• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

jett

D-Member
Damn, game's already out in the wild here in Peru lol. A freaking week early... I'd get it but I'm busy with Nier Automata right now, though I might drop by a friend's house and play some matches. This is the first Tekken game I want to learn properly.

Y1QgPX6.png

That's a surprising amount of Tekken boxes on display. Do you still buy your stuff in Polvos Azules? I'm a PC gamer now so I haven't gone there in ages lol. Maybe it has changed a lot.

Yudoken

Forgive me, I am trying to decide if I want to get this on PS4 or PC. I do have a Pro, and while my computer is old, it has an Core i7 920 with a GTX 970, which is usually enough to run things on High at 1080p.

Your computer is still a good machine and 1080p with high settings should be possible (maybe more).

Playerbase will be bigger on PS4 but the PC version will have a quite a lot of players too.
I mean the argument with playerbase is maybe good in FIFA franchise but Tekken 7 on pc will have more than enough players to play against yoou.

First Tekken on pc, no Injustice 2 (so more people were waiting for it), much cheaper price and it has good launch content and pc support.

Unless you're a pro player who needs to play against the absolute best regularly on a tournament standard get the pc version.

jett

D-Member
Your computer is still a good machine and 1080p with high settings should be possible (maybe more).

Playerbase will be bigger on PS4 but the PC version will have a quite a lot of players too.
I mean the argument with playerbase is maybe good in FIFA franchise but Tekken 7 on pc will have more than enough players to play against yoou.

First Tekken on pc, no Injustice 2 (so more people were waiting for it), much cheaper price and it has good launch content and pc support.

Unless you're a pro player who needs to play against the absolute best regularly on a tournament standard get the pc version.

If anything the lower amount of players will greatly increase the skill level of online play. At least that's my experience with small playerbases.

It's a real shame they couldn't implement crossplay. I'm not sure I get it. How can Rocket League on PC have crossplay with both Playstation and Xbox?

New002

If anything the lower amount of players will greatly increase the skill level of online play. At least that's my experience with small playerbases.

It's a real shame they couldn't implement crossplay. I'm not sure I get it. How can Rocket League on PC have crossplay with both Playstation and Xbox?

I just assume it's less of a couldn't situation and more of a wouldn't one, for whatever reason. Still trying to decide between this or Injustice 2. Was all in on Injustice 2 but played some TTT2 with a buddy yesterday and it's got me hyped for Tekken :p. No time or skill for both.

Rocket League games connect to a universal server on which everyone plays. Tekken 7 has P2P connections which involve connecting directly to the devices in question. Sony or Microsoft probably don't want their devices connecting to each other or both connecting to the same PC for the sake of the tournament mode.

So do all Day one Editions contain Eliza? I thought it was only pre-orders, but on both the official site and Best Buy it says all Day one Editions include Eliza.

So can someone explain treasure mode? Is it the main single player mode next to arcade and story? When you get treasure do you get it for all characters or just the one you're playing as? Are certain items limited to your rank? What does rank exactly do?

J-Skee

Do we know if there's going to be a proper tutorial/training mode in the gane? I love Tekken, but I've been doing the same combos since T5 & have yet to learn how to juggle.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Do we know if there's going to be a proper tutorial/training mode in the gane? I love Tekken, but I've been doing the same combos since T5 & have yet to learn how to juggle.

You should poke through the moves lists again in Tekken 6 and Tag 2. Each character has about 5 sample combos that include juggles. 7 should have the same.

Damn, game's already out in the wild here in Peru lol. A freaking week early...
I mean technically the game's been out for over two years at this point. I think a street date is silly in the name of keeping things fair across the player base. I'm just frustrated from waiting so long.

BigEmil

Kotaku wrote an article: http://compete.kotaku.com/tekken-7-...86.1122916349.1495954318-621529952.1478635795

If you don't want to read the article then the gist is:

Kodee was playing TanuKana and thought that there was increased lag due to the resolution of either the monitor or the console. Before going to character select/rematching, he went into the options of the PS4 and reduced the resolution to 720p, thinking it might alleviate the issue. It didn't and he lost and he took it gracefully.

Kotaku being kotaku made it a much bigger deal than it is.
Wew

So can someone explain treasure mode? Is it the main single player mode next to arcade and story? When you get treasure do you get it for all characters or just the one you're playing as? Are certain items limited to your rank? What does rank exactly do?

Yeah, it's an endless-type single player mode where you fight various opponents that get harder as you go along. By beating folks you get in game currency and items, some of which are character specific and some are not.

You also get 'special' fights, for example with the Devil Kazumi boss, with weird rules like double speed or double damage, or against a rare opponent using the same character as you which can net you a special item to equip.

Offline rank is separate from online rank and is just a number to make it seem like you're getting a bit better i guess. I don't think it affects which items you can use at all.

Yeah, it's an endless-type single player mode where you fight various opponents that get harder as you go along. By beating folks you get in game currency and items, some of which are character specific and some are not.

You also get 'special' fights, for example with the Devil Kazumi boss, with weird rules like double speed or double damage, or against a rare opponent using the same character as you which can net you a special item to equip.

Yeah, I get all that but do you only get items for your current character or for all characters?

Yudoken

The game is in high demand on pc so I won't worry at all about not enough similar (un)skilled players from my region. The playerbase is going to fine unless you're a high tournament player and needs to compete against best.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Worth noting that he rather rudely went straight into the options without even consulting his opponent or the judges, which didn't help his case:

Just popped in and without context, that should be immediate disqualification. Like what the fuck was he doing? His opponent looks just as confused. At least turn and say "hey I need to invert my y-axis or turn off rumble" real quick. What is going on here exactly?

Oh just saw the article. Still think a resolution change should be confirmed by judges or discussed. Not for him to just adjust himself so freely mid match. Have common sense and call a quick timeout first ffs. Fully agree with you. Unsporting and irresponsible.

Are there any leaks on what that mystery mode is?

I'm guessing a 1 hour Call of Duty styled FPS campaign. Tekken of Duty starring Lei Wulong.

MoogleMan

Just popped in and without context, that should be immediate disqualification. Like what the fuck was he doing? His opponent looks just as confused. At least turn and say "hey I need to invert my y-axis or turn off rumble" real quick. What is going on here exactly?

Oh just saw the article. Still think a resolution change should be confirmed by judges or discussed. Not for him to just adjust himself so freely mid match. Have common sense and call a quick timeout first ffs. Fully agree with you. Unsporting and irresponsible.

He just got perfect round bodied and was salty. Nothing complicated about it at all. Basic example of a sore loser throwing a mini-tantrum after a bad loss.

Probably didn't want to make it even more expensive. There's really no price benefit to getting the deluxe version, I think you only get some extra skins.
It's a bit cheaper to get the deluxe edition on pc depending on where you shop. Gamersgate still has it for $61.49 and you get eliza too.

I got mine from humble before the gamersgate sale started; it's full price there but humble monthly gets you 10% off, plus you can get 5% back of the retail price back in your humble wallet, so it comes out to around $64.

cordy

Banned
As someone who played a good deal of Tekken 2 and 3 (T2 was the game I got with my PS1) but hasn't really played any subsequent games, I'm pretty interested in this.

Tekken always felt good on controller for me (compared to Street Fighter for example) and I could use a good fighting game on my PS4 (that's not stick reliant for me!).

The bit of Tekken 4 I played felt really weird, but Tekken 5 was cool (didn't own a PS2 at the time). How's the read on Tekken 7 from the community? Is it something a classic fan could gell with esily enough?

You'll be fine.

Doomshine

There's supposed to be a Tekken Talk on May 30th I think, so maybe we'll get some season pass info there. I don't know what else they could possible tell or show us before launch that we haven't seen already.

Offline rank is separate from online rank and is just a number to make it seem like you're getting a bit better i guess. I don't think it affects which items you can use at all.

So is this mode anything like VF4 evo mode which is the greatest single player mode in fighting game history?

So is this mode anything like VF4 evo mode which is the greatest single player mode in fighting game history?

I wish, that's the one where you went around to all the different arcades right? This.. isn't that.

It seems solid enough though. Ghost mode was pretty fun and decent-ish practice in TTT2 and this is like that. Plus it has Turbo Battle from TR which is actually rather fun to mess around with. You can do the most preposterous juggles.

I wish, that's the one where you went around to all the different arcades right? This.. isn't that.

It seems solid enough though. Ghost mode was pretty fun and decent-ish practice in TTT2 and this is like that. Plus it has Turbo Battle from TR which is actually rather fun to mess around with. You can do the most preposterous juggles.

Yeah that VF mode captured the feeling of going from arcade to arcade getting better and better while fighting the saved templates of some of the best real life fighters. It was so damn good. Basically I need something that will give me many many hours to mess with in single player. I'm not much an online player

Just reported the Tekken 7 gaf ad as it's false advertisement.
I didn't see clown noses or full cakes on their heads. Not representative at all. =P

Almost here! I have the following week off work.
It's a big improvement over ttt2 last gen version in every aspect that's for sure not just resolution

It will look much better. It's not gonna look jaggie like it does with Tag 2.

Of course there's also the pc version if you want the best visuals but you really won't have those big ugly jaggies even on a regular PS4.

Reviews are out soon an digital foundry will have some detailed comparisons with all versions sooner or later if you're that concerned.
I should add that my concern comes from watching OG PS4 and Pro YouTube vids and noticing the difference and even thinking TT2 looks more vibrant than what I've seen of T7 vanilla ps4. Pro retains the vibrancy so I'm having a hard time chalking it up to it just being because of YT.

TEKKEN 7 - Infinite Azure [ Moonsiders 1st ] Console Soundtrack 『鉄拳7 철권7』
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvdmh0DcmA

This reminds me, past Tekkens have had the option to select arcade and arranged soundtracks, and from what I recall, newer Tekkens shared the same soundtrack between arcade and console releases. But 7, again - based on what I can recall, has different soundtracks and even stages between vanilla and FR...

So how will this work for the console release? Will we even get the older music in jukebox mode? How about alternate stages?

Here are all the Tekken characters sack-ified for the LittleBigPlanet 3 DLC pack:

Bit of a random selection, but pretty nifty otherwise.
Impossible to see all of these on mobile, btw.

Nvm, fixed lol.

I'm in, but yeah, I'm surprised at the lack of Hei and Kaz since the whole Mishima saga and all.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Why does the expensive collecters edition not come with a season pass...
Not sure what you mean, the Collector's Edition I have pre ordered says it comes with the Season Pass.
TEKKEN 7 Collector's edition, increase the thrill of the fight and receive as a reward the deluxe edition including the season pass, a 30cm high aerial figure of Heihachi and Kazuya, a steelbook case, the OST and the collector's box

LowParry

Are you from Europe? The US Collector's Edition doesn't include the Season Pass, the EU one does.

The PSN store, Deluxe Edition has the Season Pass?

"Purchase TEKKEN 7 - Deluxe Edition and get the most complete experience from TEKKEN 7! This edition includes the full TEKKEN 7 game and all additional content eligible to the Season Pass."

The wording is really weird.

HardRojo

That's a surprising amount of Tekken boxes on display. Do you still buy your stuff in Polvos Azules? I'm a PC gamer now so I haven't gone there in ages lol. Maybe it has changed a lot.
I go there every now and then (Rosados too as it's closer to my place), mostly when I'm trying to find a US cover of the games I want to buy, but that's proving to be a taxing experience nowadays since most games are coming over with the Latam ESRB labels and Spanish text.

Top Bottom