• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 back in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after placing an order on Amazon for a ps4, I decided to give my local Gamestop a ring to see if they indeed have some in stock. The lady said yes and I immediately canceled my Amazon order and took the 5 minute drive, antsy as fuck all the while.

I got there and there was 6 people inline. I saw 1 PS4 on the back counter on top of 3 Xbox 1. I was praying to dear god that no one in front of me was there for it. It was still there when I got to the register so I asked if they have any for sale.

"No, sold out."

I was strucked with bewilderment and crestfallen! "But I called not 10 minutes ago..."

"Yea, sorry."

So I hung my head and walked out thinking how I should of kept the Amazon order; maybe that was sold out too and I missed another chance.

"Wait!" I heard. "Theres 1 left. Im sorry."

Turns out the ps4 on the counter was unclaimed! Now im so happy!
never cancel first.

UNCMark

Banned
Common sense.

If you want to believe its not selling then go ahead. You'll look like a fool once the chart updates in a few days and it's sitting at #1.

The fool assumes he knows. Everyone else waits for the evidence to state unequivocally that they do.

UNCMark

Banned
What are ya'll thoughts on remote play? May get a Vita down the line along with this.

Bad. Latency is an issue. Lack of buttons is an issue. And worst of all, it forces 30 FPS for games that are normally above 30. Not a reason to own a Vita. Get it because it has games you want to play natively.

samar11

I finally managed to get one and it's shipping and arriving to Australia on 27 Dec!

This might be slightly off topic, but I am trying to cancel my pre order and get my $50 deposit back from an ebay seller. His saying it's non-refundable, even though its not mentioned in the agreement or his terms and conditions section. Any help ?

I finally managed to get one and it's shipping and arriving to Australia on 27 Dec!

This might be slightly off topic, but I am trying to cancel my pre order and get my $50 deposit back from an ebay seller. His saying it's non-refundable, even though its not mentioned in the agreement or his terms and conditions section. Any help ?

Not familiar with the law Australia but in many countries you have the right to return everything bought on the Internet within 14 or 30 days. If this exists( or you make him believe it exists ;) ) you could go through with your order and return it later on. Say if he doesn't want that hassle he can just let you cancel for free.

Pain

Banned
The fool assumes he knows. Everyone else waits for the evidence to state unequivocally that they do.
It's selling. That's just obvious.
How well is it selling? That's the real question. Well get an idea once Amazon decides to update their chart. We'll get even better data once December NPD comes around.

Lemstar

$50 deposit, as in you paid $50 for a preorder listing?

Complain to eBay customer service.

samar11

Not familiar with the law Australia but in many countries you have the right to return everything bought on the Internet within 14 or 30 days. If this exists( or you make him believe it exists ;) ) you could go through with your order and return it later on. Say if he doesn't want that hassle he can just let you cancel for free.

Yes well the thing is I can get a full refund if I change my mind, so inst it less of a hassle for both of us if he just gives me back my $50?

This is his refund policy.

Full Refund

Exchange All customers are eligible to apply for this as long as you are not happy with the product , easy as that.

samar11

$50 deposit, as in you paid $50 for a preorder listing?

Complain to eBay customer service.

They were getting it shipped from Malaysia to Australia, but If I wanted one secured and ready to pick up from Aus, I had to put a $50 deposit.

Edit: this is what he wrote:

The purpose of the deposit is to hold on the unit for you , we have and we have shipped the item to the store . It's not refundable sorry

cakefoo

So how many more units did Amazon get this time around then?

I own a PS4, and I have been seeing a lot GAF praising the PS4 for selling out quickly especially at Amazon. I was just wondering why it isn't selling out as quickly as before.
5 days before Christmas? It's probably a huge shipment. It's just common sense.

The general consensus is that PS4 is behind in shipments in the US. PS4 commands a higher premium on ebay ($141 vs $85 for XB1) so there is clearly more pent up demand, so I am inclined to believe that the sales outpace XB1 when it becomes available in short bursts versus XB1's slow and steady strategy.

But until both consoles are readily available in stores, nobody can know which console is more desirable to more consumers.

Yes well the thing is I can get a full refund if I change my mind, so inst it less of a hassle for both of us if he just gives me back my $50?

This is his refund policy.

Full Refund

Exchange All customers are eligible to apply for this as long as you are not happy with the product , easy as that.

Yeah of course it would be easier. Tell him you will return it either way and just want to save him some time

Had it in my cart for hours and finally pulled the trigger. Don't expect to play much until I get some of these PC and Wii U games out of the way but at least now my wife won't have to hear me talk about whether or not it is in stock every time we walk into a store.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I keep putting one in my cart and then removing it. I don't even know what I'd play on it at this point.

Assassin's Creed 4 is damn near perfect, Resogun will scratch that next-gen Defender itch and LEGO Marvel Superheroes is just plain fun with a 100 character roster.

Derpcrawler

Not sure if this is a serious post or not, but it works amazingly well for me. Virtually no lag, and graphics look stellar.

Then you play on shitty TV with 80-100ms input lag or never played Wii U/Nvidia Shield. It works extremely bad. Read DF article, 90-130ms input lag? No thanks.

samar11

Yeah of course it would be easier. Tell him you will return it either way and just want to save him some time

I just told him I am returning it if that's going to be the case and he wrote back this.

'People like you are downgrading the quality of the e commerce experience . Finding loopholes are not getting you anywhere as I have everything needed , go ahead and do whatever'

What could that mean?

johnny956

I just told him I am returning it if that's going to be the case and he wrote back this.

'People like you are downgrading the quality of the e commerce experience . Finding loopholes are not getting you anywhere as I have everything needed , go ahead and do whatever'

What could that mean?

He's pissed because he has to accept your return and you'll get your full credit including the deposit. That's the price he pays doing business, returns happen Don't feel bad. He'll sell it either way

Sean*O

I hope they got a few hundred K of these in stock and sell like crazy all weekend. I also got an Email from Gamestop letting me know PS4 was back in stock today.

Sony stuffing the channel at the right moment.

Machine

FUCK! I caved after over an hour and several cocktails.... I should have it the day before Xmas. Can I scalp it for big money in those last few hours before Xmas?

iceatcs

Then you play on shitty TV with 80-100ms input lag or never played Wii U/Nvidia Shield. It works extremely bad. Read DF article, 90-130ms input lag? No thanks.
Holy shit. Man that's fucking holy grail, 90 to 130ms for wireless. Nice to see same as TV.

Pingoreous

Am wondering are you running it direct(PS4 wifi to vita) or throught your router(PS4 Wired to your router then to vita)?

Direct eliminated lag significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom