• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

It goes back to how I trained Rock Band. Although that's a bit different because you could choose to train on specific sections as well. But when I was going for a FC in a song, if I missed a note at any point before the final verse, I'd just bail out because the entire run is a waste in my mind. But I guess it's because I prefer incremental practicing rather than practicing a full song. lol

So far I've never failed a song, and hard isn't really that "hard". I just miss a couple of notes, which brings down my overall score.

Yeah i am not that hardcore on rhtyhm games :lol I already had trouble with hatsune miku on normal because i am not used to the playstation buttons. it got hell when i had to double press up and triangle for example but i overcome it by practicing whole songs all the time but yeah comes down to preference :p

Is there a way to disable the idol "animations" midsong? I've fucked up twice already in hard because the animation doesn't let me see where the beats are going to.

Yes you can turn them off. Go into other and select settings now turn life show pop ups off and they are gone :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
oh my god, I already spent $30 and I want to spend more, on virtual cards. Please hide my wallet.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
ahhh I pulled an UR Nico! Have this and two SRs now and only need a cool Nozomi for a team made up entirely of the LL girls. Maybe now I will go a while without buying Loveca >__>

the cruel part is needing another one of her to get the idolized version, lol.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I just realized the reason i've been getting so many friend points is because full comboing hard songs give you 1000 FP, so that's great. Managed to idolize Honoka, Hanayo, and Eli.

m0t0k1

Is there a way to flip the display upside down?

Nope not that i know of. You will play it horizontally one way and you will like it!!!

PAULINK said:
I just realized the reason i've been getting so many friend points is because full comboing hard songs give you 1000 FP, so that's great. Managed to idolize Honoka, Hanayo, and Eli.

Just remember that they have multiple idol forms depending on the color. So you can get for example a wonder rush Eli and a gyun de moto Eli.

JoeFu

Banned
No flip on android and it doesn't even use immersive mode :(

Waiting for LP sucks, but I'm not gonna be spending my free google play monies I got from taking surveys. I'm gonna be strong and continue my streak of never paying for a F2P game.

raven777

No flip on android and it doesn't even use immersive mode :(

Waiting for LP sucks, but I'm not gonna be spending my free google play monies I got from taking surveys. I'm gonna be strong and continue my streak of never paying for a F2P game.

I think this is one of the best F2P game where you can enjoy the game without paying money.

m0t0k1

Bit annoying since I can't take advantage of my cover's rest mode.

Yeah i am only joking :p but it is a bit disapointing yes maybe they can patch this out since people say it can turn arround on ipad. I only hope that it is not sensitive during songs since my gyro likes to go beserk and expecting it to happen when i am pressing the buttons to hard.

I haven't played too many F2P games, but I agree, this one is pretty non-IAP friendly since buying new cards only raises your scoring capabilities

its not like say puzzle and dragons where if you hit a wall, you hit a wall

on the downside, different idols and what not doesn't really change gameplay at all. you still play the game the same way from starter squad vs super idol maxed out squad.

im already getting a bit bored... but this game works fine just playing once a day or so get your daily items do a song or 2.

Hope events of some sorts happen someday.

MSMrRound

It's so tempting trying to save up Love stones...

I spent about 10 (got R Honoka and R Hanayo) before I heard about the 10+1 SR event thing...currently I got 14...any tips on earning more? Once you unlock a self-introduction for one of the generics, you can't idolize another set of same character, and get more Love stones+20,000G that way could you?

Pangya

Is there any point to raising non-idolized cards to max bond/level? I see there's album rewards for max idolized bonds and levels, but nothing for the non-idolized versions.

m0t0k1

It's so tempting trying to save up Love stones...

I spent about 10 (got R Honoka and R Hanayo) before I heard about the 10+1 SR event thing...currently I got 14...any tips on earning more? Once you unlock a self-introduction for one of the generics, you can't idolize another set of same character, and get more Love stones+20,000G that way could you?

Well it is ment to play in small stops so you wont be getting 50 very fast but the ways to unlock are post credit by raven

1. daily log in bonus: around 4~5 per month

2. completing card's side story: To do this, you need at least 2 of the same cards. If you have 2 same cards, you can go to 'special practice' and merge those 2 cards get a higher card. Once you do that, you fill the 'bond' by playing the game with those cards. Once you fill the bond 100%, you unlock the side-story for that card and get 1 love gem.

3. Ranking A~S on daily songs: not sure if daily songs are updated in the English version

4. Clearing Hard songs 100 times: This takes long time. I still haven't done any of these

5. Participating on Events: There are 2 types of events, each about 10 days. I think the English version doesn't have any events yet.

6. Album Rewards: This is in the 'others' tap.

7. Buying them with real money

Fastest way for me is to vorm bond with idolized non main idols you will get a heart everytime. Also when an event comes (i hope soon they give a lot away just by competing.) so wait for those moments to get some more. Also log in bonusses. So to get to 50 i usually have to wait a month or 2 :p unless you pay of course

Is there any point to raising non-idolized cards to max bond/level? I see there's album rewards for max idolized bonds and levels, but nothing for the non-idolized versions.

No can't think of any reasons. except for when you are sure you are going to fuse the card soon. You can ceep the bond meter after you did a fusion so if you now have a rare Maki for example you are probably going to use her for a long time. So you can max her bond and then evolve her later an get a love stone. for the weak non rare idols it is only handy to get there side story+ extra stone and money and then be done with them and sacrefice them.

chrono01

I know the game is still early, but I wonder when we'll get our first event. I'm trying to get myself as prepared as I can, by increasing my Rank/LP and the level of my cards. It'd be so much easier if I just used real-life $$$.

Oh, on the subject, don't let this be you.

ibsIliQmQS6lQu.jpg

Or this.

[Secretly jealous.]

Chariot

Jesus, I would never invest so much money in such a game. In fact I am not much of a fan of microtransactions att all. I play a lot of League of Legends and even hestitate to buy skins. My money goes to full other games I don't play (somehow I buy games, but play f2p ones most of the times, go figure).

TheChaos0

I know the game is still early, but I wonder when we'll get our first event. I'm trying to get myself as prepared as I can, by increasing my Rank/LP and the level of my cards. It'd be so much easier if I just used real-life $$$.

Or this.

[Secretly jealous.]

And this is how this f2p mobile business really works. Welcome to the future. ;)

I'd put money in this... but i can't buy new songs.... whats the point? It's a f2p music game that doesn't sell you songs.

I hardly care about getting S's when thats just tied to your stats. i just try to go for full combo and be happy with that.

I'd care more about the idol bits if there were dancing waifus or something :3

m0t0k1

Or this.

[Secretly jealous.]

Jeez Datte party!!!! I checked out the japanese itunes store a couple of weeks ago and saw that this game was the highest grosing game out there even bigger then Puzzle and dragons and stuff. I never pay for f2p also try to avoid dlc as much as possible so i am good. Where did you find those crazy spendings :p ?

chrono01

Jeez Datte party!!!! I checked out the japanese itunes store a couple of weeks ago and saw that this game was the highest grosing game out there even bigger then Puzzle and dragons and stuff. I never pay for f2p also try to avoid dlc as much as possible so i am good. Where did you find those crazy spendings :p ?
It was on another Love Live iOS forum, so I figured I'd post them here. It was...surprising to say the least, but then, never underestimate the hardcore fans.

I try not to pay for F2P apps either, although I have spent a bit in Puzzle & Dragons/Brave Frontier. More P&D than the latter, though. As for Love Live, I haven't spent anything yet, but who's to say what will happen later on when a card is released that I must have? I generally avoid it if I can, but even if I do, there's no way I would go to the extremes that the fan(s) in the above pictures did. That's just way too much for me to put into a F2P game.

As for the number of songs, apparently the Japanese version has 35 Regular Songs, with another 13 Special Songs. Since nothing should have changed with the localization, we should get the same [eventually]. That's pretty decent for a F2P game, especially considering each of the different difficulties offer a pretty distinct set of notes for each. Also, apparently they occasionally add an "Expert" difficulty to a song for a short duration, which should be fun to play through.

Vecks

I've been stuck at 4 songs for a while. Oh well, I love the music enough to keep doing them over and over again anyway.

fek

I can't wait for that game, I have the Bibi and Lily White versions pre-ordered
I'm excited for it too but we still have no idea how it plays, right? Or the differences between the versions, I'm guessing exclusive songs but there's probably more. I'm also hoping it looks better with less characters in the screen, the 3d models looked quite poor in the videos. I'll at least buy BiBi anyway, but wanted to know more before getting the others.

Gbraga

Started it, Sonoda instantly grabbed my attention, her voice was beautiful, and then when I hit OK, it wasn't OK. Turns out my phone is so bad it can't even run this decently, and it's so small I can't read shit.

:C

Chariot

Well, at least it's not entirely cg, but yeah, it's a pity that cg is rather common in anime as of late.
Yeah, but I believe that it's one day on a competetive level. Ars Nova looked pretty ok at least, cgi developed nicely. (yeah, I know that we still have eyesores like Sidonia).

Gbraga

Nooo, well you did pick the best girl though

I didn't even look at the rest, it was love at first sight.

Well, your strategy did work though, it definitely climbed some positions on my backlog. Just let me finish the last season shows I still have episodes left to watch.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Or this.

[Secretly jealous.]
lol, Japan. :(

Does anyone know if the Android and iOS versions are interoperable? Can you share accounts between them?

---

Oh, here's another question - does your rank at the end of a song determine what cards you have a chance of getting? Do you get better cards if you finish a Normal song with all A/S ranks than if you finish a Hard song with all C ranks?

At the moment, I'm not sure if I should be grinding for better cards (even among the N cards, I am getting the lower tier ones) or grinding for levels, but I'm not sure what determines your card drops.

Ken

Skip the anime, just fap to the doujins instead.

(I haven't actually seen it.)

knowing the source material is important

Welcome to idol shows. Only iDOLM@STER doesn't resort to CG models for the dance scenes.

Well, at least it's not entirely cg, but yeah, it's a pity that cg is rather common in anime as of late.

huh interesting. last anime i saw with CG stuff was gundam unicorn but I haven't been watching that many recent animes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom