• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Ennosuke

Can you guys recommend me a place for grinding? I am level 68? The best place I know is still the area before the Witch endboss. Like 15k in 5 Minutes.

grmlin

Can you guys recommend me a place for grinding? I am level 68? The best place I know is still the area before the Witch endboss. Like 15k in 5 Minutes.

The pigs on the way to the wet nurse from Mergo's middle. With all the runes to boost echo earning it's quite a lot

Yes, it's the run before the Nurse Boss. One Pig should net you 9k Souls (12k with Moon rune) and there are three of them. Full run which takes about 4-5 mins depending on how quick you kill Shadows of Yarnham mob gives ~50k Souls in NG.

OR

Some Depth 5 Chalice as any random punkster there who dies in 2 hits gives 7k Souls and the Madmen/ Fatsos give 35k Souls each.

h0tp0ck3t

First floor Lecture Hall the room to the right of the lamp is where I go. With runes I get 20,000 in about a minute

Edit: Starting Defiled Chalice. This is gonna suck

Edit 2: and I died from the first enemy. Crap

LordOfChaos

I've always been a one and done type gamer, and for replays it's usually been years after the original play for me to forget enough.

So I'm surprised to find myself doing NG+ here, lol. This game has not been good for my backlog size!

Between learning all the requisite skills and already having high endurance though, NG+ is a cakewalk compared to the first play (which was my first SoulsBourne game at all)

Nev

Banned
Leaving the dream is the good ending btw

It's basically the equivalent of taking the blue pill. Hardly a "good" ending tbh. Becoming a great one, even if it's a baby squid, sounds better than going back to being an ignorant human in a world infested with crazy people and horrible beasts.

I've always been a one and done type gamer, and for replays it's usually been years after the original play for me to forget enough.

I'm like that too and I got to NG+4 in 1~ year. Completely unprecedented. I'm starting to feel the fatigue now though, which is understandable because at this point I know every single thing in the game by heart, and that includes random chalice dungeons.

LordOfChaos

It's basically the equivalent of taking the blue pill. Hardly a "good" ending tbh. Becoming a great one, even if it's a baby squid, sounds better than going back to being an ignorant human in a world infested with crazy people and horrible beasts.

The first and third endings can be debated which one is the good one. In the first ending, you cut swathes through Great Ones, ended the infant great one, and ended the mensis ritual which had caused the night to be unending. Yarnham is in shambles and will probably never go back to its greatness, but you yourself as a character came from another city, and we've seen at least one other major city in the world, so maybe there are other places to go back to.

The Infant Great One ending could also be looked at optimistically, but it all depends on how much humanity you retain when you become a full great one (does our character have any left by that point? Enough insight to challenge literal gods...), and what the gestation period is to become one, and if there are any earthly effects from you growing up itself, like there were for the first infant great one being born.

It pretty well mirrors the Dark Souls light the flame vs new age of darkness ending, the same old, vs an unknown new age. But in this case 'the same old' is better than Dark Souls for the reasons mentioned, a whole whack of great ones are dead and so is the Mensis ritual that caused that hunt to be magnitudes worse than usual.

tamminen

Okay the giants in F
ishing
H
amlet
can go fk themselves. Holy shit how annoying creatures. Getting the weapon off the two of them was a pain in the ass and now I keep dying to this one giant next to the caster. I hate everything they represent.

Whining aside, the previous zone was amazing. The atmosphere and everything. Lady M just might be one of my favorite boss fights in soulsborne and I felt like dying on purpose near the end just to do it over and over again. Brilliant.

Okay the giants in F
ishing
H
amlet
can go fk themselves. Holy shit how annoying creatures. Getting the weapon off the two of them was a pain in the ass and now I keep dying to this one giant next to the caster. I hate everything they represent.

Whining aside, the previous zone was amazing. The atmosphere and everything. Lady M just might be one of my favorite boss fights in soulsborne and I felt like dying on purpose near the end just to do it over and over again. Brilliant.

The whole DLC reeks of atmosphee. It's really incredible how they managed to do this. It's better than the main game which already was 10.5/10 ffs.

LordOfChaos

The whole DLC reeks of atmosphee. It's really incredible how they managed to do this. It's better than the main game which already was 10.5/10 ffs.

"Byrgenwerth...Byrgenwerth...Blasphemous murderers...Blood-crazed fiends..."

Crazy how one line of dialogue can make the mind run wild with what atrocities may have been committed to the people of that poor hamlet

Or

Curse here, curse there. A curse for he, and she, why care? A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, a source of all greatness, all things that be. Listen...for the baneful chants. Weep with them, as one in trance...and weep with us...oh, weep with us.

So much hatred.

It's basically the equivalent of taking the blue pill. Hardly a "good" ending tbh. Becoming a great one, even if it's a baby squid, sounds better than going back to being an ignorant human in a world infested with crazy people.
Thats the good ending in that kind of stories.
You survived to tell the tale , gathered enough money and leave the madness while you are still puré of the blood adictión

tamminen

Thats the good ending in that kind of stories.
You survived to tell the tale , gathered enough money and leave the madness while you are still puré of the blood adictión

But you took the blood ministration right? How come youre clean all of a sudden? I dont know man, the lore is a mess for me to figure out.

LordOfChaos

But you took the blood ministration right? How come youre clean all of a sudden? I dont know man, the lore is a mess for me to figure out.

I think each person has different resistances to how much blood it takes to make them a crazed addict. The playable character seemed to operate rationally to the end.

The night of the hunt was also ended, so some of the crazy people should be getting un-crazy.

h0tp0ck3t

Maybe because you were part of the Hunter's Dream that you don't get the effects? So from there it comes down to whether or not you become addicted like the citizens of Yarhnam.

I feel like there really was no good ending

Ending 1: You leave the dream and the hunt ends. So it's good for you but Gherman is still trapped there and there will still be more hunts

Ending 2: You free Gherman from his misery only now you are chosen by the Moon Presence to lead the Hunter's Dream. So now YOU'RE trapped there and there will still be more hunts

Ending 3: You become a great one which seems awesome but to me that just seems like you're gonna be like Ebrietas locked away in Upper Cathedral Ward to be exploited by the Healing Church

Maybe because you were part of the Hunter's Dream that you don't get the effects? So from there it comes down to whether or not you become addicted like the citizens of Yarhnam.

I feel like there really was no good ending

Ending 1: You leave the dream and the hunt ends. So it's good for you but Gherman is still trapped there and there will still be more hunts

Ending 2: You free Gherman from his misery only now you are chosen by the Moon Presence to lead the Hunter's Dream. So now YOU'RE trapped there and there will still be more hunts

Ending 3: You become a great one which seems awesome but to me that just seems like you're gonna be like Ebrietas locked away in Upper Cathedral Ward to be exploited by the Healing Church

IIRC I think it is implied that Ending 3 = end of the beast illness affecting humans because you make humanity ascend whatever that means.

Ennosuke

Do you have the DLC? I like the first room in the Research Hall.

No I don't have DLC yet :( waiting for a sale.

Also the areas above all of you mentioned are not something I currently have access to. But I guess that with Level 68 I am overdue to get there. I've beaten the shadows of Yarnham, which means I should just simply progress. My idea was to do some grinding because in the optional cainhurst (was this the name?) area I felt like I was too weak.

h0tp0ck3t

No I don't have DLC yet :( waiting for a sale.

Also the areas above all of you mentioned are not something I currently have access to. But I guess that with Level 68 I am overdue to get there. I've beaten the shadows of Yarnham, which means I should just simply progress. My idea was to do some grinding because in the optional cainhurst (was this the name?) area I felt like I was too weak.

If you have the Tonsil Stone you can get to the Lecture Hall, which if I remember right you should have by that point

Spoilers for how to get to the Lecture Hall

If you go out of the Grand Cathedral where you fought Vicar Amelia and follow the path to the left you'll eventually reach a shrine like place with a locked door. If you stand there at the door you'll get grabbed (the monster will be invisible if you have less than 50 insight). If you don't have the Tonsil Stone normally it'll kill you but with it you'll be taken to the Lecture Hall. The enemies will all die from roughly one Tonitrus attack and drop about 1,000 echos. At least they did for me I split strength and arcane. Also the Tonitrus needs to be charged up with L1

Edit: Also Cainhurst, the enemies outside are fucking bullshit. Run past them and you wont see them again

L.O.R.D

15k? do you mean the area where many crazy women there? or the area before the boss that before the final boss? (because you said endboss)
in that village you can get up to 28k.
in the final area you can get 85k.
of course you have to equip the moon rune.

also some Chalice Dungeon can give you 350K on one part of a level (Great Isz Chalice level 3,you will find tons of those aliens dudes walking together,you can take them out and be rich in no time).

Ennosuke

15k? do you mean the area where many crazy women there? or the area before the boss that before the final boss? (because you said endboss) do you mean margo?
in that village you can get up to 28k.
in the final area you can get 85k.
of course you have to equip the moon rune.

also some Chalice Dungeon can give you 350K on one part of a level (Great Isz Chalice level 3,you will find tons of those aliens dudes walking together,you can take them out and be rich in no time).

Sorry my mistake, I just meant boss. So basically I meant running from Witchs Abode to Hemwick Charnel Lane. With on moon rune equiped I get around 17k.

Nevertheless I am trying now to get into Nightmare Frontier and the lecture hall.

L.O.R.D

Sorry my mistake, I just meant boss. So basically I meant running from Witchs Abode to Hemwick Charnel Lane. With on moon rune equiped I get around 17k.

Nevertheless I am trying now to get into Nightmare Frontier and the lecture hall.

you ca go to Nightmare Frontier from the lecture hall,not the opposite side.
do you have any moon rune with you?

Gehrman hired you because the Hunter took just one dose and inmediately was linked to the Dream which funtions a shield to not be corrupted or die while hunting.

The hunters you find later in the game already fell into the Scourge with some few exceptions since they are no longed bound to the Dream long ago and survived long enough to be corrupted since they kept hunting without the Dream blessing

Anyone willing to help me get to the Whirligig saw in the DLC? I'm a wee bit underpowered but I'd love it if someone could run with me

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fought Microlash yesterday... Beside some trouble finding him, the fight was a joke.
Looking forward to try out Ludwig again later today. I am at Level 98, shouldnt bring me into to much trouble.

Fought Microlash yesterday... Beside some trouble finding him, the fight was a joke.
Looking forward to try out Ludwig again later today. I am at Level 98, shouldnt bring me into to much trouble.

Just recently learned you could fill your beast meter by luring the witch to the fog gate and r1 +l1 spam with a broken or non-crafted weapon like the saw spear. Watch Ludwig drop to the second phase immediately.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Brador keeps spawning where you fought him, you have to win on all his four spawns to get his complete armor set (or kill him for the head part only) later on you get the key for the cells
So I just have to move forward until I get the keys to his door and then I am allowed to kill him there?

So I just have to move forward until I get the keys to his door and then I am allowed to kill him there?

Mmm no, his forth spawn is tricky because is on an specific section of the village (below a house I think) , if you enter his cell and kill him before the four spawn he wont spawn anymore and you cant complete the set

Milijango

Mmm no, his forth spawn is tricky because is on an specific section of the village (below a house I think) , if you enter his cell and kill him before the four spawn he wont spawn anymore and you cant complete the set

You can always complete the set. If you kill him his clothes will drop in the locations you would normally have an encounter at. This happens even if you've never fought him, or only done so in a few locations.

Ydelnae

I started the game yesterday. Not a fan of the Souls genre, but since I liked the Nioh demos so much, I figured that I should give this game a try after all the praise.

I've spent a whole day in the first area before the first shortcut lmao I was nearly done with the game. But then I bought the Hunter gear and upgraded my weapons and the game became more feasible. For a beginner, the first hours are terrible. It's getting better the more I play, though.

You can always complete the set. If you kill him his clothes will drop in the locations you would normally have an encounter at. This happens even if you've never fought him, or only done so in a few locations.

Eh, I managed to fight his spawns, talk to him and then kill other spawn then kill him and I think I broke the game because I never got his pants.

Holy bananas

How difficult is ng+?
I wasn't that great at this game, but I beat it and the dlc without getting too frustrated. I feel like playing it again though.

Milijango

How difficult is ng+?
I wasn't that great at this game, but I beat it and the dlc without getting too frustrated. I feel like playing it again though.

I found it really easy outside of the DLC but I know some people find it tough. A lot of that depends on what level you ended the game at. You should probably do it - if you're getting your ass kicked just start a new character. There are no changes to anything in NG+ other than an easter egg if you picked the Sunrise ending.

In later NG cycles enemies deal a lot of damage, but they don't get much more health. If you level up at a decent rate visceral attacks will one-shot just about anything.

105.Will

Loaded the game up and decided to play my NG+8 character for the first time since the dlc. I guess i used to be really good at this game because i cant kill a damn thing

How difficult is ng+?

Bosses have even more health and hit like a truck. I had the biggest problems in NG+/NG++ with Vicar Amelia and Shadows of Yharnam of all bosses. The rest feels kind of the same as in NG.

Top Bottom