• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mount and Blade: Warband |OT|

_Bro

Banned
Man, fuck this game. I start to get a rad group of diverse guys going and bam, crossbow guy takes me out while I'm defending Tihr. Okay, no biggie, it happens, my troops can take care of this.

Whoops, no they can't.

Everybody dies, I'm captured, Tihr falls, none of my Nord friends helped with the siege because they were too busy getting their feast on.

Okay, whatever, it's a fluke, I'll just get it all back eventually.

I get it back.

Crossbow guy on the siege at Tihr gets me again. I come back in and bam, dumb ass melee system.

Well fuck, I'll just get another rag tag group up and just kill bandits FOREVER. Pack of 27 deserters. Well jee, my comrades have spears, shouldn't be a problem. BAM - I'm on the otherside of the continent, still allied with my Nordmen, and in deep enemy territory.

I've pretty much spent the last hour getting shuttled across the map watching all my resources drop to zero because this game is unforgiving. Fuck this combat design. It's pure magic.

I can't decide if I should just install the Blood and Steel mod so I can be more angry or if I should just leave my old character behind and explore a world of more assholes who don't want me to know their daughter when all I want is a fucking farm. Fuck you, game. You're a piece of shit and I hate you.

Vlodril

Man, fuck this game. I start to get a rad group of diverse guys going and bam, crossbow guy takes me out while I'm defending Tihr. Okay, no biggie, it happens, my troops can take care of this.

Whoops, no they can't.

Everybody dies, I'm captured, Tihr falls, none of my Nord friends helped with the siege because they were too busy getting their feast on.

Okay, whatever, it's a fluke, I'll just get it all back eventually.

I get it back.

Crossbow guy on the siege at Tihr gets me again. I come back in and bam, dumb ass melee system.

Well fuck, I'll just get another rag tag group up and just kill bandits FOREVER. Pack of 27 deserters. Well jee, my comrades have spears, shouldn't be a problem. BAM - I'm on the otherside of the continent, still allied with my Nordmen, and in deep enemy territory.

I've pretty much spent the last hour getting shuttled across the map watching all my resources drop to zero because this game is unforgiving. Fuck this combat design. It's pure magic.

I can't decide if I should just install the Blood and Steel mod so I can be more angry or if I should just leave my old character behind and explore a world of more assholes who don't want me to know their daughter when all I want is a fucking farm. Fuck you, game. You're a piece of shit and I hate you.

Use a shield.

Fitz

Vlodril said:
Use a shield.

Indeed, I've never seen ranged enemies as anything more than a nuisance. If I'm playing my Knight character then I've got a shield and heavy armour so archers/crossbowmen are nothing, and on my Mongol character I'm either moving around and never get hit or my armoured troops are at the front of the charge/siege taking the damage.

Also, if you're having trouble getting higher ranked troops that are more than just fodder, get more Heroes with the Trainer skill. Once you've got a few high level characters with even low levels of Trainer you can just run around and recruit a crap ton of peasants and wait for a few days in a tavern and you'll have a good basic force that can destroy bandits and such with ease. It's also a pretty essential skill later on once you've got a decent high level army and need replacements after big battles. Also don't be afraid to let your troops do the fighting, especially early on when your character is weak and poorly armed/armoured, they do much better in real time fights than the automatic ones that happen if you've been KO'ed or something.

_Bro

Banned
Colkate said:
Indeed, I've never seen ranged enemies as anything more than a nuisance. If I'm playing my Knight character then I've got a shield and heavy armour so archers/crossbowmen are nothing, and on my Mongol character I'm either moving around and never get hit or my armoured troops are at the front of the charge/siege taking the damage.

Also, if you're having trouble getting higher ranked troops that are more than just fodder, get more Heroes with the Trainer skill. Once you've got a few high level characters with even low levels of Trainer you can just run around and recruit a crap ton of peasants and wait for a few days in a tavern and you'll have a good basic force that can destroy bandits and such with ease. It's also a pretty essential skill later on once you've got a decent high level army and need replacements after big battles. Also don't be afraid to let your troops do the fighting, especially early on when your character is weak and poorly armed/armoured, they do much better in real time fights than the automatic ones that happen if you've been KO'ed or something.
Yeah, but I can't use a shield because my main is an archer which means my setup is:

Bow
Sword
Arrows x2

I have the trainer skill and yeah, armies rise like nothing with that skill but it's still bullshit. I avoid melee combat because I don't 'get it.' Hit boxes don't make sense in the game and I can't rely anything to actual work since correcting the camera result in me thrusting some guy and then being left wide open for an attack.

What pisses me off the most is there is zero help in troop management. No tutorial or anything. What if I want my spear guys to cluster together to defend against cavalry? Fuck, how do I get my spearmen to work against cavalry?

The way I see it, this game is nothing more than the bullshit "simulation" they use for Deadliest Warrior.

And the cRPG mod. That's the worst mod I've ever seen. The beginning is just you running around watching people get kills while you try not to die so you can level up, Alt + Tab out of the game, and go to some ugly website to make my guy run faster so I might be able to get to cover before some guy with a horse comes and plows me because he understands the ugly combat that is MOUNT AND BLADE. God damn, just make me watch a Youtube video and then reward me with 10 levels so I don't waste 5 hours of my life watching people play the game so I can get to a point where I can attempt to contribute something other than meat fodder (hint: I won't because nothing can defend against master archers who don't move from their spawns on poorly designed maps).

What is this game? You guys 'get it.' Please, inform me on the combat because somehow I've managed some crazy warrior ability to woo chicks but if an enemy breaks through the line and comes at me then I'm fucked.

Like, is there something super deep about it? If the enemy has their shield on my right am I supposed to swing from my left? How long does the lance's damage spot linger? If I just thrust it and then enter an enemy group will I do damage? What's the trick to hitting guys while I'm on a horse?

Fitz

Only thing I can say is that you have to be aware of that fact that it's all about your weapon swing physically making contact with someone/thing. If you're riding around on a horse for example and what to melee, you should be using a long weapon so you can actually reach the target with a swing, trying to hit someone from horseback with a dagger isn't going to happen, then just hold down left click and as you're getting near a target release before you get to the target so that the swing contacts with the enemy. I don't really know how to describe the combat better than that, it's all about actually making contact and not just clicking when you're next to someone. If you're fighting someone with a shield and you just have a weapon, you're going to have a harder time of it due to having to block at the right angles, even with auto block on. The best time to get hits in is just after you've blocked an attack, they're sometimes open to counter for a brief period before they get their block up again

I can agree that the troop management in a large battle isn't great, it's not exactly Total War, but the key I think is to have few groups and get used to moving them around with hotkeys, use the minimap directly for initial positioning then fine tune and command your groups to attack/follow etc with hotkeys.

_Bro

Banned
I can use the minimap? Hooly shit.

I think I get the horse combat now. It's about camera positioning for me. I guess I'm trying to look at my enemies too much and end up just dragging my blade across my horse instead of at the enemy. That's weird.

vocab

I do not understand CRPG mod for shit. I joined a server, and people were just dicking around in some cage, and I had no idea what was going on.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It sound like you just don't "get" the combat yet. It takes time to gather everything there is about the game. It seems simple enough but learning to manipulate your speed and range in melee duels is something you can only learn yourself, really. Same with Cavalry lancing. Just yesterday did I come to the full understanding that you want to have your spear fully extended and THEN you run it through your target. Many a time I was trying to catch them with the thrust.

If you do play cRPG, it will make you much better at the game. Before I started it, I had gone positive in a game of native 1 time out of lord knows how many games. After about a week of cRPG it was a different story. Yesterday I went 64-18 in a free for all :lol. All that time spent playing against people stronger and faster than me made playing against regular old guys cake.

vocab said:
I do not understand CRPG mod for shit. I joined a server, and people were just dicking around in some cage, and I had no idea what was going on.

Get on the NA ATS servers. There is an 80 player one and a 120 player one. Lots of veterans on those servers that are nice and answer questions, help peasants etc. Those are the ones I play on. If you see Silky_Gritz on there, that's me and feel free to follow me. I'll protect you to the best of my (low) ability :lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah man, it takes practice. Fight in the arena and tournaments until you're good. For me, switching to swing direction by relative enemy position helped a ton on horseback, but I'll use manual while on the ground.

vocab

_tetsuo_ said:
Get on the NA ATS servers. There is an 80 player one and a 120 player one. Lots of veterans on those servers that are nice and answer questions, help peasants etc. Those are the ones I play on. If you see Silky_Gritz on there, that's me and feel free to follow me. I'll protect you to the best of my (low) ability :lol

So let me get this straight. All of the leveling shit is done through the website?

Also, why did my gold disappear on the next map?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
vocab said:
So let me get this straight. All of the leveling shit is done through the website?

Yep. Play on the servers, manage your character on the site.

_Bro

Banned
vocab said:

It saves your gold on the website, not the round.

It's crazy and I hate it. However, the people are nicer. In Native I complained about crap statistics determining how enjoyable moving made me (pro-tip: don't design games around a stat that make your character handle better, investing time to be able to have a game that handles properly is dumb). The admins kicked me for being 'insolent.' I wasn't really sure what they meant by that because I asked "Well, if the movement is so amazing then how come your team is just staying on the boat?

Good times.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
_Bro said:
It saves your gold on the website, not the round.

It's crazy and I hate it. However, the people are nicer. In Native I complained about crap statistics determining how enjoyable moving made me (pro-tip: don't design games around a stat that make your character handle better, investing time to be able to have a game that handles properly is dumb). The admins kicked me for being 'insolent.' I wasn't really sure what they meant by that because I asked "Well, if the movement is so amazing then how come your team is just staying on the boat?

Good times.

......What?

_Bro

Banned
Movement is dependent on a stat. That's stupid. They said it wasn't. I asked why they hadn't left spawn if moving wasn't broken. Got kicked.

Anyways, the Blood and Steel mod is pretty rad. Seems to be a lot faster paced and the meta-game is completely redone to the best. However, the addition of helmets with wings pisses me off. Feel like I left some grand world of mega battles between counteries to enter a grand world of mega battles between reenactors. I'm enjoying this way more than native, however.

_Bro said:
Movement is dependent on a stat. That's stupid. They said it wasn't. I asked why they hadn't left spawn if moving wasn't broken. Got kicked.

Anyways, the Blood and Steel mod is pretty rad. Seems to be a lot faster paced and the meta-game is completely redone to the best. However, the addition of helmets with wings pisses me off. Feel like I left some grand world of mega battles between counteries to enter a grand world of mega battles between reenactors. I'm enjoying this way more than native, however.

In Native the movement speed is not determined by your stats, Native has all characters on the same level and that's it. However, buying heavy equipment in Native after getting kills will slow down your character, that's the only thing that will affect your character's speed. cRPG servers are the only mode where your stats will matter online.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
_Bro said:
Yeah, but I can't use a shield because my main is an archer which means my setup is:

Bow
Sword
Arrows x2
Replace one set of arrows with a shield. Then when you run out of arrows, pick some up from a dead guy. If you're actually aiming and picking your shots, by the time you finish your first quiver somebody will have fallen and dropped some. You can accelerate this, of course, by killing more archers.

Pikelet

_Bro said:
You clearly don't understand the game at all, so don't talk shit when you are playing it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
There's something incredibly satisfying in chasing down two enemies fleeing on foot whilst you're atop a horse, taking one out with a crossbow bolt and then pulling the polearm out and stabbing the other guy in the head as you pass him.

_Bro

Banned
Mr_Guillotine said:
In Native the movement speed is not determined by your stats, Native has all characters on the same level and that's it. However, buying heavy equipment in Native after getting kills will slow down your character, that's the only thing that will affect your character's speed. cRPG servers are the only mode where your stats will matter online.
Online, but still the movement in offline is annoying.

But it's cool guys, I found out what I like in the game and will just ignore the multiplayer portion. Blood and Steel is just that good.

Pikelet said:
You clearly don't understand the game at all, so don't talk shit when you are playing it.
lol, tell me more

speedpop said:
There's something incredibly satisfying in chasing down two enemies fleeing on foot whilst you're atop a horse, taking one out with a crossbow bolt and then pulling the polearm out and stabbing the other guy in the head as you pass him.
DUDE, I'm gonna pimp the Blood and Steel mod some more by telling you how I chased 20~ guys who were retreating. Got shot by some crossbowmen on the hill I just tore through but that's okay because my archers had just got to the correct position to hold and put those guys all down in a minute. Spectator camera is 'funny.' Damn, this mod > Native.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know of any cool single player mods for this game whether they be graphical enhancements or new content / settings?

I'm just getting into Warband now, and while I'm enjoying the game for the most part, the single player campaign seems a tad bland. I think it might be due to the generic made up world. The game isn't a story based RPG, confuses me why they made up a bunch of regions and towns. Has anyone made a mod that just turns the game into medieval Europe/Middle East?

Jintor

Zefah said:
Does anyone know of any cool single player mods for this game whether they be graphical enhancements or new content / settings?

I'm just getting into Warband now, and while I'm enjoying the game for the most part, the single player campaign seems a tad bland. I think it might be due to the generic made up world. The game isn't a story based RPG, confuses me why they made up a bunch of regions and towns. Has anyone made a mod that just turns the game into medieval Europe/Middle East?

I like Diplomacy, but that's for late-game stuff. I think there are Europe mods, but I don't know if they were ported to Warband yet.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Zefah said:

Try Prophecy of Pendor.

bengraven

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1145516p1.html
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art.../8587-Preview-Mount-Blade-With-Fire-and-Sword

New preview articles. I'm fucking dying reading this. M&B was an off-the-cuff purchase during the 2009 Steam Xmas sale and between that and Warband, I put in the most time on those games than ANY other game in 2010.

The Escapist article talks about the "obvious" sequel they're working on. The IGN one is more of a direct summary of M&B period, attempting to sell on people who still haven't played a game. Escapist assumes you know, which is why:

Juicy quotes from the Escapist article:

With Fire and Sword seem more realistic. Instead of villages and towns just being places you go to "beg for babies" as what Yazbeck called recruiting soldiers, there will be structures you can build such as universities, smithies and even banks. Banks will be able to issue loans, which will come in handy for those who play the game as a complex economic sim. Don't welch on those loans though, the banks will post bounties on the heads of people who don't pay them back.

I'm hoping the buildings are visible. Building a mill in a small village, I was always disappointed that it never actually appeared there. Or, yes this is geeky, building a manor that I can actually enter and explore.

The bounty thing sounds fucking awesome.

One of the problems that Warband had is that if you got attacked while traveling, there was very little you could do defensively. In With Fire and Sword, Yazbeck's answer to that is protected caravans, which surround your camp with a rectangle of wagons

The mechanics of a siege on a castle will also provide more options than just storming over the wall. You can play out your dastardly fantasies by bribing a guard to let you in or poison the water supply. Failing that, a few mines will blow a hole in the wall that your forces can storm through.

Fuck YES.

But the most important part:

As I was getting the demonstration of the game from Yazbeck and trying my own hand at shooting some Cossacks, the CEO of Paradox Interactive, Fredrik Wester, walked by and asked a very important question: "When are you going to add a 'loot all' button?" Wester admitted that he loved Warband, but he complained that not being able to just take all of the loot from a defeated force with a single mouse click is frustrating, with which I heartily agree.

YES.

mbmonk

So what is Single player like in this game? It almost sounds like it's a mix between an open ended RPG (like Oblivion) mixed with territory managing and conquest ( shogun ). Is that correct?

I am very hesitant about FPS melee combat. But I am going to download the demo and try it out. Hopefully tonight.

EDIT: Downloaded the demo. I love the horseback combat and bow/crossbow combat. But the FPS Melee still feels disconnected and looks weird in terms of movement. Judging from the demo I wouldn't pay $30. I might buy it on sale just try to multi because it sounds like it is an original experience. But that is too steep a price for me to pay just to test it out MP.

KPJZKC

It's on sale on Gamersgate at the moment mbmonk, for about $12
When are we going to see a Fire & Sword |OT| pop up?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I've been really disappointed with Warband's single player, the original lasted me ages and Warband just felt like another small patch rather than a whole new game. They haven't developed it much further either, while the original kept getting updates for years, Minecraft style. I also feel features from that fire and sword thing, other than the setting content of course, should have been included in Warband. I guess publisher deals can have this effect...

So yeah, I'm really tired of the experience now, it's gotten stale. Are there any good mods that overhaul the single player enough to feel fresh? I'd love a mod that makes some radical changes to the formula. Maybe something that is more focused on smaller scale conflicts rather than end up with tedious and half-broken battles with hundreds upon hundreds of units? Possibly a new setting like Greek city states or Roman empire with little original content? Maybe something like the Peasants mot for the original, that seemed sweet but I never got to play it due to the version it needed... The same for that Japanese mod...

Steam weekend deal is Mount and Blade: Warband and the new stand-alone expansion pack, With Fire and Sword.

The MP is a great skill-based bash-a-thon (awesome for people who like teamwork in their games) and the SP is like Civ and Total War met and had a baby, but smaller. Almost like a mini-baby.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm enjoying this a lot so far. I started off without much difficulty but I just lost my entire party to a pack of deserters. All of my previous enemies were on foot but they had tower shields and horses, we didn't stand a chance.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah I'm not 100% sure what to do after reaching vassal status either. Trying to defend my new town, but any time I leave to do something else, the damned Rhodoks burn it. :(

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
My post, copied from the Steam thread:

I, too put some more hours into Warband. I ended up meeting the King and I had done enough for his kingdom that he made me an official Vassal and gave me my first town <3

Ironically, after that I didn't know what to do, anymore. Other Vassals wouldn't give me quests any more because they said the quests would be beneath me. I tried sieging an enemy castle but some host of like 200 dudes came up and pwned me. The game got a bit aimless, at that point.

I reached Vassal status fairly sloppily, too. Whenever I would see my kingdom in a battle with the opposing kingdom I would rush in to help. And it would always be our like 120 troops left fighting their 14 troops, ha. So we'd win and then everyone would congratulate me on my "victory." But hey I'm not complaining I'll take it.

One question - I actually captured two named opposing commanders, and took them as prisoners. But I couldn't figure out anything to do with them and they eventually escaped. I assumed I could deliver them to a jail for loyalty points or something?

GDJustin said:
My post, copied from the Steam thread:

I, too put some more hours into Warband. I ended up meeting the King and I had done enough for his kingdom that he made me an official Vassal and gave me my first town <3

Ironically, after that I didn't know what to do, anymore. Other Vassals wouldn't give me quests any more because they said the quests would be beneath me. I tried sieging an enemy castle but some host of like 200 dudes came up and pwned me. The game got a bit aimless, at that point.

Best to build up money for recruiting or training troops. Also you can upgrade your town, which is expensive. Talk to the village elder at your town, he may make requests, which will boost the town loyalty/wealth if you do them. Find a little trade route you can run between battles. Also, raiding enemy caravans or wandering armies will gain you glory and spoils. If you are a high chivalry character, don't raid villages, but otherwise go for it. It is totally worth it to fight in tourneys too. You may want to look into courting a lady, as marriage can be pretty useful, especially if you end up wanting to lead your own kingdom.

I reached Vassal status fairly sloppily, too. Whenever I would see my kingdom in a battle with the opposing kingdom I would rush in to help. And it would always be our like 120 troops left fighting their 14 troops, ha. So we'd win and then everyone would congratulate me on my "victory." But hey I'm not complaining I'll take it.

One question - I actually captured two named opposing commanders, and took them as prisoners. But I couldn't figure out anything to do with them and they eventually escaped. I assumed I could deliver them to a jail for loyalty points or something?

Just hang on to them. Eventually they'll either escape/be rescued or they will be ransomed and you'll get a sweet payday, anywhere from about 1500 gold to 5000, depending on their level.

TheExodu5

Banned
platypotamus said:
Just hang on to them. Eventually they'll either escape/be rescued or they will be ransomed and you'll get a sweet payday, anywhere from about 1500 gold to 5000, depending on their level.

I went through a major battle and had 4 lord prisoners. Then the war ended before I ever got to ransom them. :(

RedSwirl

So basically this pack just takes the base game and makes it better right? It's not like a separate set of missions or anything? Any reason NOT to get Warband if you already own the base game?

I bought the base game like a year or two back on another deal but still haven't booted it up yet, and it'll still be a while.

RedSwirl said:
So basically this pack just takes the base game and makes it better right? It's not like a separate set of missions or anything? Any reason NOT to get Warband if you already own the base game?

I bought the base game like a year or two back on another deal but still haven't booted it up yet, and it'll still be a while.

If it'll be awhile anyway, you may want to wait and see what this new one is like. Otherwise, Warband pretty much improves on the original across the board, and is the version to play.

I must be doing it wrong. Started my character, take a few steps out into the wild world, and a band of thieves ask me for money. I tell them to fuck off thinking I'm some sort of demigod like in Oblivion, and they swiftly proceed to kick my ass and drag me as a prisoner for a few days, until I escape.

Now I'm stranded in some godforsaken village with no money, no sword, only a shitty crossbow that I suck at aiming, and can't go outside because everybody wants me to give them money that I don't have. :(

Vlad

SteelAttack said:
I must be doing it wrong. Started my character, take a few steps out into the wild world, and a band of thieves ask me for money. I tell them to fuck off thinking I'm some sort of demigod like in Oblivion, and they swiftly proceed to kick my ass and drag me as a prisoner for a few days, until I escape.

Now I'm stranded in some godforsaken village with no money, no sword, only a shitty crossbow that I suck at aiming, and can't go outside because everybody wants me to give them money that I don't have. :(

I haven't played Warband beyond the demo, but the two things you absolutely must do in the first game to survive are:

1) Have a horse
2) Recruit people.

When I first started, I figured I'd try and lone-wolf it, but you're going to get taken out pretty easily without fellow recruits to back you up and give the enemy another target. Once you're stronger, you'll be able to take out the roving bandits by yourself, but you absolutely need buddies when starting.

SteelAttack said:

You could always try making slow progress towards a city, and participating in the fights to get enough money to buy a sword and recruit some people. Or just start again, doesn't sound like you're too invested in this character.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Man I thought I was doing awesome in this game. Had a Fief, had a couple out-of-the way enemy towns I could raid over and over, was wooing a lady, and just generally becoming a badass after just about one in-game month.

...then I discovered the options menu and realized everything was set to very easy, ha :(

In my defense it's set there by default! Not to normal. Enemy AI, player damage taken... all the sliders were adjusted down.

Vlad said:
I haven't played Warband beyond the demo, but the two things you absolutely must do in the first game to survive are:

1) Have a horse
2) Recruit people.

When I first started, I figured I'd try and lone-wolf it, but you're going to get taken out pretty easily without fellow recruits to back you up and give the enemy another target. Once you're stronger, you'll be able to take out the roving bandits by yourself, but you absolutely need buddies when starting.
charlemagne said:
You could always try making slow progress towards a city, and participating in the fights to get enough money to buy a sword and recruit some people. Or just start again, doesn't sound like you're too invested in this character.
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it another shot as soon as work allows me.

TheExodu5

Banned
GDJustin said:
Man I thought I was doing awesome in this game. Had a Fief, had a couple out-of-the way enemy towns I could raid over and over, was wooing a lady, and just generally becoming a badass after just about one in-game month.

...then I discovered the options menu and realized everything was set to very easy, ha :(

In my defense it's set there by default! Not to normal. Enemy AI, player damage taken... all the sliders were adjusted down.

Very easy is the perfect difficulty level for me. It's fun as is...no need to complicate things by adding frustration into the mix.

dionysus

Yaldog
Another great way to generate money and progress in the game is to buy property in all the major cities, you can do this before vassal status and it brings in as much money as a town in many cases. This ability is easily overlooked as you have to walk around the city and speak to the guildmaster to be able to do it.

In my latest game where I am trying to conquer the entire world I am incredibly wealthy because I have tanneries and ironworks all over the continent.

Nice to see some new interest in MB.

Note: I don't like Warband, so I stick with the original 1.011 version of MB.

The easiest way to start collecting good loot, experience and weaponry, is to head to the horseman lands, and start recruiting tribal riders. Just take care to avoid tangling with one of the roving horseback-bandits in the area, as they will rip you to pieces.

Once you have a nice band of mid-ranged archer cavalry, you'll be able to tackle most war parties with relative ease.

AcridMeat

Banned
vehn said:
So anyone playing cRPG at all?

I tried it. I'm having a bit of trouble maybe someone can help me. I got to ~lvl 11 and I now have actual armor and a couple weapons. My problem is on the site I search for items and check the box for "show items I can use" but if I buy something from that list it's still not guaranteed I can use it.

So how do I know what my character stats translate to with items? Items say something like accuracy, difficulty and something else, but character stats that I level up use completely different language. So what skill relates to what?

Top Bottom