• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

The hint lady is sending me back to main street telling me to "search the rooftops for an essential item." Now, I'm missing two things there, but I'm not sure where else to look. I've gotten:
2/2 hearts, monkey bullet, ?, green gem, ?
according to the items list on the map screen, plus the
vorpal blade from the guy under water
. What else is there?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The hint lady is sending me back to main street telling me to "search the rooftops for an essential item." Now, I'm missing two things there, but I'm not sure where else to look. I've gotten:
. What else is there?

Does the bathhouse lady actually change her tips based on what you've accomplished or just on where you are in the story? It always feels like she's giving me tips for things I've already done.

Wok

. What else is there?

There is a restaurant owner. I'm stuck at the same point as you though.

Skeletos311

. What else is there?

She does keep saying the same 3 things until you've done them all, so if you got that thing, move on to the next.

Aeana

There is a restaurant owner. I'm stuck at the same point as you though.

Yeah I did that part too. I'm much further in the game than main street, so I found it weird that she would say that now when I hadn't seen it from her before.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Waterfall Relic. You can find it in the Scuttle Town Main street stage. Explore thoroughly.
Okay...

So I see a chest in the second area, right at the start in the far upper left. But using the bat transformation, I still am perhaps one block too short to get over to it.
How do you reach this?

. What else is there?
The fifth item is
a metal scrap

Not positive about the third item... might be the one I'm struggling to get right now. The hint lady seems to keep telling me to do two things I completed already and one thing I need this item to do.

Kuga

Finished the standard mode 100% earlier today. Great game.

Okay...

So I see a chest in the second area, right at the start in the far upper left. But using the bat transformation, I still am perhaps one block too short to get over to it.
How do you reach this?

The fifth item is
a metal scrap

Not positive about the third item... might be the one I'm struggling to get right now. The hint lady seems to keep telling me to do two things I completed already and one thing I need this item to do.

The third item is
the Waterfall Relic.
It is indeed in that upper-left corner chest. You need the
Harpy transformation
to obtain it, which is given farther into the story.

Anyone else thinks the AA options were kinda bad, playing on PC (Steam)
using the 64-bit build running down sampled at 1800p.

AA Off:
AA%20Off%20zoomed_zpsekdecdqf.png

AA On:
AA%20On%20zoomed_zpsqbxtg9jm.png

AA Dynamic:
AA%20Dynamic%20zoomed_zpsrnjfqbcq.png

It only looks a little bit better than with no AA, tried forcing aa in Radeon settings and gedosato with no luck, looks worse in motion.
Shame since the artsyle looks amazing too :/

Dan

Finished the standard mode 100% earlier today. Great game.

The third item is
the Waterfall Relic.
It is indeed in that upper-left corner chest. You need the
Harpy transformation
to obtain it, which is given farther into the story.
Huh...

Maybe you can help me more then.
I'm going for the Light Shard. I dug up the bodies in the desert tower and got Sick from that guy, then traded it for the Lollipop from the doctor. Now I'm baffled as to where I'm trying to get to in the Mermaid Falls. I thought I was trying to get to that middle portal surrounded by mouse tunnels and the big blocks that the elephant can destroy, but there's seemingly no way in. Where is this wizard dude I'm supposed to meet?

Skeletos311

Huh...

I'm going for the Light Shard. I dug up the bodies in the desert tower and got Sick from that guy, then traded it for the Lollipop from the doctor. Now I'm baffled as to where I'm trying to get to in the Mermaid Falls. I thought I was trying to get to that middle portal surrounded by mouse tunnels and the big blocks that the elephant can destroy, but there's seemingly no way in. Where is this wizard dude I'm supposed to meet?

He's in the light behind the blocks. You get there through the mouse tunnels. There's a little opening on the floor on a platform with a waterfall in the background which leads you all the way there.

Kuga

Huh...

You are in the right area. The mouse tunnels indeed lead the way there. From the start of Mermaid Falls, head right until you see your first waterfall. The mouse hole entry point you want is directly above the waterfall. Once inside the hole, head left and use the moving platforms to continue. See i.imgur.com/2Z97vic.jpg for the exact spot if you still can't find it.

Dan

He's in the light behind the blocks. You get there through the mouse tunnels. There's a little opening on the floor on a platform with a waterfall in the background which leads you all the way there.
You are in the right area. The mouse tunnels indeed lead the way there. From the start of Mermaid Falls, head right until you see your first waterfall. The mouse hole entry point you want is directly above the waterfall. Once inside the hole, head left and use the moving platforms to continue. See i.imgur.com/2Z97vic.jpg for the exact spot if you still can't find it.
Oh my, thank you! I spent so much time wandering around, could not figure out where to get in. Could only find the one that ultimately went to two treasure chests.

Lain

Yeesh, something's up with the PC version. I'm getting 33 FPS on a Titan X (last gen). The demo from forever ago ran far better than this.

I have a 144hz G-Sync monitor if that makes a difference but screwing with its settings isn't helping.

I have no performance problem with the 64bit/DX11 version (60fps locked, although I get screen tearing) but I have very bad performances with the normal version (25/45fps) on a 1070. Dunno if that helps.

epmode

I have no performance problem with the 64bit/DX11 version (60fps locked, although I get screen tearing) but I have very bad performances with the normal version (25/45fps) on a 1070. Dunno if that helps.

It helps, thanks. At least I know for sure that they're not intentionally locking to 30 FPS or whataever.

I get the same crappy framerate and judder with the 64 bit version that I get with the 32 bit. Here's hoping they fix it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Finished with 97%. No idea on the last two gallery keys in the 2nd and 3rd stages, but will search for those some other time.

Some transformations felt underutilized in terms of how 'useable' they were in stage navigation outside of one or two specific chests, but all in all, was pretty fun to go through. Curious to see how they adapt things for Risky mode, and the costume swaps.

Also, looking back at the stretch goals....two out of the 5 or so main zones are 'bonus' levels from stretch goals....game would have been pretty thin without them.

I think, and what's noticeable, is that the game seems a bit...smaller in a lot of ways to the other games because they were working with new technology and a budget from Kickstarter. Considering the drastic move to new stuff I would imagine that the next games will be bigger in scope since they now have gotten used to this new way.

That being said, it's not like this is a bad game at all. I'm having a blast.

ckohler

I've played the first level and 1/2. Really fantastic so far. Lots of polish. I love the animation when they are riding Wrench.

Hmm...I tried reserving the right for the OT but another GAFfer told me that the game isn't even out yet for another 10 days. I completely forgot that only backers have the game right now. Oh well, I tried haha.

Anyways, this game is so awesome. I'm having so much fun with this game. Also Shantae is adorable.

Aeana

I've unlocked the last area, so I'm in clean-up mode. There's one thing I haven't quite figured out how to get:

In the Ammo Baron level, there is a treasure chest in a room with 5-6 beams that all turn off/on at once, and I can't move fast enough to get to the other side. What do?

Hmm...I tried reserving the right for the OT but another GAFfer told me that the game isn't even out yet for another 10 days. I completely forgot that only backers have the game right now. Oh well, I tried haha.

Anyways, this game is so awesome. I'm having so much fun with this game. Also Shantae is adorable.

??
You don't need to reserve it. Just post the thread. The game is out for backers, so the OT needs to be up.

I've unlocked the last area, so I'm in clean-up mode. There's one thing I haven't quite figured out how to get:

In the Ammo Baron level, there is a treasure chest in a room with 5-6 beams that all turn off/on at once, and I can't move fast enough to get to the other side. What do?

Monkey bullet off the lower wall.

If it's what I'm thinking of
use mouse form. There's JUST enough space between the lasers that you can stand between them. You can go about two at a time using the bolts on the floor to measure where to stop.

Press down in Crab Form.

You are a genius.

I actually found it out by accident. I kept pressing down underwater to make my crab shoot to the bottom for faster platforming and just held it too long one time and was like "What was that?" then I experimented with it a bit.

In the meantime, I feel like this teleport gate in the center of the Mermaid level map is destroying my brain.
Can't fly to it, can't mouse to it, can't break any blocks around it. It's literally sealed in an area you can't reach.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Press down in Crab Form.

Can either do that, or buy the upgrades for the mirror/bubble, or
Use the monkey wall-kick if you time it right

There have been a couple of chests where I've found alternate transformations can work - kinda cool.

edit: Doh, missed someone already mentioning the latter method.

In the meantime, I feel like this teleport gate in the center of the Mermaid level map is destroying my brain.

You'll need to
come back once you find a new relic-move.

Aeana

Now I'm just missing one gallery key in the desert area, and one heart thing in the crustacean place. I've been through the desert so many times now. (._. )

??
You don't need to reserve it. Just post the thread. The game is out for backers, so the OT needs to be up.
Sorry that was badly worded haha. Either way, I messaged the original poster to see if he still wants to make it, if I don't hear from him, then I'll just get started on it. Hope there's a guide or a template somewhere...

Now I'm just missing one gallery key in the desert area, and one heart thing in the crustacean place. I've been through the desert so many times now. (._. )

Did you get the key from the tower where you need to
push a block back down the tower so you can smash a statue with the elephant?

1upsuper

I know this just came out, but how are people finding it compared to Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse? I really wanted to like those games but I found them terribly generic. This one looks like it has potential, and the new art style looks much better, IMO. Is this game a new high for the series?

I know this just came out, but how are people finding it compared to Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse? I really wanted to like those games but I found them terribly generic. This one looks like it has potential, and the new art style looks much better, IMO. Is this game a new high for the series?

Hrrrmmmm...I'd probably say that if those games didn't convince you, this one won't.

It's much of the same, which I'm not using as a negative; I really like the Shantae series so giving me more of it is all I could ever want. But it's not breaking the mold.

I really like it, and we'll see how it's post release content is.

Meanwhile I have one heart left in Mermaid Falls and one key left in Tassel Town.

...the fuck are these things?

Man this may be just me but the metronome just makes the dancing (which makes the selection change with every second beat) too fast for me. It's harder for me to get the transformation I want for some reason. I'm just not gonna buy the metronome for a while.

Again, it's probably just me haha. No one else has an issue as weird as mine so I don't consider it a negative.

1upsuper

Hrrrmmmm...I'd probably say that if those games didn't convince you, this one won't.

It's much of the same, which I'm not using as a negative; I really like the Shantae series so giving me more of it is all I could ever want. But it's not breaking the mold.

I really like it, and we'll see how it's post release content is.

Meanwhile I have one heart left in Mermaid Falls and one key left in Tassel Town.

...the fuck are these things?

Alright, thank you. Looks like I'll pass.

Well if I don't need to play other games in the series I guess I'll pre-order it physical then and check it out. Then maybe go back to previous games, idk.

Glad to see that this one turned out well. I already redeemed by Steam key, but I'm holding off until achievements and/or trading cards are enabled.

Though how does it compare to Pirate's Curse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom