• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a bug for blood moons to happen so often? Multiple times I've had two blood moons occur literally within 5 seconds of each other. And three blood moons occur within 5 minutes.

random25

I spent an hour looking for a heart in the sky. Feel so stupid when I figured it out.

I actually discovered the shrine before I discovered the heart. Same with the bird that swallowed something big.

Is it a bug for blood moons to happen so often? Multiple times I've had two blood moons occur literally within 5 seconds of each other. And three blood moons occur within 5 minutes.

Supposedly yes. Resetting the game (or system?) fixes that one apparently.

atr0cious

Doesn't exiting and restarting the game do the same thing? It's apparently a bug that happens when you put the game in sleep mode too much.
Don't have a switch, so I wouldn't know, just seen many times that power down was the solution. They drove Jobbs crazy, so I'm just doing my part to prevent that experience for anyone else.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if the Japanese text has furigana? I want to brush up on my Kanji, and I've always found that a good tool.

watershed

Banned
In my experience Lynels will just look at me from a distance if I both keep my distance and don't have a weapon out. I was toying with one that ended up kicking my ass. I looked at it and it looked at me for like a minute. But the second I took out my bow, before even aiming, it went aggressive and started to shoot at me.

Kebiinu

Banned
Over 70 hours, one dungeon down, 51 shrines, and 130 Korok Seeds. The exploration in this game is second to none, honestly. I just look at my map for any interesting looking spots, then I make my way there, getting distracted along the way. Often I forget what I was even doing in the first place. There's just soooo much to explore, and I honestly enjoy the korok seeds as collectibles; inventory is odee important in this game, so it helps to collect as many seeds as you can. Due to this, it's easy to feel like you're making progress, no matter what you're doing. Collecting seeds, mining ore, discovering enemy camps, finding shrines...its all satisfying.

I could go on and on, but this game is just that fucking game.

atr0cious

In my experience Lynels will just look at me from a distance if I both keep my distance and don't have a weapon out. I was toying with one that ended up kicking my ass. I looked at it and it looked at me for like a minute. But the second I took out my bow, before even aiming, it went aggressive and started to shoot at me.
They have to start the engagement, pull their melee weapon, before you do. They will even wait for you to pull out yours up until a certain distance. But if you approach weapons drawn, prepare to get lit up.

I am ending the night with 82 shrines complete. One in snowy mountains in upper left quadrant escapes me. I hear beeping but see no shrine. Must be a puzzle I'm missing.

Going to shoot to complete ten shrines every day this week so I can put that behind me and finally get to Ganon by this weekend.

Malus

I really enjoy finding the inconspicuously placed lost memories while randomly exploring. Just found the 2nd to last one I need a short glide away from an area I visited 100 hours ago.

Recently I've been using horses more for the fun of it. Rode one around Hyrule for like 20-30 minutes following the laid out path. Very relaxing. Especially with the little theme playing which I quite like.

does anyone know how to get this treasure chest
45EZ00e.jpg

Crayolan

does anyone know how to get this treasure chest
45EZ00e.jpg

Hint:
Think about where the room is relative to the beast.

Solution:
You have to enter that room from the other side. The other side is on the beast's belly. Turn it to the side and glide down to the belly from outside.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
From Reddit (commentary on Lynel AI):

Anyone else experience anything like this? They always seem to attack me right away.

The first time I ever ran into a lynel, I just got done watching a memory
near mt lanaryu
and I decided to continue forward because why not, and then i saw it, he looked bigger than any enemy I saw up til that point besides the moblin bosses, and he was just there, and almost as soon as i noticed him, he noticed me, and we just stared at eachother.
I was ontop of my horse, at this point I was thinking "maybe I can take him, ive got some upgrades(waaaay less than I do now)" So I got down from my horse and I took out my weapon while still staring at him, and then a few seconds later he also unsheathed his weapon and nothing more, just continued staring at me.
At this point I realized this was a badass enemy, so I charged at him....and he charged at me.......I dont remember anything else, I was dead.

I fucking love lynels.

If you keep running low on arrows: I just revisited the road to Zora's Domain (this time going backwards) and ended up with 150+ arrows. The Lizalfos there kept dropping 5x arrow bundles like candy.

Chiramii

Does anyone know where I should go with the
Classified Envelope
? You get it by finishing the
Hyrule Compendium

correojon

Around 120 hours played, 114 Shrines found, 240 Korok seeds, all memories, all Divine Beasts, close to 60 Side Quests done. I´m still missing one Great Fairy
(the horse one)
and want to upgrade the Champion´s tunic and the climber set to max before facing Ganon (already upgraded the rest). Speaking of which, any strategies to get Farosh horns? He´s always too high above and I can´t hit him in the head.

I got a bunch of side quests done yesterday and found some cool quests with cool rewards, like
the Goron endurance test, the girl in the beach who wanted to see Guardians or the Desert and Snow boots sidequests
. Finished my gaming session with an awesome fight against a spear wielding Silver Lynel and managed to kill it in less than 3 minutes using an attack boost from food. The fight was pretty cool, I used all kind of basic combat techniques: parrying, flurry attacks, headshots, charge attacks nad mounting attack and I managed to beat it without taking a hit.

I´ve seen people saying spears are the worst weapons in the game, well, I strongly disagree: spears have amazing range (enemies with swords, clubs, boomerangs, etc... become a joke), are the best weapon to be thrown and are fast as lightning, so in the time you hit once with a +70 axe you can get 4 or 5 hits of a +20 spear, easily overpowering the axe´s damage output. Also, as they´re much faster it´s easier to recover from hits so you can always squeeze in 1 or 2 extra hits and still have time to set up a parry or flurry attack. With an attack buff and a +38 Royal Spear I got rid of the aforementioned Silver Lynel surprisingly quickly, while still being able to react to all it´s attacks thanks to the spear´s speed.

Has anyone tried to follow one of those V flying bird formations? I saw one flying to the north and thought it was a nice touch, but then it crossed paths with another one flying to the East and thought that there may be something behind that. Unfortunately my atention was required somewhere else so I couldn´t follow it, but I intend to do it today unless someone has already done so and says it´s not worth it. I´m secretly hoping they´ll guide me to one of the 6 Shrines I´m missing.

Does anyone actually finish this game without any internet help? Right now I need to go to death mountain, but I have no idea how to stand the heat. Soo I could google it, but what is my other option? Turn every rock in the world?

random25

I´ve seen people saying spears are the worst weapons in the game, well, I strongly disagree: spears have amazing range (enemies with swords, clubs, boomerangs, etc... become a joke), are the best weapon to be thrown and are fast as lightning, so in the time you hit once with a +70 axe you can get 4 or 5 hits of a +20 spear, easily overpowering the axe´s damage output. Also, as they´re much faster it´s easier to recover from hits so you can always squeeze in 1 or 2 extra hits and still have time to set up a parry or flurry attack. With an attack buff and a +38 Royal Spear I got rid of the aforementioned Silver Lynel surprisingly quickly, while still being able to react to all it´s attacks thanks to the spear´s speed.

Spears are the best weapons in the game. Great range, more total damage output because it can do a 5 hit combo and it can stagger just about everybody per hit (except the tough cookies like bosses and lynels) that it's almost impossible to get countered against. The only disadvantages of spears are its low durability and its hitbox is unidirectional. Great to use on horseback too.

Does anyone actually finish this game without any internet help? Right now I need to go to death mountain, but I have no idea how to stand the heat. Soo I could google it, but what is my other option? Turn every rock in the world?

Visit a stable nearby. Every stable gives you tips on things.

Crayolan

When I wanted to go to death mountain, my idea was to go around the perimeter of the base of the mountain to see if I could find any hints on how to approach the area. Eventually, I found an NPC which helped me out.

Burny

Mounted combat as in "Clubbing down animate Moblin skeletons while riding on a bear" is heavy metal af. ^^

Completed three shrines, how do I access the shrine in the cold area?

At the entrances of the frozen area you'll find chili. Cook spicey food with some of them to get limited cold resistance or find the old man at night in the forest and solve his cooking riddle to get warm clothes instead. Or simply keep eating to have your life refilled, but that's waste of food.

Red

Completed three shrines, how do I access the shrine in the cold area?
Are you still on the plateau? You walk to it, same as all the others. You'll have to eat food to recover health unless you figure out a way to stay warm. There are several options.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
At the entrances of the frozen area you'll find chili. Cook spicey food with some of them to get limited cold resistance or find the old man at night in the forest and solve his cooking riddle to get warm clothes instead. Or simply keep eating to have your life refilled, but that's waste of food.

Are you still on the plateau? You walk to it, same as all the others. You'll have to eat food to recover health unless you figure out a way to stay warm. There are several options.
Damnit haha. I guess I'll eat food to reach there.

-MD-

I just made an elixir so I wouldn't burn and ran around until I found what I needed.

Speaking of looking things up though, what are you supposed to do with the little circles with dots in the center that are scattered around Death Mountain? I assume those are seeds but haven't found out how to activate them.

mrkgoo

Around 120 hours played, 114 Shrines found, 240 Korok seeds, all memories, all Divine Beasts, close to 60 Side Quests done. I´m still missing one Great Fairy
(the horse one)
and want to upgrade the Champion´s tunic and the climber set to max before facing Ganon (already upgraded the rest). Speaking of which, any strategies to get Farosh horns? He´s always too high above and I can´t hit him in the head.

I got a bunch of side quests done yesterday and found some cool quests with cool rewards, like
the Goron endurance test, the girl in the beach who wanted to see Guardians or the Desert and Snow boots sidequests
. Finished my gaming session with an awesome fight against a spear wielding Silver Lynel and managed to kill it in less than 3 minutes using an attack boost from food. The fight was pretty cool, I used all kind of basic combat techniques: parrying, flurry attacks, headshots, charge attacks nad mounting attack and I managed to beat it without taking a hit.

Has anyone tried to follow one of those V flying bird formations? I saw one flying to the north and thought it was a nice touch, but then it crossed paths with another one flying to the East and thought that there may be something behind that. Unfortunately my atention was required somewhere else so I couldn´t follow it, but I intend to do it today unless someone has already done so and says it´s not worth it. I´m secretly hoping they´ll guide me to one of the 6 Shrines I´m missing.

For Farosh's horns, I was just learning about what to do with dragons, and I knew I could get a scale from Farosh at Lake Hylia by jumping from one of the bridge arches.

Didn't think I'd do so well trying to get the horns, so I decided to forget about it for a while and explore some untrodden territory. This lead me to explore a hollow that was nearby. Following a shrine sensor, I ended up in the SE jungle area and on a platform fighting a LYnel, before discovering the shrine I was hunting behind a waterfall. at the top of that water fall was a spring, and damn, there was like half a dozen chests in it. Spent a while drudging those up, when it started raining and out of nowhere FAROSH comes out of the spring,and I'm all like WTF....

ended up standing on one of the lower parts near the waterfall camping for several days to get those horn shards.....

Man, what an adventure.

I just made an elixir so I wouldn't burn and ran around until I found what I needed.

Speaking of looking things up though, what are you supposed to do with the little circles with dots in the center that are scattered around Death Mountain? I assume those are seeds but haven't found out how to activate them.

I spoke to a woman at the stable near the base of the Death mountain hiking trail, who warned me I'd need three of her elixirs. I bought them and did the trail. I had 1 minute left as I entered Goron City, and the shrine sensor was alerting me and I made a mad dash through the city to get to the shrine to activate the warp point, lol.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think he/she's making up stories. I know they look where they think they heard or saw something. But looking at you and doing nothing? Lol cmon. Never happened to me. And I've been to that same area and 3 other areas where I've seen them and they all act the same.

My very first lynel encounter he just looked at me and didnt react until i took the initiative.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just finished the Plateau region. Randomly climbing a mountain to a shrine has to be the best moment for me in the game so far.

I think he/she's making up stories. I know they look where they think they heard or saw something. But looking at you and doing nothing? Lol cmon. Never happened to me. And I've been to that same area and 3 other areas where I've seen them and they all act the same.

They're not making it up, because a similar thing has happened to me more than once. Also, Andre Segers and Lucas Thomas talked about this on a GameXplain BotW video preview a week before the game came out.

correojon

For Farosh's horns, I was just learning about what to do with dragons, and I knew I could get a scale from Farosh at Lake Hylia by jumping from one of the bridge arches.

Didn't think I'd do so well trying to get the horns, so I decided to forget about it for a while and explore some untrodden territory. This lead me to explore a hollow that was nearby. Following a shrine sensor, I ended up in the SE jungle area and on a platform fighting a LYnel, before discovering the shrine I was hunting behind a waterfall. at the top of that water fall was a spring, and damn, there was like half a dozen chests in it. Spent a while drudging those up, when it started raining and out of nowhere FAROSH comes out of the spring,and I'm all like WTF....

ended up standing on one of the lower parts near the waterfall camping for several days to get those horn shards.....

Man, what an adventure.

I spoke to a woman at the stable near the base of the Death mountain hiking trail, who warned me I'd need three of her elixirs. I bought them and did the trail. I had 1 minute left as I entered Goron City, and the shrine sensor was alerting me and I made a mad dash through the city to get to the shrine to activate the warp point, lol.
Cool story, it´s always awesome when you´re minding your stuff, exploring and such and suddenly you hear a strange music, see some strong wind gusts, turn around and find a big ass dragon flying just next yo you. Happened to me with Elden and the blue one, but never with Farosh, he always seems to keep his distance :( I´ll try checking that place you say, I think I know where it is. Thanks!

I´ve beaten more than 10 Lynels and I almost always start the fights the same way: by running straight at them. They always stand still looking at me and when I take out my weapon they do too. He´s not making anything up.

spock

In my first and only encounter he just stared at me for a good amount of time, to the point I wasn't sure if he was friend or foe initially, till I moved closer...

Not true at all.
I've had at least 2 lynels watch me closely and did nothing until i took out my weapon.
First encounter he basically just watched me and walked near me carefully as i was doing the same, the second i took out my bow he started to attack.
I've also ran into them with weapons out and once i got close enough they started attacking straight away.

Giever

So I'm missing all of the mid-tier Lynel weapons from my Compendium. Obviously I can just buy the pictures, but I'd rather take them myself (and also at least get the items once, since some of them I haven't). Problem being, pretty much every Lynel I run into now is silver.

Am I screwed out of running into Red/Blue/White Lynels? Is there any place they consistently spawn? Will they never spawn anymore, or is it just more rare? Thanks if anyone has any info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom