• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Idea to balance the Binary Rifle: use the current mechanics where scoped is an instakill murderbeam, unscoped is a random blast... for the first shot that is. Second shot in the clip reverses these mechanics, forcing you to actually keep an eye on which shot you're using, otherwise you just end up firing a blank at the speed of light into your teammate that's sitting right next to you.

I'm gonna just call the Binary Rifle the murderbeam from now on.

Wait, what? You want a sniper rifle to be more effective unscoped than scoped? WTF?

It looks like the death cam is actually going to be in almost every playlist :/
The way Frankie was talking about it made it seem as if it were only in game types like dominion at first.

I just don't want to impulsively jam on the x button every time I die so that I don't have to see a false representation of where my enemy was aiming and me dying.
The only thing the death cam does is show you what weapon the enemy was using and showing the position they were in. The latter was easy to see with the reach post-death camera positioning.

Wait, what? You want a sniper rifle to be more effective unscoped than scoped? WTF?

No, no. The binary rifle has two shots per clip. As it is, scoped it annihilates anything, vehicles included. Unscoped it randomly shoots off a round in a direction, with unknown power. To balance it, the first shot would be normal (scoped = death, unscoped = wtf), and the second shot would be reversed (scoped = wtf, unscoped = death). Just in case it's too overpowered as it is, being a one-hit kill and all.

No, no. The binary rifle has two shots per clip. As it is, scoped it annihilates anything, vehicles included. Unscoped it randomly shoots off a round in a direction, with unknown power. To balance it, the first shot would be normal (scoped = death, unscoped = wtf), and the second shot would be reversed (scoped = wtf, unscoped = death). Just in case it's too overpowered as it is, being a one-hit kill and all.

That's exactly what I said. You want the second shot on a sniper to be more effective unscoped than scoped. Why not just remove the second shot and make it a one shot clip?

Where have you read/seen that it annihilates vehicles?

Where have you read/seen that it annihilates vehicles?

i think ghaleon said he blew a vehicle up with it. might have already been damaged though.

just thought of something, it would be awesome if hitting a vehicle with an incinerator cannon causes the whole vehicle to disintegrate, passengers included.

NE2GH.gif

I'm down for some achievement-getting too though, if it happens in the next 3 hours or so.

I'm on now if you all want to get on and try and get a group going.

OT but some beautiful football going on in the SEC right now. God's conference.
Also, if you guys still have any spots in that achievement party I'd be glad to play for about an hour or so.

blamite

You know what, this looks great. I don't even care about what's different or what was taken from CoD or what's gone or whatever anymore, this looks amazing. I'm sick of being negative and critical of every little thing, and this looks great, and I'll take any change for whatever reason to get away from the mess of a game that was Reach. I don't care if that makes me Team SLRP or whatever dumb label but I really want to love playing Halo again and based on everything I've seen of this game I will. 343, this is perfect, don't change anything. Unless you want to, I guess, I don't care it looks great. Just make it great, it looks like you are though so just keep that up I guess.

TheOddOne

You know what, this looks great. I don't even care about what's different or what was taken from CoD or what's gone or whatever anymore, this looks amazing. I'm sick of being negative and critical of every little thing, and this looks great, and I'll take any change for whatever reason to get away from the mess of a game that was Reach. I don't care if that makes me Team SLRP or whatever dumb label but I really want to love playing Halo again and based on everything I've seen of this game I will. 343, this is perfect, don't change anything. Unless you want to, I guess, I don't care it looks great. Just make it great, it looks like you are though so just keep that up I guess.
ipxJJ5bC5i2bE.gif

Why wasn't this just a card with a code for the pass on it, instead of buy points -> redeem points -> buy pass? Seems like a weird case of middlemanitis.

I thought Microsoft have said that points are going away... Or is that just a rumour?

Ok SLRPer.
;)

I agree.

DeadNames

Banned

TESTIFY!

I agree. Sign me up for Team SLRP.

Top Bottom