• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

He also said this:

Again, doesn't promise anything, but I think he's just a community manager so I guess he can't promise to fix it - only let the team know and hope they do so. There are a few other bugs that are probably pre-occupying them at this stage so once they get them done, hopefully we'll get a fix!

That one sounds way more hopeful. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: The person who said that was the one who was talking in relatively technical terms with the CPU stuff, so he seems to be a bit closer to the dev team than a PR manager.

I'm playing some multiplayer league races (introductory) and everyone is so much faster than me. We are all maxed out at Class D (400) yet by the end the leader is a half lap ahead, and I'm middle of the pack and still not able to cross the finish line before the timer runs out. Can someone explain to a Forza online noob like me?

I'm playing some multiplayer league races (introductory) and everyone is so much faster than me. We are all maxed out at Class D (400) yet by the end the leader is a half lap ahead, and I'm middle of the pack and still not able to cross the finish line before the timer runs out. Can someone explain to a Forza online noob like me?

Are the leaders using the 1965 Mini Cooper by any chance?

willbsn13

That one sounds way more hopeful. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: The person who said that was the one who was talking in relatively technical terms with the CPU stuff, so he seems to be a bit closer to the dev team than a PR manager.

Your right. Looked him up, he's actually Voodoo (for some reason, I didn't look at his username!) or Christian Guirguis the Gameplay Engineering Lead for FM6. He also did a really detailed post on FFB Wheel Support for FM6

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst41479_Steering-Wheels-and-You---A-Hopefully-Helpful-Guide.aspx

Orca

Started working on an Oilers themed Mustang - 2016 GT350R. Kind of disappointed that the car, at least from stock, doesn't sound a thing like the 5.2L

getphotojvkx8.jpg

getphoto102k24.jpg

Working on the Oilers and NHL logos now before going back to work on the car.

Are the leaders using the 1965 Mini Cooper by any chance?

No, I even bought one and upgraded it to D400 but it won't let me use it. Must be natively D class I guess. I don't even know what car I should be using to be halfways competitive in this league thing. Nice thing is, no collisions, everyone is a ghost.

willbsn13

No, I even bought one and upgraded it to D400 but it won't let me use it. Must be natively D class I guess. I don't even know what car I should be using to be halfways competitive in this league thing. Nice thing is, no collisions, everyone is a ghost.

What track were you running? You might have had a handling car for more of a high speed circuit. Also, the D-Class Mini Cooper is broken atm hence why they took it out of League play.

I've had success with a few cars in the D-Class League, the main ones being the 2001 Acura Integra Type-R and the 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato. But it's all down to your preference really and what type of track you're on.

Grassy

Continuing on the discussion from the other thread about braking sensitivity etc. I've had the same issues with the braking feeling too sensitive as other people, strangely this wasn't an issue for me in Forza 5.
I've just been playing around a bit with brake pressure in the tuning menu and have some interesting results.

I just checked with my Maserati GranTurismo at A650 with roll bars, racing brakes/suspension, racing tyres with full width upgrade front and rear, and minor tweaks to ride-height and camber and here are the numbers:

100% Brake Pressure(default)
Braking Distance
97km/h - 0 = 36.8 metres
161km/h - 0 = 92.3 metres

71% Brake Pressure
Braking Distance
97km/h - 0 = 28.5 metres
161km/h - 0 = 75.3 metres

This thing was a pig to drive last night, now it feels much better. That's a big difference in braking distances, not sure if that's a bug or how it's supposed to work? It seems a bit extreme.
The trigger still feels way too sensitive though, you really have to feather it.

Note: I'm not a tuner's arsehole, so laugh away if this is normal. I tried the brake pressure tweak with my Ferrari 288 GTO @ B600 with similar results(even though it's on stock tyres), although it's best result was with brake pressure at 81%.
This enabled me to get a top 50 time on Hockenheimring with my own tune, (although there are only 1200 times up so far). However, I was having trouble with the GTO's braking/handling before the brake pressure tweak and slight adjustment to camber/toe-in, now it feels much better.

I added myself to the excel spreadsheet. Is that all I need to do for ForzaGAF?

Feel free to add people to friends for Rivals/lap times/multiplayer etc

danowat

Banned
Continuing on the discussion from the other thread about braking sensitivity etc. I've had the same issues with the braking feeling too sensitive as other people, strangely this wasn't an issue for me in Forza 5.
I've just been playing around a bit with brake pressure in the tuning menu and have some interesting results.

I just checked with my Maserati GranTurismo at A650 with roll bars, racing brakes/suspension, racing tyres with full width upgrade front and rear, and minor tweaks to ride-height and camber and here are the numbers:

100% Brake Pressure(default)
Braking Distance
97km/h - 0 = 36.8 metres
161km/h - 0 = 92.3 metres

71% Brake Pressure
Braking Distance
97km/h - 0 = 28.5 metres
161km/h - 0 = 75.3 metres

This thing was a pig to drive last night, now it feels much better. That's a big difference in braking distances, not sure if that's a bug or how it's supposed to work? It seems a bit extreme.
The trigger still feels way too sensitive though, you really have to feather it.

Note: I'm not a tuner's arsehole, so laugh away if this is normal. I tried the brake pressure tweak with my Ferrari 288 GTO @ B600 with similar results(even though it's on stock tyres), although it's best result was with brake pressure at 81%.
This enabled me to get a top 50 time on Hockenheimring with my own tune, (although there are only 1200 times up so far). However, I was having trouble with the GTO's braking/handling before the brake pressure tweak and slight adjustment to camber/toe-in, now it feels much better.

Feel free to add people to friends for Rivals/lap times/multiplayer etc

Are you using ABS, or braking help?, how are you braking, trigger to locking point (strong rumble), or trigger all the way down?.

Did they adjust the collision audio from the demo?

No, it's still ridiculous, sounds like someone being slapped in the face with a wet fish, can't believe more people haven't called it out.

Horizon 2 has kept me busy since launch, and was hoping I'd be kept busy til H3. I probably will be, but I'm getting caught up in the F6 hype...

Mascot

So the original OT was done, but the guy who did it is travelling so couldn't post it? Is the first post in this OT just a placeholder then, and will be patched with the proper OT content at a later date?

negitoro7

Can't wait for Tuesday to get my Forza Bundle. Should I get LIVE at the same time or wait til Halo 5 drops? New to Forza so the single player should keep me plenty busy, what say you GAF??

I don't understand, why can't I take a car into the career mode that's been tuned up?

I'm not against have specific fixed spec series, but part of the Forza genre is taking your shitwick CRX to 200MPH in career mode.

T.O.P

Banned
Enjoy the best racing game since FM3/Rallisport Challenge 2 :)

After the mediocre 5 they went all in to make it up for it, bless T10

And nce OT!

danowat

Banned
What is the point of the male / female driver option?

It's an option, however, it's not an option that is communicated to the player at all (unless you stumble upon the 'change driver' option), neither does it say what, if anything, it affects.

They really should have fleshed the option out and made it, even slightly, meaningful too the game, just feels like they are paying lipservice to making it an option for a female player.

Mascot

What is the point of the male / female driver option?

It's an option, however, it's not an option that is communicated to the player at all (unless you stumble upon the 'change driver' option), neither does it say what, if anything, it affects.

They really should have fleshed the option out and made it, even slightly, meaningful too the game, just feels like they are paying lipservice to making it an option for a female player.

It's a clever and convenient way to excuse the really awful Drivatar behaviour
I'M FUCKING JOKING.

Rewind completely bugged as well, sometimes works and sometikes doesn't.

Completely wrote off my car and no Y promot popped up and there was no option to do so even without the prompt.

Snubbers

Anyone fancy a new paintjob?

Also, the old Red Bull Zonda, Martini La Ferrari and Apple Computer McLaren M23 are also up and ready for grabs, can't take pictures cause I don't own cars yet.

Awesome as usual HD!!! Will be looking for them all, I had loads of your previous ones and they all look really good!!

I don't understand, why can't I take a car into the career mode that's been tuned up?

I'm not against have specific fixed spec series, but part of the Forza genre is taking your shitwick CRX to 200MPH in career mode.

Yeah, it's one thing I miss too..

I used to love taking my Golf GTI into GT car races and leaving them for dust.. a 4WD 600HP Golf was a laugh..

Completely wrote off my car and no Y promot popped up and there was no option to do so even without the prompt.

Prompt can be switched on or off, it's not needed for rewind to work.

Were you trying to rewind close to the finish of a race? As you can't rewind right at the beginning of a race or close to the finish line on the last lap.

Top Bottom