• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I pulled the same Rin card earlier. I like them all too, but I usually hate any character that constantly says the nyan crap. I am not a fan of it.

Astarte

Holy shit not another stamina based luck card system, I was a sucker for puzzles and dragons.
Is this show anything like idolm@ster or is it
better
?

chrono01

So is I worth pulling for rare cards now, or does the game have a "Godfest" of sorts similar to P&D? I have enough for two cards, but I'm not sure.

So who's the Makoto of the bunch here? and maybe this is a glitch, but when selecting the lead idol, why does it say all their birthdays are Feb 23rd?

raven777

So is I worth pulling for rare cards now, or does the game have a "Godfest" of sorts similar to P&D? I have enough for two cards, but I'm not sure.

if you have 50 love ca stones, you can do "pull 11 cards at once" thing where you get 11 cards for 50 love stones (where as you get 10 if you do one by one). There are periods where 11 card thing guarantees you at least 1 SR or higher, so you should save stones and use it during that period.

chrono01

if you have 50 love ca stones, you can do "pull 11 cards at once" thing where you get 11 cards for 50 love stones (where as you get 10 if you do one by one). There are periods where 11 card thing guarantees you at least 1 SR or higher, so you should save stones and use it during that period.
Thanks, it's much appreciated.

I don't have 50 Lovaca Stones yet, since I'm not interested in paying so early on, so I guess I'll just save them for later. I did get some voucher/ticket, though. I assume that's the same as having 5 Loveca Stones?

TheChaos0

This actually seems like a nice game, the songs seem catchy enough, the art is nice. Plays nice on my Nexus 4.

How many songs are there in total?

raven777

Small tip on choosing the starting card: If you don't have and particular character you like and purely wants the best card, choose Honoka. She has the best stats of the starting cards.

Small tip on choosing the starting card: If you don't have and particular character you like and purely wants the best card, choose Honoka. She has the best stats of the starting cards.
If you don't have a favorite. You don't believe in this part of town.

#teammaki

lls26.jpg

chrono01

I suspected this, which is why I went with her [she IS technically the real leader of u's, after all]. However, my favorite is Umi. Hopefully I can manage to obtain her card somehow.

This is probably a stupid question, but I assume the current UR/SR cards will remain in-game as more are added, right? Like, it's not a limited time offer or anything, and if you wait longer until more UR cards are added, the odds of yourself pulling a UR card should actually go up, shouldn't it [considering there's a larger pool to pick from]?

raven777

I suspected this, which is why I went with her [she IS technically the real leader of u's, after all]. However, my favorite is Umi. Hopefully I can manage to obtain her card somehow.

This is probably a stupid question, but I assume the current UR/SR cards will remain in-game as more are added, right? Like, it's not a limited time offer or anything, and if you wait longer until more UR cards are added, the odds of yourself pulling a UR card should actually go up, shouldn't it [considering there's a larger pool to pick from]?

yes the cards all stay in the pool. However, when the new cards come out, you have higher chance of getting the newer card than the older cards for a week(5 days). So when a UR or SR card you really want comes out, you have better chance of getting that UR during the release week than later.

chrono01

yes the cards all stay in the pool. However, when the new cards come out, you have higher chance of getting the newer card than the older cards for a week(5 days). So when a UR or SR card you really want comes out, you have better chance of getting that UR during the release week than later.
Thanks again for your help!

raven777

Thanks again for your help!

no problem!

Ways you can collect Love Gems:

1. daily log in bonus: around 4~5 per month

2. completing card's side story: To do this, you need at least 2 of the same cards. If you have 2 same cards, you can go to 'special practice' and merge those 2 cards get a higher card. Once you do that, you fill the 'bond' by playing the game with those cards. Once you fill the bond 100%, you unlock the side-story for that card and get 1 love gem.

3. Ranking A~S on daily songs: not sure if daily songs are updated in the English version

4. Clearing Hard songs 100 times: This takes long time. I still haven't done any of these

5. Participating on Events: There are 2 types of events, each about 10 days. I think the English version doesn't have any events yet.

6. Album Rewards: This is in the 'others' tap.

7. Buying them with real money

m0t0k1

Holy shit not another stamina based luck card system, I was a sucker for puzzles and dragons.
Is this show anything like idolm@ster or is it
better
?

I prefer Idolm@ster no question but only the original imas plus 2nd vision also very excited for the new imas game coming out this week. Don't care for all these million live and cinderella girls there are just to many now. I started to like love live a lot the only thing i am starting to dislike at the moment is all the yuri pondering in the anime not really a fan that.

This actually seems like a nice game, the songs seem catchy enough, the art is nice. Plays nice on my Nexus 4.

How many songs are there in total?

There are 35 songs to unlock by leveling up and 13 special songs that are usually used for contests.

That is because you can download a lot of extra songs for competitions and stuff. Also when you fill the bond meter of your idols you can unlock voiced text messages which takes up a lot of memory :p

I got the tutorial up and running, but after that it wanted me to download more stuff and my phone's memory got filled. Too bad you can't download the extra data to the SD card instead.

Oh, well...

m0t0k1

I got the tutorial up and running, but after that it wanted me to download more stuff and my phone's memory got filled. Too bad you can't download the extra data to the SD card instead.

Oh, well...

Aww that really is a bummer yeah after the initial stages game grew even bigger to about 310mb. I have a moto g the 8gb version and 5 of that is avaible with no external memory to add. 1gb is already taken for counting both the love live experiences. Got to sacrafice that data for your Idols i guess :(

chrono01

no problem!

Ways you can collect Love Gems:

1. daily log in bonus: around 4~5 per month

2. completing card's side story: To do this, you need at least 2 of the same cards. If you have 2 same cards, you can go to 'special practice' and merge those 2 cards get a higher card. Once you do that, you fill the 'bond' by playing the game with those cards. Once you fill the bond 100%, you unlock the side-story for that card and get 1 love gem.

3. Ranking A~S on daily songs: not sure if daily songs are updated in the English version

4. Clearing Hard songs 100 times: This takes long time. I still haven't done any of these

5. Participating on Events: There are 2 types of events, each about 10 days. I think the English version doesn't have any events yet.

6. Album Rewards: This is in the 'others' tap.

7. Buying them with real money
Thanks, I'll keep this in-mind.

Also, I couldn't resist and use my free ticket. I got that Umi card that I wanted, so I am happy. The rest of my Loveca Stones I'm saving, though, until I can manage 50 of them.

Chariot

Why do I get clones of the many girls and why can I let them absorb other clones to steal their smile? :(
And why is this so fun!?

m0t0k1

Why do I get clones of the many girls and why can I let them absorb other clones to steal their smile? :(
And why is this so fun!?

If you have two of the same you can evolve them to idol vorm just like pokemon :lol When you fill the bond meter( the flowery things) to the max you will unlock their side story when you play that sidestory you will get a free love stone and some money so it helps to max all their bonds. Also if two idols have the same power mostly rare or higher you can fuse them together to increase the power like 26% chance of getting score increase will get bigger sadly i havent tried it yet since i only have 2 rare cards in the english version atm. you absorb them to gain more points on your character. the higher the points the more easy it is to get higher ranks in the songs because the score is devided by your team power and how well you play. I got some full combo's but still C rank on the song that is where team vorming comes in when you have a red song use a red team to increase points and get a higher rank.

Chariot

I get the game mechanics, but I thinks its a bit weird, that I have to do human sacrifies to strenghen my Idols - that are clones anyway, as it seems. Its like Highlander, only with cute girls.
cannibalism is just another sad reality of the idol industry
So, thats what what "graduating" means D:

Just started this today and am ready to rock the world with Umi.
Been playing a shitton of Quiz RPG for the past few months so a change of pace from quiz-type IAP-collect-and-fuse-monsters to rhythm-type IAP-collect-and-fuse-idols is welcome.

you can't fuse 2 idol forms to some super idol eh?

So how do i unlock more story? Is it level based?

what time of the day does the clock reset for international? It's a bit annoying that all my f2p games have different clocks so i can't just login all of them at a time for daily rewards :(

Chariot

B-but ... ! ;___;
The alpaca is my favorite Waifu after Maki and Eli. Although the game gave me plenty of new cute girls. Hope they will appear in the show, if only as backgroud characters or rival Idolgroups.

chrono01

wonder if i can turn off the girls popping up when there skill happens. love me waifus but they really do mess up my flow.
Haha, I find it hilarious.

I'm in the middle of a song during hard, on a particularly fast/hectic section, and suddenly up pops Haruka, covering up all of the notes on-screen. I can't stay mad at her, though. She does try.

chrono01

Umi-chan confirmed to be the best.

Also, I just grabbed a Hanayo R from the regular Scouting. The original u's trio is complete!

I still desire more, though. MORE!

[I will restrain myself from using the Loveca Stones until I manage to get 50 of them.]

chrono01

This game. THIS GAME!

I keep checking in to see what my LP is just so I can do another song and try to rank up. I'm addicted. ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom