• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

I love how they actually announced and gave details about this Holiday 2017 console and Nintendo isn't saying SHIT about their March 2017 console this week.

RootCause

8 Cores
6 TFlops
320GB/s memory bandwidth
4K/VR Gaming
BC and forward compatible

FOWjPGc.jpg
What a beast! The biggest thing for me is that there won't be more generations. And older games will work on it. No more begging for bc.

Looking at my wallet, the best news of this is that they'll keep making games that the Xbox One will run even when Scorpio is around. I hope they deliver on that. I don't care for VR or 4k at all, so if I can stick to my current hardware for the next 5+ years I'm a happy bunny.

Bl@de

So 390X or something similar based on a new architecture (Polaris/Vega). Nice. Will get an Xbox next year to play all the Xbox games (never owned one and backwards compatibility is great).

I'd take the framerate over resolution but it seems fairly cool.

Does the scaleable stuff suggest that if we only had 1080p it'd just improve the fps/performance rather than downsampling?

They sold that really well. It could have been a tricky thing to explain why it is good to have an extra console in their family. But I think they nailed it.

Well done Spencer.

Mash83

Killer conference. As a Playstation guy I'm really interested in how sony will respond. Better step it up Sony!

Sony's going back to the drawing board for sure. I can't wait to see what they end up coming out with. I love the all-in play by Microsoft though. The One S and the likely expensive Scorpio are really compelling.

Nzyme32

Fallout 4 was announced with this - in VR

It was announced in the Bethesda Conference for Vive - so no Xbox Scorpio is also confirmed - chances are the next PS console will also have it when that gets announced if it has the power

That is powerful...for 2017....I would rather wait until 2019 and get something that is a bigger leap to be honest. I don't really feel this gen has even reached mid point yet.

Launching a console without showing the console. 16 months before release?

That's one way to do it. This is a huge win, or a massive fuck up. I'm going with option two.

Edit: lol, clearly I meant option two not one. I'm not that crazy.

GHG

So here's the plan.

Sell my Xbox One, play everything on the PC in the meantime and see if this bad boy is worth the asking price at the time of launch.

J-Skee

That was the most positive reception you could get for a console like that. And they got ahead of Sony. Really interesting to see how they handle the Neo when they finally decide to show it off.

Only thing that surprises me is that they talked that much about VR but didn't announce an Oculus partnership, because I really don't see MS coming out with their own headset, and I don't know who else they'd partner with for that.

etking

Banned
I guess it will be quite expensive because of the dedicated GPU that was shown for a second. It will not just have an APU and Sony needs to upgrade the PS4 Neo now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom