• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

LiK

new thread would be fine but thread maker should summarize today's events for people who weren't following it.

aeolist

Banned
He didn't even say that in Japanese and whether that's "racist" is arguable. It certainly does deal with some sort of cultural or racial tension, but what do you expect when someone basically says "Stop speaking Japanese, pussy".

The Japanese in his tweet from the first link translates to exactly what he confirmed there. It's fucking racist.

It'd be like me complaining about immigrants. Just because it's not singling any specific group out doesn't mean it's not racist.

aeolist

Banned
What race is he specifically targeting with "stupid fucking idiot foreigner"?

Hating on all nationalities or ethnic groups except for the one you belong to isn't racist then?

brb joining the KKK who aren't racist even though they hate all non-whites

The Japanese in his tweet from the first link translates to exactly what he confirmed there. It's fucking racist.

It'd be like me complaining about immigrants. Just because it's not singling any specific group out doesn't mean it's not racist.

If a group of immigrants attacked you and you posted on twitter saying 'I got attacked by some stupid fucking immigrants today' would that be racist?

It's very different from 'Immigrants are fucking stupid and I hate all of them.'

Riposte

Taking in the original tweet (twitter confused me on the order of the conversation), it sounds like he is being somewhat amicable to "everyone" except for "some" english tweeters he decided to cuss out in a cheeky way. I don't know Japanese nor can I safely say I understand context in it. However I do know about how "gaijin" can be used, but at the same time could it be fair to say that was just an unspecific manner to address a particular group of english speakers? (I think the tweet being in english plus "some" coming before the insult makes the intent clear. Call me crazy.)

LiK

Taking in the original tweet (twitter confused me on the order of the conversation), it sounds like he is being somewhat amicable to "everyone" except for "some" english tweeters he decided to cuss out in a cheeky way. I don't know Japanese nor can I safely say I understand context in it. However I do know about how "gaijin" can be used, but at the same time could it be fair to say that was just an unspecific manner to address a particular group of english speakers? (I think the tweet being in english plus "some" coming before the insult makes the intent clear. Call me crazy.)

this is true. he will use whatever insult for anyone specific he doesn't like.

Taking in the original tweet (twitter confused me on the order of the conversation), it sounds like he is being somewhat amicable to "everyone" except for "some" english tweeters he decided to cuss out in a cheeky way. I don't know Japanese nor can I safely say I understand context in it. However I do know about how "gaijin" can be used, but at the same time could it be fair to say that was just an unspecific manner to address a particular group of english speakers?

He's tweeted several times about how the only people who shit up his twitter feed are English-speakers and that his Japanese followers don't act like that. As you probably already know, I think this is clearly an observable fact and not some kind of racial bias thing, so when he uses the word "gaijin", he's specifically referring to specific English-speakers, yes. He was even responding politely to English speakers who weren't trolling him just before he made the initial "good night (and stupid foreigners today)" tweet.

Yeah, but if it was a politician would people really think, it isn't racist at all. Today someone likable said it, hence the defense force. Honestly that Fez guy got so much bullshit and you're going to let Kamiya slide?
Why does it matter that he says stuff that can be taken out of context? It's his personal twitter

Kamiya doesn't need a defense force, it looks like he's doing just fine

Rahk

Taking in the original tweet (twitter confused me on the order of the conversation), it sounds like he is being somewhat amicable to "everyone" except for "some" english tweeters he decided to cuss out in a cheeky way. I don't know Japanese nor can I safely say I understand context in it. However I do know about how "gaijin" can be used, but at the same time could it be fair to say that was just an unspecific manner to address a particular group of english speakers?
You're right, I believe this is exactly what he is doing.

In this earlier tweet, someone says that Japan also has a lot of stupid idiots, and the world. Kamiya responds by saying recently only stupid foreigners tweet crap.

The English tweet where he insulted the guy still may be considered racist by some people though, or maybe racially insensitive. It is kind of silly to be calling people foreigners (in English anyway) on the Internet, but obviously he was just reacting to the guy in a cheeky way based on the tweet.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
But the Kotaku article doesn't say that. Actually, your post--and every post slamming Kotaku--appears not to have read anything other than the headline (which, yes, is bad). Seriously, how many people here actually read the fucking article?

The article itself says "Western readers might find it weird that Kamiya says he doesn't know much about PC gaming. Thing is, PC gaming isn't really a big deal in Japan. Most big PC titles aren't released there, Valve/publishers treat Japan poorly (can't get most PC games in Japanese, etc. Kamiya also expresses distrust in the cloud. This makes sense--Japanese culture tends to prefer physical media to digital media. The end."

There's literally nothing wrong with the article beyond its headline. It ends without making a judgement either way, basically saying "he's typical of many people in Japan. It is what it is." I'm fairly certain that Eisenbeis, iirc, has lived in Japan for quite some time.
Well, aside from the part where he uses Kamiya's twitter quotes to speak for EVERYONE IN JAPAN.

Theonik

i1Wn1OjkQsZWo.png

S grade reply.

IrishNinja

hahaha so trolling kamiya is now comparable to

Phil Fish
KKK
politicians
all of Japan
calling people spics

and so many more things, because we're in bizarro gaf where context means nothing

Rahk

And why is he always so angsty or hostile?

He should be nicer :[
Just read through some of the crap that people tweet him constantly. Combining that with a compulsion to respond to every single tweet for some reason would probably make anyone angsty.

deviljho

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya ‏@PG_kamiya
I see. RT @TrevIsaacs: when sonic and shadow have to stop the ark from crashing into earth. Bayo and Jeanne do the same thing with Jubileus.

Steal what? RT @TrevIsaacs: yes so why did you steal that?

Of what? RT @TrevIsaacs: the ending!

What's that? RT @TrevIsaacs: SONIC ADVENTURE 2

I see. RT @TrevIsaacs: A GAME CREATED BY SEGA THE PEOPLE YOU PARTNERED WITH TO MAKE BAYONETTA

Steal how? RT @TrevIsaacs: YES SO WHY DID YOU STEAL THE ENDING OF SONIC ADVENTURE 2

What ending? RT @TrevIsaacs: YOU TOOK THE ENDING AND PUT IT IN BAYONETTA THATS HOW

Oh, did I steal glasses from Sarah something? Sorry about that.

qq more

I see. RT @TrevIsaacs: when sonic and shadow have to stop the ark from crashing into earth. Bayo and Jeanne do the same thing with Jubileus.

I see. RT @TrevIsaacs: A GAME CREATED BY SEGA THE PEOPLE YOU PARTNERED WITH TO MAKE BAYONETTA

Steal how? RT @TrevIsaacs: YES SO WHY DID YOU STEAL THE ENDING OF SONIC ADVENTURE 2

What ending? RT @TrevIsaacs: YOU TOOK THE ENDING AND PUT IT IN BAYONETTA THATS HOW

What the hell is with Sonic fans and their obsession with SA2's story and how EVERY GAME IS SOMEHOW STEALING FROM IT? I swear to god, I've seen Sonic fans calling Mario Sunshine a SA2 ripoff just because of the whole imposter plot.

Kamiya's responses are great. Love how simple yet effective they are too.

Roto13

Ha ha ha, I love it

What the hell is with Sonic fans and their obsession with SA2's story and how EVERY GAME IS SOMEHOW STEALING FROM IT? I swear to god, I've seen Sonic fans calling Mario Sunshine a SA2 ripoff just because of the whole imposter plot.

Nevermind that Super Sonic is basically a Super Saiyan.

deviljho

(-人-) RT @CountCthulhu: For my anniversary I'm going to ask my girlfriend to dress as Sexy Silvia, pray for my success!

Kikujiro

People will continue to ask him dumb questions because he answers to them, that's how trolling works. If he starts ignoring them you won't see stupid questions again, but he won't ignore them because he likes to answer to every shit with other shit.

Kamiya's responses are great. Love how simple yet effective they are too.

this is the problem of video-game fans who obsess too much on back stories. The inner fan-fact monster inside of them want an HBO back story series for all their favorite characters.

While a game developer slaps a story onto a game just to fit the game because it's a job

LiK

People will continue to ask him dumb questions because he answers to them, that's how trolling works. If he starts ignoring them you won't see stupid questions again, but he won't ignore them because he likes to answer to every shit with other shit.
he started blocking people recently. Depends if they simply make new accounts to troll him.

qq more

In speaking of... are we ever gonna get Space Harrier 3D in the western regions?

this is the problem of video-game fans who obsess too much on back stories. The inner fan-fact monster inside of them want an HBO back story series for all their favorite characters.

While a game developer slaps a story onto a game just to fit the game because it's a job

Yes. It is so ridiculous. I never ever understood why people cared so much for story in a game where a hedgehog beats up robots. If they want story so badly they should read the comics or something. So glad stories are becoming minimal in platformers again.

Top Bottom