• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 3: FINAL STAGE (Sega 3D Classics, 3DS), out December 22 (JP)

Raitaro

It's unrelated to the compilation but several Sega 3D Classics are going on sale in Europe from September 8 through 15

Fantasy Zone
Gunstar Heroes
Outrun
Shinobi III
Space Harrier
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Super Hang-On

€2.45/£2.20 each.

Hey hey, thanks for the heads-up! Can't believe I'm actually lucky for once as I had put a few of these on my wishlist last week but decided to wait with my purchase till I'd run out of other games to play during my holiday. Guess I'll be able to save some money for once :)

I've been working on a project and I was wondering if a fellow 3D Classics fan would be willing to help me out. Is there anybody here who'd be willing and able to translate the Game.Watch interview for the original Archives release? It's pretty clear by now that it's never getting an official English release :(

I had hoped someone with actual Japanese skills whould have responded by now but apparently not. Wish I could help you myself but alas, no Japanese skills.

Your best bet imo would be if someone sees your post that regularly translates stuff like the Iwata Asks of yore etc. Maybe ask in the latest thread about untranslated Iwata Asks or the Japan Gaf thread?

Oh, and a direct link to the article might help as well, just in case.

Good luck!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Honestly, you'll probably have trouble finding any takers if you're not offering cash--those articles are quite long and have been getting longer as the years go on.

Shaneus

God damn it. Will we ever get a port of these to any other console, handheld or otherwise? If pay good money for a collection of all these titles on PS4.

They can make it 3DTV compatible too, if they like.

AmyS

Super Monaco GP - Golden Axe - Shinobi - Shadow Dancer

Of those 4 games, which one would you eliminate, leaving the remaining 3 to be included in the new collection ?

Of those 4 games, which one would you eliminate, leaving the remaining 3 to be included in the new collection ?

Monaco GP, great graphical sprite scaler but one track arcade F1 sim is useless now.The game Id 100% keep is Shadow dancer as there has never been a perfect home port.

I would eliminate Super Monaco GP. Its inclusion would only make it more frustrating that Outrunners wasn't there.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Golden Axe, because it's not even good. Shadow Dancer is the only one I feel strongly about seeing. I'd really like to have a home port of that.

I just noticed when I was browsing the eshop that fantasy zone 1, 2 & out run all have updates available. Don't know how long they've been available (could have been months), but does anyone know what changed?

Bye bye monaco

MrT-Tar

Monaco has got to be the one that goes. Shinobi and Shadow Dancer need 3D Classic releases

@MUWANdo

Banned
Here's a (weirdly low-detail but) legit, non-Famitsu picture of the box art mosaic:
Z2EJGQ4.jpg

Refyref

Here's a (weirdly low-detail but) legit, non-Famitsu picture of the box art mosaic:
Z2EJGQ4.jpg

Since they're obscuring the background as well, it's even harder to try and guess from it. I remember that last time they only hid the characters from the then yet unannounced games.

retroman

I just noticed when I was browsing the eshop that fantasy zone 1, 2 & out run all have updates available. Don't know how long they've been available (could have been months), but does anyone know what changed?

That's odd. I'd also like to know what has changed.

Well, this gives me hope that Space Harrier and Super Hang-On will eventually be updated!

Opa-Pa

I just noticed when I was browsing the eshop that fantasy zone 1, 2 & out run all have updates available. Don't know how long they've been available (could have been months), but does anyone know what changed

Was this the japanese eShop? Because there's no update available for my games on the US one.

retroman

Was this the japanese eShop? Because there's no update available for my games on the US one.

I've checked the European eShop and the updates are available there.

Also, here's the exact time Sega will reveal more of the third 3D Classics Collection at TGS:

September 17, 11:00 to 11:30 – Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 3: Final Stage – Featuring Naoki Horii (M2 president), Issei Shimomura (lead producer), Yosuke Okunari (series producer), and others. The latest information and a small talk about Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 3: Final Stage.

Source: http://segabits.com/blog/2016/09/12/sega-shows-off-tokyo-game-show-2016-stage-schedule/

I've checked the European eShop and the updates are available there.

Also, here's the exact time Sega will reveal more of the third 3D Classics Collection at TGS:

Source: http://segabits.com/blog/2016/09/12/sega-shows-off-tokyo-game-show-2016-stage-schedule/

will that be streamed?

Thanks. I'll be watching. I'm guessing they'll only announce one more of the new titles and save the other two for later.

Espiox

Will these be released stand-alone on eShop you think? Turbo Outrun is the only one I want.

Well, they just put out Puyo Puyo 2 (from Archives 2) a few weeks ago in Japan, but there's no word on whether Power Drift or any of the Archives 3 games will come yet. It's also totally possible that Puyo Puyo was just a one-off to celebrate Puyo's anniversary.

It's such a shame they're stopping. I know it's been a pain in the ass for them, but they're stopping at the 2's, when the 3's loom just overhead. BKIII, Sonic 3 (& Knuckles), Outrunners, Golden Axe II-... Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder...

retroman

30FPS, I believe, given that it ran on the same hardware as the original Outrun.

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to comparing the arcade version to the 3DS version (if it's unlockable like in the 3D Classics version of the original Out Run, that is).

It's such a shame they're stopping. I know it's been a pain in the ass for them, but they're stopping at the 2's, when the 3's loom just overhead. BKIII, Sonic 3 (& Knuckles), Outrunners, Golden Axe II-... Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder...

Yeah, too bad it's almost over. That said, when they started this series I never expected it to last as long as it has. I'm so happy they've released semi-obscure games like Thunder Blade and Power Drift :)

And while this seems to be the end of the 3D Classics series, perhaps M2 will keep porting classic Sega games to other consoles in the future. One can only hope.

Tizoc

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to comparing the arcade version to the 3DS version (if it's unlockable like in the 3D Classics version of the original Out Run, that is).

Yeah, too bad it's almost over. That said, when they started this series I never expected it to last as long as it has. I'm so happy they've released semi-obscure games like Thunder Blade and Power Drift :)

And while this seems to be the end of the 3D Classics series, perhaps M2 will keep porting classic Sega games to other consoles in the future. One can only hope.

I will pay good money for Model 1 and 2 arcade ports on Steam and PS4.
If i had an X1 I might even triple dip if I'm crazy enough for it.

Tizoc

Put 3 on there. I want an official SCUD Racer godammit.

Oh shit forgot Scud Race was Model 3. In that case MODEL 1 2 AND 3 PORTS ON STEAM FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!
I MUST RE EXPERIENCE MY CHILDHOOD JOY OF PLAYING AB COP AND SCUD RACE

Thanks!

Yeah, I would love to see them do more classic Sega game contract work for other platforms.

Raitaro

Just to be clear: is it 100% confirmed this will be the last batch or are you deducing this from the "Final Stage" subtitle of collection 3?

I agree that they should not stop after these, not with so many sequels or un-ported games left.

Zubz

Banned

Is there any question? Hell, I'll eliminate everything but Golden Axe just to get to get to the point (We're not talking "Revenge of" Shinobi, right?).

thunder force 3 is the next new game in the collection. never said it had to be a sega game, lol

edit: updated box

Eh, another Mega Drive game. Nothing against Thunder Force 3 necessarily, but I'm still rooting for arcade releases above all for 3D Classics.

Yes, I know Thunder Force AC, yes.

M2's been porting stuff for sega since the game gear, they're not gonna be stopping any time soon. 3D classics series will end, but something else will take its place

Top Bottom