• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Switch announced, 2018, zero other details

GSR

Just announced on the Direct - basically no details besides the fact it exists, not even a formal title or concept art. 2018 release.

Strider

I literally rolled my eyes so hard when the echoes thing was 3ds...

but hey even tho there is no info... at least they are finally letting it be known handheld series are coming to switch as well

NotLiquid

Expected. Figures they wouldn't show this one at the Switch conference since it still seems like they don't have a lot to show.

Here's hoping that "home console experience" means more than just playing on your TV. Heard Nohr made a bunch of steps in the right direction but a PoR-style game would be ace.

Nintendo know how to make me hesitate to buy their product.

Fire Emblem this year and next year as well as SMT coming out soon.

I might have to buy a Switch sooner then I thought.

This was almost as good as the Agent announcement.
I was thinking of Suda's announcement myself. At least he bothered to bring along a piece of art.

This was literally:

IpDAgCi.gif

Is Nintendo having this hard of a time on titles for this year that they keep announcing titles without showing anything. The no more heroes thing was sort of odd. It isn't the norm, this is was a typical thing long ago when games could be made in a year but this is far from what we typically see. Oh well, maybe it will work out in the end.

Protome

It felt very much like someone somewhere down the line said "Guys, I know we need to have this Fire Emblem direct for the Mobile game and new 3DS thing but we just announced the Switch."

I bet if they could have, Nintendo would have left this announcement for the end of the year/start of next.

Nintendo know how to make me hesitate to buy their product.

Fire Emblem this year and next year as well as SMT coming out soon.

I might have to buy a Switch sooner then I thought.

Did you think they wouldn't make any more Fire Emblem games ever again?

If simply being aware that it will one day exist is enough for you to buy a console you could have made that decision the moment Nintendo started talking about the NX.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
2018. Meanwhile a new 3ds game announced for May. Great timing for announcement too. Very focused strategy here, Nintendo.

I did figure that they would prematurely announce a new mainline Fire Emblem for Switch without showing anything.

It's kinda like how they announced Smash 4 back in 2011.

Flintty

Not even a glimpse though :(

Never played a FE game before so I'm thinking this would be a good in for me. Still tempted by Awakening though, I liked the demo but didn't wanna risk spending the money in case it turned out to be not my thing.

Top Bottom