• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

ZeroX03

Banned
Just started a couple of days ago, haven't even gotten a single ending lol.

Self destruct at base

Ending achieved

Forgive me, I am trying to decide if I want to get this on PS4 or PC. I do have a Pro, and while my computer is old, it has an Core i7 920 with a GTX 970, which is usually enough to run things on High at 1080p.

PC has performance, PS4 has playerbase. I haven't seen Tekken on a 970 I think, but a 980 smashed it on 1080p.

The cloth physics in this game are kind of distracting, it's too springy or something.

edit: aw here we go, cuddle_core about to clean house

KillLaCam

Banned
Do we even know what the Pro enhacements are for this?

Nope. The only thing ive heard was that the loading screen animation doesnt lag in the pro. Digital Foundry should probably already have the game so we'll have a breakdown soon.

A while ago Harada did say that there's a big difference inbetween the Pro and normal versions though.

"Microsoft hasn’t really announced many details about Scorpio yet, so there isn’t a whole lot we can say about that, and then, for the PS4 Pro, the only thing we can say is there is a noticeable difference in the graphical quality, so for those people who have a PS4 Pro, we hope that you’ll play the game on that platform"

https://www.psu.com/news/32863/tekken-7-ps4-pro-graphics-quality

I'd say the majority of competitive Tekken players prefer stick, especially anyone out of Asia, but there's still a decent pad contingent.

But I mean if you play arcade... there hasn't been pad support there in a long time.

Man I thought it was so cool when you could bring your controller to the arcades for what was in Tekken 5, or did 4 have it too? Was so cool.

Dereck

f9fPd6J.png

popcorn_gus.gif

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
He may not have blamed the resolution but...thinking that changing resolution mid-game has any impact whatsoever is silly.

Even if dropping resolution to 720p DID work (which I doubt as PS4 games never support this - they simply downscale unlike PS3), it would never work unless you restarted the game.

As someone who played a good deal of Tekken 2 and 3 (T2 was the game I got with my PS1) but hasn't really played any subsequent games, I'm pretty interested in this.

Tekken always felt good on controller for me (compared to Street Fighter for example) and I could use a good fighting game on my PS4 (that's not stick reliant for me!).

The bit of Tekken 4 I played felt really weird, but Tekken 5 was cool (didn't own a PS2 at the time). How's the read on Tekken 7 from the community? Is it something a classic fan could gell with esily enough?

Kotaku wrote an article: http://compete.kotaku.com/tekken-7-...86.1122916349.1495954318-621529952.1478635795

If you don't want to read the article then the gist is:

Kodee was playing TanuKana and thought that there was increased lag due to the resolution of either the monitor or the console. Before going to character select/rematching, he went into the options of the PS4 and reduced the resolution to 720p, thinking it might alleviate the issue. It didn't and he lost and he took it gracefully.

Kotaku being kotaku made it a much bigger deal than it is.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tell us about the death threat.

I was playing Wang, and the poor soul didn't know how to get off the ground properly, so basically I just did Wang's sweep into mid kick over and over til he died for the first round. Then second round I did this He slamed down on the machine and spun around and pulled a knife on me told me if I really wanted to fight I should step outside. He then ran away like a little bitch like literally, he sprinted out of the place. I should have been about 16 or 17 at the time dude looked to be nearing his 30's lol

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I was playing Wang, and the poor soul didn't know how to get off the ground properly, so basically I just did Wang's sweep into mid kick over and over til he died for the first round. Then second round I did this He slamed down on the machine and spun around and pulled a knife on me told me if I really wanted to fight I should step outside. He then ran away like a little bitch like literally, he sprinted out of the place.

KODJj8.gif

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Kotaku wrote an article: http://compete.kotaku.com/tekken-7-...86.1122916349.1495954318-621529952.1478635795

If you don't want to read the article then the gist is:

Kodee was playing TanuKana and thought that there was increased lag due to the resolution of either the monitor or the console. Before going to character select/rematching, he went into the options of the PS4 and reduced the resolution to 720p, thinking it might alleviate the issue. It didn't and he lost and he took it gracefully.

Kotaku being kotaku made it a much bigger deal than it is.
You will get scaling lag going non-native on a non CRT display. I think they should use the Pro for tourneys (or, in a perfect world, PCs connected to monitors).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm going to be very very bad at this for 3 or 4 days. Need to freaking shake off years of rust and bring back my old T5 self. THEN adjust to all the new stuff :D

Marvel

could never
I am very excited though, gonna be weird using the bone pad but I'll adjust eventually. Haven't played Tekken for well over a decade.

Can't wait to play as KING again.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
What are the chances that Armor King or Roger (Jr.) makes the games as DLC? They didn't have to take my characters like that...

We can only hope. Roger is my top most wanted right now, next to Lei.

I've been expressing my interest to Harada for a few months on Twitter. Politely, I think. I always try to explain something I like about the character or think of something new to say. I don't think spamming "GIVE US ANNA" or "LEI or NO BUY" on every Tekken post is attractive, for instance.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
PC has performance, PS4 has playerbase. I haven't seen Tekken on a 970 I think, but a 980 smashed it on 1080p.

That's good to hear. If a 980 is having no problem then dual 970's should have it on lock. I just hope they'll release a profile for it before hand.

Danielsan

Well, just ordered the PS4 version, and got myself a HRAP4 stick yesterday, I've never been a stick player, so it will probably take some time for me to get comfortable with stick play. And even if I get comfortable with the stick, I fully expect to get bodied online.

Will try to get a few hours of stick practice in on Tekken 6 the next couple of days.

Aggelos

TEKKEN 7 - Mishima Building [ Metallic Experience 1st ] Console Soundtracks |『 鉄拳7 철권7』
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvX3e-mfxOs

TEKKEN 7 - Mishima Building Final Round [ Metallic Experience 2nd ] Console Soundtracks |『 鉄拳7 철권7』
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7VXKIxs1vw

TEKKEN 7 Paul Phoenix Arcade Mode First Play through | Playstation 4 PRO Console 4K 60FPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHw1IJ92idg

TEKKEN 7 (PS4) 11 Minutes Lee Treasure Mode Gameplay + New Stages (1080p 60fps)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z90Z-yzbyqA

Top Bottom