• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT V: Switch Exclusive

Why are people saying it's exclusive? At no point in the trailer does it say only for switch or anything like that, it just has the switch logo. it's still entirely possible to see a PS4 release, unless there was some press info that Atlus put out saying it is only on Switch?

I wonder what stage of denial this is

EDarkness

Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time a new platform is announced for a game at a later date.

True, things change all the time. Though, at this point in time the game is only for the NS. If that changes later, then we can all be happy there's another version as well.

Champion

The one where I'd rather play it on a platform I own rather than one which I don't? Oh well, even if it does remain exclusive, at least I could borrow my friend's switch to play it instead, but that's still annoying.
Why didn't you just say this in the first place instead of beating around the bush with those stealth port-begging posts? You think you're gonna get banned for it or something? Seriously, look around. Mods have bigger things to worry about.

Thalnos

Neo Member
Why didn't you just say this in the first place instead of beating around the bush with those stealth port-begging posts? You think you're gonna get banned for it or something? Seriously, look around. Mods have bigger things to worry about.

Because I wasn't port begging? I have a way to play it even if it is on the switch, I was just curious why people are saying it's definitely switch exclusive when there's nothing saying that explicitly. Especially considering up until now it was called "HD Project" and not "Switch Project" when the game sitting next to it on the site was labeled as "3DS Project"

Dingens

btw you can watch it on your switch if you have an active japanese account. (it's listet at the top of the news section).
Looks waaaaay better on the switch screen than it does on my computer

Slythe

This would be my first in the series. I might just roll with it, I need to get better at my fear of playing games out of order. It keeps me from experiencing a lot of great stuff.

kingbean

I hope it's more advanced than the current 3ds SMT games. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy them, but something new would be nice. I don't know how they could do that without making it too much like a Persona game. Either way, I have faith.

KLoWn

Looks damn good! Even though we didn't get to see much lol.

Sucks that it'll probably be a 2019 release by the earliest.

OuterLimits

It's strange to me that Atlus loves making most of their games exclusive to one platform. I have a Switch, 3DS and PS4, so fortunately I can play the Atlus games I'm interested in.

However, I would imagine they could make more money by putting Persona 5 on Switch and SMT V on PS4.

Excited for the game. Enjoyed the 3DS ones, especially Apocalypse.

AzureFlame

for the Nintendo Switch

V9JDPez.jpg

Youtube link: https://youtu.be/bvyCAFV9MbM

Hype!!!

ffvorax

The only SMT (of the main series, I actually loved all the spin-off... Digita Devil, Persona. etc...) that I liked is III (1-2 remaster were decent too)... I abandoned IV for boredom, so if V will be similar I don't care... if not, then damn... :\

Soriku

Not 100% convinced it's exclusive just yet, but either way I have a PS4 and a Switch. I got my Switch for exclusives, so bring it.

Music sounds dope as always, can't wait to have SMT on the TV again.

Scrawnton

I’m pretty shocked Altus went full exclusive with this one. Would be nice to see the rumored P3 and P4 remakes hit Switch as well.

Hydrargyrus

Wow
This caught me off guard. I thought it was going to be for PS4 for sure.

Looks really well, but I don't have a Switch... Damn!

Blunoise

I’m pretty shocked Altus went full exclusive with this one. Would be nice to see the rumored P3 and P4 remakes hit Switch as well.
How? When the others were 3ds exclusive. I swear the fanboys of other systems being mad that a system has exclusive is aggravating. But it’s ok for p5 to stay a Sony exclusive.(btw not saying your a fanboy, but from I’m seeing from others in here)
And ppl complaining they can’t get a switch because of money. The game is like a year or two away, and no one can get $300 by then??

How? When the others were 3ds exclusive. I swear the fanboys of other systems being mad that a system has exclusive is aggravating. But it’s ok for p5 to stay a Sony exclusive.(btw not saying your a fanboy, but from I’m seeing from others in here)
And ppl complaining they can’t get a switch because of money. The game is like a year or two away, and no one can get $300 by then??

Lol

Biske

It's strange to me that Atlus loves making most of their games exclusive to one platform. I have a Switch, 3DS and PS4, so fortunately I can play the Atlus games I'm interested in.

However, I would imagine they could make more money by putting Persona 5 on Switch and SMT V on PS4.

Excited for the game. Enjoyed the 3DS ones, especially Apocalypse.

They seem to have mastered a limited approach and making enough of there games to do well and not get crazy and suffer huge losses by over extending themselves. One would think they'd make more with more options, but I dunno. Catherine was multiplatform wasn't it? Did that sell more than usual for ATLUS? Maybe a bad example given the game

I've just imagined they work out sweet deals with Sony for Persona or Nintendo etc and that does well for them.

Scrawnton

I have a Switch. I’m excited as heck for this game especially after playing SMT4 on 3DS. I just assumed, like a lot of people did at reveal, that it’d be a multiplatform game with their choice to not call it an exclusive out of the gate and to go with unreal engine.

Regardless, it’s a day one purchase on Switch, which I would’ve bought over a PS4 version anyway.

Scrawnton

Wish it comes later on to pc/ps4
I would be all for a late port if it means Switch will get a port of Persona 5. I’m not sure how Altus goes about making these decisions but in all honesty, P5 should be on Switch and SMTV should be on PS4 eventually also.

mejin

I remember someone in GAF told us Nintendo and Atlus were talking some kind of exclusivity. What we don't know if it is timed or if they went full exclusive.

Majukun

liked the persona, devil survivor and strange journey games of the franchise but didn't like the last one 3ds (i think it was smt 4?)

Top Bottom