• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Szadek

Rage quit the game again last week due to a really nasty run of luck on a 1-3 Arena run when I had a decent deck. Managed to regain composure and reinstall it a few days ago and trying to make a conscious effort not to get salty and put losses behind me.
If you often quit a game, you should consider to stop playing entirely.

Tunoku

Yeah, Voraxx is bad. But you want to hold onto your bad legendaries. You can't open duplicate legendaries until you grab all the legendaries from that set. So you're one step closer to opening a legendary from Un'Goro that isn't garbage.

In before Warlock Quest.

scarlet

LfkObLh.jpg

Had to try 3 times, but finally I did it again.

But it's easier this time, cuz I didn't face a lot of druid. Most of it was tempo rogue.

Fewr

For those who play on phones, which do you use and which do you recommend?

I've been using my mom's old Moto G3, but a couple of weeks ago it's started crashing before the game starts.

I take my phone out for a run and to the gym all the time, so the smaller the better.

I'm thinking I could get an iPhone SE, iPhone 8 or one of those Sony compacts.

scarlet

I've been using my mom's old Moto G3, but a couple of weeks ago it's started crashing before the game starts.

I take my phone out for a run and to the gym all the time, so the smaller the better.

If you could get iPhone 8, then you should get it. But it's not small.

I played exclusively on my Samsung S7 edge. It's been great so far, but I might change phone next year, cuz after 1.5 years this game's killing my battery.

Ripenen

If you could get iPhone 8, then you should get it. But it's not small.

I played exclusively on my Samsung S7 edge. It's been great so far, but I might change phone next year, cuz after 1.5 years this game's killing my battery.

How much are you playing? I have an S7 edge as well and haven't noticed Hearthstone hitting my battery too hard, but I only play a few matches a day at most.

manhack

When I lose a game at rank 2 or 1 I get so dejected I just quit playing.

Yeah that is one of the toughest spots when trying to get Legend even if you are still rocking a >50% win rate every loss can be frustrating. My mantra at that point in the grind is "hit play" "hit play" "hit play".

It's the only way.

wiibomb

I'm using right now the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it is wonderful. you can even modify the config file from the game and the phone can play HS at glorious 60fps

although 60fps kills the battery much faster, so for now I'm only using it at normal 30fps

Pooya

healthy? hell no, priest is approaching shaman level population around karazhan, with only 10 days despite being targeted. Turns out you can't target it reliably. 22 percent at legend is crazy.

What this data tells you is that it's clear that the deck is far more successful with better players at the top than bulk of the ladder because they play it poorly or build their decks poorly. Give it some time, people will catch up. It's only going to get worse. I can safely say there is no reasonable counter to it, quest mage is not reasonable and hunter needs god curve opener and them fizzle out on answers to win. It's not that good.

healthy? hell no, priest is approaching shaman level population around karazhan, with only 10 days despite being targeted. Turns out you can't target it reliably.

What this data tells you is that it's clear that the deck is far more successful with better players at the top than bulk of the ladder because they play it poorly or build their decks poorly. Give it some time, people will catch up. It's only going to get worse. I can safely say is no reasonable counter to it, quest mage is not reasonable and hunter needs god curve opener and them fizzle out to win. It's not that good.

day before nerfs:
Druids 26.59%
Priest 15.41%
Disparity between top two classes being played was over 10%.

26th:
priest 18.44%
rogue 17.97%
Now, less than 1%.

Mage was 3rd least played class at 8.56%. 10% gap between priest and mage, the top most and mage at bottom 3.

This is obviously a much healthier meta. And going back further shaman was around 30% around it's peak btw. Priest is a far shot from that as of now.

Pooya

Of course it's not druid level broken but it will go up to shaman level soon enough around 25 percent, that was Blizzard's official number for shaman in the end. We have 2 months left! I expect it to be auto ban in tournaments. People can bring control line up, ban priest just beat the shit out of these hunters and rogues. Warlock and control warrior/paly actually are very good in a meta without priest. I honestly don't even look at all ranks percentage because most players are bad and honestly this deck demands more from player than aggro shaman or druid did. In that sense, it's not that bad.

What people miss in targeting the deck is that what might work this week against it, it might not work next week. You can build a 30 card deck like that in any way you want to make it better against something specific that tries to beat you. Double hydra is a thing? You can start running BGH. Something else? You can easily 2x shadowvisions in your deck, it's the best card and mulligan for it, it can be any answer you want while not affecting your deck very much because it's a good keep in opening. The deck can adapt to whatever you try to beat it with.

wiibomb

yup, meta for now is fixed..

the deck populations seems healthy and the amount of decks is good.

I find very interesting what the report mentions about the tech inclusions in the razakus priest, because it seems the deck is not only difficult to play, but also difficult to build, the tech choices must be personally picked instead of being netdecked.

that has been killing it for me since I don't have a good enough list to go to and I'm not sure about the tech choices I should include. specially since they become so dynamic

Of course it's not druid level broken but it will go up to shaman level soon enough around 25 percent, that was Blizzard's official number for shaman in the end. We have 2 months left! I expect it to be auto ban in tournaments. People can bring control line up, ban priest just beat the shit out of these hunters and rogues. Warlock and control warrior/paly actually are very good in a meta without priest. I honestly don't even look at all ranks percentage because most players are bad and honestly this deck demands more from player than aggro shaman or druid did. In that sense, it's not that bad.

What people miss in targeting the deck is that what might work this week against it, it might not work next week. You can build a 30 card deck like that in any way you want to make it better against something specific that tries to beat you. Double hydra is a thing? You can start running BGH. Something else? You can easily 2x shadowvisions in your deck, it's the best card and mulligan for it, it can be any answer you want while not affecting your deck very much because it's a good keep in opening. The deck can adapt to whatever you try to beat it with.

BGH will not likely increase their overwall winrate. So they probably will not be running it. I welcome them to try running 2x shadowvisions. It'll often screw up their turn 4 kazakus and I'll find that delightful as it will also affect the winrate heavily.

Yeah that is one of the toughest spots when trying to get Legend even if you are still rocking a >50% win rate every loss can be frustrating. My mantra at that point in the grind is "hit play" "hit play" "hit play".

It's the only way.

not worth it for legend. I admire anyone that can make the grind but I don't enjoy playing enough to push through those last 2 ranks.

Pooya

BGH will not likely increase their overwall winrate. So they probably will not be running it. I welcome them to try running 2x shadowvisions. It'll often screw up their turn 4 kazakus and I'll find that delightful as it will also affect the winrate heavily.

Of course it will help them, why wouldn't it, all you need against hunters is to stall their threats and pressure. Shadowvisions is often better than random kazakus potion you get on 4 which can easily be nothing good, in fact you rarely ever need Kazakus potion in this deck. This is not like Renolock that you could not afford your Reno to not be active on curve because you just died to aggro shaman and similar, priest does not die and this meta does not have aggro shaman or pirate warrior, the damage is more or less whatever is on board.

With a single duplicate btw you have over like 70 percent chance that your cards are active on curve. It already worked in renolock with 2x twilight drake back then. In a aggro heavy meta trying to target you that's fine because you don't necessarily win with those cards, you can play control instead.

Of course it will help them, why wouldn't it, all you need against hunters is to stall their threats and pressure. Shadowvisions is often better than random kazakus potion you get on 4 which can easily be nothing good, in fact you rarely ever need Kazakus potion in this deck. This is not like Renolock that you could not afford your Reno to not be active on curve because you just died to aggro shaman and similar, priest does not die and this meta does not have aggro shaman or pirate warrior, the damage is more or less whatever is on board.

With a single duplicate btw you have over like 70 percent chance that your cards are active on curve. It already worked in renolock with 2x twilight drake back then. In a aggro heavy meta trying to target you that's fine because you don't necessarily win with those cards, you can play control instead.

Kazakus is such a strong card that when you hit it on 4 you probably win the game. You don't want to compromise that card by even a small margin as your deck is already made inconsistent. You want those power spikes when you draw your OP cards and not having it enabled every time you draw it is a huge deal, especially for just an extra chance to draw shadowvisions. Honestly, for a shadow visions I wouldn't compromise the deck even a little let alone compromising powerful cards.

And for BGH, yes you improve some match ups but you hurt others. You're not likely increasing your overall winrate.

manhack

What this data tells you is that it's clear that the deck is far more successful with better players at the top than bulk of the ladder because they play it poorly or build their decks poorly. Give it some time, people will catch up. It's only going to get worse. I can safely say there is no reasonable counter to it, quest mage is not reasonable and hunter needs god curve opener and them fizzle out on answers to win. It's not that good.

The VS report is showing that Priest does have several bad match-ups and that Rogue is the one with only 1 bad match-up(aggro-druid).

It seems like we should be more worried about Rogue dominating the meta with the data we have here.

Nice, Lich Jaina at the bottom of my deck again. Took a Razakus Priest almost to fatigue too.

With my luck, I may just keep her in the mulligan.

Yeah I should, though in my last game I was playing Control DK Warlock and I figured it might've been Zoo. He just waited for me to die in fatigue.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I still struggle knowing when to keep essential late game cards in some matchups. Especially when sometimes you have stuff like a DK that you rely on to win the late game, but the ememy deck is probably midrange. Do you want that DK to get the W assuming you'll last to turn 8 or 10, or just give it up and mulligan for earlier cards? I am terrible at that shit.

The situation is easy when you can guess that it's an aggressive deck. Go for early game or anything that helps you survive. In longer matchups? I frequently feel like I am guessing.

TankUP

Mulligans is a spot where I feel like I've lost a lot of games. I've played my current deck for 300 games and I still don't feel confident with my mulls.

wiibomb

After 4 years of futility I have come to accept that I will never get past rank 15 without spending hundreds of dollars.

I'm helping a new guy who just got to rank 10 as a f2p and started about 2 months ago, it's really possible if you know what to look for and how to play

of course if you want to run a razakus priest then you probably need to pay money for dust.

if class cards just cost half as much dust as neutral cards the game wouldn't be so stupid with new people. they make it so freaking dumb to try out new classes. and lets say you bought a bunch of druid stuff right before the nerfs, you feel cheated and didn't even get any dust since mostly classic cards
i have like 70 legendaries and still don't play rogue since i'm missing autoinclude cards still. but the fact that a new player can really only play 1 or 2 classes at the start is a joke.

IceMarker

Just lost to a Priest with Flappybird, Bonemare, Hydra, and that 4/8 with Windfury as Taunt Warrior.

What the fuck is this world coming to?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you put Noggenfogger in your Razakus deck just to ruin an Exodia Mage's day, and it works like a charm. I'm just sad I forgot to run decktracker to record it but I'm sure there'll be another chance.

Won me a game against pirate warrior too. Not really any more than any 9 mana taunt would, but it's just a side benefit to making Exodia Mage and enemy Razakus really confused.

danowat

Banned
I don't have a huge amount of cards or dust to make that many decks, but I do have enough for an evolve shaman, it looks pretty decent and competitive, is the evolve shaman competitive in the ranked meta at the moment?

I was doing well with tempo secret mage, but that seems to have shate the bed in the meta, and I struggle with pirate warrior, as that seems to be very focused on particular draws, and not very flexible if you don't get lucky.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wasn't really intending to craft anything else from this set, but Keleseth seeming core to a lot of stuff? Otherwise I'm basically just sticking to only Token Shaman.

Curios Glimmerroot doesn't work in the crossroads brawl?

The fuck?

Yeah, I got screwed by this too. I don't think it works with any of the random brawls. I suspect it's because the game randomly creates cards as they're drawn, so there's no actual cards in your deck at any one time (unless it was placed there, ala Roaring Torch.) Just a theory, but that's how I make sense of it.

I guess it could also be because no cards "started" in your deck, and are only created when the game starts. I guess you could check by seeing if a Joust card works.

Hycran

Banned
Get Golden Plague from pack, sweet 800 dust

I decided to spend my remaining gold on packs. I managed to get my second ever copy of mind games from a classic pack, and then next pack I got a golden mind games.

Blizzard, mind games is OP please nerf thank you.

Edit: holy shit I just meme'd a rogue to death. Glimmerroot got me a swashburgler, dropped that which got me Valeera the hollow, dropped Valeera on 9 to prevent lethal, played double 5 mana Kazakus potions to deal 10 to face and clear the board, rogue still built up a board and unluckily landed the dragon buff on the wrong minion, allowing me to play double cleric into anduin for the board clear and the snap concede.

If I were the other guy I don't know if I would be laughing or pulling my fucking hair out.

Grief.exe

Wow I just played against the greediest priest I have ever seen.

Quest, Death Knight, Elise, Velen, Lyra, Kazakus, Raza, N'Zoth.

I ended up winning because he didn't run mind blast and burned his Lyra/Kazakus/Velen earlier on and I saved a clear for N'Zoth.

Top Bottom