• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

So will this game be getting free future DLC like Shovel Knight?

Yeah, mostly reskins for Shantae but also playable Risky/Bolo/Sky/Rotty + story modes (I don't expect them to be anything too elaborate, though). Oh, and for backers an exclusive dance form.

JackelZXA

So will this game be getting free future DLC like Shovel Knight?

I'm guessing backers will get Risky Mode, Costume DLC, and Sky/Bolo/Rottytops DLC's for free but will be for sale for normal purchases, and that if they do end up making the other tiers as dlc (extra chapters, animated cutscenes, voice acting) then THAT might be paid dlc, which I'd understand because that'd be a ton of extra work and outside the scope of what we funded.

Yeah, mostly reskins for Shantae but also playable Risky/Bolo/Sky/Rotty + story modes (I don't expect them to be anything too elaborate, though). Oh, and for backers an exclusive dance form.

I'm hoping risky plays like shantae in pirates curse, basically. I'm not sure if that's actually what they intend but I hope so.

I just realized that the Nega Shantae section of the game was supposed to be much more like the rival Genie chapter but since we never reached the stretch goal it wasn't included. Pretty sad since it would have been cool.

Psxphile

I just realized that the Nega Shantae section of the game was supposed to be much more like the rival Genie chapter but since we never reached the stretch goal it wasn't included. Pretty sad since it would have been cool.

This is the same feeling I get whenever I hear, months/years after release, that a beloved game was supposed to include something more but was excised due to time/money.

Dreams...

A life of a half-genie named Shantae...

And the lives of countless other genies...

All but dreams...

Psxphile

Backers now have access to the Half-Genie Hero Launch fan kit, which includes some hi-res character artworks and other assets for making, oh I don't know, OTs with or something.

Launch Fan kit

RA0UbRQ.gif

So...

I just beat the game and had a blast. Except I'm pretty sure my name wasn't in the hacker credits... still really liked the game, just surprised my name wasn't there is all

So...

I just beat the game and had a blast. Except I'm pretty sure my name wasn't in the hacker credits... still really liked the game, just surprised my name wasn't there is all
Yeah mine wasn't either haha. I think maybe it's because I upgraded my back amount after the end of the Kickstarter but I haven't received a response from Wayforward yet.

Cheerilee

Ability spoilers. Looking to see if anyone else experienced this.

Came up with a weird glitch (PS4). In mermaid falls I used the
mouse
transformation on a location where that transformation automatically uses its ability. This zoomed in and then sent me rocketing through the floor all the way to the water at the bottom of the stage. This broke the transformation but did not zoom back out. The only way to zoom out was to leave the stage. Screen scrolling or advancing the area did not help.

I did not have the waterfall ability.

I bumped into a similar glitch in my second pass of the desert temple (playing on PC). I used the
elephant
form to pass through a barrier and enter a secret room, but instead of entering the room I was tossed somewhere outside the normal gameplay area, with no way to climb back into normal space. Teleport dance got me out of that jam. I rushed back to the spot and tried again, and fell through the floor again. Then I tried very-delicately opening the door and transforming back to regular Shantae to walk through it, and that got me through okay.

I came back after my second pass and tried to do the glitch again, but I couldn't make it glitch anymore.

Aeana

I'm closing this thread today whether there is an OT or not. It's been a week and a half since someone was supposed to make one.

I want to buy it so bad but I shouldn't. My backlog (as in the games I actually mean to play, not the graveyard that never gets touched) is killing me :(.

Het_Nkik

I got super stuck because the game glitched and wasn't showing the
glowing lights where you can enter the mazes as a mouse
in Mermaid Falls.

Traveled to all the other levels trying to figure out what to do, looked online to see what to do (couldn't find anything), finally went back to Mermaid Falls, and bam, everything was showing properly.

Was pretty annoying.

Psxphile

wonder if they will go back to 2d sprites ever again.

I see the current crop of HD animations being reused in future games ala Risky's Revenge => Pirate's Curse (with new ones introduced when appropriate). WayForward draws a lot of inspiration from the likes of Konami and Capcom, so I see them recycling from previous titles to help cut down on development time for future projects as just another one.

But 16-bit style sprites? Yeah, they're probably gone for good.

Psxphile

Awesome. This is one of Shantae's original dances from the original game. It's too bad it didn't make it into the actual game. Maybe it can still show up in some DLC.

Fingers crossed. Seems like expanding the basic dance routine as she learned new forms would have been the way to go, right? Little details like that are always appreciated.

Crub

Is the blue Shantae costume and classic Risky costume available for backers yet? Couldn't find an option to turn them on in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom