• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChaos0

There are 35 songs to unlock by leveling up and 13 special songs that are usually used for contests.

That's quite a few, thanks. This game is kinding addicting. I'm also playing Destiny of Spirits, which is pretty much the same only with fighting (well they are both derivatives of PnD). Double trouble!

I've been playing the Japanese version since last September, and it's great to see this finally localized in English, just started yesterday in the English servers but haven't pulled anything more than Rs in the premium recruitment.

It's very addictive indeed, now I find myself switching between both servers whenever I get the time to play lol.

raven777

I've been playing the Japanese version since last September, and it's great to see this finally localized in English, just started yesterday in the English servers but haven't pulled anything more than Rs in the premium recruitment.

It's very addictive indeed, now I find myself switching between both servers whenever I get the time to play lol.

it really is a fantastic game. Probably one of the best F2P mobile game I have seen. You can still enjoy the game without spending money(although I spent money on it already..). I have been playing JP version since January and I think I will just stick with JP version...too lazy to start again.

it really is a fantastic game. Probably one of the best F2P mobile game I have seen. You can still enjoy the game without spending money(although I spent money on it already..). I have been playing JP version since January and I think I will just stick with JP version...too lazy to start again.

I've spent some as well but to use the love stones on Events, my luck is fairly bad on premium draws I usually don't dare to roll premium recruitments.

My JP version will still be my main account, have already played so long (am at Rank/Lv156 now), grinding each event as it comes for the 2nd tier reward of an additional SR copy (have only tried going for the 1st tier reward of 2 SR for events involving Nico). The English version, I'm just gonna play for fun :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just had a question about "Super Idols". If I max out a Super Idol's bond and get their side story, can I then use them in a fusion after that? Or do I need to keep them around?

I'm starting to get higher versions of the Super Idols I have as normal characters, but I just realized that I need points to fuse (I wasted so many when I wasn't paying attention), so I was going to wait until after I had finished the bonding stuff...

raven777

I just had a question about "Super Idols". If I max out a Super Idol's bond and get their side story, can I then use them in a fusion after that? Or do I need to keep them around?

I'm starting to get higher versions of the Super Idols I have as normal characters, but I just realized that I need points to fuse (I wasted so many when I wasn't paying attention), so I was going to wait until after I had finished the bonding stuff...

Are you talking about N cards?(2 star after merging together)

I usually lvl them up to max level before I feed them. There is a bonus reward on number of max lvl/max bond characters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are you talking about N cards?(2 star after merging together)

I usually lvl them up to max level before I feed them. There is a bonus reward on number of max lvl/max bond characters.

So here's my thing.

I have a Level 6 character that is normal. I already made an Super Idol (N?) card of the same character, but she's level 1. I'm just not sure which I should keep. Obviously the higher level card has better stats, but I would need to fuse to get her to Super Idol again.

Also, is the only way to level cards by feeding them other cards?

raven777

So here's my thing.

I have a Level 6 character that is normal. I already made an Super Idol (N?) card of the same character, but she's level 1. I'm just not sure which I should keep. Obviously the higher level card has better stats, but I would need to fuse to get her to Super Idol again.

Also, is the only way to level cards by feeding them other cards?

1. well, as you probably know the max lvl is different from normal card and fused Supuer idol card. So with your lvl 6 card, you would still need to fuse with another same card again to get max lvl. So just keep the already fused Super idol and feed the lvl 6 one.

2. yes the only way to lvl up cards is by feeding other cards.

Also some thing people might not know about:

-When you do special practice(fusing the same cards to make super idol) Which one you pick first matters.(your base card)So for example, you have 2 of the same N cards, but one is lvl 10 with 25 bond and one is lvl1 with 0 bond. If you pick the lvl 1 with 0 bond as the base card and pick lvl 10 one as the one getting fused, you will get lvl 1, with 0 bond super idol. But if you do it other way around, you get lvl 10, 25 bond super idol.

-when you lvl up card by feeding, make sure you feed the same color. They give you extra exp.

Ken

issAK0KO8fsJB.png

=u=

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1. well, as you probably know the max lvl is different from normal card and fused Supuer idol card. So with your lvl 6 card, you would still need to fuse with another same card again to get max lvl. So just keep the already fused Super idol and feed the lvl 6 one.

2. yes the only way to lvl up cards is by feeding other cards.

Also some thing people might not know about:

-When you do special practice(fusing the same cards to make super idol) Which one you pick first matters.(your base card)So for example, you have 2 of the same N cards, but one is lvl 10 with 25 bond and one is lvl1 with 0 bond. If you pick the lvl 1 with 0 bond as the base card and pick lvl 10 one as the one getting fused, you will get lvl 1, with 0 bond super idol. But if you do it other way around, you get lvl 10, 25 bond super idol.

-when you lvl up card by feeding, make sure you feed the same color. They give you extra exp.

Is it cheaper to level up from level 1 to max level, or is it easier to make my level 6 a super idol by feeding it my level 1 super idol? It just seems like having a head start seems to be a good advantage, but I'm not sure.

chrono01

Is it cheaper to level up from level 1 to max level, or is it easier to make my level 6 a super idol by feeding it my level 1 super idol? It just seems like having a head start seems to be a good advantage, but I'm not sure.
Yes, having the Super Idol at Level 6 would mean less XP to get it to maximum level, and thus, less cost.

Always fuse your base cards with a lower level into your higher level ones.

raven777

To be honest it doesn't really matter if you do it either way I think. I don't know exactly which way will cost less, but for me they are both insignificant.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I kind of wish this stuff was a little easier to figure out. Of course, since everything costs money, I'm afraid to actually try anything. lol

chrono01

To be honest it doesn't really matter if you do it either way I think. I don't know exactly which way will cost less, but for me they are both insignificant.
Sorry, I didn't know what firehawk12 meant.

If it's anything like P&D, you pay the same amount regardless of the level of the"fusion" material. The cost is based on the level of your selected card to upgrade, but the actual level of the fusion material shouldn't matter.

For instance, at Level 6 you might pay 500 Gold per card when Practicing, regardless of the level. At Level 7, the cost might increase to 700 Gold per card where, again, the level is irrelevant.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe this is the way it works.

raven777

I kind of wish this stuff was a little easier to figure out. Of course, since everything costs money, I'm afraid to actually try anything. lol

yea I don't think they did a good job on explaining things in the game. For the first month I was feeding different color cards and wasting the exp..

kiriin

The anime of the first season was pretty enjoyable to watch if you're interested. Glad it got a second season. As for the game I'll give a try later today.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sorry, I didn't know what firehawk12 meant.

If it's anything like P&D, you pay the same amount regardless of the level of the"fusion" material. The cost is based on the level of your selected card to upgrade, but the actual level of the fusion material shouldn't matter.

For instance, at Level 6 you might pay 500 Gold per card when Practicing, regardless of the level. At Level 7, the cost might increase to 700 Gold per card where, again, the level is irrelevant.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe this is the way it works.

Well, I just checked.

To fuse a super idol, it costs 6000GP.
So to get my level 6 to super idol, I would spend 6000GP.

To feed cards, it costs 1000GP. I get the feeling that I would need three or four cards to get my level 1 back to level 6... so I spend less GP, but I also lose more cards just to reach the same level.

So I really don't know. lol

----

Here's another question, can you quit a song without losing LP? Missing a combo early on kind of sucks, but wasting the LP seems to be worse.

chrono01

Well, I just checked.

To fuse a super idol, it costs 6000GP.
So to get my level 6 to super idol, I would spend 6000GP.

To feed cards, it costs 1000GP. I get the feeling that I would need three or four cards to get my level 1 back to level 6... so I spend less GP, but I also lose more cards just to reach the same level.

So I really don't know. lol

----

Here's another question, can you quit a song without losing LP? Missing a combo early on kind of sucks, but wasting the LP seems to be worse.
Honestly, Gold hasn't been difficult to come by yet and, even if it does, you can always sell some of your cards for a profit [I think it's 1000 Gold each]? I wouldn't worry about it.

As for LP, nope. Once you commit to a song, even if you quit, that LP is gone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly, Gold hasn't been difficult to come by yet and, even if it does, you can always sell some of your cards for a profit [I think it's 1000 Gold each]? I wouldn't worry about it.

As for LP, nope. Once you commit to a song, even if you quit, that LP is gone.
Hrm, when you sell dismiss idols, does that count as selling them?

Chariot

Jesus Christ, I am on a roll.
Got a R Maki while scouting and an UR Maki with a Honour Scouting Ticket. This Game knows my needs.

m0t0k1

Got a R Maki while scouting and an UR Maki with a Honour Scouting Ticket. This Game knows my needs.

There is like a 1% chance to get an UR and even a Maki you lucky basterd :p Also i only got 1 SR and the rest R never seen an UR in real life :( I am working on getting that SR Umi in the japanese event almost there still 600 points needed so about 3 songs on hard.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait, you can get Rare cards in the normal scouting using friend points? Is that just pure luck? I got normals when I pulled 20. :(

Also, with fusions, is there a reason why sometimes you get ones that are "Ultra Success" instead of just a normal Success? What are the conditions?

raven777

you have something I don't have from player 5 month and spending few hundred $. Envy you..

Wait, you can get Rare cards in the normal scouting using friend points? Is that just pure luck? I got normals when I pulled 20. :(

Also, with fusions, is there a reason why sometimes you get ones that are "Ultra Success" instead of just a normal Success? What are the conditions?

I think it's 5% chance or something? not sure exact percentage but yea you can get R cards from normal scouting.

Chariot

Oh, I didn't even grasp how lucky I got. I going to build a full Maki Team just in honour of LoveLiveGAF. In fact, I named my A Team now "Team GAF".

And man, this game is too addicting. I think "yeah, LP almost empty, after that song I can get some work done." PSYCH! Level up! Full LP again! :(
started playing

i'm terrible at rhythm games again jesus christ
You're going to be better the more you play. Just keep at it :)

m0t0k1

God damn!

I would consider spending money, but it's essentially 5 bucks to get one chance at an "honor student". Yeesh.

If you have more friend points you can do a 10 card draw. Out of those draws i guess you have a higher chance of getting a rare since you get 10. I did 3 draws with friend points last week since i havent been using them that much and got 2 rare's. But yeah i have been playing the japanese version for about 5 months now. So i got some friend points to burn. Now i am also building points up in the english version. Also you get a daily free draw and out of thos 5 months i also got about 5 rare's so someday you will get lucky :)

Jintor

Damnit this game is fun

addictive weird pokemon aspect of leveling up schoolgirls and changing their costumes to power up my rhythm game

ahhhhhhh

Okay I gotta read up how these card things work. ATM I'm combing dupes and burning extras to fuel the girls I like the look of. I feel like an evil school idol wizard or something

raven777

Does anyone know how many friend points you can have total?

I'd like to build up a bunch and then use them but dont want to have so much that I dont get anymore

I have seen people with 180k points saved. I assume you can at least go to 999k, if not higher.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I kind of like the progression more than Idolmaster, which just dumps you into the thing and doesn't really tell you what to do other than play the songs, but all the free to play stuff makes it hard to play.

And I'm not even talking about the cards (30 bucks to get 11 honor student rolls? God damn), but the fact that songs are gated behind levels and the ability to play songs is limited by a timer. You can't even consistently practice a song unless you pay, which feels antithetical to music games.

The other thing is that the scoring be based on your cards as well as your skill is weird too, because you don't know how much of it is because you didn't get 100% perfect and how much of it is because your cards are just too low level. Either way, I've full comboed songs on Normal and only have gotten B scores.

That said, the Love Live songs are either unbelievably catchy or I've heard them so many times that I just think that I like them even when I don't. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When you full combo a song but don't get an S, I assume you need to level your cards basically (if you're using the right type too)

and you all may know, but always try to full combo a song on hard because doing so gets you 1000 friend points the first time
Yeah, hard is impossible for me. I can finish the song, but there's always one part in each song that messes me up - usually the ones where you have to hold with one finger and tap with the other.
The fact that they take 15 LP and at level 18, I can only play one of those songs twice before I have to wait a few hours, is what makes me feel frustrated.
Of course, you could pay to refill your LP but come on...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol, as someone who isn't interested in pouring money into the game, I assume any pvp score battles are going to be pointless for me.

And I can finish the songs fine, but it's just one "Good" or "Miss" that screws up the combo and poof, the entire song is a waste and I can't play the game again for an hour until the LP charges up again. At least you get a refill when you level up, so you can try to time it so you get some extra plays.

I would rather pay 10 or 20 bucks for the game itself if it let me practice the songs like, well, Miku or Idolmaster or jubeat or any number of music games.

I do like the game, which is why it's frustrating that I can't play it without treating it like I'm feeding quarters into an arcade machine.

m0t0k1

I'm no good at rhythm games and could only do normal for a while, but can full combo most songs on hard I've unlocked in both versions except for Mermaid Festa and Wonderful Rush I think. So you should be able to do hard eventually and if you need to try Pure songs on hard at first using a Pure team since they have healing skills.

is there an event coming soon? the score matches are pretty fun

I think it takes time for them to do an score match because if they have the same ranking system like ending in the top 21.000 to get an sr card, because when i check the playstore this game only has about 1000 downloads guess we can unlock those cards pretty easy then lol speaking of which just unlocked this

screenshot_2014-05-14r5j45.gif

UMI daaaaa took then days of playing this game to finally get 25000 points just in time for the ending :lol

Also getting S-rank on easy should not be to hard try working on that people. This is a screenshot of my first song in the english version withouth any optimization of the idols. Only using a Red oriented team and almost got an A-rank i could probably S it now

screenshot_2014-05-13m0jjf.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Also getting S-rank on easy should not be to hard try working on that people. This is a screenshot of my first song in the english version withouth any optimization of the idols. Only using a Red oriented team and almost got an A-rank i could probably S it now

http://abload.de/img/screenshot_2014-05-13m0jjf.jpg

I assume you've been playing the game in Japanese for ages though? At best, I've only been able to play each song on Hard three or four times each.

Of course, maybe I just train rhythm games differently from most people. If I miss a note in any other game, I immediately restart the song and try again from the beginning.

m0t0k1

I assume you've been playing the game in Japanese for ages though? At best, I've only been able to play each song on Hard three or four times each.

Of course, maybe I just train rhythm games differently from most people. If I miss a note in any other game, I immediately restart the song and try again from the beginning.

I have been playing the japanese version for about 5 months now but i am not spending that much time on it as some other members lol just got rank 38. I usually play when there is an scoring event or other events. Helps boosting your stones and money big time. At first i could just complete normal barely. But getting better cards means getting a better life bar so i have more then double the life i had when i started. Also have a couple of greens in team so i can recover life if i have missed. So now i got much more life so i could try out the timing some more and got more skilled i can do all hard songs now but expert is still a bridge to far but i am getting good at hard because some of them i can now full combo. Also if you level you will get more LP i have about 45 LP now which means i can try to practice a hard level three times. Also restarting does not help if you miss a note you need to see the whole song to know when the tricky parts come up. for example i know by memory know some parts where i get to double press a middel and a left so i readjust my position to press the buttons.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have been playing the japanese version for about 5 months now but i am not spending that much time on it as some other members lol just got rank 38. I usually play when there is an scoring event or other events. Helps boosting your stones and money big time. At first i could just complete normal barely. But getting better cards means getting a better life bar so i have more then double the life i had when i started. Also have a couple of greens in team so i can recover life if i have missed. So now i got much more life so i could try out the timing some more and got more skilled i can do all hard songs now but expert is still a bridge to far but i am getting good at hard because some of them i can now full combo. Also if you level you will get more LP i have about 45 LP now which means i can try to practice a hard level three times. Also restarting does not help if you miss a note you need to see the whole song to know when the tricky parts come up. for example i know by memory know some parts where i get to double press a middel and a left so i readjust my position to press the buttons.

It goes back to how I trained Rock Band. Although that's a bit different because you could choose to train on specific sections as well. But when I was going for a FC in a song, if I missed a note at any point before the final verse, I'd just bail out because the entire run is a waste in my mind. But I guess it's because I prefer incremental practicing rather than practicing a full song. lol

So far I've never failed a song, and hard isn't really that "hard". I just miss a couple of notes, which brings down my overall score.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is there a way to disable the idol "animations" midsong? I've fucked up twice already in hard because the animation doesn't let me see where the beats are going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom