• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
p3U8bjS.gif

Eldest son had his year 3 Little League tryouts this evening. Middle son goes in tomorrow for his 1st ever.

Perfect timing too - all the local retailers have last year's stock on sale.

In lieu of the NJ.com interview with Goose Gossage, who continued to spew verbal diarrhea, NBC Sports offers a different take:

I'm posting about it, though. Not to draw attention to his views, but to draw attention to the interview in which they came. They're posted at NJ.com, which printed the actual transcript of the interview of Gossage by reporter Randy Miller. If you go read it, look more closely at the questions than the answers.

But it's also one which Miller then pursues to a questionable degree, setting up questions on a tee that are clearly calculated to get Gossage going on those well-worn topics. Stuff like ”You were a three-inning guy, right?" ”Do you miss the old days?" ”Do you think pitchers are being babied nowadays?" etc. etc. Anyone who has paid a lick of attention over the past couple of years knows exactly what Gossage is going to say about those things.

I'm not trying to be too hard on Miller here, as he has a job to do. But at some point this is like bear-baiting. I know Gossage has brought a lot of this stuff on himself in the past couple of years — and I suspect that, maybe, he just doesn't care — but he's a Hall of Famer and a human being at at some point it strikes me that laying off of that stuff with him is the right thing to do.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/02/17/goose-gossage-rants-against-modern-baseball-again-but-at-this-point-its-not-his-fault/

Betances wanted a multi-year deal. Yankees said no.

Then he wanted 5m. Yankees said no.

Now he's trapped, being suffocated by the soulless husk that is the New York Yankees baseball team.

#FreeBetances

I can't stop watching MLB Network, even if Harold is hosting this breakdown show. It's like I don't even care anymore.

DODGER GAF - pads doyers start with a 4 game set in LA. Avatar bet that the Padres can win at least 1 game in the series?

Malo

Banned
Betances wanted a multi-year deal. Yankees said no.

Then he wanted 5m. Yankees said no.

Now he's trapped, being suffocated by the soulless husk that is the New York Yankees baseball team.

#FreeBetances
Vlad Jr and Sean Reid-Foley for Betances.
I can't stop watching MLB Network, even if Harold is hosting this breakdown show. It's like I don't even care anymore.
MLB Network is the only thing I regret/miss about cutting off cable.

Malo

Banned
Bryan Hoch

Randy Levine said that Dellin Betances' $5 million request might as well have been $50 million. "He doesn't have the stats."

Randy Levine said that $3 million should be a "great victory for Dellin Betances," and his $5M request "had no bearings in reality."

Betances is definitely gone when he hits FA. Levine continues to be an idiot.

Bryan Hoch

Randy Levine said that Dellin Betances' $5 million request might as well have been $50 million. "He doesn't have the stats."

Randy Levine said that $3 million should be a "great victory for Dellin Betances," and his $5M request "had no bearings in reality."

And I was just joking before. :/

Malo

Banned
Joel Sherman

Murray said Levine called Betances "Dylan" not "Dellin" Also: "#Yankees hid behind the (arb) system. It is really unfortunate."

Can we please put Levine in the same bunker Hank is in.

Angels to stay in Anaheim through at least 2029

In his first news conference since October 2015, Angels owner Arte Moreno said Saturday that his team is staying at Angel Stadium for the foreseeable future.

The franchise holds the right to opt out of its Angel Stadium lease in 2019 and has long been considering a move within Orange County around that. But no suitable location has been found, so they will stay. Moreno said the club holds additional opt-out opportunities in 2028 and 2038, although, as written, the lease expires at the end of 2029 and then contains three three-year opt-in clauses, extending through 2038.

Opened in 1966, Angel Stadium is the fourth-oldest stadium in Major League Baseball. Fifteen of the league’s 30 teams will play this season in stadiums opened in 2000 or later.

Speaking at Tempe Diablo Stadium ahead of his club’s first scheduled full-squad workout of 2017, Moreno said he believed any move would require at least three years of advance planning because of environmental restrictions in California.

“It’s going to take some time to get ourselves prepared to see what direction we’re going to go,” Moreno said. “We have options with the lease, whether we exercise them or not. We really have options all the way through ’38. We have flexibility.”

The Times reported in August that the developer of one proposed site in Tustin said his firm could not structure a deal that made economic sense for the development company, for Tustin and for the Angels.

Moreno said the franchise spent $1.5 million to install LED lights in the stadium over the off-season. They were first deployed during supercross events last month.

“If we were leaving, we wouldn’t be spending any capital on lights,” he said.

Beckx

Bryan Hoch

what an asshole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom