• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Chapter 19 is killing me. I'm doing some of the marriage side-quests right now, but I couldn't even get close to winning last time. Maybe I'll use the forts as defensive positions and move up very slowly next time.

Also, on the topic of Libra, anyone notice how many gender-swaps this game has with what you expect?

Kainazzo

Chapter 19 is killing me. I'm doing some of the marriage side-quests right now, but I couldn't even get close to winning last time. Maybe I'll use the forts as defensive positions and move up very slowly next time.

Also, on the topic of Libra, anyone notice how many gender-swaps this game has with what you expect?

Grind/train/pair a "tank" unit to attract enemies, get them to flock to the character, then move in your other guys and mop up on your turn. Works every time; the only missions in the whole game that couldn't be won like that were the 5-star DLC ones. For ch. 19, just blitz your unit forward until it's in Walhart's range. By then your other units should be clear to take him out. I used Chrom/Sumia and just counter-KOed him on his turn.

Finding that tactic was like realizing how OP scouts are in Valkyria Chronicles.

ohlawd

Forts are really helpful but you gotta watch out for reinforcements too. I think once they start showing up, they make a sweep from the top forts to bottom and they come every other turn.

Beast Killers are your friend, pretty much.

And with Libra, that's one. I only expected one and I got her. I mean, yeah... well no.

Jintor

Man I'm so pissed I forgot to grab my 3DS before I ran out the door to catch my train. No support grinding on the train :/

Only started yesterday and I've already lost the first archer guy and the pegasus girl on the Donnel side-quest

God damn enemy archer! Did a critical hit on pegasus girl and took her down in one shot from full health ;_;

Was it a bad idea going for that side-quest straight away?

Completed my no grind Lunatic run during the day \o/

Early chapters are hard as hell to play, but the later ones grew progressively easier as my Sorcerer family reunited together again.

Not even going to attempt Lunatic+ anytime this week, especially since I rather not get frustrated before seeing those lovely swimsuit CG on my 3DS this thursday.

Also, this was the first time I got to see
Priam's
ending, which really makes me hopeful that
he goes back to Tellius, leading to a third game in the Tellius series

Volodja

I've decided to delete my Normal Classic file (only Chapter 4, considering that I got it yesterday) and start a Hard Classic one with no restarting.
This is basically my first Fire Emblem.

It's gonna be a distaster.
Looking forward to making Frederick being my crutch for the first few missions.

ffdgh

....Early-Mid game will likely make you break your last rule....alot
KuGsj.gif

CSX

You will bring shame to your family name.

Pshhh im a FE veteran and played on normal/casual.

my first exam in my hard class was coming in two weeks and I knew I couldn't concentrate studying having the game in my hands unbeaten. Needed to beat it as fast as possible...

Still resetted when someone dies on instinct :p

I personally would never play Casual, but if it helps the series attract more fans then cool.

But the constant restarting is part of FE life. Everyone must live.

*glares at Shadow Dragon*

Jintor

Kinda wish I had a support convo archive I could go through and see them again. There is that site that is just a huge database of support convos though ==;;

Samyy

My Sully died in my 2nd fight, woops (first FE game for me). I kept going and now it would take so long to restart...

Realyn

Very much pissed with Lunatic. I've played every DLC once and that's it.

Basically chapter 5-16 were like this: Move in MU and Chrom so they get hit by 5 enemies at the same time. pray some of them survive and that you are able to last hit them with your lvl 5 Donnel.

Chapter 13 was the starting point to piss me off. Then came the ship chapter 14. Like wtf pelase? I'm using MU 20 grandmaster into dark flier 13, Chrom 10 Great Lord, Lon'qu lvl 4 sowrdmaster, Panne lvl 13 targ, Lissa lvl 18 or so, Virion and Miriel both around 13 in their starting class, Donnel/Nowi around 10 each.
So, again - on turn move MU top left, block bottom choke point with chrome/luci and top right chokepoint with Lon'qu+Panne. On turn 2 last hit as much monsters as possible and then end the chapter my onehitting the boss with your MU. Ya great ...

Chapter 15 completly did it for me and I switched to MU+Chrom only. Fuck that shit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Very much pissed with Lunatic. I've played every DLC once and that's it.

Basically chapter 5-16 were like this: Move in MU and Chrom so they get hit by 5 enemies at the same time. pray some of them survive and that you are able to last hit them with your lvl 5 Donnel.

Chapter 13 was the starting point to piss me off. Then came the ship chapter 14. Like wtf pelase? I'm using MU 20 grandmaster into dark flier 13, Chrom 10 Great Lord, Lon'qu lvl 4 sowrdmaster, Panne lvl 13 targ, Lissa lvl 18 or so, Virion and Miriel both around 13 in their starting class, Donnel/Nowi around 10 each.
So, again - on turn move MU top left, block bottom choke point with chrome/luci and top right chokepoint with Lon'qu+Panne. On turn 2 last hit as much monsters as possible and then end the chapter my onehitting the boss with your MU. Ya great ...

Chapter 15 completly did it for me and I switched to MU+Chrom only. Fuck that shit.

So does it pretty much turn into the MU+chrom show the further you get?

Top Bottom