• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Just beat it. I'm in awe. Loved the last boss fight. This is one of the all time greats. It's a masterpiece. I'm staring at the title screen just wishing I could wipe my experience and go it again from scratch.

How do I activate the quest to get the ball at Kakariko village?? I have 105 shrines but im missing whatevers in the desert, central hyrule, the
bloodmoon
shrine, and this kakariko shrine.

Thud

They control fine for me. The control is basically on where the sand seal will head to, not Link's swinging at the back. My complaint about them is their speed and dash, since they seem to slow down at not-so-regular intervals.

I think the slowdown is deliberately done just like the paraglider. It's not really snappy enough to make quick turns and to slow to gain much momentum.

Beautiful animated creatures, but nobody rides them :p.

I've been playing this game for almost two and a half weeks. I'm at over 105 hours and I'm dreading starting the final Divine Beast
in Gerudo
because I just don't want this experience to end. I really hope the DLC delivers more greatness on par with the main game.

I beat all four Devine beasts and have been exploring for the past 25 hrs . Go for it. You'll be fine. I have yet to see a point of no return even getting close to Hyrule Castle.

random25

I think the slowdown is deliberately done just like the paraglider. It's not really snappy enough to make quick turns and to slow to gain much momentum.

Beautiful animated creatures, but nobody rides them :p.

There's one time I dash and it dashed like forever. Then there's one time I made it dash and it only sped up for a second before slowing down lol. It's probably because of sand slopes, but it's hard to see when on top view.

I've been playing this game for almost two and a half weeks. I'm at over 105 hours and I'm dreading starting the final Divine Beast
in Gerudo
because I just don't want this experience to end. I really hope the DLC delivers more greatness on par with the main game.

I didn't use the run button for the last few hours because I wanted to prolong this game as long as I could. Now that I've finished the last dungeon I have this weird anxiety :/

atr0cious

I didn't use the run button for the last few hours because I wanted to prolong this game as long as I could. Now that I've finished the last dungeon I have this weird anxiety :/
I'm only half way through the map (no story) with 80 hours played and I'm already feeling this. Don't want it to end.

Rainy

Banned
Just beat the
Rito Village main quest. I felt it was much easier than the Gerudo one. I'm pretty sure I didn't do them in the order intended. Went Zora --> Gerudo --> Rito. Oh well, I enjoyed it!

Why are all the kids so cute in this game?

vypek

Peléo;232398961 said:
Has anyone else tried to talk to shopkeepers/innkepeer while standing on their table at Tarrey Town? Their reactions are really funny.
Gonna give this a try when I play again. The archer loving shopkeeper seems like someone that could have a different line.

Just beat the
Rito Village main quest. I felt it was much easier than the Gerudo one. I'm pretty sure I didn't do them in the order intended. Went Zora --> Gerudo --> Rito. Oh well, I enjoyed it!

Why are all the kids so cute in this game?
Yeah the kids are pretty adorable running around.

I wish Link would do the Bolson dance the little girl shows you. It would be pretty funny.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
From Reddit (commentary on Lynel AI):

[Lynels are] somewhat smarter than just that, they'll keep in mind where they thought they saw something and will figure out things like sniping spots or where a bomb rolled from, if they manage to figure out where you are, sometimes they just keep an eye on you, and sometimes they realise that they can fire upwards to rain shock arrows on you from behind cover.

On my way up Mt Lanayru I snuck past a Lynel, and whenever I checked to make sure it hadn't aggroed me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. it was just... staring. Directly at me.

Then when I got past it, and got distracted by some stalbokoblins that had just spawned. BAM! Lynel in my face! Motherfucker had been waiting for the perfect time to strike.

One painful floor tasting later, I decided to wait until morning so the stalbokoblins wouldn't result in my death again. After sneaking past, I decided to take a photo of him. The moment it realised I was distracted with the camera it started attacking >_>

Lynels are fucking smart, and fucking terrifying.

Anyone else experience anything like this? They always seem to attack me right away.

vypek

Anyone else experience anything like this? They always seem to attack me right away.

I only met one Lynel unintentionally. It was just a all out fight right away. I did do a Rito jump and the Lynel took the time to do a raining shock arrow due to the distance I was. And when I was approaching one I did notice that it kept an eye on where it thought I was. So I whistled it over so I could attack it

Also...I'm tired of Lynels lol. I can't stop farming though

random25

The one where it shot the arrow upwards, yeah I experienced that. My first Lynel encounter did that. In the coliseum, it saw me and it just stared and not move. I hid behind the wall and it still stared at my direction. I waited out not doing anything, then it started aiming upward. I thought "like you can hit me with that" them bam! I died from a shock arrow from the heavens.

I'm only half way through the map (no story) with 80 hours played and I'm already feeling this. Don't want it to end.

I dont know if I'll 100% it but I still have so much world left to explore. I have about 5 memories left to get. I'm thinking I'll get a memory every few hours or so instead of binging them all at once. I want to savor these.

Clocked in at 110+ hours so far.

Is the knight shield the best thing S
elmie
gives you?

Not sure, I haven't passed the first route yet :/

Thud

Ha now that quest pissed me off. I was looking around
even saw the sword which is key for the continuation for the snow boots. Had not crossed me mind that the statue was not in a snowy area. The worst thing that had me face palming is that the statue outline is clearly on the map haha.

Thought the sword might have dropped from the statue, so I went down the hill lol. Took me a long ass time to get to the sword. A lynel sniped me while I was dealing lizards. His rainmaker shot is deadly accurate as well.
What's up with the quest tho? Did she side with Yiga?

There's one time I dash and it dashed like forever. Then there's one time I made it dash and it only sped up for a second before slowing down lol. It's probably because of sand slopes, but it's hard to see when on top view.

They just go straight. They don't follow the sand slopes. What makes the divine beast sequence so awkward is
two sand seals in a storm chasing a camel within a confined space

Crayolan

Lynels have great programming. I love that you must remain unarmed while approaching or they'll shoot you.

That's a trick. When she
asks what shield boarding means to you, shrug.

You can pass the beginner course if you get under 45 seconds. It's just really tough. I had several attempts where I was milliseconds off before I finally got it.

The advanced course's time limit is much more lenient.

CyReN

I got the Flameblade and Frostblade to help with hot/cold weather. Does the Thunderblade do anything to help protect me? Hope this is the right area.

kunonabi

Finished
Gerudo

...Did Nintendo just not bother with the other Divine Beast quests or run of out time or something?

Gerudo
is the only one that almost feels fleshed out with a beginning, middle, and end. The dungeon still suffers from the same core problems as the other ones but at least it has a second layer to the puzzles that builds off what the shrines in the region had introduced. It's still overly simple and obvious once you get it going but at least it shows some effort on their part. Even the boss is less of an embarrassment than the other two I've taken on.

Gerudo
is easily the best area of the game so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it had the least shitty beast.

Well back to shrine hunting. Only 15 more to go.

jepense

I was planning on completing the fourth beast yesterday. I was just going to complete one easy sidequest before that. But then a kid wanted me to follow him and that lead to a cool shrine quest. Doing that I found enough lizards to upgrade all my climbing gear to two stars for the set bonus. I decided to do that near
Tarry Town
, and figured I'd pay them a visit. Well, I got the next part of that quest, and knew who to go to, so I went there. And there was another kid missing, so I went to search for her, and she had a cool shrine quest involving music and cooking. And so on... I never got that beast. I love this game!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Are there hints in the game as to where the fairy fountains are or do you generally just...stumble upon them?

I found the first two fairly easily on my own by spotting them from high places but I dunno if that's the case for all of them.

Are there hints in the game as to where the fairy fountains are or do you generally just...stumble upon them?

I found the first two fairly easily on my own by spotting them from high places but I dunno if that's the case for all of them.

I've only found one so far, but the painter in Kakariko Village will point you towards one from there.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Ha now that quest pissed me off. I was looking around
even saw the sword which is key for the continuation for the snow boots. Had not crossed me mind that the statue was not in a snowy area. The worst thing that had me face palming is that the statue outline is clearly on the map haha.

There are
SAND BOOTS?

I know the Gerdudo's acting princess' seal mentioned them but I don't know where on earth to start looking.

I've only found one so far, but the painter in Kakariko Village will point you towards one from there.

That one I actually found on my own from spotting it atop a nearby mountain. The painter told me about it after the fact.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I think I asked this before but I never really got a straight answer. I mistakenly stumbled upon the master sword in the game, but if I hadn't found it, who in the game would have told me its location? Would Impa have told me after I finished all the divine beasts?

En-ou

71? Man I was a little over 115 hours with 40 shrines and one dungeon finished.
115? Cute. I'm 175+ with one beast, 40 shrines and 150 koroks. I have not fully explored one province yet but I've done a lot of exploring and playing in the world. This is the game for me.

En-ou

I think I asked this before but I never really got a straight answer. I mistakenly stumbled upon the master sword in the game, but if I hadn't found it, who in the game would have told me its location? Would Impa have told me after I finished all the divine beasts?
Certain characters you meet allude to it's general location.

vareon

Some NPC in stables talk about "Legendary Sword in the forest". It's not hard to figure out what forest if you have the map of the area.

Crayolan

Tons of NPCs in the game hint at its location, including the chiefs of the villages for each of the main races while on each divine beast quest. No one ever explicitly says "it's here, go get it."

Rainy

Banned

I've found 3 so far. They were all near other landmarks and not too hard to spot.

random25

One of the remaining three is actually tied into a side quest, kind of like the painter one, so at minimum you'll get to know about two great fairy locations.

The other one I believe is given as a clue from stables. The last one can be indirectly discovered because a side quest location of different purpose has the great fairy in there.

1upsuper

After getting to play BotW every day for a while I think I'm suffering withdrawals now that I'm not able to play for several more days.

I still cannot stop gushing about this game to people. I know it's going to end up alongside Super Mario 64 as a game I return to all the time just to dick around in. It just feels so fun to play and there's so much to do, whether you want to play leisurely or efficiently.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
For whatever reason the
Tabantha region
fairy was the hardest for me to find. It's one of the very few things in the game I went and looked up because I thought I had looked everywhere. It was
in plain sight and really easy to find... how did I miss it?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could h=just take a week off of work to play this game non-stop.

I keep climbing mountains and gliding to far-a-way places, must upgrade my stamina gauge more.

14 Shrines finished, also I've found around 20 Korok seeds too.

I'm around 30 hours now.

Probably a dumb question, but does all armor, once upgraded, amount to the same level of defense?

So far I've found the the knight armor, the ancient armor, and the champion tunic have higher defense than normal. And the sheikah armor has lower defense than normal. There might be more, but that's all I've found so far.

Draper

You mean the defense stat? Most share the same amount of defense. Only a few exceptions offer better defensive stat.

So far I've found the the knight armor, the ancient armor, and the champion tunic have higher defense than normal. And the sheikah armor has lower defense than normal. There might be more, but that's all I've found so far.

Gotcha. So far I've only maxed out the Hylian tunic, and I'm pretty partial to the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom