• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCX

DCX
Dayum!! The of true next gen , full HD/4K and VR @60fps?!?!?! Is this real life?

Sony needs to respond.

DCX

ironcreed

Banned
By early 2018 I think I'll be ready, so the timing is not too bad. I have come around on the idea of picking up the beast and will still have time to enjoy my Xbox One.

odhiex

Very odd way to announce your new console for Holiday next year.

At the end of the show, with tiny details. All in all, I can't wait to see.

I cant help but think if you care that much about these specs, just get a gaming PC. All the games seems supported by it. At least Sony has the odd exclusive you might want.

DavidDesu

Like the confirmation of everything compatible across systems including peripherals.. nice.. ok so I might buy an Xbox again, someday.

Unless Sony can at least come close to this with Neo and of course PS5 to leapfrog Scorpio someday..

Still, well played, not much on the game front all that appealing to me personally though.

offshore

Cross positing from the E3 thread, but that's a serious tf leap for cross compatibility... surely it would be easier/better just to start a new generation.

The difference between XB1 and Scorpio games will be immense. What's the point?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm kind of surprised they announced it. I mean if the Xbox One S was priced reasonably in the UK then I was thinking I'd probably buy it but with the Scorpio confirmed, it might be better to just wait? It does sound like a beastly machine though.

Daft Punk

Banned
I love how they actually announced and gave details about this Holiday 2017 console and Nintendo isn't saying SHIT about their March 2017 console this week.

Because if NX is truly going to be a hybrid between console and handheld, why would you announce it at E3 instead of at TGS in your strongest territory? Makes perfect sense why Nintendo is mum. As for Scorpio, this just makes the mystery surrounding PS4 Neo that much greater. We know it's coming. Only question is, do they stay the course or do they try to match Scorpio or get close to it?

BahamutPT

I don't see the point in buying an Xbox One S then.
If they discontinued the original Xbox One it would make sense... but this way it's better to buy a cheap original Xbox One now if you really want to play all the current games and then upgrade to a Scorpio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom