• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 for PS4 introduces frequent stuttering

Tagg9

How about now? YouTube updated the time of the video somehow (it wasn't processed completely yet) so all of the OP's links linked to the wrong moments in the video. Hopefully it's fixed now.

Yeah, I see it now. It's not hugely noticeable, but it's definitely there.

Noctis3

How about now? YouTube updated the time of the video somehow (it wasn't processed completely yet) so all of the OP's links linked to the wrong moments in the video. Hopefully it's fixed now.
I see it now. Yeah that could get annoying after a while.

Slaythe

They tweeted that there will be a Day 1 patch for NA. If these issues aren't covered in that patch, I don't imagine the fix being long after release.

This is comforting, but just for the record, the japanese version never had stuttering.

So if the day one patch addresses the JP issues but leaves the english issues intact, it's not great.

They said they're looking into it though. So at least we should expect a day "3" patch to fix it maybe.

Fj0823

So its the unpatched version without the day 1 patch.

And they're are taking care of the issues in the JP version.

...I'll wait until launch before I get my pitchfork

tdwig

Neo Member
The Japanese version is patched and doesn't have the stuttering issues, don't see why English version will be any different?

mr_nexus

Banned
I was looking for an excuse to cancel this preorder (can't really afford the game right now) and now I have one.

I'll wait and buy it later.

So its the unpatched version without the day 1 patch.

And they're are taking care of the issues in the JP version.

...I'll wait until launch before I get my pitchfork
But there are new issues in this version that wasn't in the JP one. So let's hope this patch addresses that too.

Slaythe

The Japanese version is patched and doesn't have the stuttering issues, don't see why English version will be any different?

Because the unpatched Japanese version never had those stuttering issues. Which means the patch it got never had to address them.

RexNovis

Banned
After watching all the videos this seems like an incredibly minor issue. I can see how it might bother some people but I fail to see how its as dire as many seem to be making it here. I certainly hope they can patch it but I'm not going to pretend that such a minor issue would ruin the various other advantages this release provides. By all means draw attention to the issue in hopes of getting it patched but I feel that the reactions have been incredibly hyperbolic.

Vashetti

Banned
Has anyone checked yet whether this collection has downsampling for 1080p displays when played on the Pro?

I sent a suggestion to SE support about it, but I doubt anything came of it.

After watching all the videos this seems like an incredibly minor issue. I can see how it might bother some people but I fail to see how its as dire as many seem to be making it here. I certainly hope they can patch it but I'm not going to pretend that such a minor issue would ruin the various other advantages this release provides. By all means draw attention to the issue in hopes of getting it patched but I feel that the reactions have been incredibly hyperbolic.
There are other issues too. Besides, if no one mentioned anything Square Enix would probably never do anything about it. Heck, there still isn't a patch for FFVII's music glitch.

because they load the english text over the japanese text

JP version has to deal with less compared to the Eng version

Prologue

bit off topic

are the final mix versions of the game really that much different than the original?

Kh1 fm didn't seem different at all. Wondering about kh2

bit off topic

are the final mix versions of the game really that much different than the original?

There is more new stuff in 2FM than 1FM but it's not like it's entirely different game. 2FM is more about new content and the new difficulty options while 1FM is more about the changes in character progression and abilities.

bit off topic

yes.

new difficulty mode, new drive form, more abilities, more cutscenes, new area, new keybaldes and weapons for donald and goofy,more collection quests with rewards

and a ton more boss fights

BigEmil

The fact that a remaster of a remaster has all these issues baffle me. Like are SE fucking for real? Get your shit together.
Forcing 60fps on this PS2 engine likely to make issues and then there was some lost source code or something so they had to remake some of the KH remixes i bet the code itself is a mess

Vashetti

Banned
Forcing 60fps on this PS2 engine likely to make issues and then there was some lost source code or something so they had to remake some of the KH remixes i bet the code itself is a mess

The KH1 part of 1.5 was recompiled from a retail PS2 disc as the source code was lost.

bit off topic

the biggest additions are the new difficulty and boss fights. Critical mode changes the game, though. Original KH2 is a good ARPG, critical mode KH2
Is a phenomenal game.

I wish this released on PC. Merely because I know a group of KH fan ready to fix all the bullshit Square magically proofed in for these remasters and ports.

Lazy and quick port this one was.

Is there anyway I can play the KH games with the Japanese dub and English text? Or either PS3 or PS4?

I figure one of the billion of re-releases must allow me to do so, so if anyone can help me, I appreciate it.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I pre-ordered my copy a while back and can't wait to finally get into this series. It's a pity this bug is so apparent and persistent, but I'm confident SE will patch it at or around release.

Hopefully.

Slaythe

Is there anyway I can play the KH games with the Japanese dub and English text? Or either PS3 or PS4?

I figure one of the billion of re-releases must allow me to do so, so if anyone can help me, I appreciate it.

They don't even let you use the proper controller layout lol.

We got the forced localized one where you attack with... X.

Luckily on PS4 you can swap controls at the OSlevel.

Your only option is emulator for jp voices English sub.
Also I kinda wouldn't recommend them because Japanese Disney sounds wrong, despite a better organization 13 cast.

For fucks sake.

How hard is to release a port without issues nowadays? I'm really getting fucking tired of this shit. Publishers desperately need to delay games to test them for issues. A day 1 patch for ports of remasters is just unacceptable.

I was looking forward to play the series but fuck that now. I'm never going to supporting a release like this.

Looks like I'm only buying Capcom and Nintendo remasters this gen going forward.

Lightning

Banned
Still day 1 for me. These issues don't look to be anything that will ruin my enjoyment of the game. I absolutely love kh2fm.

Dragon Quest Builders introduced stutter in the localized build that was not there in JP

They never fixed it

Get your shit together SE

Slaythe

Dragon Quest Builders introduces stutter in the localized build that was not there in JP

They never fixed it

Get your shit together SE

This is their flagship series with FF, and the community is strong, I don't think we'll tolerate it this time.

Help us Kotaku, you're our only hope !

Your only option is emulator for jp voices English sub.
Also I kinda wouldn't recommend them because Japanese Disney sounds wrong, despite a better organization 13 cast.

Sigh... Oh well, thanks for the answer.

Yes, I know you don't recommend it. Nobody does.

WITHE1982

I was gonna use this to finally get into the series. Guess I have to wait for some patches :/

Same here. I do own KH 1 & 2 on PS2 but never got around to playing them. I bought them simply to add to my collection as they were part of a job lot.

I'm hoping a day one patch will sort out the stuttering issues.

Top Bottom