• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

.la1n

oh lol, I never visit their site so I have no idea. but I'm pretty sure their videos are also posted on their Youtube account?

Not simultaneously unless that's changed. Usually by the time it was on their YouTube you could watch it somewhere else, sooner.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
KI soundtrack is going to be on itunes as well

it's already available in regions where it's already tomorrow (australia)

Nori Chan

Just wanted to bump this thread to you guys can think the trailer is up.

cause thats how i look at it every time you guys do :mad: lol

Costa

Neo Member
So let me get this right. If I buy season 2 I do not get the 8 characters from season 1 along with KI 1 classic. Oh well I will save my $40 for something else

Sydle

So let me get this right. If I buy season 2 I do not get the 8 characters from season 1 along with KI 1 classic. Oh well I will save my $40 for something else

If you wait until Wednesday you can get all 16 characters for $40 by buying the 2 combo breaker packs. $2.50 per character is pretty reasonable.

$80 for all the characters, all their accessory packs, and both KI classics is a great deal if you're really into the game.

Durock

If you wait until Wednesday you can get all 16 characters for $40 by buying the 2 combo breaker packs. $2.50 per character is pretty reasonable.

$80 for all the characters, all their accessory packs, and both KI classics is a great deal if you're really into the game.

I made a post a little while back go into specific details on pricing. I broke everything into parts to show just how much money you spend on each version of the game. The $40 Ultra Edition is a HUGE bargain. Can't emphasize that enough.

http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/detailing-killer-instinct-xbox-ones-pricing-model/

Can't wait for that launch trailer tomorrow morning. What character are you all hoping to see the most?

Sydle

I made a post a little while back go into specific details on pricing. I broke everything into parts to show just how much money you spend on each version of the game. The $40 Ultra Edition is a HUGE bargain. Can't emphasize that enough.

http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/detailing-killer-instinct-xbox-ones-pricing-model/

Can't wait for that launch trailer tomorrow morning. What character are you all hoping to see the most?

That's a great article!

Like you concluded, if someone is interested in all the content then the Ultra Edition is a great bargain.

EDIT: My go to after Orchid was Kim Wu, so I hope they bring her back but with some added flair. I have fun imagining her with a focus on her kick game and some kind of dragon elemental abilities such as transformation (like Orchid's firecat), fire added to her kicks during instinct, and some enders with literal bite.

I'm not gonna lie, but the only reason I'm willing to spend another £30($50) on this game is because I really freakin' like and am willing to support it. But I know (no offence to Double Helix/Iron Galaxy) that I'm not getting my moneys worth.
I understand there's a lot to factor to in such as: the time is took to create KI, the team size and the time spent on it. But when games like Tekken can give me 50+ characters for £40 or smaller indie games like Skullgirls can have 8 characters from the start at only £12 with free character additions later on, it's a bit hard to justify to the pricing that KI has in place.

Good article, but I do know better.

Plus by the end of the season the dojo will be usable by all (hooray)

Really? That's fantastic.

I ended up moving away from KI because the only character I knew what I was doing with was Jago. Having the dojo work with characters like Glacius will be a big push for me to go back to KI.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Really? That's fantastic.

I ended up moving away from KI because the only character I knew what I was doing with was Jago. Having the dojo work with characters like Glacius will be a big push for me to go back to KI.

I'm really excited about this as well. It'll get beginners to play more with other characters besides Jago which is a great thing.

Synth

I'm not gonna lie, but the only reason I'm willing to spend another £30($50) on this game is because I really freakin' like and am willing to support it. But I know (no offence to Double Helix/Iron Galaxy) that I'm not getting my moneys worth.
I understand there's a lot to factor to in such as: the time is took to create KI, the team size and the time spent on it. But when games like Tekken can give me 50+ characters for £40 or smaller indie games like Skullgirls can have 8 characters from the start at only £12 with free character additions later on, it's a bit hard to justify to the pricing that KI has in place.

Good article, but I do know better.

These are both pretty poor comparisons. Sure Tekken gives you a load of characters... but many of them have only been altered slightly in increments for over a decade now, with Namco getting paid full price at each installment. Contrast this to Killer Instinct where each of the characters has had to be built from scratch pretty much, with a completely new system because the old ones were really not viable today. Then you have the fact that despite the large number, Tekken characters have huge amounts of overlap in regards to movelists and animations (Marshall-Forest-Lee, Kazuya-Heihachi- Anna-Nina, Jun-Asuka- Bruce-Bryan, Michelle-Juila, Orge-TrueOrge, King-ArmorKing etc). The Tekken character count is somewhat inflated if you consider how distinct the characters are, compared to KI2013 where so far no character overlaps with any other.

Skullgirls is a better comparison, but then for a comparable SKU you're looking at £16 versus £12. It's not like Skullgirls came with a Skullgirls Classic. They added other characters yes, but they had crowd-sourced funding to help with that, so even though you personally may not have paid for the additional characters, someone somewhere did, and they likely paid a decent amount more on average then a new KI character costs. Basically they bought your extra character for you.

Top Bottom