice to see you got it. I didn't have any cosmics or legendaries either. I was all purple though.

Dark Pact acts as a damage buffer. So when you take damage, it goes to that instead of yourself. The buffer is bigger when you have more summons out.

Toki767

Nice to see you got it. I didn't have any cosmics or legendaries either. I was all purple though.

Dark Pact acts as a damage buffer. So when you take damage, it goes to that instead of yourself. The buffer is bigger when you have more summons out.

Yeah, this setup is ridiculously nice.

I'm able to practically steamroll Cosmic operations with relative ease.

Cosmic Patrol is a whole other shit show though lol

Menome

Okay. Next question just to get an obvious thing ruled out: Is he playing couch-co-op with you, or is it on his own account online?

Secondly, has he checked his 'Deliveries' for any packages containing Eternity Splinters, and after opening them, has he gone into his 'Supplies' tab of the Inventory and used them there?

Miggytronz

Okay. Next question just to get an obvious thing ruled out: Is he playing couch-co-op with you, or is it on his own account online?

Secondly, has he checked his 'Deliveries' for any packages containing Eternity Splinters, and after opening them, has he gone into his 'Supplies' tab of the Inventory and used them there?
Couch co-op nothing in his deliveries. So should he solo the prologue?

Top Bottom