• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2017

Phoenixus

Never really paid attention to it before, but when does the update for Japanese Nintendo downloads come out? Is it the same time as the US one?

I love Region Free Nintendo. :D

Robin64

Wonder what awesome Wii U VC thing will come this week.

Sadly I don't expect to see any VC for Switch in the PRs for ages, the news banner on the Switch itself says, under the bit about VC games with the online service, "Coming late 2017". :(

TheMoon

Wonder what awesome Wii U VC thing will come this week.

Sadly I don't expect to see any VC for Switch in the PRs for ages, the news banner on the Switch itself says, under the bit about VC games with the online service, "Coming late 2017". :(

if they added a comma after late, they could've added some much needed levity to that fact. :/

DKoops

Neo Member
I can't confirm this until I get the word from other countries, but locally... the European downloads PR will be now send out on Thursday.

tolkir

Nintendo Europe

post-54854-you-were-the-chosen-one-gif-Im-ouSk.gif

RpgN

It felt like they were heading in that direction. 2 of their recent deals were partly only announced on Thursday. I'm talking about the MH Generations and Zelda Promotions.

It felt good starting Monday with something to look forward to, but we'll probably get used to it if it's true.

Shame, having an announcement on Monday gave me enough time to research a game, ask for opinions, read old threads on it here (if VC), etc so then by the time Thursday came I was ready to buy it (or not).
I'll probably buy a lot less games on a Thursday now.

Monday announcement was better, I'd prefer America changing to that!

Booo!

To me this would make sense if there was now no difference in the updates and everyone just got the same thing but apparently that isn't the case still.

L~A

It felt like they were heading in that direction. 2 of their recent deals were partly only announced on Thursday. I'm talking about the MH Generations and Zelda Promotions.

It felt good starting Monday with something to look forward to, but we'll probably get used to it if it's true.

Nah, there's always been the occasional promotions and stuff not announced in the weekly PR.

But yeah, no more PR on Monday would suck really bad.

So right now we have:

- NoE: great and exhaustive PR with everything you need to know (hopefully they don't stop listing sales)
- NoA: trash PR with lots of missing stuff (price, etc.) and no sales
- NCL: lol eShop PR

RpgN

Nah, there's always been the occasional promotions and stuff not announced in the weekly PR.

But yeah, no more PR on Monday would suck really

Thanks for the correction, I didn't know that.

maxcriden

Mobot Studios (Paper Monsters Recut and Blocky Bot on Wii U, also ported The Deer God to Wii U) has shut down.

Although Mobot Studios won’t be around any longer, Crescent Moon Games will be handling the team’s games to ensure that they remain on the eShop.

Mobot is closed. PaperMonsters and WiiU titles remain available from @CM_Games – You can send non support questions to @SuperFletcher64 pic.twitter.com/mXbeavL1bc

— Mobot Studios closed (@mobotstudios) March 6, 2017

Via: NintendoEverything.com

Camjo-Z

For some reason I totally forgot to keep adding these threads to my subscriptions. Whoops!

I bought Shovel Knight to have something for Switch launch and after years of completely ignoring it and making fun of people who want him in Smash (which is still kind of dumb, he's only been in one game!!) I have to admit: it is a pretty gosh-darn good game. Levels keep taking me way too long to beat because I'm an idiot who keeps breaking checkpoints but it's fun enough that I don't really care.

I also grabbed FAST RMX and boy is it WAY better than the Wii U version right off the bat. Cups are vastly more palatable in groups of 3, the AI is much more toned down on the easiest difficulty than it was before, and I can actually get a chance at trying Hero Mode! The HD Rumble isn't anything too amazing but it is nice to finally have rumble on a handheld (we don't speak of that godawful noisy DS rumble pak. Drill Dozer was cool though I guess).

Orgen

Maybe the lack of region lock on switch means that we are going to get the same PR (and games) for both EU and U.S. from now on...

Rejoice US fans!!! You could play Terranigma ;D (if SE listen to me this time brbrbr)

TheMoon

Maybe the lack of region lock on switch means that we are going to get the same PR (and games) for both EU and U.S. from now on...

Rejoice US fans!!! You could play Terranigma ;D (if SE listen to me this time brbrbr)

I see you're still smoking the good stuff ;)

jmizzal

How much is the neogeo games on the Japanese Switch shop in American dollars? Would like to get king of fighters 98

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
there you go, a bomberman game worth playing over Super Bomberman R. Hell, I might give in & try out Bomberman '94.

Still bummed about no Bomberman Hero or The 2nd Attack, as I recall playing those instead of 64.

Created a Japanese account and downloaded Metal Slug 3 and the demos for Puyo Puyo Tetris and DQ Heroes 1&2 last week, love that the shops are region free now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It doesn't look like the US is even getting a VC title this week. Guess we've gotten everything we're getting until the Switch.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like the US is getting Bomberman 64 as well.

steveovig

I've been having a hard time with the difficulty of Super Bomberman R but Bomberman 64 looks pretty interesting to me. Is Bomberman 64 pretty difficult?

I've been waiting forever for Bomberman 64! I'm so happy I'll finally be able to download it tomorrow. I hate that it came after the Switch released but at least I still have a reason to use my Wii-U now :D

Robin64

Woke up to a news post on my Switch about how Blaster Master Zero was OUT NOW. I got all excited and thought Nintendo maybe updated Switch eShop earlier and that I could play it at work, but no, someone just got an itchy trigger finger as it is not really out now.

deleted

I've been waiting forever for Bomberman 64! I'm so happy I'll finally be able to download it tomorrow. I hate that it came after the Switch released but at least I still have a reason to use my Wii-U now :D

Please tell us, if it has functioning Controller Pack support. Otherwise it's next to unplayable in Single Player...

Hopefully that means it will also come out on Switch one day. I just love that game and will buy it for sure!

Robin64

Please tell us, if it has functioning Controller Pack support. Otherwise it's next to unplayable in Single Player...

That would be interesting, as other games that supported the Controller Pak don't have that feature on Wii U. If the emulator has been updated, then Goemon would work now.

TheMoon

Hopefully that means it will also come out on Switch one day. I just love that game and will buy it for sure!

You could work with save states if it turns out it doesn't let you hard save.

That would be interesting, as other games that supported the Controller Pak don't have that feature on Wii U. If the emulator has been updated, then Goemon would work now.

Don't play with my heart!

ramparter

Banned
But you can create save points in the vc emulator.

edit: Beaten.

Damn, and Goemon is a Konami game, could this... no.. must hold excitement...

Top Bottom