• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love how twitch chat tries to meme/troll but then cant help to get hyped as fuck because this shit is too hype lol

Dahbomb

Which tier are they?
Tiers week 1 come on now?

Well I posted my tier list a while back. I don't know where it is but pretty much everything in is the same except Dante is for sure top 10.

Quite a few pros including FChamp think Firebrand is pretty good, just gonna take time to master.

Here's my top 10 for those curious

Zero
Captain Marvel
Nova
Ultron
Dormammu
Gamora
Dante
Strider
Spider Man
Chun Li

Tiers week 1 come on now?

Well I posted my tier list a while back. I don't know where it is but pretty much everything in is the same except Dante is for sure top 10.

Quite a few pros including FChamp think Firebrand is pretty good, just gonna take time to master.
Think they meant HP tier.

In which case, they're both average. (10k)

NEO0MJ

Haggar didn't "defeat" Nemesis in the story mode. He tamed him.

Secret behind the scene footage.

s-f803ebd35dd3760afed7023724871d37a56f5471.gif

Firebrand has same HP as Ultron in this game.

Aha. I expected Firebrand would be in the same HP tier in this game as Ultimate.

Dahbomb

Spider Man, Chun Li, Zero, MMX, Arthur, Rocket, Morrigan, Strider are in 9K Low HP

Haggar, Thanos, Thor, Hulk and Nemesis are 11K

Everyone else is 10K.

Because the game just came out so good players are still going through the ranks?

Calm down and relax. Ranked isn't everything. If you aren't sure what happened in a match, you need to likely work on learning what other characters can do.

Yeah, I figure there’s gonna be expert players plowing through beginner’s mode but it seems like every single person I’ve played has been doing competent combos and stuff.
Where are the actual beginners flailing around throwing out raw specials and dropping basic combos?

I can’t even do Hulk’s mission 7, I can’t land the cr. LP OTG. In the demo it looks like he dashes then does it but every time I try it whiffs.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, I figure there’s gonna be expert players plowing through beginner’s mode but it seems like every single person I’ve played has been doing competent combos and stuff.
Where are the actual beginners flailing around throwing out raw specials and dropping basic combos?

I can’t even do Hulk’s mission 7, I can’t land the cr. LP OTG. In the demo it looks like he dashes then does it but every time I try it whiffs.
Slow down the Hulk air combo if it's the one I'm thinking of. Should give you more time to land the otg.

I wish you could watch the mission mode demos in slow motion with inputs and/notation on what’s actually happening.

Complete newcomers must be utterly bewildered.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well that was fantastic. What time does it resume tomorrow (UK time preferably)?

FSLink

Banned
I wish you could watch the mission mode demos in slow motion with inputs and/notation on what’s actually happening.

Complete newcomers must be utterly bewildered.

Yep. I prefer SF calling it a Challenge Mode. Because although I find it fun, I don't look to Mission/Challenge mode for bnbs, just to have some fun with execution puzzles.

Dahbomb

Well that was fantastic. What time does it resume tomorrow (UK time preferably)?

Oh no man, we about to watch the exhibitions in a couple of hours. That's the real stuff, not these pools matches of players flailing around, missing combos and spamming panic Reality stones.

Rhaknar

Oh no man, we about to watch the exhibitions in a couple of hours. That's the real stuff, not these pools matches of players flailing around, missing combos and spamming panic Reality stones.

Dude it's 2am and I'm not at work where I would usually be awake >_>

Gbraga

I'm still not sold on this game, but at least it'll be fun to watch, so I'm in. Very curious to see how they'll handle this Infinity Stone tour or whatever, it has a lot of potential for unfair bullshit, which is what we all love.

I absolutely hate Dante, though. His theme, his model, his animations... RIP Dante.

Strider, Iron Man, Gamora, MVC2 Storm on Fire and Jedah are the ones I'm liking the most.

FluxWaveZ

What is the best resource for combos right now? Is there one? Can't find good BnB videos on YouTube. Not really the type to figure it out myself in Training mode when there are people with more knowledge finding more optimal stuff.

shaowebb

I wish Persia or announcers in esports events in general was more excitable these days. I miss the days of people popping off loud. Since it went esports its like its gotten kinda of like "ohhhh...and they got hit with the thing" instead of the old early days of "OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! THEY GOT HIT WITH THE THING!"

Yelling Bionic Arm, and getting hype and Ultradavid and Yipes screaming stuff instead the golf clap and muted pops from announcers...plus the 90 minutes of commercials between matches just kills all momentum from shows! Even regular sports play footage and highlights of action from players from past stuff and prep excitement filler. If they play ads they dont just block out the everything for twice as long as the matches show. They throw them in front of every clip as a "presented by" and then run the ad in the corner as they show the highlight reel and talk shop. You can't tell me they can't go to the lab and show mixups on characters, highlight moves and strengths or make match banks of the successes that each character (let alone player) have shown in matches using tools. Anything from recording mixups, to showing damage or frames...this is action that can play during ads instead of DEAD AIR.

Take notes esports. You need a production coordinator with film banks ready to run on the stream and the ability to window footage and switch to feeds from either the match, the commentators box, players or footage reels with the same sorta ability to run multiples at a time if needed. This dead air 9 hr event is just dull as hell to slog through.

Bring back the hype by actually filling the dead air and ads with energy and excitement. Call the matches like you wanna scream to the mountains like some dude covered in facepaint at the superbowl occassionally, showcase stats on characters, players, and tools. DO SOMETHING EXCITING!

Dahbomb

What is the best resource for combos right now? Is there one? Can't find good BnB videos on YouTube. Not really the type to figure it out myself in Training mode when there are people with more knowledge finding more optimal stuff.

We don't have resources for ANYTHING in this game.

FluxWaveZ

Makes sense for a game so new, but then I have to wonder how so many people know these extended combos, oftentimes involving both characters, this early on. Guess they're more diligent in Training mode than I am.

Jawmuncher

Makes sense for a game so new, but then I have to wonder how so many people know these extended combos, oftentimes involving both characters, this early on. Guess they're more diligent in Training mode than I am.

We don't have resources because for whatever reason Capcom has sworn off strategy guides as of late.

Dahbomb

Well they just watch the pros mostly online. Game has a replay system so they just follow a pro who uses their characters and copy their combo.

Forget combos man, we don't even have frame data for this game yet. It's discovery on the fly for most.

FSLink

Banned
I wish Persia or announcers in esports events in general was more excitable these days. I miss the days of people popping off loud. Since it went esports its like its gotten kinda of like "ohhhh...and they got hit with the thing" instead of the old early days of "OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! THEY GOT HIT WITH THE THING!"

Yelling Bionic Arm, and getting hype and Ultradavid and Yipes screaming stuff instead the golf clap and muted pops from announcers...plus the 90 minutes of commercials between matches just kills all momentum from shows! Even regular sports play footage and highlights of action from players from past stuff and prep excitement filler. If they play ads they dont just block out the everything for twice as long as the matches show. They throw them in front of every clip as a "presented by" and then run the ad in the corner as they show the highlight reel and talk shop. You can't tell me they can't go to the lab and show mixups on characters, highlight moves and strengths or make match banks of the successes that each character (let alone player) have shown in matches using tools. Anything from recording mixups, to showing damage or frames...this is action that can play during ads instead of DEAD AIR.

Take notes esports. You need a production coordinator with film banks ready to run on the stream and the ability to window footage and switch to feeds from either the match, the commentators box, players or footage reels with the same sorta ability to run multiples at a time if needed. This dead air 9 hr event is just dull as hell to slog through.

Bring back the hype by actually filling the dead air and ads with energy and excitement. Call the matches like you wanna scream to the mountains like some dude covered in facepaint at the superbowl occassionally, showcase stats on characters, players, and tools. DO SOMETHING EXCITING!

I mean, FGC events still have this, we're just not gonna see it during pools bro lol

patchday

Well they just watch the pros mostly online. Game has a replay system so they just follow a pro who uses their characters and copy their combo.

Forget combos man, we don't even have frame data for this game yet. It's discovery on the fly for most.

oh! never looked at that

shaowebb

I mean, FGC events still have this, we're just not gonna see it during pools bro lol

Furthers my point on these esports events needing to just create clips on talking points. Just talking points! Just the speculation itself is an attention grabber. "we got an old character but so much has changed we cant tell you where he's goin yet. What do you think Sajam? Well last game Ghost Rider didn't fair so well, he couldn't win in zoning, he had no big damage combos, had blahblah blah...but now in MVCI its a different game. *Cut to GR image and bulleted list fly by. Each item is a seperate talking point*...and thats why folks are so eager to see whats going to happen to him Ultradavid. Thank you Sajam. Im as excited as they are about this character. I hear F. Champ has been wanting to use him since UMVC3 hit nearly 7 years ago so we may see him soon played by this heavy favorite"

Right there...instead of dead air chairs and ads for sticks they could do every camera cut with a bumper add of a stick "presented by Hori! Use this code for the best in blah blah blah" shrinks from full screen ad to corner ad that loops of product image, coupon and url as clips of training lab GR, Old UMVC3 GR, and Bulleted lists fly by".

You've built up everything, your ads were played so sponsors are satisfied, players are hyped, characters are now hyped and non players can start becoming both educated on this game, cast history and exciting potential so that they are into it when this guy appears in a match, and you put over everything from the player, to the history of the title, to the cast. Everything , including the sponsors, got a push in that promo and none of it was dull or dead air. This dead air muted energy is killing me. Its like they dont know how production crews prep talking points, footage or cut promos for the aspects of the sport they cover in pro athletic events.

Esports needs a pro sports production coordinator to train em on prepping footage and coordinating talking points to the on air announcers as well as some one on one announcing instruction from indie wrestling announcers who know how to push and get over small stuff when the action goes dull in front of an audience.

These early esports snores are killing me compared to the old tournies...its like they got on tv and sponsored and they tried to act so professional that they forgot why the networks thought they were exciting to begin with. Gotta show excitement to be exciting.

Dahbomb

This is pretty much all Level up Tournaments. E sports and neutered as hell.

Watch the NLBC Marvel tournament for some old school goodness.

Top Bottom