• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

I am having a ridiculous amount of fun with this OTK Miracle Rogue deck I created:
### Miracle Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 1x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 2x (4) Tomb Pillager
# 2x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 1x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 2x (6) Vanish
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAEBAaIHCLICzQOTBNQF7QWRvAKBwgKA0wILtAHEAYwCmwW5BogHpAeGCcQWkrYC9bsCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I know that the Deckhand OTK combo has been used before, and it's not an original idea. But it's a list I've made all on my own over the last few days, so I'm counting it as mine! Vanish has made the deck MUCH more consistent. I was initially running a Shaku + Huckster + Hallucination package as well, but I found that my hand was often becoming filled with garbage I couldn't play without falling behind, and I would mill a key card (SO MANY TIMES). I've lost at least a dozen matches from a milled Cold Blood, Deckhand, or DK Valeera. I've also lost from Deathlord pulling a Faceless Manipulator from my deck. -_-

But I destroy all of the greedy decks in Wild. Even a Jade Druid with perfect ramp into UI! When he played Spreading Plague to counter my full board, it felt sooooo good to pop Vanish, Deckhand, triple Cold Blood, and win.

I'm just sick of playing against the same shit. Honestly been on the edge of quitting for a while, but at least Wild is fun.

EDIT: Wait a second... I'm having decent luck with a Tempo Warrior list... I have to resort to Bonemare/Scalebane shenanigans tho.

Arena is always different!

If we deleted tier 1, then the meta would shift and a new tier 1 would develop. There will always be a tier 1!

IceMarker

Arena is always different!

If we deleted tier 1, then the meta would shift and a new tier 1 would develop. There will always be a tier 1!

I can see why Kripp likes to stick to Arena... and yes, I'm kinda just battling an inevitable concept.

Anyways, here's the Tempo Warrior list I've had decent luck with in this meta.

### Scourgelord
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Animated Berserker
# 2x (2) Amani Berserker
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Execute
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Ravaging Ghoul
# 2x (3) Val'kyr Soulclaimer
# 2x (4) Blood Razor
# 2x (5) Alley Armorsmith
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 2x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 1x (8) Rotface
# 1x (8) Scourgelord Garrosh
#
AAECAQcE0gKGzQKgzgKf0wINkAPUBI4FkQaWBvsMgq0C/rwCyssCr80CzM0Cps4Cus4CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Man, I feel like this game is devolving into curvestone pretty badly right now.

Still way, WAY too many strong early game drops in Hearthstone, at least compared to the number of actual decent defensive options in the early game.

IceMarker

Man, I feel like this game is devolving into curvestone pretty badly right now.

Still way, WAY too many strong early game drops in Hearthstone, at least compared to the number of actual decent defensive options in the early game.

Except then you get matched against Priest and you have to basically pray they don't draw 5 and 8, then none of what you did before turn 5 mattered.

Bunga

Rage quit the game again last week due to a really nasty run of luck on a 1-3 Arena run when I had a decent deck. Managed to regain composure and reinstall it a few days ago and trying to make a conscious effort not to get salty and put losses behind me.

I crafted Shaman DK as it seems strong in post-nerf meta and it's been a mixed bag for me so far with horrible opening hands/draws. Have however been having a lot of fun with Tempo Mage. I miss the days of Flamewaker.

I said only Guldan that truly enable new deck that you cant play without having him

Ye i was thinking between Guldan and Thrall. Rexxar is nice because hes a creative card, but you don't need him for midrange hunter, Malfurion can be replaced by a different card and Uther looks like a fun card but has no place in the current meta.

Right now im thinking of just crafting em all outside of Uther i got 21K dust in the bank.

Bunga

Counterspell is an unbelievably good card in the right situations.

It's won me probably 5 out of my last 7/8 games by ruining Dragonfire Potions, Heroic Strikes and a Coins.

fertygo

I want to answer control pally and tempo rogue but those deck aint cheap lol

I guess Evolve Shaman even without Thrall beat Hunter

Hycran

Banned
Ye i was thinking between Guldan and Thrall. Rexxar is nice because hes a creative card, but you don't need him for midrange hunter, Malfurion can be replaced by a different card and Uther looks like a fun card but has no place in the current meta.

Right now im thinking of just crafting em all outside of Uther i got 21K dust in the bank.

Thrall is the most competitive and fun of all of those heroes. Uther OTK deck and control paladin generally will only get stronger with new expansions. Guldan really needs some good Demons. Can't speak to the other two.

Guldan is very strong. You'll win most games where you play it imo. The times I've lost with guldan hero up have been few, likely in response to a warlock who got their guldan up first.

It's really that hero power that is super strong. You don't even need demons to revive, although of course you run a package of demons to revive. Sometimes you don't draw them or play them before guldan, because getting to that hero power is powerful enough.

Pooya

They pretty much said that they are going to add more support to Valeera and Gul'dan. It's easy to see how those cards can be too good with some other cards added to the game. Any good demon improves Gul'dan and Valeera has many possibilities. I hope they decide to add back some burst damage to rogue. I don't like the current decks. You can't beat priest by placing minions on board reliably, it's too hard.

Honestly Uther OTK works more often than you think. That's all I've been playing since nerf. Paladin's problem is lack of good card draw. Unless the priest draws the god curve, I can beat it. If I go second I win almost everytime but still card draw is too expensive and slow in paladin.

I'm actually playing novice engineers in my OTK paladin list. More reliable draw than acolyte I think. I also kinda noticed you're probably okay playing novice with getaway kodo on board.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
All the cool Brawls they have and they keep reusing this lame Crossroads Brawl.

I believe they have said in the past that statistics show this is a highly played brawl. So despite it being total horseshit apparently lots of folks like it.

=/

wiibomb

I believe they have said in the past that statistics show this is a highly played brawl. So despite it being total horseshit apparently lots of folks like it.

=/

it lets me complete my 50 paladin card quest without thinking about running a totally mediocre non murloc paladin.

and also get some wins in the process... I mean, the brawl is trash, but i found at least 1 use.

gutshot

=/

Yeah, I'm assuming it is popular amongst casuals since you can play with lots of different cards without having them in your collection. Just wish they could come up with a similar Brawl that doesn't feel as random.

Tunoku

Had another good string of victories and pushed to Rank 8. I definitely feel more comfortable with the deck and my matchups now. I don't have access to Patches, so I'm just playing the currently popular list with 2 Fire Flies instead of 1 and 2 Tracking instead of 1. It also helps that I'm not seeing Shamans at Rank 10-8. Oh, and I don't have Grandmother either. I'm playing a Stitched Tracker and a Dire Wolf Alpha in their stead. There were definitely some situations where I hated having the Hydra, but it won me some games where I thought I'd have no chance, like against turn 1 Keleseth.

Anyway, I'm feeling the itch and want to buy some packs. What would you recommend to a so far f2p player who started in july. I've probably opened around 50 packs of Frozen Throne by saving up gold from the festival and being OK at Arena, so I was thinking I should either go for Un'Goro or Classic.

EDIT: Fuck, I just noticed the reward increase from Rank 10-6 and 5-Legend. That's a pretty big deal <.<

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
My goal today is to figure out the best hunter deck.

I'm having a particularly hard time deciding on what I think about Stitched Tracker. Non-beast 3 mana 2/2 is so damn bad on tempo, but discover from your deck is so damn good. I think he's probably not good enough?

Tunoku

I still run one copy of Tracker, getting that extra Highmane or Golakka is pretty valuable. My 3s right now are.

2 Animal Companion
2 Shot
2 Bow
2 Bearshark
1 Tracker
1 Unleash the Hounds

My goal today is to figure out the best hunter deck.

I'm having a particularly hard time deciding on what I think about Stitched Tracker. Non-beast 3 mana 2/2 is so damn bad on tempo, but discover from your deck is so damn good. I think he's probably not good enough?
You only use him in a combo or control deck. The best Hunter deck is dependent on match-up.

Unless it is Wild. Then it is Giant Hunter.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You only use him in a combo or control deck. The best Hunter deck is dependent on match-up.

Unless it is Wild. Then it is Giant Hunter.

Yeah, wild is easy Giants and Stitched Tracker. Standard is where I'm lost. This is what I ended up with. Still feels meh.

Decklist

### Mid Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
AAECAYoWAvIFps4CDqgCtQPrB5cI7Qn+DPixArm0Auq7AqbBAuTCAonDAo7DAtfNAgA=
#

I also tried Ancestral Spirit Shaman like I do for every meta. I'm a little disappointed that it seems like on curve raza DK is plenty to outrace your face before your mega value has a chance to matter. There still seems to be potential, but probably not enough to beat out token evolve.

Of course the biggest reason I went to Ancestral Shaman was all the sapless rogues and Hunters out there, being a combined 13 out of 25 games, and then the next 7 games after switching I didn't face any. Why does Blizzard hate me?

A third of your deck?

It's hunter, so that's totally fine. Like 90% of your deck is usually 4 mana or less. Standard hunter doesn't have the comeback mechanics to afford missing any of the early turns, and for whatever reason the good active cards in hunter all happen to be 3 mana on top of the 3 drops you have to run, making that mana slot even more full.

Yeah, I'm assuming it is popular amongst casuals since you can play with lots of different cards without having them in your collection. Just wish they could come up with a similar Brawl that doesn't feel as random.

Pretty much. I feel like this brawl is popular for the same reason Prince Malchezar is: like you said, a chance to play with cards you can't afford.

Miletius

I feel like I would care about it more if I thought Brawl was meaningful content. I suspect that for most experienced players, Brawl is a one (or two or three) and done process that involves playing it enough to get a free pack of dust.

I guess in many ways that is Blizz's fault for not really making brawl compelling enough to warrant people spending time in it. Truthfully, however, I'm not sure that you could make Brawl compelling unless you're willing to attach rewards to it -- i.e. the Heroic Brawl. That, in my mind, defeats the purpose of Brawl to provide new people a relatively low stakes way to play and enjoy the game. It would be interesting to see statistics on who plays Brawl and for what length of time do they play it.

Tunoku

I actually forgot to add Deadly Shot to that list, but I bought Karazhan now and cut the Tracker again. Looking forward to try out Kindly Grandmother. I should probably mull it against control decks though, right? It doesn’t really do a lot of damage on its own early in the game.

TankUP

I actually forgot to add Deadly Shot to that list, but I bought Karazhan now and cut the Tracker again. Looking forward to try out Kindly Grandmother. I should probably mull it against control decks though, right? It doesn’t really do a lot of damage on its own early in the game.

Mull it against Priest, but keep it vs other control decks. They tend to leave it alone and it gives you a target for Houndmaster or Razormaw.

Sweet got a prophet velen from brawl pack, only need 5000 dust for Raza priest now

edit: it's actually 6100 dust for 8 cards I'm missing.

I've been playing since closed beta and I'm still missing Velen. He was never good enough to craft, until now. But I'm hesitant to do so for my Razakus deck. The deck works fine without him, and it'll likely faceplant come the next rotation.

Tunoku

Thanks, I’ll keep it in mind.

Decided to get a couple of Un’Goro packs since I barely had any cards from the set. And what’s the Legendary I open? Voraxx, which seems pretty fucking useless. ):

I've been playing since closed beta and I'm still missing Velen. He was never good enough to craft, until now. But I'm hesitant to do so for my Razakus deck. The deck works fine without him, and it'll likely faceplant come the next rotation.

I've not been playing for all that time but I played in beta all the way until naxx and for a month or 2 after the release of TGT only really started playing with the release of WotOG.

The 13 free packs were pretty much the sole reason I returned to the game.

Hycran

Banned
I feel like I would care about it more if I thought Brawl was meaningful content. I suspect that for most experienced players, Brawl is a one (or two or three) and done process that involves playing it enough to get a free pack of dust.

What is this brawl you keep referring to? Are you talking about weekly free pack mode?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Thanks, I’ll keep it in mind.

Decided to get a couple of Un’Goro packs since I barely had any cards from the set. And what’s the Legendary I open? Voraxx, which seems pretty fucking useless. ):

Yeah, Voraxx is bad. But you want to hold onto your bad legendaries. You can't open duplicate legendaries until you grab all the legendaries from that set. So you're one step closer to opening a legendary from Un'Goro that isn't garbage.

Top Bottom