• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Switch announced, 2018, zero other details

Mediking

Pretty insulting to any Switch enthusiast. Can't even show art... like really? Too busy spending resources on that damn Echoes 3DS game, huh?!

Fbh

Cool...I guess... I mean there wasn't even concept art but a main entry on an HD console is allways exciting.

The Swich continues to look like a great purchase .....1-2 years after launch

LordKano

This is the only forum where announcing a Fire Emblem on Switch ends up with bad reactions. Unbelievable.

I'm sure if they announced only the 3DS game people would have riot.

2018? Low budget garbage story/world building confirmed. Sigh, keep the "whatever-service" to a minimum please. I can't take that shit anymore.

I think paring it back a bit probably best for the series right now. Fates was all over the place. So focusing back down is an ideal way to court Hardcore players right now now that the series has earned enough reputation for being hardcore but welcoming.

I made a post in an earlier thread that if they could make a strictly linear FE, that would be a nice change of pace.

2018? Low budget garbage story/world building confirmed. Sigh, keep the "whatever-service" to a minimum please. I can't take that shit anymore.

giphy.gif

This is the only forum where announcing a Fire Emblem on Switch ends up with bad reactions. Unbelievable.

I'm extremely happy.

I went from begging/hoping we get localize Fire Emblem games. To having to many.

NeonZ

FE6-10 came out in much smaller intervals than New Mystery -> Awakening -> Fates.

...yeah I'm sick and tired of negative reactions. It's bad if it's for 3DS. It's bad if it's for 3DS and Switch. It's bad if it's for Switch...just enjoy what you see FFS

GDGF

Soothsayer

You're literally getting pissed off over scenarios you're inventing in your own head. That can't be healthy.

GSR

Also bear in mind that Fates had the three-version thing going on. It's not impossible they'd revisit that for FE Switch, but I think it's more likely that the resources spent on making three versions is going to ensuring a smooth transition to HD.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm talking about the timing of the announcement.

We're between the live conference about Switch and Switch launch. A very short period nonetheless. And they announced a new FE game coming in May for 3ds (while Switch has troubles filling the line-up) and a port of FE Warriors happening for 3ds (so losing 1 exclusive). It's like sabotaging your own launching campaign.

Eeeeeh, it's a New 3DS exclusive, so its reach is several times smaller compared to the whole 3DS installed base, I don't think the Switch SKU will be that damaged by the New 3DS version.

Zedark

Yes, so happy! That FE Warriors game looked quite good, and also a full mainline title for Switch! Can't wait!

I'm sure if they announced only the 3DS game people would have DOA'd.
FTFY.

KooopaKid

Banned
At least it's reassuring to know one of Nintendo portable franchises is coming to Switch. That'll be the first so far.
2018, just in time for Switch Lite!

I can wait.

There's no rush. I don't have much time to play games, so Breath of the Wild in March + FE Echoes in May will take me for a while to complete. And I still haven't beat Fate yet.

Alebrije

This is good and bad at the same time

There will be a Fire Emblem game for Switch by 2018, it could be fall 2018

But this supports more the idea tha basically there are basically no more games for Swtich besides what we saw at the conference.

holy fuck are they pumping out fire emblem games at a rapid rate or what

I know, right?

I did not realize FE was this popular.

Full disclosure here that I've never played a FE game, but I'm interested in strategy and I like stuff like XCOM, so maybe this is worth a try.

But this supports more the idea tha basically there are basically no more games for Swtich besides what we saw at the conference.
You can't be serious?

Isn't it the other way around lmao.

YBdisk

Did you all like the candy support conversations or something? I don't know how big the teams are that are working on Echoes/overseeing Warriors. 1-2 years doesn't seem like enough time to get a "PoR quality" game with a new engine done. I've been disappointed with Awakening and even more so with Fates. Please understand my frustration...

LordKano

How can you come to this conclusion
this is literally the exact opposite

RRockman

Banned
I'M SO HAPPY!

Next 3ds game is an FE that has NOTHING to do with Fates and is also one I've always wanted to play! and Now HD FE on Switch next year! Is there any speculation as to what continent it will take place on? I can only hope it's a new one! The only way I could be happier is if they ditch that goofy rubbing mechanic for both games.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm talking about the timing of the announcement.

We're between the live conference about Switch and Switch launch. A very short period nonetheless. And they announced a new FE game coming in May for 3ds (while Switch has troubles filling the line-up) and a port of FE Warriors happening for 3ds (so losing 1 exclusive). It's like sabotaging your own launching campaign.

absolutely not
those aware of switch and interest in buying it at 300 bucks absolutely know how better will run on switch and so being a New3ds game too hardly move people away from the possible Switch purchae/version of the game

And already confirm people that the MAIN series with a brand new exsclusive game is coming, in both home and portable "mode", to Switch next year (not "just started the development so please wait") is exactly the message that they NEEDED to give us (on January 13th) of Switch actually going to be their next hw also for portable series (they would need to do a very similar thing with Animal Crossing, Pokemon and possibly MH)

CrisKre

Who wants to bet FE Switch will be 2018 only in Japan? :p

A Fire Emblem stated release for North America was never delayed as far as I recall. No reason to assume this won´t hit next year if that´s what they are stating. Also, Fire Emblem has become a bigger franchise in the last 5 years, a simultaneous with development dubbing like other Nintendo games are getting is not out of the question, but a very real possibility.

Zedark

I kind of get where he's coming from, on reflection. It's less about it being on 3DS and more about it not being on both systems.

Yeah, I kinda wished they would have made that remake of the 2nd FE available on Switch as well, would have made the deal even sweeter in my eyes. Still, I am happy with the warriors game and the mainline game next year!

LordKano

absolutely not
those aware of switch and interest in buying it at 300 bucks absolutely know how better will run on switch and so being a New3ds game too hardly move people away from the possible Switch purchae/version of the game

And already confirm people that the MAIN series with a brand new exsclusive game is coming, in both home and portable "mode", to Switch next year (not "just started the development so please wait") is exactly the message that they NEEDED to give us (on January 13th) of Switch actually going to be their next hw also for portable series (they would need to do a very similar thing with Animal Crossing, Pokemon and possibly MH)

The first thing that came into my mind were your posts about Fire Emblem when they announced the Switch game :p

Top Bottom