• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Any tips on getting the good stuff with the Zelda Amiibo's? I've got Archer Link, Rider Link, Smash Bros Link that I've scanned everyday since the game came out and all I've gotten is Epona (admittedly very cool) and Twilight Trousers. Everything else has been arrows, shields, etc.

I know it's "random" but god damn I feel like my luck has been bad.

DrArchon

Any tips on getting the good stuff with the Zelda Amiibo's? I've got Archer Link, Rider Link, Smash Bros Link that I've scanned everyday since the game came out and all I've gotten is Epona (admittedly very cool) and Twilight Trousers. Everything else has been arrows, shields, etc.

I know it's "random" but god damn I feel like my luck has been bad.

General gameplay for getting amiibo exclusives.

1: Save the game
2: Scan amiibo
3: Did you get what you want? If no, load the save game and return to step 2.

This doesn't mean that you won't necessarily waste a huge amount of time. I spent almost an hour yesterday scanning and rescanning my Smash Zelda amiibo for a Twilight Bow. All of that stuff is really rare. But, scanning more than once a day counts for something.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Oh good. Hopefully it doesn't get this painful anywhere else. I haven't seen a framerate this bad in a long time. Thankfully this is the exception and not the rule so far. Good thing this game is totally awesome regardless because I wouldn't cut many games slack for this at all. :eek:

Yeah. I'm over 60 hours, beat the game etc. and that's the worst frame rate area. There are other times it drops just as bad, but not for such a sustained amount of time nor in a whole larger area. Other spots that bad were just small dense forests, certain areas in some villages where it drops for a bit and bounces back. Unlike there where it's just awful the whole time you're there.

muteki

Finished the Zora stuff over weekend, sans a few side quests. The shrine there is bullshit or I'm missing the point completely. The whole dungeon played out better than I expected and while it was a bit small there were a few surprises there that I thought were neat, even though I'm not too clear on the rewards yet. Looking forward to the others.

Afterwards I just started running around and kinda went on a tower binge and got just about the whole eastern half of the map filled in. I haven't really felt like I've needed more than my +3 stamina, but trying to climb with the Guardians lazoring you constantly was probably the biggest challenge.

I feel like I was really progressing for a while there but after not finding any more armor upgrades for a while and the new armor I've obtained being weaker...that and weapons still ranging in the 20-30 range I feel like I've really stagnated. I'm hoping this changes next city though. I'm currently content just activating shrines and coming back to them later. A few less-than-fun ones recently have kinda put me off them for a while.

DrArchon

Finished the Zora stuff over weekend, sans a few side quests. The shrine there is bullshit or I'm missing the point completely.

Which one is giving you trouble? I had one that gave me a ton of trouble until I realized that I had the right idea at first, I was just doing it wrong.

Jolkien

Is the armor set spoiler
Guardian armor set
worth it ? I wonder if I should spring for it I'm at 98/120 Shrine so I wonder if I should just wait for the tunic or not.

Kworn

Banned
How do you activate your amiibo?

I have managed to enable it in setting but nothing is happening.

I am using the zelda amiibo

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
How do you activate your amiibo?

I have managed to enable it in setting but nothing is happening.

I am using the zelda amiibo

Select the rune, press L to aim the cursor then scan the Amiibo.

Assuming you've registered the Amiibo to the Switch (or Wii U or 3DS) to activate it in the past of course.

DrArchon

Is the armor set spoiler
Guardian armor set
worth it ? I wonder if I should spring for it I'm at 98/120 Shrine so I wonder if I should just wait for the tunic or not.

It
reduces the amount of damage guardians deal to you
. At level 2, the set bonus
boosts the damage your guardian weapons do
I think. Could be wrong on that one.

It's not needed if you're good at avoiding damage, but it's not like there's much else to spend those parts on. It's 100% an "end of the game luxury item" though. I personally have 0 problem with those enemies, so I don't see a need for it.

muteki

Which one is giving you trouble? I had one that gave me a ton of trouble until I realized that I had the right idea at first, I was just doing it wrong.

In the center of the domain/under the throne room.

I am admittedly pretty dense when it comes to using stasis, but the most I can manage is stasis-bombing the ball along the elevated walkway/wall down to the area where you start, then attempting to knock it along the edge of the waterfall over into the hole.

After dropping it over the edge and having to repeat it several times I just figured I would come back with something that lets me move heavy stuff easier, which may or may not exist.

I think I could solve it this way with enough trial/error just got sick of it at the time.

Macka

What the hell do I have to do to not burst into flames on Death Mountain? I have the
Gerudo clothes which apparently give me heat resistance
, I drank a heat resistance potion and I'm holding a freaking Blizzard Rod. Still spontaneously combusting.

What the hell do I have to do to not burst into flames on Death Mountain? I have the
, I drank a heat resistance potion and I'm holding a freaking Blizzard Rod. Still spontaneously combusting.

You need fire proof elixirs which you can buy from someone at the stable near death mountain

DrArchon

In the center of the domain/under the throne room.

I am admittedly pretty dense when it comes to using stasis, but the most I can manage is stasis-bombing the ball along the elevated walkway/wall down to the area where you start, then attempting to knock it along the edge of the waterfall over into the hole.

After dropping it over the edge and having to repeat it several times I just figured I would come back with something that lets me move heavy stuff easier, which may or may not exist.

I think I could solve it this way with enough trial/error just got sick of it at the time.

Oh that one. I
gingerly sailed in down the ramp, stopping it from gaining too much speed with liberal Cryosis blocks. Then I stopped it right at the edge with Stasis and nudged it along to the goal.

Thud

You need flame resistance not heat resistsnce.

Still can't find a good and complete recipe online.

Also, what's the effect of defense up? It's just add number or add %? Since I just made this:

C7XryEPU4AACJm7.jpg:orig

Forkball

I've been trying to make sweets and I'm surprised at what you can cook up. I made a crepe, nutcake, and carrot cake just by guessing. Sadly I couldn't figure out how to make banana bread. I wonder what other sweets I can make. Sugar, milk, and butter are not something you just stumble across though.

Also are fallen stars used for anything beyond upgrading amiibo tunics? I have the full WW set now, but I don't want to spend them if there's something better down the line.

PillarEN

Still can't find a good and complete recipe online.

Also, what's the effect of defense up? It's just add number or add %? Since I just made this:

Taking less damage.You'll notice that having your attack up can make a pretty big difference on some enemies. Well this is the opposite.
Also are fallen stars used for anything beyond upgrading amiibo tunics? I have the full WW set now, but I don't want to spend them if there's something better down the line.
Yes. I have some clothes that needed a star fragment. I don't own any Amiibo

Dude, Master Sword alone makes all of the Divine Beasts piss easy. Just go for it.

I was going to get 20 hearts before I tried any of the divine beasts but I might just head over to Zora tonight...

My defense was probably 12-14 and had about a 20 or less weapon when I defeated my first Divine Beast boss. They literally two-three shot me. You'll be fine, little bitch.

Pray for me. -_-

PillarEN

I was going to get 20 hearts before I tried any of the divine beasts but I might just head over to Zora tonight...

Pray for me. -_-

Easy now. They are Divine Beasts not Gods of Gods. Having 10 hearts is good. Going to Zora is also probably the right choice for you considering your health concerns going forward.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I've always sucked at "boss fights" in games though. :(

Dude, Master Sword alone makes all of the Divine Beasts piss easy. Just go for it.

I'm generally terrible at boss fights too, but they're indeed "piss easy" in this game. Especially if you have good food to buff your offense/defense. And you can have tons of health restore meals etc.

That said, I didn't need much of that for the bosses. Only had a little trouble with
Thunderblight Gannon
, but not bad--mostly wonky camera there. Think I only ate a couple of meals for the final battle even as it took me a bit to figure out the 2nd stage, and I was at 17 hearts and worse armor than you.

bigJP

i feel like the cooking aspect of this game renders boss battles too easy. even if you dont cook and just hunt you have enough heart recovery items that it becomes a joke.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
General gameplay for getting amiibo exclusives.

1: Save the game
2: Scan amiibo
3: Did you get what you want? If no, load the save game and return to step 2.

This doesn't mean that you won't necessarily waste a huge amount of time. I spent almost an hour yesterday scanning and rescanning my Smash Zelda amiibo for a Twilight Bow. All of that stuff is really rare. But, scanning more than once a day counts for so. A mething.

Didn't realize you could just "load" a game. Must've missed it, knew you could save anytime.

Heh, randomly ran into
Grante
. Too bad I own / know where to get all the armor sets he sells. Still a nice way to get stuff that players may have missed during their journey.

His parents backstory was surprisingly serious. I enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom