• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Mindlog

I guess I wasn't exactly clear, I think random rolls would certainly introduce more DROPS not worth using (because of bad perk sets) but more GUNS worth using (since a "worse" gun with god roll perks is worth using).
That's one point where we agree to disagree and that's fine. I considered a gun with sub-optimal rolls as basically trash I was forced to use while hoping the god roll finally drops. I'm still left with one or two guns of each type worth using while everything else is just stuff I have to use.
One of my main issues is that because of fixed rolls, some guns are just better forever. For example, once you get an Uriels/Prosecutor, you're "done" in terms of energy auto rifles.
The same thing that happened in Destiny 1. Once you had Doctrine of Passing you were done and I owned god roll Arminius, Soulstealer's and several others. While Destiny 2 has stand out rolls for Uriel's and Prosecutor I'm also doing just fine with Perseverance, Jiangshi, and The Number among others. I recognize the disconnect in using 'sub-optimal' loadouts in one game vs the other, but at least this way I'm using a weapon because of its unique value and not its value as cheap knockoff of something better.

Although I am still waiting on Mananan and Antiope.
That said, I still keep one of each gun in my Vault, cause you know what they say about the worst gun in the game. It is one balance patch away from being an OP FOTM monster.
I do the same. This is actually my biggest concern with fixed perks. Nerfing one weapon too hard may leave us with no viable options for certain perk combinations. I don't have to have explosive rounds on my primary, but if Better Devils and Nameless Midnight get hit hard then that option no longer exists.

Anyone want to help with the rat king quest??

I need the whole thing starting at the 3 patrols. Even if you can help with some of it that'd be great..I've beaten this Nightfall a couple times and did it yesterday with over 5 minutes left so it shouldnt be too bad.

PSN tommy7154

no mic

Zereta

Wait.

I just found a Ghost shell with a perk that only activates in Crucible.

PLEASE PLEASE have this for perks that only activate in PvE too. Make my PvE experience more fun please. Thanks.

ViolentP

Anyone want to help with the rat king quest??

I need the whole thing starting at the 3 patrols. Even if you can help with some of it that'd be great..I've beaten this Nightfall a couple times and did it yesterday with over 5 minutes left so it shouldnt be too bad.

PSN tommy7154

no mic

I'd be down. PSN: violentp69

Number45

Wait.

I just found a Ghost shell with a perk that only activates in Crucible.

PLEASE PLEASE have this for perks that only activate in PvE too. Make my PvE experience more fun please. Thanks.
There are ghosts with perks relevant to each PvE location.

So near yet so far

Those adds in the last Pyramidion stage are brutal when you're trying to rush the boss
:’(

Still online if anyone else wants a go at it.

Juan

3 more story missions and then I'll have my damn Sparrow. I'm not a fan of NOT having it.

Such a stupid move... While I understand Bungie not wanting people to skip most of the content they created, people will naturally explore the levels by themselves at one point or another even if they would have give us a Sparrow from the beginning.

We need 1 more for a raid tonight PS4. We've been going in blind, and only know how to do gauntlet.

Would prefer someone who is also going in blind, and willing to play for 4ish hours.

Starting around 9pm PST, on PS4. My PSN is OHRye.

Need 2 for rat king quest. I still have to do the 2 crucible missions before doing the nightfall. Only need 1 person for that then 2 for Nightfall.

No mic

PSN tommy7154

We need 1 more for a raid tonight PS4. We've been going in blind, and only know how to do gauntlet.

Would prefer someone who is also going in blind, and willing to play for 4ish hours.

Starting around 9pm PST, on PS4. My PSN is OHRye.

Good luck to you, going in completely blind in this Raid can rough. It took us 3.5 hours to complete the Newbie Raid last night, and that's WITH 2 of us knowing the mechanics.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what uh...What do you do as a fresh 20? Only 206 light. Seems like there are a lot of tokens and factions to grind? Is there a good end-game guide I can read to figure out what's going on?

Number45

Okay

I'll probably be playing Dota, but we'll see

There's a tonne of people playing the raid today it seems, is it always like that on Saturdays?
The other guy has called it off so I’m going to call it a night. Do give me a shout if you want to have another go. As long as it’s not Exodus Crash. *shudders*

Good luck to you, going in completely blind in this Raid can rough. It took us 3.5 hours to complete the Newbie Raid last night, and that's WITH 2 of us knowing the mechanics.

I know, but it's so much more statisfying figuring it out yourselves and beating it with your friends.

v1perz53

Kind of a weird question, does anyone know if anything in the raid is mechanically impossible with 5 people instead of 6? My group of friends who will be playing on PC is 5 people, and while I'm sure we could grab a random person each time (and we probably will, by grabbing someone from Guided Games each week to give them a free run), the first time we do it I would prefer it to be a blind run. Much like Nightfall with 2, wouldn't mind if it was harder, just wondering if anything was mechanically impossible. I believe people have said the prestige raid hard requires 6, but mostly curious about normal mode.

That's one point where we agree to disagree and that's fine. I considered a gun with sub-optimal rolls as basically trash I was forced to use while hoping the god roll finally drops. I'm still left with one or two guns of each type worth using while everything else is just stuff I have to use.

The same thing that happened in Destiny 1. Once you had Doctrine of Passing you were done and I owned god roll Arminius, Soulstealer's and several others. While Destiny 2 has stand out rolls for Uriel's and Prosecutor I'm also doing just fine with Perseverance, Jiangshi, and The Number among others. I recognize the disconnect in using 'sub-optimal' loadouts in one game vs the other, but at least this way I'm using a weapon because of its unique value and not its value as cheap knockoff of something better.

Although I am still waiting on Mananan and Antiope.

I do the same. This is actually my biggest concern with fixed perks. Nerfing one weapon too hard may leave us with no viable options for certain perk combinations. I don't have to have explosive rounds on my primary, but if Better Devils and Nameless Midnight get hit hard then that option no longer exists.

Fair enough, I definitely see your perspective. I guess for me, I played a lot of Destiny 1 and I never got a single "god roll" where all 3 perks were exactly what I wanted that I can recall in my entire time playing, and it never really bothered me. But I can see how it would for other people. To me, 2 of the 3 perks being "perfect" was good enough, felt like a marked improvement over my previous gun with 1 "perfect" perk out of 3, and always left me wondering if my next drop would have the 3 perfect combo. But as long as the gun felt strong, I didn't mind that it could theoretically be better. I can totally see though that some people would mind this more than I did though.

Kind of a weird question, does anyone know if anything in the raid is mechanically impossible with 5 people instead of 6? My group of friends who will be playing on PC is 5 people, and while I'm sure we could grab a random person each time (and we probably will, by grabbing someone from Guided Games each week to give them a free run), the first time we do it I would prefer it to be a blind run. Much like Nightfall with 2, wouldn't mind if it was harder, just wondering if anything was mechanically impossible. I believe people have said the prestige raid hard requires 6, but mostly curious about normal mode.

Fair enough, I definitely see your perspective. I guess for me, I played a lot of Destiny 1 and I never got a single "god roll" where all 3 perks were exactly what I wanted that I can recall in my entire time playing, and it never really bothered me. But I can see how it would for other people. To me, 2 of the 3 perks being "perfect" was good enough, felt like a marked improvement over my previous gun with 1 "perfect" perk out of 3, and always left me wondering if my next drop would have the 3 perfect combo. But as long as the gun felt strong, I didn't mind that it could theoretically be better. I can totally see though that some people would mind this more than I did though.
It’s not impossible but very hard. There are YouTube clears of every part of the raid with fewer than 6 people.

In a blind run I would be amazed if you did it though. It’s hard enough for 6.

Top Bottom