• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

One of my favorite Martin laughs is one where Korey comments on Sammy's "greasy ass nose". Martin fucking dies. Like he can't even breathe. Anyone remember which show it was from?

I also wish I could remember the origin of Korey's "don't you EVER-" running joke. So damn funny. All I remember is that it was from an email he wrote to Martin in anger or something.

Lijik

I also wish I could remember the origin of Korey's "don't you EVER-" running joke. So damn funny. All I remember is that it was from an email he wrote to Martin in anger or something.

I remember a bit more, Martin called Korey a name during a show and it got to him so Korey sent an angry email to the whole crew but I cant remember what it was exactly that set him off
Dont you ever. EVER

I've forgotten the context for Nick "Ragnarok" Diaz. I know it was on a sunday service during the like two weeks he did quizzes based on the last week of shows but I cant remember the actual question just that it gave away the answer Ragnarok

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I remember a bit more, Martin called Korey a name during a show and it got to him so Korey sent an angry email to the whole crew but I cant remember what it was exactly that set him off
Dont you ever. EVER
I might be way off the mark here, but I remember it having something to do with the word retarded.

Glass Rebel

One of my favorite Martin laughs is one where Korey comments on Sammy's "greasy ass nose". Martin fucking dies. Like he can't even breathe. Anyone remember which show it was from?

I remember this! 😂😂😂😂😂 Martin is a treasure.

Fuu

These mofos are finally on iTunes. Write them a 5 star review for them if you can.

About damn time. Hopefully they keep it updated.
It will likely get updated automatically whenever they upload it to soundcloud. It looks like they're using that scheme that shows the soundcloud feed inside iTunes/podcasts apps. The iOS app didn't even let me subscribe to this official sub before I deleted my bootleg one.

edit: it even kept my spot on what I was listening to and my unplayed list. Nice.

It will likely get updated automatically whenever they upload it to soundcloud. It looks like they're using that scheme that shows the soundcloud feed inside iTunes/podcasts apps. The iOS app didn't even let me subscribe to this official sub before I deleted my bootleg one.

edit: it even kept my spot on what I was listening to and my unplayed list. Nice.

Lord in heaven, jumping to iTunes is worth this alone. Bye, soundcloud.

Fuu

Lord in heaven, jumping to iTunes is worth this alone. Bye, soundcloud.
yeah, I couldn't stand listening to it on soundcloud so I've been using this link http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:71500666/sounds.rss to sub on the podcasts app. That way it worked like a normal iTunes podcast, saving your spot, lists, etc. Not necessary anymore, but it was a lifesaver.

I'm glad they're finally there officially though, they'll definitely reach an even larger audience this way. 5 stars!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They had some good points about the Venom movie. I like Tom Hardy and all, but this feels like Sony trying to fast track their hollow Sans Spider-Man Universe, riding on the coattails of Homecoming. I can't blame them, it's business. But plenty of good actors have signed up for shit movies. We just got a shitty Assassin's Creed film from the director of Macbeth, starring Fassbender. Hardy was originally signed on for Suicide Squad and dropped out due to scheduling, so him being attached to a hot mess isn't unheard of either.

They had some good points about the Venom movie. I like Tom Hardy and all, but this feels like Sony trying to fast track their hollow Sans Spider-Man Universe, riding on the coattails of Homecoming. I can't blame them, it's business. But plenty of good actors have signed up for shit movies. We just got a shitty Assassin's Creed film from the director of Macbeth, starring Fassbender. Hardy was originally signed on for Suicide Squad and dropped out due to scheduling, so him being attached to a hot mess isn't unheard of either.
Personally, I think their example of Catwoman was flawed. Catwoman didn't fail because it was separated from Batman; it failed because it was a really bad movie, poor in every aspect.

Venom could absolutely work without Spiderman, as a standalone thing especially if they approach it from a sci-fi horror/action-horror route rather like a superhero movie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Personally, I think their example of Catwoman was flawed. Catwoman didn't fail because it was separated from Batman; it failed because it was a really bad movie, poor in every aspect.

Venom could absolutely work without Spiderman, as a standalone thing especially if they approach it from a sci-fi horror/action-horror route rather like a superhero movie.

Yeah, Elektra and Catwoman are just bad films. And the state of Daredevil and Batman films was pretty dire at those points in time, so it isn't surprising the spin-offs were junk too. What makes me skeptical is Sony wasn't even able to get an easier slam dunk right with the Amazing Spider-Man movies. Now they're going for a fast tracked, most likely R rated Venom movie? My spidersenses are going off.

I'd also have an easier time if they had said it was a Flash Thompson Agent Venom spin-off. That being completely removed from Spider-Man I can see clearer. And as much as I like Zombieland, the choice of director doesn't really ease my mind much. I guess we'll see what their take on it is soon enough.

Penguin

I think if they went with Agent Venom that could be cool

Or even his Ultimate origins where it's a cancer suit or something

Yeah, Elektra and Catwoman are just bad films. And the state of Daredevil and Batman films was pretty dire at those points in time, so it isn't surprising the spin-offs were junk too. What makes me skeptical is Sony wasn't even able to get an easier slam dunk right with the Amazing Spider-Man movies. Now they're going for a fast tracked, most likely R rated Venom movie? My spidersenses are going off.

I'd also have an easier time if they had said it was a Flash Thompson Agent Venom spin-off. That being completely removed from Spider-Man I can see clearer. And as much as I like Zombieland, the choice of director doesn't really ease my mind much. I guess we'll see what their take on it is soon enough.
I saw that their concept was decribed as action/sci-fi/horror, so I see it going two ways. Either Aliens-esque, with soldiers or some organization seeking out the symboite on a planet/ship/facility, maybe with a Hardy being hunted and trying to keep the symboiote from them, or more action-horror, with Agent Venom + a horror twist so we also get the more traditional Venom design

Slayven

I saw that their concept was decribed as action/sci-fi/horror, so I see it going two ways. Either Aliens-esque, with soldiers or some organization seeking out the symboite on a planet/ship/facility, maybe with a Hardy being hunted and trying to keep the symboiote from them, or more action-horror, with Agent Venom + a horror twist so we also get the more traditional Venom design

My problem with all that is, why even use the Venom property at all? Even the name Venom, he calls himself that because they are poison to spiderman

While I kind of agree as Catwoman is literally one of the worst movies ever,
lets say it was decent, it is still a "who gives a shit" of a movie.

mreddie

Pirates:

Korey:
-RENTAL-
Martin:
-RENTAL-
Girts:
BULLSHIT

Baywatch

Korey:
BULLSHIT
Martin: