• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't manage to find the last heart in Main Street.

I overlooked this one a few times myself.
In the fire section: Just after the first climb, head down like you're going to where the restaurant is, but keep an eye on the left side, there's a monkey-sized hole to climb through.

Lain

I overlooked this one a few times myself.
In the fire section: Just after the first climb, head down like you're going to where the restaurant is, but keep an eye on the left side, there's a monkey-sized hole to climb through.

Oh man, I went through there a lot, how did I miss it haha. Thanks!

Since that heart was the last item I was missing from the various stages, went ahead and finished the game. It was a fun ride, though the last level wasn't as fun as the rest for me (
the harpy part
).

Glad to have backed this as it turned out pretty great, lots of charm and silliness. Also kudos for allowing to speed through the ending credits by holding enter.

God, just so it feels like I'm not taking crazy pills, there aren't any items hidden in the quicksand in the desert are there? I've been looking for this last heart and key in this and the Mermaid place for like 30 minutes and I'm going insane.

Anyone have any good ideas for the OT (sub)title? I'm not good with those things haha!

So far I received:
DANCEing through Danger
RET-2-GO! (Unless you're PS3 or 360)
Whip Your Hair Back and Forth!
Where are the Dungeons?!
Who Needs Prom Night?

Any other suggestions?

RGamer2009

Neo Member
Anyone have any good ideas for the OT (sub)title? I'm not good with those things haha!

So far I received:
DANCEing through Danger
Whip your hair back and forth!
Where are the dungeons?!
Who needs prom night?

Any other suggestions?

Half Genie, All Fun!
The True WayForward
I Dream of Shantae
Magic in a bottle...

bomblord1

Banned

So far I received:
DANCEing through Danger
Whip your hair back and forth!
Where are the dungeons?!
Who needs prom night?

Any other suggestions?

Shantae Half Genie Hero |OT| Don't call it Poop Toot

jimboton

Yeesh, something's up with the PC version. I'm getting 33 FPS on a Titan X (last gen). The demo from forever ago ran far better than this.

I have a 144hz G-Sync monitor if that makes a difference but screwing with its settings isn't helping.

Yeah, happened to me. Game doesn't seem to like higher refresh rates. If you set your desktop at 60 hz it will be smooth. Very disappointing.

Syril

I'm wondering if I've hit a progression bug. I'm at the second area of Cape Crustacean and when I reach the end of the area, nothing happens. There's not a wall, it looks like it's meant to transition to another area.

Aeana

I'm wondering if I've hit a progression bug. I'm at the second area of Cape Crustacean and when I reach the end of the area, nothing happens. There's not a wall, it looks like it's meant to transition to another area.
Press down and jump while on the black spot.

13ruce

Banned
I missed the kickstarter but when this launches i will sure get it the artstyle and gameplay looks great.

Question though: I have never played any shantae game can i just play this game without playing any of the others in the series?

Skeletos311

OT names

Genievania
Sequin Land Nights
A Whole New World
Shantae IV Genie Girl in Sequin Land
That game you paid for and forgot about
Are you a Medusa?
Free Rent! Negligible Fish smell!

Aeana

Czbl2VbUcAAXwaF.jpg:large

Yay.

Aeana

6 hours for 100% seems abit short.

As a comparison, here's my clear screen for Pirate's Curse.

May help people contextualize it for themselves if they played Pirate's Curse. My times might not be typical.

Is it running at a constant 60fps on PS4?

I ran into some occasional slowdown when the camera zooms out a lot, but this doesn't happen very often. I played on PS4 Pro with the system set to 4K, no idea if that made a difference.

Moze

Banned
As a comparison, here's my clear screen for Pirate's Curse.

May help people contextualize it for themselves if they played Pirate's Curse. My times might not be typical.

Thanks.

It took my about 11 hours to 100% pirate's curse, so this will likely be longer for me.

Bladenic

Not feeling this so far which is weird cuz I liked Pirate's Curse quite a bit and played it start to finish in like a day. Only did the first two levels and feel no desire to keep playing.

I like this one.

Still waiting for my Wii U key :(

Yuuuuupppppppppp same boat. I wonder if it's something on Nintendo's end or Wayforward's end. Kind of sucks to still be waiting for Wii U keys, and no hint of when they'll come or even an explanation of why they aren't here yet.

Skeletos311

Yuuuuupppppppppp same boat. I wonder if it's something on Nintendo's end or Wayforward's end. Kind of sucks to still be waiting for Wii U keys, and no hint of when they'll come or even an explanation of why they aren't here yet.

Probably Nintendo's fault. I sounds like they sent all version in for certification at the same time.

Oneself

I ran into some occasional slowdown when the camera zooms out a lot, but this doesn't happen very often. I played on PS4 Pro with the system set to 4K, no idea if that made a difference.
Thanks!
Waaaait. Pro patched!?! That would be a nice surprise!

Mithos

A single email with "Project Update #88: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero by WayForward" announcing the game is done with a last call for platform changes right at the bottom of the email for 6 days later doesn't really stand out does it (and I never received email #89 and it's not in the Gmail spam folder)? An email from the Wayforward support address with the warning clearly in the subject header would have been appreciated especially given the 2 year delay.

I've not gotten a single email about this kickstarter since Update 83 in May of 2016, and nothing in spam folder either.

mreddie

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero |OT| The Other Half
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero |OT| It'd sell like buns
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero |OT| Dance Though the DANGER *John Oliver dance*
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero |OT| 0.5 is better than 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom