• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Switch Bundle Announced for July 21, Neon Green/Pink Joy-Cons Autumn

tkscz

I was going to have spare money next month an buy a Switch, guess I'll pre-order this bundle instead.

Blue/Red joycons >>> Green/Pink joycons.

The green and pink ones are pretty nice, but when I get my Switch I'll be happy to stay with my neon pair.

Josh5890

Pardon me if this is a stupid question but the Japan pro controller will work on my US Switch right? I want to pre-order this just to make sure I get one.

fXXbT35.jpg

Thank god E3 will have happened by then - I'll know if it's worth it or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stock situation was so crazy in NA that Nintendo didn't want to commit to anything. Or maybe they're just saving it for E3, who knows.

watershed

Banned
The non-Japan bundle having only red and blue joycon is a greedy move by Nintendo. They are milking Splatoon fans who will buy the neon green and pink standalone. They should be in the bundle.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
Nintendo is going to make so much extra money off of people buying different colored controllers (when they dont need them).

I plan to buy my switch before July 21 but man, am I tempted to buy those neon Joycons when it launches.

Joycons are phenomenal.

Yeah. I have a Pro controller and it's great-- and obviously its d-pad makes it more suitable for certain things, but I played through Breath of the Wild using them (in the grip and sometimes not!) and I think it's just super nice, really. But I'm a big fan of the Wii remote and nunchuk setup where you can have both hands free with a controller in each hand.

I want a Skyward Sword remaster on Switch so bad so that I can play it with a Joycon in each hand. I think that'd be so cool.

Iced

I was hoping for a pink L and green R, as I only own the neon red/blue that are sold separate from the console (I sold my grey ones - wasn't a fan) and I wanted to be able to mix and match them. The green with the blue would be fine, but I don't think the red with pink will be as striking.

Small chance of hardware revision in 2018 and no way a price cut. If you're really waiting for FE there might be new bundles or colors though.

This is the only thing I'm worried about, don't want to buy a switch and then a month or two later find out they're making an XL or Lite revision that improves or adds features.

Then again, if that happens, selling or trading in is always an option I guess...

Damn you Nintendo, wasn't planning on spending so much so soon.

BBboy20

I'm scared that by the end of the Switch's run, I'm going to have a drawer filled with multi-colored Joycons.
4 sets of controllers is my limit for any console...but....considering the switch is capable of going beyond 4.......lord help me...or hell, devs, make games that can crank up the local multiplayer to justify this odd obsession. :(

Teepo671

Wait, the bundle isn't coming to north america?
That's disappointing. Guess I'll just pick up the red and blue switch. If extra joycons weren't so expensive I might've considered grabbing those watermelon joycons.

Top Bottom