• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 back in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breemin

So after placing an order on Amazon for a ps4, I decided to give my local Gamestop a ring to see if they indeed have some in stock. The lady said yes and I immediately canceled my Amazon order and took the 5 minute drive, antsy as fuck all the while.

I got there and there was 6 people inline. I saw 1 PS4 on the back counter on top of 3 Xbox 1. I was praying to dear god that no one in front of me was there for it. It was still there when I got to the register so I asked if they have any for sale.

"No, sold out."

I was strucked with bewilderment and crestfallen! "But I called not 10 minutes ago..."

"Yea, sorry."

So I hung my head and walked out thinking how I should of kept the Amazon order; maybe that was sold out too and I missed another chance.

"Wait!" I heard. "Theres 1 left. Im sorry."

Turns out the ps4 on the counter was unclaimed! Now im so happy!

Awesome! Enjoy it! Glad it worked out for ya. I would have not been so nice and would have pointed to the one on the counter.. huhhh!

mobius006

So after placing an order on Amazon for a ps4, I decided to give my local Gamestop a ring to see if they indeed have some in stock. The lady said yes and I immediately canceled my Amazon order and took the 5 minute drive, antsy as fuck all the while.

I got there and there was 6 people inline. I saw 1 PS4 on the back counter on top of 3 Xbox 1. I was praying to dear god that no one in front of me was there for it. It was still there when I got to the register so I asked if they have any for sale.

"No, sold out."

I was strucked with bewilderment and crestfallen! "But I called not 10 minutes ago..."

"Yea, sorry."

So I hung my head and walked out thinking how I should of kept the Amazon order; maybe that was sold out too and I missed another chance.

lesson: never cancel till in hand.

graywolf323

"No, sold out."

"Yea, sorry."

if you are going to drive straight to the store after calling always ask if they can hold it for you

BigJoeGrizzly

Neo Member
I want to get one (already own an Xbone), but WHERE ARE THE GAMES!? The only game announced that seems original so far is The Order 1886, and we know basically nothing about it. Where is Sony's "Titanfall" title?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I want to get one (already own an Xbone), but WHERE ARE THE GAMES!? The only game announced that seems original so far is The Order 1886, and we know basically nothing about it. Where is Sony's "Titanfall" title?

You want another cod clone? Infamous is the killer game for me, not more kids bunny hopping and headshotting online.

MMaRsu

Banned

Look at the amount of 360 exclusives

Then ps3 exclusives

In the last three years. There is your answer.

Where is Sony's generic shooter that is also on the PC? Doesn't exist. Shadowfall was atleast exclusive to the platform.

I would much rather have 70+ releases in 2014 of various quality compared to 1 blockbuster title, sales wise. MUCH rather have that. You'll play Titanfall for a few weeks until it becomes a generic XP grind and then will be on the forums asking about the next release.

But really, that " where are the games " comment is hilarious considering the PS4 has about 3-4x the number of games hitting in 2014 then the X1. I already have 10+ games installed on my system, all of which I think are high quality enjoyable titles and still have atleast 5 more I want to play myself out of just the launch games.

UNCMark

Banned

Infamous is it, but it's not exactly a big title. Despite having a larger install base, the 2nd game sold about a million fewer copies than the first. I liked the first one but it wasn't really all that special, but the 2nd game was a nosedive. Too many framerate problems and a lame story. The Halloween stand-alone game was really good though. Nice and short. It's definitely the first PS4 game that I'm really looking forward to though.

Where is Sony's generic shooter that is also on the PC? Doesn't exist. Shadowfall was atleast exclusive to the platform.
What does exclusivity matter if the game is bad? The blind hatred Titanfall gets just because of the platform it isn't on is just pathetic. It won all those awards because it wasn't just a generic clone. If you noticed, the generic clones (aka Killzone, CoD, BF) weren't raking in the awards at the conventions like Titanfall was.

Next year alone there's Driveclub, Infamous, The Order 1886 and maybe Uncharted (4?). There might be other games I'm forgetting about.

Infamous is it, but it's not exactly a big title. Despite having a larger install base, the 2nd game sold about a million fewer copies than the first. I liked the first one but it wasn't really all that special, but the 2nd game was a nosedive. Too many framerate problems and a lame story. The Halloween stand-alone game was really good though. Nice and short. It's definitely the first PS4 game that I'm really looking forward to though.

What does exclusivity matter if the game is bad? The blind hatred Titanfall gets just because of the platform it isn't on is just pathetic. It won all those awards because it wasn't just a generic clone. If you noticed, the generic clones (aka Killzone, CoD, BF) weren't raking in the awards at the conventions like Titanfall was.

This is a shooters genre world right now and Titanfall is a shooter that " zomg " lets you double jump and catch bullets in a mech. It is that initial " woah " factor that keeps getting it hype and awards because everyone is seeing it in short bursts or playing it in short bursts.

It is when you catch the 50th set of bullets in the same match, or toss someone out of their mech for the 50th time in a row where the real point of it being a " generic shooter " comes into play. It is what it is. I will try it out on PC to see if it was worth the hype, don't know it could be. But building a multiplayer FPS around scripted events and action sequences within the match screams redundant to me. You can only stare at the exact same animation so many times before that " woah " factor is completely gone and you are just playing COD again.

UNCMark

Banned
Why do I keep seeing people make this mistake. Destiny is not exclusive.

The guy asked what Sony's Titanfall was. Titanfall isn't an exclusive. Neither is Destiny, but Bungie is going out of their way to show off Destiny on PS4 so it's safe to assume that's going to be the lead platform and thus most likely the definitive version. If I owned an Xbox One, I wouldn't even consider Destiny on it.

You can only stare at the exact same animation so many times before that " woah " factor is completely gone and you are just playing COD again.

Sure, except that the people who actually played it say its nothing like CoD. Thus the hype.

Amir0x

Banned

I don't know what you mean by 'original', but RIME was announced, Shadow of the Beast was announced (essentially a reboot of the amiga classic), DriveClub, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and as you mention they have The Order: 1886 and at least 8 other unannounced "first year" games which we do not yet know about which may suit your bill.

If you specifically mean where is Sony's own online shooter, then maybe that point is closer. You may just mean the games haven't yet appealed to you.

Well if you specifically want Call of Duty with mechas, I think Titanfall is the only one currently upcoming since DICE seems to have abandoned Battlefield 2142.

Sony's flagship first-party shooter franchise is Killzone. KZ is pretty take-it-or-leave-it, no franchise seems to be most divisive among shooter fans than KZ is.

Biker19

Banned
Look at the amount of 360 exclusives

Then ps3 exclusives

In the last three years. There is your answer.

This. People are talking about Sony not having any games, yet look at the last 3 years of the Xbox 360. I don't hear anyone going after Microsoft for less 1st/2nd party exclusives while talking & showing too much on Kinect.

UNCMark

Banned
This. People are talking about Sony not having any games, yet look at the last 3 years of the Xbox 360. I don't hear anyone going after Microsoft for less 1st/2nd party exclusives.

It's easy to mask a lack of exclusives when the console is awash in third party titles. Harder to do at launch when even third parties are struggling to release games.

Salex_

Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, and Killer Instinct are original....? Quick question though, what's the next Xbox One AAA game after Titanfall?

I'll answer your question although i'm sure you'll ignore this. I seen how you post.

Confirmed 2014

inFamous: Second Son
Driveclub
MLB The Show
Guilty Gear Xrd
Rime
The Order: 1886
Everquest Next
Planetside 2
FF14
Shadow of the Beast
Deep Down

Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, and Killer Instinct are original....? Quick question though, what's the next Xbox One AAA game after Titanfall?

I'll answer your question although i'm sure you'll ignore this. I seen how you post.

Confirmed 2014

MLB The Show
Planetside 2
Deep Down

Totally forgot about those, now I'm hyped lol.

Quantum Break, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive (although we know so little about the game at this point), Dark Dreams Don't Die (if you're a fan of his games, which I am) and I would honestly toss Project Spark in there because that thing just looks fantastic. However, I think there's a very good chance that it could release even before Titanfall.

Xbone in stock means Microsoft is supplying well

Ps4 in stock means its not selling

I wouldn't take the posts saying this seriously. Mine, for example, is totally tongue in cheek. And let's not act as if the same thing doesn't happen in Xbox One threads. In fact, we've had probably close to 10 times as many threads where the lack of it being sold out was seen as somehow a bad sign for the system. Hell, even when the system sold out too quickly, or came back in stock too soon, that, too, was somehow also seen as a negative..

BigJoeGrizzly

Neo Member
Looks like my post got a lot of responses, haha. All my friends have Xbones though, so tough to go that route at this point until the games start flowing in that force my hand. I don't plan on having BOTH consoles, so Its tough when you know that ALL your friends will be playing Titanfall when it releases, and you could possibly miss out because you're the only one with a PS4.

UNCMark

Banned
Looks like my post got a lot of responses, haha. All my friends have Xbones though, so tough to go that route at this point until the games start flowing in that force my hand. I don't plan on having BOTH consoles, so Its tough when you know that ALL your friends will be playing Titanfall when it releases, and you could possibly miss out because you're the only one with a PS4.

Go where your friends are. Nothing will stop you from buying a PS4 in the future.

Pain

Banned
PS4 still available as of this post, not the half an hour seller like before.
Actually the longer it's in stock, the better. It's a sign of how big the shipment is.

Just to make sure, joke post, right? I can't tell with you....

Salex_

Quantum Break, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive (although we know so little about the game at this point), Dark Dreams Don't Die (if you're a fan of his games, which I am) and I would honestly toss Project Spark in there because that thing just looks fantastic. However, I think there's a very good chance that it could release even before Quantum Break.

Are you sure Quantum Break is a 2014 title? I haven't seen any hints of the release year yet. D4 looks cool, the premise reminds me of Stein's Gate.

BigJoeGrizzly

Neo Member
Go where your friends are. Nothing will stop you from buying a PS4 in the future.

Yah, but I want the best console NOW. I miss the days when I was young and I didn't focus so much on the specs and power potential of consoles, and just enjoyed the games. DAMN THIS KNOWLEDGE.

beast786

Be a leader not a sheep.

I only preach what I do.

;p

Mifune

Mehmber

Why not wait until it has the games you want before buying one? Crazy, I know.

There's no killer app right now but that doesn't bother me. I've had fun playing Flower, Sound Shapes, and flOw. Still have to try Contrast. Haven't finished KZ or AC4 yet. It's not like I would urge anyone to go out and buy one but I'm enjoying it. Still, WAIT FOR THE GAMES YOU WANT BEFORE BUYING.

UNCMark

Banned
Actually the longer it's in stock, the better. It's a sign of how big the shipment is.

Or it's a sign that it isn't selling. How would you know either way?

Yah, but I want the best console NOW. I miss the days when I was young and I didn't focus so much on the specs and power potential of consoles, and just enjoyed the games. DAMN THIS KNOWLEDGE.

The best console now is the Wii U. It has games. Sorry, but it's the truth. Launch consoles generally suck for games. This launch is no different.

Confirmed 2014

inFamous: Second Son
Driveclub
MLB The Show
Guilty Gear Xrd
Rime
The Order: 1886
Everquest Next
Planetside 2
FF14
Shadow of the Beast
Deep Down

Add to that Diablo 3 and also the likelihood that the PS4 "might" have better versions of multi-platform titles.

Xamdou

So how many more units did Amazon get this time around then?

I own a PS4, and I have been seeing a lot GAF praising the PS4 for selling out quickly especially at Amazon. I was just wondering why it isn't selling out as quickly as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom