• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

OK, this has been really bothering me for a while. Why do middle attacks hit high while high attacks hit mid?

It's like instead of attacks being ordered like this:

High
Middle
Low

They are instead ordered like this:

Middle
High
Low

Who decided on this terminology? >_>

Bitching about fighting game handicaps confounds me. It's an amazing accessibility option where I'm fine losing to somebody who uses low damage simple combos because they manage to land a hit whilst I'll fuck up my own BnBs which only drives me to get better.

How much longer is the story? I'm at the point where
I have 3 stones and the team is making a suicide charge on ultron sigma while danta and iron man do side missions

tE4ji6ul.png

Jim might have found some material for his next week.

giphy.gif

Like 25 minutes at most, not even that

Cool, I have until the 28th to confirm if I'm returning the game to walmart with a full refund. Comes down to if I can talk to someone at capcom support (never responded to my email) and if they'll give me the pre order dlc costume code I was supposed to get. As much as I'd like to keep mvci I only paid $90 for those costumes.

any smaller, non obvious changes from umvc3? Like im hearing chicken blocking isnt as good anymore? rip

Stuff that's pretty major that isn't explained well off the top of my head:

> You get half a meter for your stone when a dude dies
> You get a free level 3 if you press Tag+Stone after you've got Storm running, but it immediately ends the storm. If you input level 3 the way you normally would then it still uses the 3 bars though
> You can reflect projectiles by pushblocking when they would hit you
> Chip by spamming the same move is SUBSTANTIALLY reduced, to the point where additional hits from the same move eventually deal almost no damage
> I believe you can't block at all within the first couple frames of jumping though I could be wrong

Probably a bunch I missed

Probably a much better list

Astral

I really hate the stones. Maybe I haven't figured them out yet but I think they're lame as fuck. I can't find one that I like.

Producer

Stuff that's pretty major that isn't explained well off the top of my head:

> You get half a meter for your stone when a dude dies
> You get a free level 3 if you press Tag+Stone after you've got Storm running, but it immediately ends the storm. If you input level 3 the way you normally would then it still uses the 3 bars though
> You can reflect projectiles by pushblocking when they would hit you
> Chip by spamming the same move is SUBSTANTIALLY reduced, to the point where additional hits from the same move eventually deal almost no damage
> I believe you can't block at all within the first couple frames of jumping though I could be wrong

Probably a bunch I missed

Probably a much better list

thanks. High/low unblockables being gone is pretty sweet lol. And that new short hop, whatt...lots of crazy stuff in that doc

VariantX

If the room is set to "both players stay on" you get a rematch button.

tE4ji6ul.png

lmao

If he thinks the auto combos are optimal, he's going flat out call hacking if he runs into a player that actually has knowledge of how to do something outside of the magic series.

FSLink

Banned
I really hate the stones. Maybe I haven't figured them out yet but I think they're lame as fuck. I can't find one that I like.

If you like rushing in, I recommend Power. Besides the obvious combo extension and additional damage you'd get from both the Infinity Surge and Storms, in the Infinity Storm you can stay in dat ass because the opponent can't push block you out.

OK, this has been really bothering me for a while. Why do middle attacks hit high while high attacks hit mid?

It's like instead of attacks being ordered like this:

High
Middle
Low

They are instead ordered like this:

Middle
High
Low

Who decided on this terminology? >_>

Tekken does this. I guess Capcom decided to be stupid and follow along.

Got my first rage quitter. He won the first by a hair and then I stomped the fuck out of him with a happy birthday and was actually hitting combos and they bailed out.

NexusCell

Gonna probably switch Frank for Dorm. Fun to set up and his FLOATING BALL is good for keep away. Still need to optimize combos with him but he's working out decently.

Producer

im really digging captain marvel. good mobility and range and a nice toolset. But doesnt seem to pair well with my boy spencer :/

Does anyone know what happened to Spider-Man Homecoming on the PSN store? I just remembered I wanted to get that costume but now I can't find it anywhere, through search or digging through the movie section.

EYEL1NER

Installing the game, costumes, and updates now, finally. I took my Collector's Edition that I received on Tuesday to Best Buy and exchanged it for a Deluxe Edition earlier. I still want the statues but I'll hope for a clearance sale or something soon; the statues and Infinity Eggs aren't worth an extra hundred dollars to me right now.

Have they announced anything about the costume release schedule yet? Wasn't UMvC3 like every two weeks? Not that I'm assuming they'll follow the same schedule, especially with the way they do SFV. Just wondering if my memory is correct on UMvC3. That was such a horrible wait though, waiting for the next set after each new download went up. I went and pre-ordered a copy of that game at Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop and then returned two of them so I could get all of the pre-order costumes, and then they announced a costume pass that I wound up buying.
I'm hoping it isn't a long wait for alt costumes.

just finished dante's mission mode... carpal tunnel confirmed

hate that I have to learn Dante from ground up again...

also Dr. Strange time stone combo in mission mode is pretty rad

EYEL1NER

Oh god, they ruined my main. Morrigan's voice/accent is absolutely horrible and I've got no way to select JP voices?! I don't know if I'll be able to ever play her again, unless I mute the TV prior to selecting her and unmute after I'm done with a match (I suppose I could lower the voice volume in the options to minimum also). I would have preferred no English dub at all for anyone rather than get this shitty Morrigan voice (Strider sounds awful as well).

Seiniyta

I'm happy the exhibition is late. Woke up at like 4 am feeling like shit, got some painkillers. Saw a friend was playing Marvel, played around 35 games with him (won like 4 >.>) and now realized the exhibition was still about to happen. Nice.

remz

I feel like each round I spend 5 seconds out of 60 playing while the rest is my face getting mashed by combos as my laggy opponents teleport around. This game is completely repulsive to noobies. I have no idea what to do at any given time

RocBase

Exhibition ain't started yet? Oh cools, means I actually got here just in time as opposed to outright miss it, heh.

I should be able to get back on soon.....right after I finish my homework.
Anecdotal but I'm glad to see you rocking the superior avatar again 😆

Nephtes

I feel like each round I spend 5 seconds out of 60 playing while the rest is my face getting mashed by combos as my laggy opponents teleport around. This game is completely repulsive to noobies. I have no idea what to do at any given time

This is where I'm at right now...
I watched some of the SFV tournament play tonight and was like, "OMG! It's so slow, and I can tell WTF is going on... I'll never call SFV a bad game again... (Except for when I make fun of Ken's 🍌 banana 🍌 hair...)"

MvC: Infinite: the game that makes me long for SFV.

Top Bottom