• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U may be renamed Wii Entertainment System and released on WiiWare

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving DefectiveReject the benefit of the doubt on not fucking with us, and as a System Admin, I'm completely versed in the ability of a sysadmin to accidentally put a website live that wasn't supposed to be.

SoulUnison

Banned
I like the callback, but doesn't that just reintroduce the "3DS" problem even *harder* than the "Wii U" name did?

"Why do you need a Wii System, you have a Wii!"
"Why can't my DSi play 3DS games? I thought it was better than a regular DS."
"I want to buy this Wii Entertainment System game for my grandson. I know he has a Wii, he's had it for years."

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Not as good as Super Wii, and people will still be confused about what the system is exactly, mistaking it for some sort of addon.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Maybe they're alluding to the old-ass NES because even current gen systems are going to leave the WiiU in the fucking dust.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If they have to keep Wii, it needs to be Wii 2. Or at least something to make people understand that it is a brand new console and not another name for the Wii, or another Wii SKU.

Wii 2
Wii Revolution
Wii Squared
Wii Mii

I don't care.

GDGF

Soothsayer
wesanderson.jpg

Diablos54

I still think 'Super Wii' would be better, but as long as they market it right, 'Wii Entertainment System' doesn't sound too bad.

And to everyone saying to drop the Wii name, are you all insane? It's be like Sony dropping the PlayStation name after the PS2.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It says Wii U in Japanese to the left of that line, though.

Edit : I was wrong, it says Wii Ware. My Japanese is rusty!

Don't worry guys, it'll be renamed Super Duper Awesome Spectacular Nintendo Entertainment System (SDASNES) by years end. Since I know its what we all want, I'll email Nintendo right now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This would make much more sense as a Wii renaming, honestly. And it doesn't make any sense there either.

Somnid

Anyone can legitly screen cap this:

Right click item
Inspect Element
Double click element
Type "This is bullshit"
Print Screen

Zoe

I can get behind WES.

I'd actually say "wess" though despite spelling out NES instead of "ness".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom