• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

nightside
(08-28-2017, 10:01 PM)
Wow! The title I suggested! I'm honored :D!
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(08-28-2017, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Soul Lab

when does he dab?

Saw it during the Luigi Character Spotlight video, right after he uses a sentry.
Majora
(08-28-2017, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Dougald

I'm still on the fence with this one. Is there a difficulty setting that's anywhere near as soul-crushingly hard as XCOM?

No, it's nowhere near as soul-crushingly hard as XCOM but it was never going to be. It's a Mario game whereas XCOM is one of the most unforgiving games I've ever played.

That doesn't mean it's a total pushover by any means; you still need patience and the ability to plan ahead but you're in the wrong place if you want rock hard difficulty.
RandomHopeInc
(08-28-2017, 10:05 PM)

Originally Posted by eikys

Does it come with the preorder DLC? I guess I'll buy the season anyway, but still

digital has no preorder system, so it doesn't according to the developer
Linkura
(08-28-2017, 10:06 PM)
Amazon has surprised me. Originally, Kiwami was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and this Thursday. But they have both shipped and BOTH are coming tomorrow! BWAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Originally Posted by Camjo-Z

When you make a Rabbid puppet so epic even the game director has to take notice.

HoopzBarkley
(08-28-2017, 10:09 PM)
Is there a pre order bonus? I cancelled my amazon order because I wasn't going to get it until next week so I was going to buy it digitally or at a store. Will this be up at midnight?
Deband
(08-28-2017, 10:11 PM)
That title is dope. Good job.
GwyndolinCinder
(08-28-2017, 10:14 PM)
Regarding post game content:
Alongside the typical challenges and secret levels for each world, there's 4 extreme challenges
Linkura
(08-28-2017, 10:14 PM)

Originally Posted by HoopzBarkley

Is there a pre order bonus? I cancelled my amazon order because I wasn't going to get it until next week so I was going to buy it digitally or at a store. Will this be up at midnight?

Yeah some DLC but I'm not really sure what it entails.
Nyx
(08-28-2017, 10:17 PM)
Played a few hours and love it so far. It's exactly what I expected.
Lord Ghirahim
(08-28-2017, 10:19 PM)
Marty Chinn
(08-28-2017, 10:20 PM)

Originally Posted by HoopzBarkley

It looks like there's bonus DLC that's bundled inside the game.
wildvine47
(08-28-2017, 10:33 PM)
Spoiler question: Is there any reference at all to Rayman or any non-Rabbid Rayman content in this game? It's the only possible good thing left that might come of this game :/
Neiteio
(08-28-2017, 10:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Camjo-Z

When you make a Rabbid puppet so epic even the game director has to take notice.

This is amazing. Also, looking at Davide Soliani's twitter, he is an amazing/adorable human being and I want to protect him.

Sign this man up for another Nintendo collaboration!
jrDev
(08-28-2017, 10:37 PM)
Perfect OT Title lol!
Cartho
(08-28-2017, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by wildvine47

Spoiler question: Is there any reference at all to Rayman or any non-Rabbid Rayman content in this game? It's the only possible good thing left that might come of this game :/

Not sure why you needed to spoiler tag that.

Also not sure about the bloded. I mean everyone who has played it says it's absolutely brilliant fun. Don't know why a fun, well crafted, inventive game is proving so distressing for you...
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(08-28-2017, 10:43 PM)
So when is the long war mod coming out for this?
Duchess O'Death
(08-28-2017, 10:44 PM)
When will the game unlock on the US eshop?
Dougald

Originally Posted by Majora

No, it's nowhere near as soul-crushingly hard as XCOM but it was never going to be. It's a Mario game whereas XCOM is one of the most unforgiving games I've ever played.

That doesn't mean it's a total pushover by any means; you still need patience and the ability to plan ahead but you're in the wrong place if you want rock hard difficulty.

I'd take anything that punishes a failure to plan with retribution, I'm not quite expecting impossible ironman level stuff (though I wouldn't turn it down). I guess I'll wait to read/see some impressions this week before I decide between this and Yakuza
FreedomFighter

Originally Posted by KZXcellent

Game of the Year

Haha!
OrbitalBeard
(08-28-2017, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Duchess O'Death

When will the game unlock on the US eshop?

No one knows. Could be anywhere from midnight ET to noon.
Duchess O'Death
(08-28-2017, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

No one knows. Could be anywhere from midnight ET to noon.

Shame. PSN games unlock at 9pm the night before here.
wildvine47
(08-28-2017, 10:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Cartho

Not sure why you needed to spoiler tag that.

Also not sure about the bolded. I mean everyone who has played it says it's absolutely brilliant fun. Don't know why a fun, well crafted, inventive game is proving so distressing for you...

Well the answer would definitely be a spoiler, but you're right, the question itself isn't.

Also, I've despised the existence of this game since we first heard it rumored, but I've gone over that in other threads and I don't want to spoil the fun of people actually playing it, so I won't go into that here. To be concise, let's just say that, to me, any kind of Rayman cameo would be the lone diamond in an entire planet of rough.
OrbitalBeard
(08-28-2017, 10:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Duchess O'Death

Shame. PSN games unlock at 9pm the night before here.

Well, 9 PM PT, which is 12 AM ET. Most Nintendo first party games unlock at that time as well, but since this is a Ubi title, it could unlock later.
WordAssassin
(08-28-2017, 11:04 PM)

Originally Posted by LowSignal

Anybody going to bestbuy to get that sweet Mario Rabbids hat?

Eh???

Edit: Aw, you have to buy the game AND a figure or other Switch game, blerf \:
Neiteio
(08-28-2017, 11:05 PM)

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

Well, 9 PM PT, which is 12 AM ET. Most Nintendo first party games unlock at that time as well, but since this is a Ubi title, it could unlock later.

I just remembered: Sonic Mania unlocked at 3 a.m. EST. I guess they wanted it to be midnight on the West Coast. I wonder if the same will hold true for Mario + Rabbids?

Itching to download this bad boy!
Raknar
(08-28-2017, 11:07 PM)
The game has just gone up on the Russian e-shop.
Watch Da Birdie
I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
(08-28-2017, 11:08 PM)
Well, guess I'm getting this. I need a good single-player game to break my Switch in and this seems neat, never played XCOM but I heard Codename S.T.E.A.M. was a lot like it and I adored that game...

Hmm, this game doing well probably means if Nintendo needs another XCOM-like title they'll go to Ubisoft instead of Intelli Systems for a S.T.E.A.M. sequel, that sucks.
Moose84
(08-28-2017, 11:15 PM)
I don't know why exactly, but I still think that artwork shot of Mario looks off somehow. Is it the mouth?
TheGreatMightyPoo
Banned
(08-28-2017, 11:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Raknar

Thanks Trump
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(08-28-2017, 11:19 PM)

Originally Posted by TheGreatMightyPoo

Thanks Trump

LOL
kAmui-
(08-28-2017, 11:23 PM)
I shouldn't have checked the e-shop just before going to bed. Now I'm not going to bed just yet.
faridmon
(08-28-2017, 11:24 PM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVYnrkAiYxc

This cracked me up.

Well done whoever did this
JCH!
(08-28-2017, 11:24 PM)

Nice! Downloading now.
Raknar
(08-28-2017, 11:25 PM)

Originally Posted by TheGreatMightyPoo

Thanks Trump

We've got to support our comrades in Russia, bigly! The failing IGN has been spouting fake reviews in response to this Mario & Rabbid experiment. SAD! ..
Sutton Dagger
(08-28-2017, 11:25 PM)
Judt about to go out to the shops to pick up my pre-order, so excited.

Couple of quick questions, is it 720p hand-held and 900p docked? Does it have touch screen controls too?
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(08-28-2017, 11:26 PM)

Originally Posted by jrDev

Perfect OT Title lol!

When I read it

Wamb0wneD
(08-28-2017, 11:30 PM)
If this doesn't go up in half an hour I'm going to be sad. :/
Power Shot
(08-28-2017, 11:33 PM)
I came so close to tricking a Walmart into giving me an early copy today, but they wouldn't let me take it because of the street date. I literally almost had it.

Debating if I want to drive to a nearby Walmart and buy it at midnight, but I need to teach tomorrow at 8am.
B00TE
(08-28-2017, 11:36 PM)

Originally Posted by HK-47

So when is the long war mod coming out for this?

I would play the shit out of this
Neiteio
(08-28-2017, 11:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Power Shot

I came so close to tricking a Walmart into giving me an early copy today, but they wouldn't let me take it because of the street date. I literally almost had it.

Debating if I want to drive to a nearby Walmart and buy it at midnight, but I need to teach tomorrow at 8am.

Take the Switch to school and teach your students how to survive the Rabbids apocalypse abwahcolypse
jack_package_200
Banned
(08-28-2017, 11:44 PM)
Where are the OST youtube rips?

I want that Kirkhope goodness
Twookie
(08-28-2017, 11:56 PM)
Does the eshop update at midnight?

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't because it's Nintendo we're dealing with, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt
mauaus
(08-29-2017, 12:01 AM)

Is this game cheaper in russia like Sonic was?
Neiteio
(08-29-2017, 12:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Twookie

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't because it's Nintendo we're dealing with, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

Depends on the game and on where you live. For example, Sonic Mania was midnight... on the West Coast, so those of us on the East had to wait til 3 a.m.
Wamb0wneD
(08-29-2017, 12:03 AM)
Aaaand it's midnight in Germany...nothing. Fuck...
serenewarfare
Banned

Sonic was midnight PST. So this one will probably be midnight, either EST or PST.
Twookie
It's up in Norway now, pleasantly surprised
SirShandy
(08-29-2017, 12:05 AM)

Actually, Nintendo's first party retail titles typically release at midnight EST, but this is a third party title (actually being published by Ubisoft), so it's unknown whether it will release at midnight (EST or PST), or even by noon tomorrow, EST.

But since it's already released in Russia at midnight in one of their time zones, I'm going to guess it will release in the US at midnight PST, the same time as Sonic Mania.

Edit: Didn't realize you were in Norway. Cool that the game's up.